logo

1. (0 mins ago)
Massey Services
2. (12 mins ago)
Forest Wind Siberians
Bad company, don’t buy from them
3. (42 mins ago)

5700 GEORGIA AVE
West Palm Beach, Florida
Phone: 561-586-3380 OR 281-404-1551
MAGICJACK.COM
THIS COMPANY SCAMMED CUSTOMER. NEVER PAY WITH YOUR DEBIT CARD OR ELSE YOU ARE OUT OF LUCK.
HERE IS THE LINK TO NEWS REPORT: http://www.wptv.com/content/specialreports/story.aspx?content_id=57bce2bd-41bf-47e9-9fbd-cee879d2d64c
Comments United States Telecommunications
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

6th of Aug, 2008 by   Bob Smith +1 Votes
MAGIC JACK

The company’s BBB rating is below.

F We strongly question the company’s reliability for reasons such as that they have failed to respond to complaints, their advertising is grossly misleading, they are not in compliance with the law’s licensing or registration requirements, their complaints contain especially serious allegations, or the company’s industry is known for its fraudulent business practices.

This company doe’s not respond to anybody that I know of. I believe that they think everyone will just give up trying and let their 30 days pass. This old bulldog will not do that. I ordered one and I purchased with a “Debit” card, they sent me two and debited for two but their telephone numbers and websites are just a run around. I have done some extensive research to find out the below info. My bank said I would have to show that I sent the items back to them to get my funds back so I have to pay shipping myself but it is worth it to get rid of this product and its bad reputation company.

I also think all of their kudos were made up by them.

Magic Jack LP
CEO: Peter Russo
5700 Georgie Avenue
West Palm Beach, Florida 33405

Telephone numbers 1-561-594-2140 and 1-561-995-4376

Bob Smith
Houston, Texas
 2nd of Oct, 2008 by   Valerie 0 Votes
I had my Magic Jack working for a while, then started having problems of no audio, doesn't work through my phone from time to time, so everyday is a hit or miss. I chat with the Customer Care and that's the ONLY way to contact them, they told me to go through whole bunch of things, and it didn't work. And it was my bad, i actually went through it again and again for like 6 times with 6 different chat sessions. Eventually i asked to get a replacement, so i was transfered on chat to somebody, then they first said they can't find my account, need my credit card number, then they said they found it, and I will be contacted in 24 hours, but then nobody contacted me, so I chatted again... now, to make the story short, Cassey, Bert, Desmond and Grace, total 4 so called "supervisors", had promised i will be contacted and nothing happened, and they ALL said they couldn't find my account and then found it, and they all said it will be resolved in 24 hours... and they ALL said nothing was followed up because they can't find my account info (even though I have a copy of the confirmation email). Eventually i told Grace, if they can't get my account, that means i don't have to pay and renew it (which is coming up soon), because they don't know i have an account, and it's working occasionally. I am not planning to renew, this company really ***, and let's see if they will cut it off when my account is due, then hopefully they will realize... they do have my account!
 2nd of Oct, 2008 by   Valerie 0 Votes
When I installed Magicjack, my area code was not available. The Indianapolis area code was though. So my friends and neighbors in Southern Indiana now have to make a long distance phone call to speak with me. No problem, the truth is they never call me anyways. Oh, yes, according to their on-line help, their engineers are working on this problem and will be corrected in their future upgrades. I was pretty disappointed because it really did seem to work. My wife called be from her cell phone and the clarity was fairly good. I was speaking to her and could see her through the window. There is a one second delay which is not too bothersome- except when you can see the person you are talking to and their lips start moving before you can hear them on the phone.
 20th of Oct, 2008 by   Renee F 0 Votes
i also order. i have my email comformation. they cant find my order but they have my money. i have no product. can anyone help me?
 23rd of Oct, 2008 by   martygavin 0 Votes
agree strongly. I have notified the Florida AG and news agencies in my state of Louisiana. Perhaps a class action is an avenue.
 22nd of Nov, 2008 by   nl +1 Votes
Strongly agree and will be contacting the better business bureau! False advertising and Fraud. I have it documented in a chat session. They should be shut down!
 15th of Jan, 2009 by   Jeff 0 Votes
magic jack support can't tell me why no one can call my magic jack number from a land line or a cell phone and get through.

Magic Jack live support can't make a phone call to test your phone either.

"we don't have test calls at this time" was their reply.

sigh... offshore support, Costa Rica I think...

I hope someone discovers the switching problem soon and gets it fixed. Xander and Michaela were

pretty confused tonight. They thought they could fix this with firmware upgrades to my device etc.

I asked them to just report the problem to IT or hardware but no reply after that.

