Bad service

Magic Chef
I have purchased four (4) magic chef refrigerators since December 2007 from Home Depot. I have had problems with all 4 of them. This is a high rate of failure for any appliance and I think this model is a lemon.

1) One was broken as soon as I bought it and returned to Home Depot and I got it replaced in October 2007.

2) A second one broke which I received a refund for in October of 2008 because it kept on breaking down despite numerous repairs.

3) I just had two more refrigerators fail this February 2009 and they do not get cold resulting in hundreds of dollars in wasted spoiled food. Given that they are lemons, I want them repaired or refunded to me. Instead they are telling me tough luck since the warranty just expired. They are willing to give me the part but I have to pay for the repair. This is not right since they are selling an inferior product. I think they should be responsible and fix it or refund it.
- MCBR1010W – purchased 12/13/07 - serial #090785214
- MCBR1010GS – purchased 1/15/08 - serial #100795922
Complaint comments Comments (2) Complaint country United States Complaint category Products & Services

10th of May, 2007 by    0 Votes

Magic Chef Refrigerator - Refrigerator cracked in the back

Home depot-my refrigerator cracked in the back, warranty is out but it has not been hit or anything and it has not been used any time. It is cracked inside, I have never seen a refrigerator do this. Have you?
 17th of Jun, 2016 by    0 Votes

Magic Chef - Wine Frig not working
New Jersey

I too bought the dual zone Magic Chef cooler... it was the last one at the Depot...go figure. However MC was willing to refund me my money completely. Got the refund now I have this gapping hole in my kitchen where I built the cabinets around the frig. The cats and Kids hide in there when we play hide and seek. I am thinking about making it laundry shoot to the basement- maybe a dumbwaiter. Not sure.

Anyway- if anyone could recommend wat I could do to fix it, i did replace the PTC item that one of the gentlemen recommended but still no good. I would appreciate it. Thanks

Nappy nappin in Jersey.