logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (3 mins ago)
MMOGA
Fifa coins - Payment check?
2. (28 mins ago)
American Laser Center
Fraud, possible class action lawsuit
3. (28 mins ago)
Reimbursment

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Magazine Special Today, Wilmington, Delaware Complaints & Reviews - Unauthorized deductions from my Checking Account

Magazine Special Today Contacts & Informations

Magazine Special Today

Posted:    Paulette J. Stokes

Unauthorized deductions from my Checking Account

Magazine Special Today - The Premier Magazine Svc.
1521 Concord Pike, Suite 301
Wilmington, Delaware
Phone: (866) 924-4501
I had received a phone during the week of 10/13/08 from (866) 426-8364 that introduced themselves as part of my Wells Fargo Rewards Points and that I would receive a $50.00 free Gas card for being a part of the service and an opportunity to receive some magazines at NO Charge for the 1st 30 days and if I didn't want them that I could call them back and cancel.

At no time did I give them my Checking Account Number at Wells Fargo but on Sunday, 10/20/08, I checked my account and I had been charged $3.95 twice and today, $2.95 twice without my approval. This is not doable since I have recently lost my job and I must watch my money expenditures.

Today, 10/20/08, I notified Wells Fargo to make a "Fraud Charge, " but I told them that I would contact this company on Tuesday, 10/21/08 to cancel their account that was indicated in a letter that they sent to me on 10/16/08 before I had them to make any type of investigation and cancel my "Debit Card".

Note this is the statement in their letter to me:"Service will continue with regular monthly payments of $14.95 billed on the 16 of each month beginning on 11/16/08.

THIS COMPANY MUST BE STOPPED - PLEASE ADVISE WITH ANY FURTHER ADVICE ABOUT THEIR ILEGAL ACTIONS! PEOPLE LIKE ME WHO ARE UNEMPLOYED THESE DAYS CANNOT AFFORD TO LOSE (1) DIME. Note I usually ignore these phone calls but they had been constantly calling for several weeks...I was fooled by them making an association with my Wells Fargo Bank.
Comments United States Magazines & Newspapers
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

7th of Jan, 2009 by   angryatfraud 0 Votes
I received a Delinquent Account Notice from Magazine Special Today. I had never ordered any magazines from them nor had I ever received any.
I called the customer service line and was told that my account had been closed on Dec 14th. I couldn't get an answer to how an accout was closed when it had never been opened. Nor could I get an answer as to why I received a notice showing that I owed money when no magazines had ever been ordered. The customer service rep told me to disregard the notice and not to worry about paying the amount. I asked to speak to her manager, because while I appreciated her saying I didn't owe anything, I would have liked to hear it and have explained by a higher source. But, that never happened. This is definitely a shady "company."
 12th of Jan, 2010 by   K Serahh 0 Votes
Magazine Special Today forwarded my info. to a bunch of other magazines that have in turn filled my mailbox month in and month out with unwanted magazines. I have called the magazines to ask them to stop, but the magazines just keep coming in. I have asked this company to stop this action, but they assure me there is no charge for the additional magazines and that the magazines are hoping I will enjoy them so I will order a subscription. I still don't want a bunch of unwanted magazines filling my mailbox or trash can.

How to Hire a Real Estate Agent