logo

adoreinfotech.com
No support provided
4. (43 mins ago)
slimfitjackets.com
Bad services and rude rep
5. (46 mins ago)

M1 Contacts & Informations

M1

Posted: 2012-02-09 by    amanda84

MOBILE PHONE SCAM

My mum received an SMS from a company called Teracom ( the company was given by M1 ) & participated in a game. Nothing has been mentioned with regards to the charges per sms.
3 days later, my mum SMS service has been barred by M1 as it has reached a maximum of $1000++. She called up & made a complaint to M1 on the charges, and as usual, the CSO told her that they will give her a call in within 5 working days. The next day after the complaint being launched ( one by my mum, one by me ), the TERACOM CSO called & told me very firmly that they will never waive the charges and they did send my mum a sms confirmation on the charges. But when i told her to show me the physical evidence ( or templates send to customer etc ), the lady just skip my question and told me that i have to pay FULL STOP.
I called up M1 and raise the following questions to the CSO who is in charge in this case:
a) there have been a few complaints about this Teracom company in the internet, but why is M1 still engaging their services?
- feedback: they not sure about this, and will launch an investigation
b) my mum have been using M1 services for many years, and her monthly bill is always less than S$100. Why no one from M1 bothered to call and ask her about the high usage & instead wait till it hits up to $1000 ( for SMS only)
- feedback: they did call her up & stop the TERACOM service immediately when it reached the max credit limit.
- my response : why wait till $1000?
- feedback : repeat the same answer
c) how does teracom managed to get my mum number - did M1 actually sell our numbers to 3rd party
- feedbacks - M1 did not sell the numbers, 3rd party some how managed to get the numbers.
- my response - speechless. din bothered to ask much as i know they wont reveal much info.
d) when can i know my demand for waiver will be approved..
- feedbacks - next billing cycle.
- my response - why need to wait so long. once you submit my request to the top management, they can get back on this in within a week or 2. why need to wait for next billing cycle.
- feedbacks : we need time to do internal investigation..

Overall im not satisfied with the answers given by the CSO. How can a 3rd party got to know our numbers if they did not purchase / get it from somewhere? The thing is they dont even have to ask about our particulars - billing address etc. I actually went to Teracom website and i found out M1 is actually one of their clients.. speechless.
I have a feeling M1 will not waive the charges.. they will just drag and drag until i gets tired of it & eventually paid. the worst is they will just terminate the number. But the only thing i know is that i will not going to pay.
Comments Singapore Scam & Fake Checks
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

21st of Jun, 2012 by   eunicechialim 0 Votes
Amanda,
Thank you for sharing online. Can you help talk to the mainstream media on 21st July 2012 at Speaker's Corner on this? I want to create awareness for the general public so people don't fall for the ruse. it's usually the elderly and the young...can email me at eunicechialim at hotmail dot com...i'm not typing my email address in full to prevent "spiders". i hope you know what i mean by eunicechialim at hotmail dot com.
=)