logo

Posted: 2011-01-05 by    cindy ferlisi

unauthorized subscription

m2 mags
California
Didn't authorize this cmpany for a subscription for Jet magazine. Called number and was advised to enter cancellation on their website. Where is their website???
Comments United States Magazines & Newspapers
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

9th of Feb, 2011 by   steph64j 0 Votes
Like several complaints on this site, in Nov 2010 I began receiving a magazine I had not subscribed to. I began my research by using the mailing label to create a login for the online version of the magazine. Once there, I looked up "payment" or "billing" under which I found:
This subscription was purchased through M2 MEDIA GROUP who can be reached at (866)441-1281. Please call M2 MEDIA GROUP for all payment-related inquiries.
Googling M2MEDIA GROUP I got to this website http://www.m2mediagroup.com and email address service@m2mags.com and sent an inquiry on Dec 7.
Since then, I was placing a new order on Vistaprint, which bombards you with "special offers" during the checkout process, and noticed the free subscriptions page and realized I must have blown past it the last time I ordered.
Anyway, I finally rec'd the following response on Feb 4 2011:
*In response to your note below, you are receiving Xyz magazine as a result of making an online purchase with VistaPrint.com. The magazine was included as a bonus offer with your purchase, and can be found in the checkout process under the ‘Magazine’ tab. By default, the subscription was sent to the billing address used during your purchase.
There are no hidden costs, further obligations, or automatic renewals associated with your subscription. Your credit card information was not passed to us.
Your cancellation request will be forwarded to the publisher for processing. Please note that based on the timing of your cancellation you could still receive another issue.
I apologize for the delay and any inconvenience.*
SO, this situation is not as devious as some seem to believe. It is a lesson in reading carefully every page you click, even if you are on a familiar site. I hope my experience has been helpful to others.

Congratulations Youve Been Scammed