logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
Wrinkle Acres Dog Kennel **KAREN WILSON**
Bad bad bad dog breeder for akc!
2. (8 mins ago)
Boulevard Motors
misrepresentation in selling a car
3. (12 mins ago)

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

manifest non obstante veredicto network, Florida Complaints & Reviews - Scam

manifest non obstante veredicto network Contacts & Informations

manifest non obstante veredicto network

Posted:    Lin_555

Scam

Manifest Non Obstante Veredicto Network
Florida
A loved one is incarcerated in Fl. He was sent a letter from Manifest Non Obstante Veredicto Network, amongst many other inmates, claiming that for an initial fee of $295.00 they would research his case to see if he would be eligible for a probono attorney to represent him to have his sentence reduced if they found him eligible. I researched the company and found them on the BBB w/no complaints other than that no one had ever heard of them and there were tons of complaints about them on the internet. I contacted Shani Burton who represents the company and trying to give them the benefit of the doubt, asked her for references of former clients and also for the names of the attorneys that do the pro bono work in Florida - well Ms. Burton sent me not one but three nasty emails - one in which she called me arrogant for asking such questions, told me that will not give out the names of the attorneys or clients because she didn't want me calling the attorneys office and bothering them to have to field such calls, pretty much told me that I was looking a gift horse in the mouth and I can go ahead and pay an attorney to do it and had I paid the money I would have gotten a welcome package with the name of the person who handles this organization in Florida - but because I had dared to ask a legitimate question she was therefore rescinding the offer to help my loved one. Call me crazy but that sounds like a threat to me and I have never in my life heard of a non profit organization that refuses to answer questions of a concerned loved one. I have filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau, contacted the State Attorney's office both in Connecticut and Florida and I am contacting the ABA and any non profit organization I can think of. These people need to be stopped. Giving hope to desperate individuals and rescinding offers because you ask a question is wrong and I don't want any other people to fall for it.
If anyone doesn't believe me I will show every nasty email that Ms Shani Burton sent me. I wanted to believe but it is simply not true.
Comments United States Lawyers and Attorneys
Was the above complaint useful to you?
More manifest non obstante veredicto network complaints
manifest non obstante veredicto network - Scam aimed at FL prisoner's familys

Comments

31st of Aug, 2010 by   MNN, Inc. Staff 0 Votes
The individual that has posted this complaint is not a client nor has ever been a client of Manifest Non Obstante Veredicto Network. This individual called our office on several occasions and discussed her situation with one of our attorneys. She checked the BBB and was told our organization had no complaints lodged against us. This individual demonstrated a propensity to be combative and unreasonable even before she enrolled in our Pro Bono program. As you may infer from her complaint she is determined to slander our organization and thereby prevent other needy individuals from receiving help because she cannot receive help on the terms she desires our organization to operate under. We have tried to reason with this individual to no avail. You must measure this complaint for what it is. Please do not be misled by the complaints registered from a non client that is frustrated because our organization refuses to be bullied by her. We cannot spend an inordinate amount of resources on the whims of unreasonable people such as these. Logic must prevail when requesting the help of a Pro Bono organization that has already helped numerous families and their incarcerated loved ones.
 31st of Aug, 2010 by   MNN, Inc. Staff 0 Votes
Our organization has been the victim of targeted slander. We have restrained ourselves from expending needed resources on pursuing remedies available to us under the law. This individual is at risk for legal action but does not realize the potential consequences of her own actions. Our organization was founded to help needy persons that can not afford legal representation. We are conflicted when a person reacts such as the one, making an illogical complaint, here does. We could pursue legal action and undoubtedly prevail but to what effect? This single misguided individual thinks she is hurting our organization by posting falsehoods or intentionally vague misrepresentations that will mislead the reader into believing our organization is doing something illegal or wrong. Wherein she is the one that has chosen to alienate herself from the potential help that we so graciously extended to her loved one. We regret that this individual has chosen to ignore all the evidence we presented to her justifying the legitimacy of our offer. We cannot comprehend how this individual has arrived at the position she has. Every staff member that has interacted with her has become frustrated with her unreasonableness. No amount of effort was spared in helping this woman before she was even accepted as a client. We must regretfully inform her that if she continues to slander our organization we will be left with no alternative other than to seek legal recourse against her.
 11th of Nov, 2011 by   Evelyn G 0 Votes
I called the organization, I asked a few questions politely. They were very crude. They just kept repeating the same information as on there Internet site. They accused me of acting like a criminal because I do not trust them. They informed me they were doing my family member a favor. I again explained that all I wanted was better information, and reference from previous client to assure this is not a scam. I called the lawyer Rangile A. Santiago, she gave me her barr number. Her phone is a cell number, and her address is a PO box in Delray, Fl.
I questioned the amount of money they are asking for, and that they want a money order which cannot be disputed as if the payment was made with a credit card. The man got very sarcastic with me.
 29th of Dec, 2011 by   ruby m 0 Votes
thanks you guys ... i thought this was a scam
 2nd of Feb, 2012 by   houston tx 0 Votes
Thanks! My brother has 65 years and he wrote me telling me about this place. I told him i would research it first and they have had complains since 2009...It sound good $295 but im not going to throw away $300 for someone else to get rich off of. Thanks for your comment it has helped me alot to not call this place!
 24th of Feb, 2012 by   Carima Crachian 0 Votes
Thanks so much for this info i really needed to here it.. these people have hurt a lot of families i have been hearing lots of stories
 31st of Mar, 2012 by   Monica Pina 0 Votes
Hi everyone I my brother received a letter from this organization and we sent the money they were asking for $395.00 but now we decided to investigate. I would like to know how many sent the money and received this promotion to see how many scams have been done or if you have dealt with them and had success also to the MNN inc staff you said that people did not put who they were I am not scared and do not mind putting my name as you were cause all you put down was MNN inc staff why not your name and agent number here let me be the one with balls to show you who post real post and who are the fake!! my name is Monica Pina and if you work for Manifest Non Obstante Veredicto Network you should have all my information that I sent along with my hard earned money that as it says on your paper your case file fee will be promptly returned to you!! How about you show me if you are the real deal and provide me with more information and a refund like it says on your letter!!
 5th of Apr, 2012 by   Carima Crachian 0 Votes
hey girl, my husband got the same letter and everything just started not to add up so i did research and talked to a friend of mine on the head of parole and she said it's def a scam. I means they say they have helped all the familes, but where are the success stories?? You would def hear about them or see them on their website, but all i saw was the same two stories and a website that didnt help one bit. They wont even answer questions for you. It pisses me off that they would take someones hard earned money like that.

Identity-Fraud