logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (10 mins ago)
Mary Gersten - Global Cash Flow Network
Refund promised but never sent
2. (15 mins ago)
Redbubble.com
Redbubble is scam and fraud
3. (28 mins ago)
Joe's Crabshack
Discrimination
4. (44 mins ago)
Time Warner Cable
Rude incompetent customer "care"
5. (46 mins ago)
Hyundai end of lease return
excessive scrutinization

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Lustine Dodge, Woodbridge, Virginia Complaints & Reviews - Poor Service, Bad Business

Lustine Dodge Contacts & Informations

Lustine Dodge

Posted: 2011-08-18 by    Dodge Fan

Poor Service, Bad Business

Lustine Dodge
Woodbridge, Virginia
My Testimony...
I bought that new 2011 Dodge Ram from Lustine that I liked. The salesman was great (He was Friendly, Always extremely Helpful, and very courteous). The finance department also seemed to be knowledgeable, professional, courteous and prompt to resolve questions or issues. The problematic experience I had was AFTER THE SALE.
I arrange for a hitch receiver to be installed, as I am making an out-of-state trip to an ATV ride (so I need to pull my ATV trailer). I was told to bring it to Lustine Toyota next door, that a specific Mechanic was arranged to install it for me.. and installation would take about an hour. When I get there, I spend over an hour and a half waiting for someone to figure out what was going on... in the meantime, I went back to the Dodge dealer, where the Salesman had to arrange to have the hitch installed. They were also going to perform the paint protection and undercoating, so it would all be done at once. I then am informed it will take all day, and I could get a complimentary rental car. I sat another near hour and a half at an over-filled rental place... just to get home for the afternoon! Later that evening, another return trip to retrieve my truck. They had u-haul install a cheap bumper mount hitch, that I will have replaced later by someone else...it's worth paying someone else to get what I asked for!!! The Undercoating had not been done, and no Nerf bars.
Next, I am trying to return to arrange the undercoating and installation of the nerf bars... call to schedule appointment, drive to the dealer... couldn't get it in until late, and would not be ready for 2 days, so I opt to reschedule.
In the meantime, the temporary tags expire. Several phone calls and a few hours later, it was determined that I need to sign a C of O, as it was being titled out of state. This is understandable, and not the fault of Lustine... but, I find it difficult to understand why I didn't get a call when the licensing state needed additional information... I had to wait until the temp tags expired and make a trip down again to get additional temp tags.
Now, I schedule a return trip for undercoating and nerf bar installation. I arrange to drop it off early in the am (before they open), and I was told it would be done by the time I got off work at 5pm. I received a confirmation call the day before I am to drop it off, confirming that I was to drop it off (and sign the C of O). I drop it off at 4:40am. I return at 5:30pm or so... and behold! It's not done again! NOBODY bothered to call and tell me it wasn't ready. I got to waste my time, to get a friend (driving 2 viehicles home), my time going to Lustine, and let alone the time sitting in traffic to get there and back!!! But here's a twist, at about 10am I get a call from one of their service people telling me my appt was the next Wednesday! I explained who I talked with and that my appt was confirmed as today! I was told okay... that it would be taken care of.
The service people offered another rental car (but after my last experience with that, and my complete and total frustration with how disoriented this whole buying from Lustine experience has thus far been) I refused the loaner (after all, I still had to take my other car, home, My friend who came to help take my Truck and other car to his home)... what good does a rental really do me? I already had my 2nd car, and I am now wasting yet another trip, whether I like it or not.
My other car is a 2010 Chrysler Town and Country. I plan to trade it in early spring of next year for a Car (as my wife is wanting a car)... With this experience the way it went so far... you can bet your rear I'll be looking at other dealerships!
It is such a shame... The sale was a great experience all the way up to the point of giving them a signature... the rest has been, to say the least... a horrifying experience.
Comments United States Car Dealers
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

18th of Aug, 2011 by   Dodge Fan 0 Votes
And... adding to it... After I wasted my time yesterday... I was told by their service person that "I will personally call you, and let you know as soon as it is finished". I wait until an hour after I get home from work this evening to call for the status... it's done they say. You guessed it... not one call from them as was promised AGAIN.
I'm now considering furthering my complaints with the BBB... this is horrible business.
 20th of Aug, 2011 by   Dodge Fan 0 Votes
But Wait! There's MORE!!! I go back the 2nd time to pick-up the truck. Undercoating is done, nerf bars are installed... but THEY DROPPED IT OFF A LIFT!!! There's damage under both sides, and after having it looked at, a considerable amount of damage. Lustine called and wated to fix it, to make things right. Gen MGR Mike and I talk for near an hour... he tells me to bring it down, they'll give me a loaner truck, and they will make it right. He had prior arrangements and wasn't going to be there Friday, so he told me to talk with his Asst Mrg Matt... that Matt would be made aware of the situation. When I get there, Matt says Mike briefly mentioned something about it, but, he didn't know what was going on!!!
Needless to say, now I have an appointment with my Attorney... complaints are being filed with the BBB against both Diamler and Lustine (Diamler for allowing such a place represent them), and I am now seeking advice and other people who want to come forward and share with me the issues with Lustine. 53 complaints filed with the BBB in 36 months!!! I'll religiously check the BBB in the future before ever buying a new truck again.
 20th of Aug, 2011 by   Dodge Fan 0 Votes
If you have been "Duped after the sale" by Lustine, please let me know. At this point, I am attempting to gather as much information as possible, as there may be grounds for action concerning business ethics!
 26th of Oct, 2011 by   Caravan lover 0 Votes
I have a similar situation. I was going on vacation and was traveling through the area. My transmission broke and they did the warranty repair for Diamler and replaced the transmission. It is now 9 months later and my home dealership, which I bought it from, states that Lustine shop messed up and broke something else. Lustine of course denies this Now I am stuck without my Van(only vehicle). Going to cost me over $1000 to repair(if I pay for it) and warranty says they cant do anything about it because they don't guarantee workmanship of individual shops. So now I am stuck without any vehicles, no one wants to pay for a rental(or give a loaner), and my shop wont perform the work to do the repair until they get confirmation on how it will get paid. To top the whole thing off, if I needed to sue Lustine, I would have to do it in VA courts and I live about 120 miles away in Delaware

Better Business Bureau's Consumer Tips