logo

CVS
Manager Mistreating a kid
3. (27 mins ago)
Dermajuv.com
I ended up returning the products as I didn't see any difference in my skin texture
4. (28 mins ago)

M2 Media Group, Maryland Complaints & Reviews - M2 Media Group

M2 Media Group Contacts & Informations

Posted:    Maryland Mom

Maryland
Like others have already written, we received random subscriptions to magazines we neither ordered nor wanted, and when I called the magazines to find out how this happened, was referred to M2 Media Group in order to cancel. Prior to this I have never heard of M2 Media group, nor have I done business with any of the partner sites they list. The subscriptions seem completely random -- Brides magazine was sent to my 14 year old daughter, and Sports Illustrated for Kids was sent to my college-age son. I have emailed the company asking that they cancel the subscriptions, but I am disturbed that there doesn't seem a way to interact with a live human being, nor did we request these magazines in any way, shape or form.
Comments United States Magazines & Newspapers
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

18th of Feb, 2010 by   Carrie in MD +1 Votes
The same thing happened to me. I started receiving Forbes magazine even though I've never subscribed for it. When I contacted them on their website, they informed me that my subscription had been made through M2 Media group, which like you, I've never heard of prior to this incident. Forbes was kind enough to cancel the subscription for me, and even relayed my complaint to M2.
 9th of Apr, 2010 by   kel kel 0 Votes
I was not treated as kindly as you were... I can home one day to find a Women's Health Magazine in my name. When I called their customer service department, they told me that I needed to call M2 Media to cancel it. When I did, same as you guys, there was no way to talk to a person. So I called Women's Health back and was told that there was NO way to cancel my unwanted, unauthorized subscription. I was on the phone for 25 minutes!!! And the most they could do was suspend the subscription!!! I did what they said to do and sent an e-mail to the M2Media company telling them I didn't order this, they sent back an auto-reply directing me to a website that wanted me to type in all of my information (address, phone number, and other things that I just don't want to give out over the internet) I don't like this at ALL!!!
 26th of Oct, 2010 by   deekay779 0 Votes
same here! started receiving Women's Health Magazine in my name so I contacted their customer service and they told me M2 Media set up the account under my name! Therefore, I wasn't able to cancel the account even though it is under MY NAME! and I was instructed to contact M2 Media in order to have them to cancel the account. However, when I made the call, it was just a recording and no way to speak to anybody...
 16th of Nov, 2010 by   SPSSS 0 Votes
I received a copy of "field & stream" magazine in August 2010 and added it to my list of unwanted catalogs at catalogchoice.org and received a reply from "field & stream" magazine that M2 Media group ordered it and I had to contact them. I also keep receiving renewal forms for the subscription to "field & stream", which I never subscribed to in the first place. They are signed with Connie Cotner. In case anybody is interested in her e-mail address: connie.cotner@bonniercorp.com. I replied back in catalogchoice.org and I e-mailed Mrs. Cotner. Apparently people also receive threatening letters stating that, if they don't pay the subscription fee, that it will mess up their credit or something like that. Check out the link for it: http://ask.metafilter.com/144918/Saveur-subscription-scam-savvy
 5th of Jan, 2011 by   rae607 +1 Votes
Same story here. I'm a white woman in the suburbs ... and now apparently also an Essence magazine subscriber.
 19th of Jan, 2011 by   Jonny D +2 Votes
Same story. I am a white guy now getting Essence. Can't seem to talk to a person at M2 and Essence won't cancel. So I went to Essence website and did an address change to M2's address. Let's see how they like their complementary subscription.