Oh well, $40 doesn't buy you much support I guess.
 2nd of Feb, 2009 by   smallboss +1 Votes
all lies so far ... no tracking on order ... paid extra for 3 day delivery ... now 5 days no MJ terible support ... no answers ... 2 bit company IMO
 10th of Feb, 2009 by   Snookeredby MJ +1 Votes
This company should be put out of business. I agree 100% with all the above negative comments re: MajicJack. The company has a poor product, the worst customer service I have ever experienced and apparently no conscience. They do not stand behind their product; they have no qualified technical support. I regret ever having been sucked in by their bogus ads. The worst part - once you install their jack, it is almost impossible to uninstall. Also, DO NOT GIVE THEM YOUR DEBIT CARD INFORMATION. It was my experience that they made bogus charges against my card for merchandise I did not receive. STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY AT ALL COSTS! Hihdsight is always 20/20 . . . . .
 18th of Feb, 2009 by   JPGforBBB +1 Votes
We ordered 2 units 6 weeks ago. This company has taken funds from our checking account 3 times without sending the units. Each time I contact their off-shore, illiterate online assistants. Each time we tell them we have not received the units. Instead of sending the units, as requested, they credit our account. There is no such thing as being able to speak with someone who really knows what they're doing, so they keep you on hold while they fetch "a higher level of support." That person makes you re-state the problems all over again and asks you to contact them another day! They will not give you an address or phone number to speak with someone who can truly help, or even cares about the problem. The whole thing is a sham or they would have sent us the units. I believe the owner of this company is making loans to himself by debiting accounts, then paying the loans back (sometimes) by crediting accounts after people complain. Class action is the only thing which will help us. The State Attorney General is who we should contact.
 2nd of Mar, 2009 by   joboggi 0 Votes
I bought the Magic Jack a year ago. Initially, the USB port would not support the MJ. Moving the magic jack to the top USB port fixed things quite well. Over the last year, I have had the intermittent reset issues, and occasional dropouts that have not bothered me. These things have happened rarely, although more often then with a legacy phone company. Just reset and there you go.

HOWEVER, I had to call my house from down the street the other day on a pay phone. My cell went out. It cost me $.65 to do that. I got on the magicjack cue this morning and found out that even though I was told that my exchange was local when signing up, IT IS NOT LOCAL. Folks who call me from the local area, on a land line get charged for a long distance call.

Now, I live THREE blocks from the headquarters of the Discovery Channel, in DOWNTOWN SILVER SPRING, 8 miles from ground zero and the White House.

PC Magazine should most DEFINITELY qualify it's endorsement of Magic Jack. I read about these exchange issues others noted with interest, because I had been assured that folks who called me were not getting those charges. THAT IS NOT THE CASE.

NOW, I am very dissatisfied. I would tell ALL of you to go down the street, and call your house from a pay phone, and see what happens. I was SHOCKED. Magic Jack promised to email me the minute that I was able to get a local phone number. Oh really, I have had the service for a year already. Interesting company. I would be interested to know if ANY metropolitan area is covered by magic jack. I would bet that they are criss crossing things so that they can get a share of those long distance charges on each call.
 2nd of Mar, 2009 by   doris hawkins 0 Votes
magic jack is a rip off i receaved 2 jacks that i did not order i went though chat they informed me to send them back and i did .and it was also off my drbit carg all i get is they didnt receave it and its been 3 weeks now and they say they havent receaved it pleasr dont let anyone around your card they are dishonest.
 6th of Apr, 2009 by   Gary 0 Votes
The Magic Jack is not what is advertised...I've spent numerous hours with there "techs" trying to get their product work properly, to no avail. I've asked to talk to someone via telephone, but they will not provide a number.
When I ordered the 30 day free trial...they charged my debit account imediately and now refuse to give a refund because I've gone beyond the 30 days.
It appears to be a stall tactic, with a series of "fixes " to get beyond the 30 days to avoid a refund.
Therefore, I would like the names of dissatified customers, as I intend to file a class action law suit, with the Attorney General's Office, in hopes of getting every customers money back.
If you would like to pursue this...please contact me at www.gary61448@yahoo.com.
 11th of Apr, 2009 by   cokedriver 0 Votes
My Magic Jack is awesome, I bought it at Radio Shack instead of online why? because there was a few people complaining about it and I didn’t want to wait for it or have the problems people were complaining about slow refunds also I know Radio Shack would refund my money the same day if I took it back if I didn‘t like it, and as the old saying goes if it is to good to be true then generally it is but not this time, Magic Jack works great! I had no problems installing it on my laptop which is on my wireless network, I have a Pentium 4 and DLS, the voice quality is outstanding just like my landline, I read people were complaining the can’t use their computer because it slowed them down and uses all their system resources when using the phone not true they must have an old 486 or a Pentium 133 from back in 1995, or that they use too much power leaving the computer on all the time just to use the phone well a CPU doesn’t use that much power, just turn off the monitor when not using computer that is what uses a lot of power like a TV set, the only thing that might not be so good is no phone number. to customer support but everything or possible problems is covered in help which very easy to use, seriously even a 8 year old could set this up. You get caller ID, call forward, call waiting, conference calling more than 3 people !, free information 411, voice mail, etc and it is all free!!! I personally would keep your landline incase of power outage Magic Jack has 911 service but it wont work if computer is off for any reason. all long distance is free in the U.S. and Canada even over seas if your calling someone in the U.S or Canada !

