logo

Huge rip off

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Lux E- Cigarette Complaints & Reviews - Overcharged/unauthorized use of credit card

Lux E- Cigarette Contacts & Informations

Lux E- Cigarette

Posted:    John M. Ellsworth

Overcharged/unauthorized use of credit card

The so called "Smokeless Cigarette" was advertised as a free trial - "Only pay for shipping and handling" of $4.95
Until my bill for the next month came -Two more charges appeared on my credit card - One for $69.62 and another for $99.67! They never sent me any additional items for the "E-cigarette" such as cartridges or anything! I went back and looked on the web site and found a small box that says "click here for more information before ordering". (I never saw this box before) It states that I COULD be charged up to $88 dollars additional if I do not call and cancel the "Subscription" within 10 days! I will refuse to pay and will stop all payment from my credit card company. TOTAL RIP OFF
Comments United States E-Shopping
Was the above complaint useful to you?
More Lux E- Cigarette complaints
Lux E- Cigarette - SCAM

Comments

19th of May, 2010 by   tamara sanford +1 Votes
I order an lux e cig and received and tryed it but #1 it's very heavyand iordered menthal how wuold I return it and it'to strong
 19th of May, 2010 by   tamara sanford +1 Votes
I received my lux e cig it's very heavy and I order menthal. so how would igo about returning it.
 20th of May, 2010 by   d1andonlyde +1 Votes
I ordered an E-Lux Cigarette as well and I am very disappointed, because its heavy for one, and the vapors get all over your lips and you don't get to inhale enough vapors to even get the the feel of smoking in order to want to quit. As far the billing goes I was charged the $4.95 upfront then the very next week $99 plus some, its simply unfair how companies can just freely rip us off like that, but when we try it, we can be brought up on charges. (Thats BUllCRAP!) I want my damn money back and I will get it now or later lawsuit or else. If you want to help please e-mail me @d1andonlyde@aol.com

