logo

Supra Cleanse 350
Company charged me for $99.99 without my notice
2. (0 mins ago)
Optimal Hosting Ltd
They didn’t create the website and no refund was provided
3. (10 mins ago)
Avast 2yr Subscription not delivered

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

M2 Media Group, Colorado Complaints & Reviews - Lack of Delivery & Unprofessional Customer Service

M2 Media Group Contacts & Informations

M2 Media Group

Posted:    markus4star

Lack of Delivery & Unprofessional Customer Service

Superstore Mags
Colorado
ioffer.com
I ordered 2-year Businessweek subscription January 13, 2009 of this year through these guys and after noting that I was not receiving my subscription, I then contacted superstoremags@yahoo.com only to be called "retarded" and a "liar".

I then contacted Businessweek who told me that they had just received the order yesterday, March 3, 2009 and it was only for one year. Have emailed M2 Media group who are the people who placed the order but am not expecting much.

Warning to all on these magazine resellers.

________________________________

Please note that in follow-up to this complaint that M2 Media is an innocent party on this as I mistakenly assumed them as the agency who commissioned Mags Superstore.

Please also note that Mags Superstore has taken down their website on ioffer.com and appears to no longer be listing themselves - but be aware! The absolute temerity and rudeness that I was assaulted with was astounding - I honestly wasn't sure if this person was delusional or just plain arrogant.
Comments United States Magazines & Newspapers
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

9th of Mar, 2009 by   Lynn Swain +2 Votes
M2 Media sent a magazine subscription to me for Latina Magazine and I never authorized them to do such a think I don't even know who they are!!
Lynn
 6th of May, 2009 by   A Concerned Citizen +1 Votes
This company called my home ( I am on the "do not call" list) about 2 weeks before Christmas, 2008 and solicited to my minor child, convincing her that "I" was going to positively win a car or $25, 000 at the end of December, 2008. They told her that in light of winning a car, that good faith should be shown by subscribing to a few magazines. Somehow they talked my daughter into giving them my credit card number. I was shocked when I received a $980 bill for a 4 year subscription of about 20 magazines! I reported this incident to the Attorney General's office and cancelled all of the subscriptions. Today, May 6, 2009, I've just received 2 new different magazine subscriptions. This company should be ashamed of themselves. They should be put out of business!!! Be forwarned!!!
 2nd of Jul, 2009 by   Tim Totten +1 Votes
I, too, am recieving magazines I didn't order and do not want. I live nowhere near water and recieve "Boating". I work as a volunteer at a golf course and get golf magazines for free. I didn't order "Golf Digest". I am retired and never had a business nor am I interested in business so I have no need for "Forbes". I also get "Latina". I am not latino! Please stop sending random magazines to me in hopes that I'll pay for them, I won't.
Tim Totten
#233
752 SE Pine St.
Roseburg, OR 97470
tammysdad@live.com
 20th of Oct, 2009 by   concerned in WA +1 Votes
I too recieved magazines that I didn't order, and when I went to make sure I wasn't paying for them, I found the it was a "gift" subscription from M2 Media group. I again recieved it the following month. I went to cancel the subscription because I have no need for the magazine, and found that they had paid a full year's subscription in that magazine. This made me concerned and I checked with my bank to make sure that there wasn't a charge to this group and found that, there was a 15.00 charge for the magazine. I am currently disputing this charge. Be Aware!
 29th of Oct, 2009 by   david3773 +1 Votes
This company sucks. They sent me a magazine I don't want nor ordered, and I tried to cancel it, but they want me to go throw hoops and hops and emails. They can kiss my ass. What a F-up company. Get a real businesses.
 16th of Nov, 2009 by   N. Sayeed +2 Votes
What the heck is up with this company? I started receiving copies of "Money" magazine even though I never subscribed to it. I looked up the subscription number on cnnmoney.com and it said that the subscription was through M2 Media Group.

I tried to unsubscribe on the website and was told that since the subscription was through M2 Media Fools, I would have to contact them and go through their song and dance. Very uncool.