$19.99 per year If you look at it this way it is only $1.66 a month or $59.99 for 5 years service that is .99 per month for an extra phone line and phone number give one to your teens for there room or even laptop and buy them a small phone to pack with them so you can call them, save money traveling most motels and hotels provide free internet save on long distance calls and per call local charges to your room, use it at Libraries, parks, coffee shops, airports etc that have WiFi connections, it can be used in any computer so if you don’t have a laptop and visiting family that does just take your phone and Magic Jack with ya use the computer, give it to family as a gift or kids in college or moved out of state,

I know I am sounding like a salesman for Magic Jack but I am not, it is a good product that s saving me money and added convenience. Like I said buy it at Radio Shack you’ll get a 30 day free trial, if you don’t like it just take it back to them for a full refund, what do you have to lose other than your time driving back to the store.

Also if your to big of a wiener to get it working yourself have one of your children do it for you or get a neighbor’s grade school child to help you and give them 5 bucks for it.

P.S. also for the people complaining about no phone support when they have chat support, how do you think they keep cost down if they had to hire hundreds of people to train and take those calls or outsource it to a call center the product would cost hellofa lot more than $19.99 a year but in the future it could happen.
 18th of Apr, 2009 by   feliberto flores 0 Votes
por favor yo feliberto flores compre un magic jack en febrero 2009 y lo devolby por que resulto muy alto el precio por que anterior avia comprado uno de lo mismo por 5 anos igual los dos y el primero me costo 59.95. y el segundo me cobraron 106.95 y por ese caso lo devolby y todaviano me an acreditado esa cantidad a mi cuenta por favor si pueden depositarme eso cantidad a mi cuenta gracias . imail floresfeliberto@hotmail.com me telefono es 860.543.5526.
 18th of Apr, 2009 by   feliberto flores 0 Votes
yo feliberto flores compre un magic jack por 5 anos y lo devolby en febrero y todavia no me an dado credito de 106.95 la rason por que la devolby fue porque anteriormente compre uno por 5 anos y solo me cobraron 59.95 por 5 anos . por favor si me pueden acreditar esa suma a mi cuenta gracias se lo agradesco imail floresfeliberto@hotmail.com tel.860 543 5526.
 18th of Apr, 2009 by   ryan 0 Votes
Jason Tillo - Get a life! :)
 16th of Jun, 2009 by   nld09 0 Votes
I bought it at a local RadioShack and have been using it for 6 months and still using it. It didn't work well in the first month because I didn't really know about the tricks and maybe MJ didn't have adequate equipments. I must admitted that MJ's customer service is horrible and you can only get help through the Internet Chat. I recommended you go to the unofficial support site http://www.magicjacksupport.com/ and there are lots of MJ users who can really help. Also, if you're not that tech savvy then MJ is not for you because you need to know how to fix it when it doesn't work right. Some areas (like cities) might work better than other.

Oh yeah, I cut my local land line 3 months ago so now I am saving $25 each month with free long distance. I recommended that you give it a try.

NLD09
 27th of Jun, 2009 by   eu4ia 0 Votes
magicJack is Misleading, Does NOT provide the quality of service that it advertises and the customer support is far below the poor perfomance of the device itself!!!

I purchased the *magicJack on the go from a Walmart store and was on my way to majicJack bliss so I thought, What a deal, $39.99 for the hardware and a full years service of unlimited calls in the United States with quality audio and 24/7 Technical support, Now we're talking what people really want, A bargain price for a quality service, How could you pass up a "DEAL" like this?

Well let me tell you WHY you should pass, Firstly the magicJack installs itself and is extremely hard to uninstall for the average user, In fact the magicJack company even wishes you "Good Luck" uninstalling on the bottom of the official uninstal page-http://uninstallmagicjack.com/, Isn't that polite of them...

Secondly once you have installed the software and plugged in the jack look out...Here comes the advertisements, Wow I didn't see this in the fine print, It won't stop, Constantly telling you how much you can purchase a *majicJack for...Uhmm Hello...I allready did that, You're paid in full Dan Borislow, Can I have my service without all the hype?...NOPE notta chance of that happening, But wait there's More...it refuses to co-operate when you want it off your monitor, POP UP's bother you? Well this is the most annoying POP UP I've ever endured, But hey I want the great calling service that Mr.Borislow promises so maybe I can tollerate the pop ups...OOPs what was I thinking? I wasn't!!! I was tricked like thousands of others right out of my money, Conned, Misled, Scammed, RIPPED OFF!!!

