logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
3zoom.com
Yup they are a scam company
2. (0 mins ago)
Bankers Life and Casualty
It’s true they are crooks
3. (4 mins ago)
saleholy.com
Scam
4. (14 mins ago)
Nowlucky.com
Cannot cancel trial subscription - can't log on to their web site to do that
5. (17 mins ago)

Magazine Warehouse
po box 11180
Pompano Beach, Florida
Phone: 954-530-8643
Got i call saying I have been selected to win a diamond watch from publisher's clearing house.
All i had to do was provide them some info- my name, address, phone
once they got you interested they told me all i had to do was pay a small fee for 4 magazine.
for $3/day. I was reluctant to give out my credit card number but they assured me they were a real company and they would not bill my credit card for anything other than the magazine. They they switched to a man that kept pressing for me to give out my credit card he kept on saying its a small fee for 3 yrs of magazine. Thinking that it was a small fee and i was selected to win a free watch i gave them my credit card number. then they switched me to a voice recording telling me to repeat everything they said regarding my order. repeating my name address credit card info and that i was being billed $32 per month for 16 month. At that time i did not pick up what a huge amount i was paying for. only when the bills came telling me to pay $32 per month for 16 month did i realize i have been scammed. After doing the calculations did i realize I would have paid $512 to get 4 magazines.
After i realize what a mess i got in i called their number and asked them to cancel that magazine. They told me they had a recording that i had agreed to pay the amount and that they had prepaid the magazines so i do need to pay them. & that i could not cancel it. If i do not pay them they would contact a third party to get that money and that there would be a late fee that accumulate which i would need to pay.
After when the bills from magazine warehouse came i didn't get my diamond watch and that i needed to fill out a form with my subscription number and my SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER in order for them to send out my watch.
its been 2 months now since i've been paying for the magazine & only 2 magazines have come & they tell me that it take 6-8 wks for magazine shipment to arrive.
Do not get scammed like i did. There is no such thing as free lunch
the number on my caller id was 954-530-8643
and in the bills they sent me it the address was po box11180 pompano beach Fl 33061
and their customer service #-800-608-1108

also i had tried to contact the individual magazine suppliers myself to cancel that magazine but the magazine pple told me a third party told them to dispatch the magazine. and that i wasn't allowed to cancel i need to contact the third party. the number they gave me to contact them was invalid
Comments United States Magazines & Newspapers
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

28th of Aug, 2012 by   C.House 0 Votes
I, too, fell for the scam, I do receive the magazines but my bill is $59 a month, there are no loop holes to get out I have also tried...Please if they call, JUST SAY NO! They also said I could change magazines, yet have no way of selecting them, I receive random ones different all the time!
 4th of Oct, 2012 by   Una EngaƱada 0 Votes
Received a call from this company saying that I had win a diamond watch. The only thing I needed to do was to get 4 magazines. I felt for it. Upon receiving the letter from the company, I realized that I had been scammed because they requested my Social Security number. Not only they wanted my SS#, the letter said that it is not cancelable but it is changeable for the price of $59.80 for 15 months.
 19th of Oct, 2012 by   Bubsy 0 Votes
I worked for them and they scam their own employees!!! I a sorry I ever tried to work for them!!!
 8th of Feb, 2013 by   ljsladmld 0 Votes
I had the same thing done to me..now they are saying they are turning it over to collections... i can't get out of it either.. NEVER recieved the watch... Should be a way to get out of this! Tried to call the number back and all it does is ring and ring.. no one ever picks up!
 18th of Jul, 2013 by   TTYS 0 Votes
My son-in-law is getting letters and phone calls from these people saying he ordered but never paid for magazines, from the same people. He did not give them a card number, but declined at that point in the transaction; yet they still say he contracted with them and say it can't be cancelled. He is shown as "seriously delinquent, " and the bill says he has to pay within 5 days or they will send him to collections. They want over $600 as a "payoff amount, " but he's only "delinquent" by $205 or so. He has no magazines and they do not have his credit card number. I assured him they cannot sue him for it since they have neither a recording of him agreeing nor a signed contract. He should still check his credit report and see if they put it on there, so he can dispute it. They will then have to "prove" it to the credit agency, which they cannot do, so it will be off his report. These guys are AGGRESSIVE.
 9th of Aug, 2013 by   Concerned Citizen3 0 Votes
SCAM...All I got a call like this recently. At the end they wanted my credit card info and I refused. The guy John Williams was very persistent then became rude when I would not give out my credit card number. I ended up telling him I don't give out financial info over the phone and if that's what it took to enter me in their drawing for PCH then I wasn't interested and I hung up on him. Folks this is an old scam that has resurfaced. DON'T FALL FOR THIS!!!
 9th of Aug, 2013 by   Concerned Citizen3 0 Votes
 11th of Dec, 2013 by   strat271 0 Votes
This is the address of magazine warehouse:
5101 nw 21st ave
ft. Lauderdale, fl 33309
954-765-6200

I was about to work for them until I found these posts. Report them to the fl state attorney or business regulations office

here is their ad on craigslist:

ORDER DESK (FORT LAUDERDALE)
Small Office Needs Happy Voices - No Experience Necessary - We Will Train You!
$10.00 - $15.00 Per Hour
Day Shift - Monday through Friday 10 am to 3 pm
2nd Shift - Monday from 3 pm to 7 pm; Tuesday through Thursday from 7 pm to 11 pm and Friday from 10 am to 3 pm
Call 954-765-6200 To Schedule An Interview - Ask For Curt

good luck!
 20th of Feb, 2014 by   M. Haggins 0 Votes
Same happened to me. Totally a scam. I stopped payment due to double billings to my account in a single month. I received a call from Jennifer 800-608-1108 about payment and threatening about additional fees. I never received the magazines promised. Customer service is 8:30-4pm EST M-TH when most people are working. Totally scandalous!!
 27th of May, 2014 by   SteveinOH 0 Votes
My mother just received a call from these guys. The caller ID showed up as Select Direct I (Inc)? #954-530-8956. They identified themselves as "publishers sweepstakes" and that she had won to be a finalist in there next sweepstakes drawing in October. After several minutes of her answering yes or no questions they requested her credit card info and she refused to give it out and said no thanks and hung up. I asked my Mom what the story was and she said it was "PCH" (she believed) wanting her credit card info. I did not believe that so I told her to call them back and she put them on speaker and Rose the lady she had talked to before answered the phone without identifying the company. My Mom then hung up. Immediately there was a call back from John Williams as the supervisor wanting to know if we had just called and got disconnected. My Mom put it back on speaker phone and he was trying to convince her that it was a legit company that has been in business for 50 years. He claimed they are the original "PCH" but again identified their company as 'publishers sweepstakes'. He said he was not an individual requesting her credit card info but a corporation which he then identified the name of the company as "Magazine Warehouse". As my mom was speaking I did a search for "publishers sweepstakes" which produced nothing significant besides wanting to redirect me to "PCH" websites. The "magazine warehouse" search popped up several scam/fraud sites with reports on it and here I am now typing out a comment. Once asked about any of these websites John claimed it was an old employee making false accusations. My mom tried to ask John to take her name/number off the call list but John kept interrupting her and stating that their company has been around for 50 years. He then started trying to convince my mom for her credit info again...she hung up on him. It all seems to be BS. After reading some of the other comments I felt compelled to feed in this info for future reference to all phone owners out there. I hope it helps.

Corporate Tax Scams