logo

usuaria de internet
FRAUDE Y ESTAFA
5. (12 mins ago)
theautopartsshop.com
They took double sum from them and didn’t provide any order

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Posted:    Heather

Will not give refund

MagicJack
www.magicjack.com
I had ordered Magicjack off of their website. Once I received the device I realized that it would not work with my area code. Once I contacted magicjack; via their chat sessions. (Since they don't have a phone number you can call.) They insisted that I keep the device but could not tell me when my area code would become available. So, I should just hold onto the thing not knowing when or if I would ever be able to use it. I went through their website to obtain an RMA number to return the product. I wrote this number on the outside of the package but failed to keep this number for myself. I had returned the device before my 30 day trial period was up. They advertise that if you return their product before the 30 days that you will not be charged. HA!! They charged me $46.90 right on schedule. I have chatted with about 6 different "agents" and still have not gotten anywhere. They keep asking me for my RMA number. (Which I didn't keep) I told them they should be able to retreive that information off of their website. The last agent told me that it was my credit card company that was the hold up. Something to do with their refund policy. I told him that I did not pay for this item with a credit card and that it was debited out of my checking account. He replied that it was all the same. I told him that it has been almost 2 months now that they have had their product and it was time to give me my money. I threatened to contact the BBB. I told him that any other normal place of business; when confronted with a return, does not have the option to keep the product and the money. He just left the conversation with please be patient and I will TRY to resolve this issue. I advise everyone to stay clear of this company! If they can't even afford a phone to handle customer calls that should be a red flag! Not only that, but you have to wonder what kind of people they are hiring to be their "agents". Half of them can't spell and the other half of them keep saying the same thing over and over. You begin to wonder if it a computer programmed to say the same thing over and over. Buyer Beware!
Comments United States Consumer Electronics
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

5th of Jun, 2008 by   Subhankar 0 Votes
I have the same experience chatting with the MJ agents they keep on asking the same things, though I have not returned it yet but I am going to do so soon if I don't hear from them, the 2 business days are over 3 days back and still have not heard from them.
 14th of Jul, 2008 by   Court 0 Votes
It has been over a week since i shipped by magicjack back and have the usps verification that it was received. Per a chat session i was assured that as soon as it was received I would receive my refund...but it is the bank that holds up the refund process (BS...but ok). To date I have not received the email from magicjack that I was told I would receive once the item was returned. The contact live support on their website does not seem to work. Guess I'll be disputing all charges with the bank in the morning! Be very careful when dealing with this company.
 29th of Jul, 2008 by   Barbara Lambright 0 Votes
I have had the same situation. I ordered the product from the television, and was billed the same day. Charges of $46.90 appeared on my bank statement within four days. I have discovered that I am in an area that only offers Dial Up Service and the product won't work with it. I was told that I was over 30 days trial period, even though they know that I never used the product. Had not set up anything, no phone number, etc. Yet, was told that they could not refund my money and product could not be returned. They would not even accept the completed RMA form. Instead, I was told, "you are not in the trial anymore so better use the product and save hundreds of dollars every year".
Does that sound right to you?
 20th of Aug, 2008 by   lennie bashiri 0 Votes
It does not sound right to me.
I have had the same situation. I ordered the product from the television, and was billed the same day. I was told that I was over 30 days trial period. During the free trail I had a difficulty to use the service. Because the quality of service was very poor and I was not able to communicate properly. Line was disconnected during the conversation and took a while to get a signal back. There is no telephone number to communicate with customer service. I do not know what I should do. Does any body know the customer service telephone number that I can communicate with. tnamjou@yahoo.com
Does that sound right to you?
 10th of Apr, 2009 by   Ramona Gonzales 0 Votes
I ordered the MagicJack, received it, but never opened it because I was still trying to ascertain the cost/involvement of dropping my land line. Turns out that I would not be able to drop my land line without a ton of hassle, so I opted to return the MagicJack. When I requested an RMA, they refused me because I was past the 30-day return deadline. Their customer service was HORRIBLE. I even spoke to a "supervisor" who was more rude than the customer rep! They were not interested at all in my plight and would not provide me any info about management or anyone else to contact. To date, I am stuck with the unopened product and the bill for the product. WHAT A HUGE RIP OFF! I even e-mailed their site and of course got no response... Companies like this should be illegal.
 4th of Sep, 2009 by   m72 0 Votes
I really like my Magicjack, maybe you could sell yours on Craigslist and get some of your money back?
 10th of May, 2013 by   marjorie234 0 Votes
I renewed my subscription and magicjack billed me 32.07 for automatic renewal fees that I never requested. They also add 3.27 regulatory charges to my accounts twice so that instead of paying $29.00 plus $10.00 for canadian number I was instead billed for $43.07 and 32.00 for the service. I called and had the shock of my life when the agent of line divulged these charges to me and could not tell me when if ever my money will be refunded.
I was asked to connect to an email address to confirm my cancellation and the was a site error message on the link. I do not know how magic jack can just bill their customers for services they never requested and then add regulatory charges on my account without first informing me. Is their anyone who has had this problem that can advise me on how I can get subscription cancelled and my refund
 27th of Jun, 2013 by   lizotte 0 Votes
I have been hung up on (in chat window) twice now. If you are wanting to get the upgraded version of magic jack, DON'T
you can have your own upgrade by plugging yours into a usb adapter.

2011 Tax Changes