Why the heck do we have to waste time on the phone with an unethical business for stuff that we didn't even want and be treated like crap during the whole time?
 31st of Jan, 2010 by   ms_lbd +1 Votes
I just sent the following note to M2 and VistaPrint. This is a totally sketchy situation:

Yesterday, I received an unsolicited issue of Golf Magazine. I contacted the publication to cancel this mystery subscription and was told that the it was arranged for me by M2 Media Group - a company with which I am unfamiliar. I called the phone number provided and was put into an endless loop of automated voice prompts, only to be pointed to this e-mail address.

Upon doing a little more investigating, I'm assuming that this is somehow a by-product of my recent VistaPrint order - therefore, I have copied their customer service department on this request as well.

The automated message at M2 assured me that this was a "gift" and that it'll be free of charge. I still find this highly suspicious, as I never requested this subscription - and would never, considering that I am 100% *not* interested in golf of all things.

I have several requests:

* First and foremost, cancel this subscription. At the very least, sending unsolicited, poorly targeted magazines as "gifts" to people is bad for the environment. Personally, I'm about to throw this magazine in the recycling bin - what a waste.
* Please reply to this message to confirm this request and assure me that there will be *no charge* to the credit card I used to process my VistaPrint order. I hate that I have to now check my statements obsessively to make sure this isn't some kind of scam.
* VistaPrint, I would encourage you to cease doing business with a company that insidiously sends "gift" subscriptions to people. It's creepy and weird, and makes me hesitant to work with VistaPrint in the future.
* M2, please remove me from any future programs.

I would appreciate a prompt response to these requests. Thank you.
 26th of Mar, 2010 by   SHAME ON VISTA PRINT +1 Votes
VISTA PRINT !!! you should be ashamed of your company pratices. Asking if i want a "gift" is one thing, However sending me the subscription to "instyle" magazine to a straight man is not good business pratices. Had it been another magazine that was of more interest to me I still would not have appreciated vista print going about it in this manor. No means NO! Action will follow this message. Companys do try to do whatever they can to get more business and granted "WE" are the only ones who have actually taken the time to "Cancel" this "Gift". Most lazy americans will take the free "gift" and go... Hmmm whatever, Until they get the bill or a renewal offer. Bottom line is, shame on Vista Print.
 25th of May, 2010 by   In Lake Tahoe +1 Votes
Has anyone else (concerned in washington has) been charged by M2 Media? I've just had the same issue and have been checking my bank statements and haven't seen M2 charge anything, but I am very scared that something may get by in the future. I agree that everything is sketchy about this company and think that it might just be a ploy to get a lot of personal information in order to cancel the subscription. I definitely don't want to give M2 anymore information on me. At least they sent me something semi-interesting but I do not want to pay for it at all. Very very very suspicious company and practices.
 13th of Jun, 2010 by   aznparkranger +1 Votes
That's odd, I've suddenly started getting a subscription to Newsweek. When I've called to cancel, I was informed by Newsweek that the subscription was issued by M2 Media Group. I've been told I have to cancel with them as well. I'm going to have to check with my bank to find out where the charge originated. I guess I'll have to report this to the news and to the FTC.
 21st of Jul, 2010 by   calee +1 Votes
I have received Budget Travel and now Field & Stream. Budget Travel was nice enough to take care of it, but Field & Stream referred me to M2 Media Group. I went to their site and filled out their cancellation form, but that was before I read all these posts! The only company I deal with that was on their "value partner" list is VistaPrint. If I find that these subscriptions came through them, I'm will not order business cards or anything through them anymore. I also received a Gevalia Coffee subscription, complete with a coffee maker. Gevalia cancelled it and told me to keep the coffee maker. That was nice, but I would rather have never received it at all. I don't know if they sent that as well.
 27th of Sep, 2010 by   Carolyn Medley +1 Votes
I got a SKI magazine today and I did not order it. When I tried to cancel I was told it was sent to me by M2 Media Group. I do not live within 1800 miles of a mountain. This is the second time this has happened. I really would like to know where they got my name and address. I ahve not ordered anything off the internet or thru the mail. I think this needs to be looked into by the states Attorneys General. This is very scary.
 3rd of Nov, 2010 by   Meha +1 Votes
I recently received an issue of Shape magazine that I did not subscribe to.

