logo

P.O. Box 767
Buffalo, New York
Phone: 1-800-724-2525
mandtbank.com
I had no problem with this company until now, other than an excessively high interest rate. We did not realize that we got a Equity Line. We thought we had a fixed mortgage. I have been trying to get this converted to 15 yr term. They will not even consider for 3 yrs. Now the problems has started. My payment is due on the 14th. As with any fixed mortgage you have a grace period. Not with M & T Equity line. If your payment is due on the 14th, it's has to be there by close of statement. If it arrives after the date. it's applied to next payment due, which make you other payment late. Basically they want 2 payment back to back!

Example : March payment due on 14th. Statement closes on the 19th. Payment arrives on the 20th. Payment applied to April 14th payment. If you wait to pay April's payment, as of the 14th your March payment is 30, or 31 days late. This depends on month. This is a crock of crap! Now they report you to credit bureau for 30 days late.

Oh! Lets not forget that the harassing phone calls start. I say screw all the banks! Just another bank trying to take advantage of people's misfortune in this wrecked economy

Anthony MD.
Comments United States Mortgage Companies
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

30th of Sep, 2010 by   beansgm 0 Votes
I am a mortgage customer of M&T and found working with them is impossible. You can never speak to the same person twice and they do not capture the phone conversation notes accurately so when you call back the person is referring to notes that are incorrect. There is NO point of escalation and one dept doesn't know what the other is doing.
 13th of Dec, 2011 by   andyscouse 0 Votes
Completely agree. Most times my bill is paid on or before the 12th. Lo and behold - it's now the 13th, and they call!!! And each time, they ask for Insurance Carrier - to which I tell them "I decline to comment". That annoys them. This time, I'm going to tell them I have no insurance!
 13th of Jan, 2012 by   boxsquared 0 Votes
Absolutely agree and am also very disappointed with the way these people do business. They lied to me when they said they mailed my title to me on December 19th, 2011. They said it would take 10 business days from that date. On December 27, 2011, they told me it was an oversight and they promised me they were mailing it out that day (December 27)... especially because I was very upset when I found out they didn't mail it the first time. I called on it today, January 13, 2011 and they told me that they just mailed it on January 11, 2012. They would not let me speak to a manager until I went through five people and kept insisting I speak with a manager. Everytime I asked for the manager, they IGNORED me. What kind of business is that? I am very disappointed with M &T Bank. High rates and very poor service . . . not to mention, they lie to people! I will be sure to let everyone know how unprofessional these people are!!!

Laptop Buying Guide