logo

Bunch of scammers

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Luminess Air, Houston, Texas Complaints & Reviews - THEY ARE FRAUD AN SCAM ARTIST

Luminess Air Contacts & Informations

Luminess Air

Posted:    clynn

THEY ARE FRAUD AN SCAM ARTIST

LUMINESS AIR
8752 WESTPARK DR
Houston, Texas
Phone: 18777495777
THIS COMPANY CHARGED ME 4 TIMES IN ONE MONTH AFTER I HAD RETURNED THE PRODUCT BACK TO THEM, THEY SAID THEY WOULD REFUND THE MONEY BACK TO MY CARD BACK IN APRIL WHICH INFACT THEY DID NOT THEN JUST THE OTHER DAY SEPT.5TH OR AROUND THAT DATE A COLLECTION AGENT CONTACTS ME BY PHONE SAYING THAT THE PRODUCT WAS NOT RETURNED INFACT IT WAS BACK ON FEB. 6TH THEY DID NOT CONTACT ME TO INFORM ME OF THIS NOW THEY ARE TRING TO TELL ME IF I HAVE THE TRACKING NUMBER THEY WOULD GIVE ME A FULL REFUND, I NO LONGER HAVE THE TRACKING NUMBER FOR IT WAS SO LONG AGO. THIS COMPANY IS RUID THEY FRAUDLY TOOK OFF MY CREDIT CARD AN NOW ARE TRING TO AFTER ALL THIS TIME TRY TO SAY THEY DO NOT HAVE MY PRODUCT INWHICH THEY DO HAVE, THEY ARE HARD TO UNDERSTAND THEY ARE FROM ANOTHER COUNTRY I ASKED TO SPEAK TO THE HEAD MANAGE/ OWNER AN THEY KEPT ON PASSING THE PHONE AROUND TO SOMEONE ELSE IN THERE OFFICE I HAD TO TELL MY STORY TO THEM 4 DIFFERNT TIMES TO 4 DIFFERENT PEOPLE TODAY. DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY... IF ANYONE HAS ANY IDEA OF WHAT ELSE I CAN DO I HAVE ALREADY WROTE TO THE BBB BUT AM REALLY NOT GETTING ANYWHERE PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME.
Comments United States Cosmetics
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

13th of Oct, 2008 by   Laura +1 Votes
You may also want to contact the federal trade commision regarding this company. The way the BBB handles things is they contact the company for response and resolution. The company is not required to respond. The BBB will then show on their database that a complaint has been lodged and there was no response from the company. It warns others, but is not help to you.
 26th of Nov, 2008 by   Jennifer Moppin +1 Votes
After 8 months, my debit card is now pending 4 transactions from Luminess Air for 67.47 each. I called the number, and discovered that it was disconnected. About a half hour later, I called again and someone finally picked up. I ordered a basic kit back in March 17, 2008, but once the credit card transaction was completed, the call was dropped before I was provided a confirmation number. Due to the dropped call, I then proceeded call back to cancel the order as I suspected FRAUD. The person I spoke to said that it would not be a problem. It is now 8 months after the first transaction. The person I spoke to today, 11/26/08, had the nerve to say that every call received is recorded. Then why don't they have a record of my call back in March 17? Luminess Air is NOT to be TRUSTED.

Back when I saw the infomercial, it gave me the impression that the amount being charged is for the basic kit for $62.94; if not satisfied can be returned within 30 days. There was no information about 4 additional charge of $67.47 to made. The kit was advertised only at a cost of $62.94 and NOT $299.95 excluding shipping/handling/processing cost of $32.99.
 1st of Dec, 2008 by   m lancaster +1 Votes
this is how almost every company that sells things on tv and the internet do business now days. i ordered a face cream called hydroderm which came to me as a tiny little bottle, then i found out that you had to send it back within a certain amount of time or my credit card would be charged monthly for a refill of the stuff. i sent it directly back to the company, took my info out of the profile on their website - i don't know if this really helped or not, then i wrote them a letter telling them how dishonest i felt that they were. they replied, well it was a trial. trial/sample? what's the difference?? the difference is that a trial will get you revolving charges from the company...so, watch what you order. mlancaster
 12th of Jun, 2009 by   HeatherLUMair 0 Votes
Luminess Air Cares About its Customers.