M2 MEDIA GROUP
1127 HIGH RIDGE ROAD
#335
STAMFORD State: CT
866-441-1281
EMAIL = SERVICE@M2MAGS.COM
 9th of Feb, 2011 by   steph64j +2 Votes
Like several complaints on this site, in Nov 2010 I began receiving a magazine I had not subscribed to. I began my research by using the mailing label to create a login for the online version of the magazine. Once there, I looked up "payment" or "billing" under which I found:
This subscription was purchased through M2 MEDIA GROUP who can be reached at (866)441-1281. Please call M2 MEDIA GROUP for all payment-related inquiries.
Googling M2MEDIA GROUP I got to this website http://www.m2mediagroup.com and email address service@m2mags.com and sent an inquiry on Dec 7.
Since then, I was placing a new order on Vistaprint, which bombards you with "special offers" during the checkout process, and noticed the free subscriptions page and realized I must have blown past it the last time I ordered.
Anyway, I finally rec'd the following response on Feb 4 2011:
*In response to your note below, you are receiving Xyz magazine as a result of making an online purchase with VistaPrint.com. The magazine was included as a bonus offer with your purchase, and can be found in the checkout process under the ‘Magazine’ tab. By default, the subscription was sent to the billing address used during your purchase.
There are no hidden costs, further obligations, or automatic renewals associated with your subscription. Your credit card information was not passed to us.
Your cancellation request will be forwarded to the publisher for processing. Please note that based on the timing of your cancellation you could still receive another issue.
I apologize for the delay and any inconvenience.*
SO, this situation is not as devious as some seem to believe. It is a lesson in reading carefully every page you click, even if you are on a familiar site. I hope my experience has been helpful to others.
 8th of Jul, 2011 by   yokota 0 Votes
I too received a business week magazine this week I did not order, I called business week to cancel the magazine and was emailed that the order was placed by M2 Media group. I also purchased something from vista print last month, but i un checked the box for any other items so be very careful when you buy something from vista print in the future or you too will get a magazine you did not order or want.
 21st of Jul, 2011 by   TheDgyrl 0 Votes
Ahhhhh... Now I order from visaprint all the time - but this last time(end of June) I must not have paid as much attention.. I just started getting newsweek and marth stewart living. So glad someone noted this - I would have been pulling my hair out trying to figure out how I knew M2 MEDIA GROUP.
 21st of Sep, 2011 by   Anne67060 0 Votes
Just reveived 3 copies of Martha Stewart Living today... same story, could not cancel. WHen I called M2, same story, I was told to go to a web site and give personal 411 to cancel the subscription. I will do as another poster did today, change my address to M2 media group!!! Is this een legal what they are doing?
 15th of Nov, 2011 by   laphotogirl 0 Votes
I've asked M2 Media to stop my Martha Stewart Living about 5 times now. I'm sure it happened from Vista Print. I get upset each time I get this magazine that is REALLY unwanted. I can't even get MSL to cancel the subscription. You'd think they would care at how annoyed I am at their magazine. I never had any opinion of them, and now it's all bad.
 12th of Dec, 2011 by   Badmoonrisen 0 Votes
Vistaprint ... Thats it ... I a 50 year old white guy living in Missouri, imagine my surprise when I started recieving ESSENCE magazine ... I did find a link to cancel my subscription but you end up only suspending it ...if it starts back up I'll change the address to M2 Media Group ( I LOVE THAT IDEA ) ... Now I'm off to Vistaprint to let them know of my displeasure and that they have lost my buisness :) ... I'm going LOCAL lets keep our monies in our own communities
 5th of Feb, 2012 by   MADinSD 0 Votes
Thanks for all the information. Started receiving Brides magazine about 6 months ago - thought it was just a fluke. Then came Real Simple, Dwell, and Smithsonian over the last couple of months. I did the research and tied most of them to M2 Media - but wasn't sure who their partner was. You helped by pointing to VistaPrint which we use occasionally. Thanks again for all the info!
 9th of Feb, 2012 by   mlkittycat 0 Votes
I just recently received Good Housekeeping (not a magazine I would choose) and called Good Housekeeping, only to be told to contact M2 Media Group. Of course, there was no person to speak to, so I wrote a strongly worded e-mail to them requesting the name of the partner who provided them with my address. I am looking into the legalities of this as it is being done without proper consent.
 15th of Feb, 2012 by   tunabutt 0 Votes
I too ordered from VistaPrint, and will also be contacting them. I wonder how these companies would feel if class action law suits were files against them??
 3rd of Mar, 2012 by   wshavalier 0 Votes
I had, to my surprise and disgust, started getting Martha Stewart who I HATE beyond belief and would never order anything she offers!!! So I've read all the complaints and decided to do a little of everything that you've done. I first called Martha Stewart Living 800.999.6518 and told them to change the address to M2 Media Group listed above (thanks for that:):) then I emailed M2, sent a letter to M2 and with the letter the first two copies of Martha Stewart Living and also called Vista Print and gave them a good chunk or two of my mind, followed by an email to this Blue Dolphin which apparently seems to be a part of this too! So thanks everyone for the sound advice. Can't even express how much I despise Martha "jailbird" Stewart arrogant bitch!
 18th of Mar, 2012 by   Tired of Phishing 0 Votes
I got the same number and same information when I called US Weekly about a suspicious call that I had recieved. They told me that it was probably M2M calling about getting me to renew, and gave me the 866 441 1281 number; where it is impossible to speak with a human. So I did a little digging, aided by the address posted by another complainant and was able to find an actual phone number. 203-658-0808. With this number it asks you to enter an extension or to use the dial by name directory. The best thing is to input the first few letters of a common name. That will get you to someone but they aren't open on weekends.
 18th of Apr, 2012 by   pecf 0 Votes
I googled this because I too found a free subscription in my work mailbox and was completely confused. The Vistaprint thing makes sense since I ordered like 304934 things from them recently. However, not quite sure why everyone on here is BUGGING out and going frantically around trying to cancel. It's a FREE subscription, how does this hurt you? I guess I got lucky with a subscription to InStyle so I'm not complaining.
 13th of May, 2012 by   Stop the paper! 0 Votes
I agree with the concerns expressed over this matter. In this age of identity theft & so forth, it is quite disturbing to receive ANY piece of unsolicited mail, especially magazines that will eventually ask for subscription information and other personal data which many of us wish to keep off the internet and out of databases. All the companies that have agreed to use M2 Media as an avenue to increase business really ought to rethink that strategy. They aren't going to increase customer loyalty, only destroy it. And the magazine publishers don't seem to care nor have any discretion over this type of marketing ploy. I too have received unwanted Martha Stewart mags after ordering from Vista Print. Will definitely rethink that option again when needing business cards and signage. Their lower prices aren't worth the extra time and aggravation caused. Vista probably gets paid a few cents by M2 Media for each click, so they aren't likely to stop the practice.
 14th of May, 2012 by   Claire-m 0 Votes
I have not used VistaPrint, so I don't know where my unwanted subscription to Oprah magazine came from. There must be other sites that do the same thing. I want to thank the people who posted here for giving me the phone number and suggestions, which I'm trying out now.

5 Tips on Finding a Real Estate Agent