Macys

macys department store
rouge vally mall
Phone: 541
macys.com
I was fired because of my clothing all i was told was to wear black and I did the girl that I was working with wore jeans and a ratty t-shirt, which is not required dress code but I was fired with no warning it is unfair and injust i dont recommend them for an employer or otherwise.
Complaint comments Comments Complaint country United States Complaint category Clothing, Shoes & Acc
Was the above complaint useful?

Comments

28th of Dec, 2012 by    0 Votes
Is there any hope for a class action law suit against Macy's? Will a move on. org petition help to get this started?
 31st of Jan, 2013 by    -1 Votes
Guys please be aware of eric marlin, this jerk works for macys in SF. HE CONSTANTLY abuses his position and employees, also, he is well know for having sex with MINORS! yes ~ this piece of shit is a child molester, and macys hasn't done anything about it. Lastly, he lives in Oakland ca.
 20th of Apr, 2013 by    0 Votes
I have worked for macys in california, for 3 years i got suspended for manuel discounts, because the coupon didn't work, macys acted like i was giving discounts to my friends not true, or trying to raise my sells again not true, loss prevention is very rude and act as if they are the judge and jury in a real court room, not even close loss prevention have to target an employee any employee and get them fired because they have quota and if they don't fire an employee in a given time they will lose their job.I have been suspended for 2 weeks enough is enough.
 22nd of May, 2013 by    0 Votes
I have worked for Macy's for 2 years. Yes there are incidents of outrageous bullying by some associates, but there are also some terrific and caring associates who work there. In truth, it is all about the associate's "Scorecard", and that comes from corporate. Yes, you need to get your credits. My job is in sales, and one thing that I am supposed to sell is the Macy's credit card. I've had weeks where I only got 1 credit, but I've also had weeks where I got 10 credits, so it all balances out. Sometimes I come in at 50% of my goal on a slow day, and sometimes I come in at 232% on a busy day, so that balances out, too. You just want to keep your scorecard above 60 points for the year and you will be OK. Also, pay attention when you open and close your registers. Just count the money correctly. When I open and close a register and I am the only person who rang on that register for the day, I usually always balance to the penny. During Christmas some registers would close short, over $100. Many associates were ringing on these registers. All transactions are recorded, and any register short over $20 is audited. It was not unusual (unfortunantly), for associates to be pulled from the floor by LP and then taken away in handcuffs by the police. Macy's shows you a video in training stating that they do not play around with theft. If you steal from them, they press charges. LP has never harassed me. I don't give them a reason to harass me. We have permission to manually override when a coupon does not work. My store is very strict about associates not ringing up their family or friends. When people have done that, yes, they are terminated. My 401K has made over a 10% return so far this year. You can choose from different mutual funds. You just have to do your research online at the Macy's 401K site and invest in the funds that are producing a good return. I make a couple of dollars per hour more than minimum wage. I am not on commission. In other words, I really do not have a lot of complaints about working for Macy's. Goodness knows, I've worked for companies a lot worse than Macy's. Maybe I'm just fortunate to be working for a good store that doesn't have the problems other stores have.
 26th of Jun, 2013 by    0 Votes
This guy is the manager at the Montgomery Mall Macy's Home Store in Maryland. http://host-47.242.54.159.gannett.com/news/article/185984/373/More-Than-100000-Missing-From-Regional-Emmys and meanwhile hardworking and honest employees heads are rolling under his "leadership" due to his lies and dishonesty. Really Macy's? Seriously? Is this a way to run a business?
 1st of Oct, 2013 by    0 Votes
