logo

SCBN
Prescription Advocacy
2. (0 mins ago)
KSRTC / Online Booking
Money debited twice from my account
3. (4 mins ago)

Posted: 2011-03-19 by    CShannon

Timeshare

Manhattan Club
New York, New York
Purchased at Manhattan Club over ten years ago. Impossible to use even when I try to reserve 9 months in advance. Also, must prepay maintenance for reservation into next year. That means if I want to reserve a few nights in November, I must pay the maintenance fee when I book. Just paid over $1800 in maintenance fees this week. Our annual week start is September 26th. Billed in February 8 months in advance and if I want to reserve November must pay next years maintenance fee now...Rip Off Purchased 7 nights a year, lucky if I get to reserve 4 nights a year, no matter when I call to reservce. Staff is surly at best, except doorman, they are wonderful, courteous, and helpful Forget about reservationist, front desk, and housekeeping all extremely rude. Would sell if possible.
ANYONE INTERESTED IN STARTING CLASS ACTION SUIT? PLEASE CONTACT ME AT CMMSHANNON@AOL.COM
Comments United States Vacation Clubs
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

19th of Mar, 2011 by   CShannon 0 Votes
I agree completely with complaints. Also would like to add, that Manhattan Club always has rooms available for rent. How is it they have rooms for rent, but not for owners????? Seems odd that I cannot use my timeshare, but if I want to pay I can get a room
 7th of Sep, 2011 by   club member +1 Votes
i purchased at the manhattan club over 10 years ago. i love it there! bellpeople unbelievably courteous, concierge super; front desk, usually ok except for a few cranks; suites generally in good shape although there's always something rather minor wrong: turntable in microwaves rarely work. breakfast: fruit, cereal, danish, the usual cold stuff...plus $1.75 for coffee...is a total ripoff at $15 per person. mac donalds and starbucks are a wink away. don't even try to send in a suggestion card...if you do, there's no response, even for an important matter. the cancellation policy...72 hrs prior to reservation...is ok, but there's no relenting on the directors' part. thought i'd be able to get to the man club after hurricaine irene: EVEN BLOOMBERG SAID STAY HOME!..i was charged either $175 to get my day back or lose the day...outrageous, thanks to SALVATORE REALE, DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS. i had no electric and there was water in my basement, but that was no excuse for not being able to make it from long island to nyc, even though many of my streets were blocked with downed trees...either pay the $175 penalty for cancelling or lose the day. i could go on. would i recommend the man club to relatives, colleagues or friends? yes because the club itself is great; NO BECAUSE RESERVATIONS ARE LIKE HENS' TEETH TO GET AND THE MGMT AND BD OF DIRECTORS DO NOT TREAT OWNERS WITH ANY RESPECT OR EMPATHY DUE TO UNFORSEEN CIRCUMSTANCES...AND I'M NOT SPEAKING OF FLIMSY EXCUSES FOR RESERVATION CANCELLATIONS...BUT FOR A MAJOR METRO AREA STORM...BE REASONABLE TO YOUR LOYAL OWNERS (MEMBERS).

2010 Year End Tax Tips