signed
PISSED!
 22nd of Oct, 2010 by   another concerned citizen 0 Votes
My boyfriend wanted to order this and I warned him about all these so called " free offers...just pay shipping " only to have them keep charging your card. I told him to use his PRE PAID VISA card, and ONLY put the total amount for shipping on it, nothing more. That way, they CAN'T take any more money out, and you have just beaten them at their own game ! Do this for pretty much anything you order, if you aren't sure and READ THE FINE PRINT ALWAYS !!!
 23rd of Oct, 2010 by   howard tarvit 0 Votes
glad to see this site warning people about ripoffs -- but!!! don't let sellers like this turn you off on e-cigs.
there are a lot of good sites for e-cigs and they work great
i've used them since oct 2009, was a 4 pack a day smoker, cigarette free for over a yr now
and found the 510 style to be the best
 5th of Nov, 2010 by   ANGELA BRUGETTA 0 Votes
i just had it out with them. i was never told it was a trial...or that i would be charged an additional 31.95. the product does not work and they dont care. they will not refund my money. they kept telling me to wait and wait...meanwhile this so called trial is over and i cannot get my money back. thats why they told me to wait. i want MY MONEY BACK!!! THE PRODUCT IS DEFECTED.
 3rd of Dec, 2010 by   Smoke Free 0 Votes
I was also robbed by this company. Stupid me, I was happy with Vapor4Life (and still am) and I figured for 4.95 I would give another brand a try. When Lux kit arrived it didn't work (not one sign of a vapor) I tossed it to the side and then saw the 99 buck charge. Funny thing is when you call their so called customer service it seems they already know why you are calling and start spouting off about terms and conditions. But even the best terms and conditions can fall in the face of a class action. D1andonly have you spoken with any attorneys regarding this because I would love to get an attorney on this.
 4th of Dec, 2010 by   lulamae555 0 Votes
I also got the free trial with 4.95 shipping. Then they kept calling to "confirm" my address. That's when they started talking about shipping more supplies to me. I told them I didn't need anything else and they began telling me what I would be paying for and charged per month. I told them to cancel the order made 8 hrs prior to their phone call. They told me that they would charge me 99.99 for the kit they had processed for me or I could return it. I would have twelve day to return it (and I hadn't received it yet) and if it were late I would still be charged 99.99. And there would be a restocking fee. After a lot of yelling they said I could get out of all of this if I were to give them 32.99. I promptly canceled my credit card. They continue to call me to ask for address confirmation - I am assuming they are getting verbal authorization to charge my card. Be careful, do not use this company. If anyone takes any action on this please let me know. I am very angry and would like to keep this company from doing this to someone else!
 10th of Dec, 2010 by   V_albee 0 Votes
I just had to go to my bank and deactivate my card... 2 weeks I will be without my debit card and I am out over 120.00 for a sub standard product that I did not want!
 16th of Dec, 2010 by   Jonathan R. Koerth, Esq. 0 Votes
**ATTENTION VICTIMS OF E-CIG INTERNET SCAMS** We are a law firm with bar admissions in Pennsylvania, New York, District of Columbia, Georgia and West Virginia. We have also appeared in matters in California, Florida, Illinois, Ohio and elsewhere. I have reviewed complaints on this and other consumer forums / boards against certain e-cig companies, which promise to ship a new e-cig kit for $0.00 plus $9.95 or $14.95 shipping, and then two weeks later charge the customer $149 or more based on inconspicuous and inconsistent "small print" language in the offer page of the website. In fact, in some cases the customers suffered credit card charges of $370 or more within a couple months of entering into what was supposed to be a $14.95 transaction. We may be able to represent victims of any such wrongful credit card charges in a lawsuit against the responsible parties. There would be no fee to the victims unless there is a recovery. Please contact me at the email address indicated to discuss your potential claim. jonathan@steelcitylawyers.com
 16th of May, 2011 by   bettyboop1960 0 Votes
I ordered LUX E CIG FOR 4.95 I KEPT GETTING RE-FILLS, SO I CALLED AND ASKED THEM TO QUIT SENDING THE TIPS. WELL JUST YESTERDAY I RECEIVED ANOTHER ENVELOPE WITH MORE TIPS(05-14/11) CUSROMER SERVICE ASSURED ME NO MORE WOULD COME TO MY HOUSE AND THEY LIED...I'M NOT PAYING FOR THESE, THEY ARE CRAZY WITH THE PRICES THEY CHARGE AND CUSTOMER SERVICE SUCKS!!!
 11th of Jun, 2011 by   erniepie 0 Votes
I ordered the trial lux cig for $4.95 and a month later was charged another $99.00 and customer service could not locate. My credit card customer service alerted me to potential fraud and they removed the charge and set up the card so no more charges can be made. What a rip off.
 7th of Aug, 2011 by   Ric4Prez 0 Votes
Lux e cig is affiliated with smoke 51 free owned and controlled by Vapor Corp (VPCO) (VPCO.OB) totally fraudulent operator - lure you in with a low offer - get your card number via a toll free number and makes fraudulent charges in my case $105 and $70. Total Fraud stay away; they are under investigation by the Police Department of Miami Beach, Florida.
 23rd of Aug, 2011 by   RepEC51 0 Votes
LUX is not owned by Vapor Corp. They purchase product from us and resell it. Do your research and you will find they are a completely separate company. Just because you received our product does not mean it was purchased from us.
 26th of Sep, 2011 by   sutton 0 Votes
If Vapor Corp is supplying a company WELL KNOWN for their SCAM using their products, then they need to either STOP SUPPLYING THEM with opportunities to SCAM people, or get ready for the backlash themselves.
If they did it ONCE, unknowingly, that's one thing, but if they are STILL supplying a KNOWN scam company...
The way I see it, they're either part of the problem or part of the solution. Their reputation is subject to their choices of whom they wish to associate.
 19th of Oct, 2011 by   suz56 0 Votes
I had the same experience happen to me lux e cig offered a free trial of these cigerettes for 4.95 I seen nothing else disclosed, I placed this on my boyfriend's credit card legally and charged him 103.65 not including overdraft fee's of 180.00 he not to say the least is furious and called them back and said to them that this was done illegally and asked them to credit him back from this illegal debit charge, he also asked them if they had a green card they would not answer him he asked twice n/a, therefor he called homeland security and reported them as illegal immegrants that are running a boiler room.We are going to the NEW YORK STATE ATTORNEY GENERAL'S OFFICE, LOOK OUT SOME PEOPLE HAVE HIGHER POWER THAN THESE PEOPLE WHO RUN ILLEGAL OUTFITS, THERE WILL BE CONSEQUENCES FOR THERE ACTIONS!
 19th of Oct, 2011 by   suz56 -1 Votes
YOU TOTALLY DID NOT READ THIS PROPERLY, THIS WAS FOR MY BOYFRIEND AND APPROVED BY HIM I MYSELF THE ONLY THING I DID WAS ORDER IT ON MY COMPUTER, ALSO WE HAVE BEEN TOGETHER FOR MANY YEARS, I AM 54 YEARS OLD AND A GRANDMOTHER OF 2 BEAUTIFUL GIRLS AND AWESOME SON THAT WORKS FOR THE GOVERNMENT, I DO KNOW HOW TO READ AND AS MANY OTHERS WERE RIPPED OFF, I AM FAR FROM BEING AN ASS AS YOU SAY, BY THE WAY MY BOYFRIEND LOVES ME VERY MUCH HE IS VERY UPSET WITH THE COMPANY, DON'T OPEN YOUR MOUTH UNLESS YOU READ CAREFULLY.
 19th of Oct, 2011 by   RepEC51 0 Votes
sutton,
The offer that is being run with our product IS NOT A SCAM. The terms to the offer are clearly displayed on their landing page and are actually in a text box directly to the left of the button that is clicked to submit the order.
 21st of Oct, 2011 by   suz56 0 Votes
AND LIKE I SAY THERE WERE NO TERMS OR CONDITIONS DISPLAYED ON THE ADVERTISEMENT FOR THE SO CALLED FREE CIGARETTE FOR 4.95, WHICH BY THE WAY HAS BEEN TAKEN OFF THE SITE, DUE TO IT BEING A SCAM!!!, WHY WOULD YOU NOT VOUCH FOR THE COMPANY YOU WORK FOR???????????? EVEN THOUGH YOUR COMPANY HAS RIPPED OFF SO MANY PEOPLE?????????? I GET IT YOUR COMPANY HAS NO CONSCIENCE .AND WE ARE GOING TO PROCEED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW TO HAVE YOUR COMPANY PAY FOR THE WRONGFUL ACTS THAT HAVE MADE TO MANY!!! PEOPLE OF LITERALLY STEALING FROM US.
 4th of Nov, 2011 by   RepEC51 0 Votes
Vapor Corp absolutely does not support scams at all and we would not have a company sell our product unless we saw the page they were selling through. Here is the link to where you placed the order http://ecigs4life.net/. If you enter some information to get to the second page where you enter the credit card information you will see the terms clearly displayed directly next to the button that is clicked to submit the order. You do not need to enter your real information and you will not need to enter the card information to see the terms I am speaking of.

Can a Bus Beat a Plane?