I purchased some items from the Macy's store in the Eastland town center location on Hamilton Rd near Canal Winchester Oh 43110 (where I live). While there they offered me a Macy's card and I applied and received acceptance. I proceeded to purchase some additional items on the card. I then waited as instructed to receive my card by mail and my bill/statement and account information. It never came. I attempted to call their customer service but the number I found was not working. I went online but could not set up account to pay bill because they required the account number I never received. About a month after I got the card, even before the bill was actually due, I received a call from their collections department. I was running late to class and was unable to talk at the time. I did briefly explain that I did not have account info to pay bill online but if he would set up a phone appointment with me I would talk to him later and pay over the phone. He never called. I attempted to call back the number he called me from but that number did not all for incoming calls where I could pay my bill. I then started receiving calls from that number at all types of hours, always when I was either in class or at work (times when my phone was either off or I was not allowed to answer it). However, when I did find a number online that allowed me to speak to a customer service agent. They said that they were sending me mail and none was being returned to them so I was hard out of luck. I could call in and pay my bill and they would send me another card by mail/bill by mail but they could not provide me my account information any other way even though we already established that them sending me mail was not working and that with my school and work schedule I was unable to call in to pay my bill because they were closed when ever I was available. The only other option I open to me to keep up with my payments would be online but I couldn't do that without my account number which they refused to provide me with. So my complaint is three fold: 1. Continual harassing phone calls at inappropriate times of the day and night. 2. Not providing an itemized bill/any bill/account information required to be able to pay my bill on time or to verify charges. 3. Unhelpful/inflexible and outright rude behavior not only from the customer service agents but from the supervisor/manager in charge. Even after I was finally able to pay my bill over the phone the agents/supervisor was unwilling to accommodate me or help me in any way. In fact they were so rude and outrageous in their disrespect that I am logging this complaint against them when in the 35 years of my life I have NEVER attempted or even contemplated making such a complaint despite the general rudeness one naturally encounters from various customer service agents over the years.
 1st of Mar, 2014 by    0 Votes
Managers mistreat employees by abusing them, not paying them, termination even though you submit two weeks notice, paying low hourly wage, constantly criticizing you, harassing you in private, and telling you that if you don't open Macy accounts they will fire and terminate you, lousy treatment and stupid management who are rude and show favoritism.
 5th of Jan, 2015 by    0 Votes
I worked for Macy's Macon (Georgia) and was terminated for attendance points. Haven't been late since September and hardly ever called out. My mother became sick, surviving a stroke early December, leaving her hospitalized still today. Because of my situation, I was forced to call out of work considering, I had to do some important things for with her paperwork and all. It was on the 20th of December. I also had points deducted on the 24th and 29th. I was terminated by AST and my department manger only TWO days later, when the policy is you have 14 days to adjust your attendance points. The previous week, AST spread rumors around the store to associates that she "couldn't wait to fire me" and DID SO THE FOLLOWING WEEK..Not following company's procedures, and the Store manager was aware and DID ABSOLUTELY NOTHING ABOUT IT...I don't recommend anyone to work for this company. They'll throw you under the bus and never look back...And I'm not the only associate, AST has wrongfully terminated. I will honestly convince all my clients and customers to no longer support this company.
 23rd of Apr, 2015 by    0 Votes

gift - not delievery
Indian post
New Delhi
India
canadapost.ca

Worst service have not receive my parcel sent from Canada 3 months ago I do not have any tracking no but that was gift send by my husband waiting for the parcel till
 9th of Jul, 2015 by    0 Votes
I work loss prevention at Macy's currently and have been with the company for around a year now so I speak from personal experience when it comes to this subject. Macy's at no point in time in the duration of the time I've been employed by them has made false accusations in order to terminate a specific employee. We are trained to determine what employees get specific dedication based on behavior. At no point in time and I repeat NO point in time has any employee been suspended and or terminated based on a false accusation. Employees are terminated based on investigation as well as hours and hours of surveillance and yet still not even then without a signed admission of guilt. If you have been interviewed by Macy's Asset Protection and terminated based on the results of the interview you have caused a significant loss intentionally to the company PERIOD and therefore have no right to question the decision that was made by the company.

Macys Logo Macys