Enjoy all the features! Create an account or Sign In

Posted:

Overcharged greatly

Magic Micro Computers
magicmicro.com
On July 31, 2008 I bought a desk-top computer from Magic Micro through Ebay. I paid $559.00 and $49.00 shipping, immediately after I won the auction. With the computer, I received a 3 year Warrantee, as they offer on their web-site. The day after I set up the computer, it kept freezing up. When I tried to reload my Windows XP-Pro the computer said it no longer recognized the Hard Drive. I called Magic Micro and the tech support had me open up the computer to check for loose wires. The computer still froze again and did not recognize the Hard Drive. After the third call to tech support, a tech called NIK told me to take the computer to a local computer repair, rather than send it back to Ohio and they would reimburse me for the cost to have the computer analyzed and repaired. The local computer repair found that the Hard Drive was bad. Magic Micro sent me a new Hard Drive, without charge, as long as I sent back the bad one, which I did. The total cost to repair the computer was $54.50. $35.00 for the diagnostic and $19.50 to install the new Hard Drive. I sent Magic Micro a letter by mail on 8/22/2008, along with a copy of the invoice from the local computer repair, as I was instructed to do by NIK. Up until 10/20/2008 I had heard nothing from Magic Micro. When I called them on 10/20/2008, I was told that I should have sent the computer back to Ohio and their policy does not include reimbursing repairs. So now I paid full price for a computer that didn't work and when I followed their instructions to resolve the problem, I ended up paying the bill.

On 10/22/2008 I filed a complaint with the Cleveland, OH Better Business Bureau. Magic Micro has chosen to ignore their requests to solve this matter.
Complaint comments Comments Complaint country United States Complaint category Computers & Accessories
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

8th of Aug, 2012 by    0 Votes
This company is the worst ever - they have lousy customer service topped with a crappy product -- we are so disappointed with having done business with them. We have been trying to have a computer fixed for nearly a year...we want a refund but they will not give us one. They have had the computer for a second time for over a month -- trying to fix it -- they do not seem to know what they are doing besides taking people's money for a lousy product. Watch out for Max - he is a supposed supervisor with the customer service skills of a smart aleck...he will not help you. And they have only one tech named Ed - who seems to be a lost soul...definitely in the wrong field.

Contact Us