Thirdly, It just isn't going to happen!!!, I just gotta call everyone and let them know that I just made the purchase of a lifetime! I bought a majicJack and it's great, Sorry what ya say? Hello? Can you hear me? Hello?, Hello0o0o0o...Yeah just what I wanted, this thing might not be such a deal after all, but let me try the customers technical support team, surely they can rectify this problem, After all this is the *majicJack, Just let me find that toll free number to contact them...Uhmm What? are you kidding me? THERE IS NO NUMBER!!!However they have this excellent team that I can instantly chat with who will make the magic happen, Fix my broken promises, guide me through the stepes that will make my *majicJack experience a good one, Provide the service that was advertised...I'm just a click away from phone euphoria...Yes Sir Mr. Dan Borislow, You won't let me down, I trust anyone who has his daughter endorse his product...YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELF!!! Right...as you're watching that bank account get fat and the complaints roll in, still where's the fix? when are you going to make this thing right?...

So after a unproductive drawn out affair with the technical support team giving me the run around... The slap in the face of reallity hits me, The *majicJack is poorly supported, Over praised, Misleading, Not the Quality I was gauranteed, It's annoying, Drops calls or won't even make them, I quit, ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!!...I'll just ask for my money back, I've only had it 10 days, let me get that support team on here 1 last time... AND HERE"S WHAT I GOT...

Gerald: Hello, how may I help you?

jesse: Hey Gerald I would like to get refunded and send this magic jack back

Gerald: Let me help you with that

Gerald: May i have your email address ?

jesse: great

jesse: eu4ia4u@yahoo.com

Gerald: Thank you.

Gerald: Please wait while I check that for you

8 minutes pass and I finally ask;

jesse: you here?

Gerald: Yes.

Gerald: I am still checking it.

Gerald: May i ask, where did you placed your order ?

jesse: I bought it from walmart, brought it home and hooked it up

jesse: bought it on June 17th

Gerald: Oh okay. Now here is the thing Jesse. Just return it in Walmart and ask for refund. They have their terms and agreement. Rest assured that there are no extra and hidden charges here at our end. :)

Gerald: Is there anything else I may help you with today?

jesse: ok terms and agreement doesn't sound as if I'll get my entire amount returned, how bout' I send it to your company with a copy of my reciept and you send me a check????

Gerald: Sorry. But since you have purchased it there. They are responsible for any return and replacement. Just visit them Jesse.

jesse: O.K. I'm gonna copy and print this conversation on a blog and make a copy to show walmart and I would like a number to call to talk with a supervisor please

Gerald: We do chat support Jesse.

Gerald: I will now transfer you to a supervisor.

Gerald: Thank you for your patience. I will transfer you to a higher level of support. Please hold while I transfer you.

Please wait while I transfer the chat to the best suited site operator.

You are now chatting with 'Ezekiel'

Ezekiel: Hello Jesse.

Ezekiel: Allow me to read your previous chats here in our end.

jesse: hello, It seems I'm getting a run around on getting a refund for the magic Jack, uhmmm why is it that your company will not honor the reurn policy, and I'm being told to take it to the place I purchased it? I am no longer in that area

Ezekiel: Okay, I understand that.

jesse: so it's impossible for me to take it back to that store

Ezekiel: I am sorry to hear that.

Ezekiel: Do you mean that you want to return your magicJack device here in our end?

jesse: yes

Ezekiel: Okay.

Ezekiel: Since you purchased your magicJack in Wallmart, you need to return it there since they have a different terms of service than us even if they are one of our resellers and we do have our terms of service as well.

Ezekiel: http://www.magicjack.com/tos

Ezekiel: Please click on the link above for our Terms of Service.

jesse: O.K. so you will not refund me my money then, Is that corect?

Ezekiel: You can find it on the last 2 sentences of Number 2.

Ezekiel: I apologize to say but yes since you did not purchased it online nor throug phone.

jesse: O.K. Thank you for taking my money, giving me a poor product and I will be posting this entire conversation on every blog I can find to deter any future customers from making the same mistake!!! Have a good day sir

So if you're considering purchasing this product, DON'T!!!
Save your money, purchase a YAHOO voice account or buy yourself a decent meal, You could even give the $39.99 to some vagrant for a alcaholic wine binge...BUT DON"T GIVE Mr. Dan Borislow your money, He's allready taken MINE!!!
 8th of Jul, 2009 by   happywithmj 0 Votes
I bought my magicjack in June of 2008 with a 5 year service. I have not had one bit of trouble, when I have a question I am able to text my question rightaway. It maybe that there are dishonest people working within the company.

5 Tips for Tech Savings