My mum received an SMS from a company called Teracom ( the company was given by M1 ) & participated in a game. Nothing has been mentioned with regards to the charges per sms.
3 days later, my mum SMS service has been barred by M1 as it has reached a maximum of $1000++. She called up & made a complaint to M1 on the charges, and as usual, the CSO told her that they will give her a call in within 5 working days. The next day after the complaint being launched ( one by my mum, one by me ), the TERACOM CSO called & told me very firmly that they will never waive the charges and they did send my mum a sms confirmation on the charges. But when i told her to show me the physical evidence ( or templates send to customer etc ), the lady just skip my question and told me that i have to pay FULL STOP.
I called up M1 and raise the following questions to the CSO who is in charge in this case:
a) there have been a few complaints about this Teracom company in the internet, but why is M1 still engaging their services?
- feedback: they not sure about this, and will launch an investigation
b) my mum have been using M1 services for many years, and her monthly bill is always less than S$100. Why no one from M1 bothered to call and ask her about the high usage & instead wait till it hits up to $1000 ( for SMS only)
- feedback: they did call her up & stop the TERACOM service immediately when it reached the max credit limit.
- my response : why wait till $1000?
- feedback : repeat the same answer
c) how does teracom managed to get my mum number - did M1 actually sell our numbers to 3rd party
- feedbacks - M1 did not sell the numbers, 3rd party some how managed to get the numbers.
- my response - speechless. din bothered to ask much as i know they wont reveal much info.
d) when can i know my demand for waiver will be approved..
- feedbacks - next billing cycle.
- my response - why need to wait so long. once you submit my request to the top management, they can get back on this in within a week or 2. why need to wait for next billing cycle.
- feedbacks : we need time to do internal investigation..
Overall im not satisfied with the answers given by the CSO. How can a 3rd party got to know our numbers if they did not purchase / get it from somewhere? The thing is they dont even have to ask about our particulars - billing address etc. I actually went to Teracom website and i found out M1 is actually one of their clients.. speechless.
I have a feeling M1 will not waive the charges.. they will just drag and drag until i gets tired of it & eventually paid. the worst is they will just terminate the number. But the only thing i know is that i will not going to pay.