At Luminess Air we strive to take care of each and every customer, and give every customer an equal opportunity to return or cancel their order. The Luminess Air Pro system is 299.85, please view our website at www.luminessair.com. When an order is placed a customer is told numerous times the trial price and the purchase price, as we do not want their to be any confusion, and if you feel that there was some confusion we have a dedicated customer care team that I would love for you to contact at 877-749-5777. Please call us so that we may take care of you, and ensure that your needs are met.

Heather K
Luminess Air
 23rd of Jun, 2009 by   Lisica 0 Votes
By far the worst company to deal with. Be prepared to wait at least 20 minutes after talking to a useless representative. I was charged for 2 eyeshawdow $72.00 which is a rip off to start, then of course they were out of stock, therfore they never shipped it out but still charged the card. I called and after a 30 minute ordeal they told me they could not even send me other colors to replace the ones I wanted. I have delat with this co. 4 different times and all 4 have been ridiculous. The customer service is horrible, they rob your money and if you dont stay on top of them, you would not even get your merchndise. They are even too stupid to fill PAID IN FULL back orders. Look on line for hundreds of other airbrush company's but NEVER ORDER FROM LUMINESS AIR >They are scam artist like all these other people say!!! Since have been ordering elsewhere, cheaper and great service. LUMINESS AIR HAS TO BR THE WORST!!!
 24th of Jun, 2009 by   HeatherLuminessAir -1 Votes
I am sorry to hear that you did not have a good experience, as we pride ourself if provided excellent customer serivce and products. We are not trying scam you, we are not trying to take from you, and once the items you ordered are in stock we would ship it for you. Since they are backordered, we will be happy to refund the money. Please call me at 877-749-5777 ext. 215. My name is Heather K.
 26th of Jun, 2009 by   RippedOff! +1 Votes
This company ripped me off too. I never ordered their product or had ever heard of them before I had an over $300 charge from them on my debit card. Obviously someone else ordered it using my stolen debit card number. That part isn't their fault. The problem I have is that their customer service is terrible. I had to tell my story to three people at a call center in India before being transferred to a manager in Texas who actually tried to threaten me with, "I'm glad we're recording this call because this doesn't sound like fraud at all, " simply because I don't think I should have to pay to ship their product back to them. I'm a straight man. I have no use for a box full of makeup! As far as I'm concerned if they want it back it's their responsibility to pay for the shipping. After all, I've already wasted hours of my valuable time dealing with the police, the bank, and their worthless customer "service" department. The bottom line is this company has no ethics in selling their product.
 26th of Jun, 2009 by   Susan @ Luminessair -1 Votes
I am the manager he spoke with. I told him if he filed a police report I would give him a complete refund. This complaint is because we could not issue a call tag. We take fraud very seriously. We cooperate police so that people who commit fraud are prosecuted to the full extent of the law. He said he would slam our company on every website he could find if I didn't issue the call tag. By the way, the name, address, phone number and credit card information was a perfect match. He has the product. All we are waiting for is the police report and after verifying with the police that this is a legitimate case we will refund this customer in full. We do however, have to get the product back to issue the refund. It will cost between $5.00 and $10.00 depending on the carrier for him to send this back.
 26th of Jun, 2009 by   RippedOff! +1 Votes
I never said I would slam your company on any website. You claim to have recorded the call. Go back and listen to it. I simply asked you if it was worth $10 not to have an unhappy person out there. Apparently it isn't. I have filed the police report and you will have a copy faxed to you as soon as a copy is available to me next week.
My name and credit card number matched. The address was neither my current physical address nor current billing address. For a company that takes fraud so seriously, do you think it might be important to check to see that the billing address is correct? I only have the product because a former neighbor signed for it.
Your company knows absolutely nothing about service. I DIDN'T ORDER YOUR PRODUCT!!! Yet, every person I spoke to at your company assumed that I did and that I must be lying about having not ordered it. Susan, I think if you were in my situation you would find that if someone had stolen from you and then had the audacity to pretend to dictate terms to you of how they would give you your money back, you might be a little agitated too.
If you had responded to my phone call to your company anywhere nearly as fast as you responded to my complaint on this website, I might not be as angry.
I'll talk to you next week.
 1st of Jul, 2009 by   HannahEaton 0 Votes
3 weeks ago I would have to agree with you, but that was before I heard the recording of the sales call. 3 months ago I began the prescription ambienCR for my insomnia. I really thought that it was working, and thought that I had been sleeping all through the night. And then packages began to arrive from HSN, QVC, LuminessAir, the JemNetwork etc. I thought that someone was trying to play a mean trick on me.