I emailed Shape and was told "Your order was placed through an independent sales agency and it will be
necessary for you to contact them. The agency information is below:

M2 MEDIA GROUP
1127 HIGH RIDGE ROAD
#335
EMAIL = SERVICE@M2MAGS.COM
STAMFORD State: CT
866-441-1281"

I googled the name of the company just now and found numerous complaints about unwanted subscriptions and fraudulent charges. I am combing through my accounts to find any fradulent charges to dispute. Then I plan to pursue channels to file a formal complaint against them.
 15th of Nov, 2010 by   notagolfer +1 Votes
I completely agree. In the mail this weekend were THREE different issues of Golf Digest - unwanted, unordered and completely wasteful. Thanks for the email address.
 15th of Nov, 2010 by   Media Group Scam +1 Votes
I have just received 3 Golf Digest magazines that I never ordered, called Golf Digest and they said M2 Media Group ordered these for me...WHAT THE ****, needless to sasy I told them to not bill me and stop the magazines immediately!! When I called M2 Media Group all I got was a recording...guess that says a lot about this scam!!! Will be making formal charges soon through an attorney!
 16th of Nov, 2010 by   Maria Sadler +1 Votes
Fraud Fraud Fraud Fraud servicem2mags and bluedolphin.com and golf digest for making a contract with a company like this
About 2 weeks ago one of your freaking foreigners called me trying to sell me a damn magazine, I told them I was not interested and for some freaking reason I received 2 damn magazines about golf and I hate that sport. your company is committing fraud and I am going to report fraud against this company and better business. I dont not want any of these damn freaking magazines. I dont know how you received my information but I am going to report this as fraud I dont even know how they got my bank info even tough my bank reimbursed my money the point is this is fraud on behave of bluedolphin and 866 441 1281 m2 media group
questionbluedolphinmags.com
servicem2mags.com tried to call in all I got was a damn computer I pushed every option you can still no human

Maria Sadler 210-772-0031
San Antonio Tx 78228

I want a reference email that this was recieved
 17th of Nov, 2010 by   Sheryl Kaufman +1 Votes
I too received a magazine called Wine Spectator and didnt order it. funny think is I dont drink wine or any alcohol beverage. I've tried to contact the companies only to get recording after recording and fustration. I will send a letter to the CO company and to Vista Print, as I'm guessing by reading above that that's where this all started. Its quite annoying to say the least !!!
Sheryl Kaufman - Scottsdale AZ
 7th of Jan, 2011 by   StLouisEm68 0 Votes
I received Essence Magazine that I did not order. I am a Caucasion woman and much of the content of Essence is target for African-American population. Same story: Subscription ordered by M2Mags. When I phoned in to M2Mag at number provided, it said to go online to cancel subscription. My iMac warned me that this was a Phishing site designed to steal my personal contact information. I will now return to the Essence people and attempt to deal with it there. No charges that I know of yet.

Emily F.
Chesterfield, MO
 22nd of Jan, 2011 by   greatday87 0 Votes
Same story here! Called Vistaprint and expressed my disappointment with their company. They canceled my complimentary subscription to Cigar Aficionado that I did not want!!! Told me to use "express checkout" next time I order from them to avoid this happening again in the future. Too bad, I probably won't be ordering from them anymore.
 10th of Mar, 2011 by   pn0853 0 Votes
Same story. I hate golf. Never been interested in it and never will. Been receiving Golf magazine for a couple years now. About a year ago, I tried to cancel it and got a message from golf.com saying I needed to contact M2 MEDIA GROUP. Golf suspended my subscription for a few months. Eventually, the issues started coming again. Tried to unsubscribe on golf.com and received the same response about contacting M2 MEDIA GROUP. Fuck M2 MEDIA GROUP. I need to figure out who to report this company to.

Avoid Holiday Charity Scams