Luminess Air was the first box I opened to find out what it was, I called their customer service and told them there was no way in Hell that I ordered this and was VERY annoyed when they said that everything matched. I was transferred around many times, and then I got to Susan who stated that she was the director of customer relations. She told me she would order the call and we would go from there. I just listened to the sales call 2 days ago, and it was a groggy me on the other end of the phone ordering everything that I could. I was dumbfounded, and felt like an idiot.

I did some research and I found out that a lot of people that take these sleep aids had similar experience, I even read that one lady ordered over $1, 000 worth of stuff from HSN and had no idea she ordered it until 12 boxes appreared on her doorstep.

I am no longer taking this medication and am trying to sort all of this out.
 17th of Jul, 2009 by   productjunkie +1 Votes
Wow, after reading all these complaint about Luminess Air, I'm having a second thought about ordering it. I don't blame those unsatisfied customers... I would too be very upset if my credit card has been charge unfairly or unable to get fair and honest solution.
Perhaps, they need to hire and train professional staffs and also check if they have problem with their website/software that caused the charges of credit card. I ordered my Luminess system through Ebay, I will be needing the makeup soon, too bad the Ebay do not have the color shade and the primer that I was looking for. I will do more research...
 31st of Jul, 2009 by   Kaye66Morris 0 Votes
I haven't had any problems ordering my makeup from their website www.lumcos.com. Sounds like to me people just don't want to pay for what they ordered.

Kaye M
 15th of Aug, 2009 by   Katyo65 -1 Votes
I disagree with complaints. Some people are just not satisfied with anything. You shouldn't order anything unless you are sure you can do some reserch on it and are satisfied with the results.
I can't say I have had any bad experience with this company. They have been very nice to me. They have answered my emails and calls. Are very courteous, and are refunding my money due to dermatology problems. My Dr. suggested that I do not use this untill all my problems are resolved.
Good luck to all of you,

Kay
 17th of Aug, 2009 by   greatskin -1 Votes
I cant wait to try this product. Only thing is I ordered last week and received my confirmation number, the trial is 29.99 for 30 days and they charge u like 32.99 for s&h, they try to sell you a bunch of other product along the way but u continue to say "no thanks." then they give you the option of express shipping for only 12.95 or something rather.. Ofcourse i cant wait to try this for myself! So that was last week and my account has yet to be charged, you only have 30 days to return this product.. 30 days from the day you ordered. Im assuming if you choose to return the product and they receive it after the 30 day trial: they charge your account again.. If i dont get mine this week, this is reason enough to cancel membership right way. I hope this product is as good as they claim.
 31st of Aug, 2009 by   niya 0 Votes
anyone whites of there eyes turned brown after using this product
 31st of Aug, 2009 by   Kaye_Morris 0 Votes
How can an all Natural Water based product do this????? Luminess Air does not cause this! The whites in my eyes have not changed at all and I have been using this product for over a year! What a ridiculous thing to say.
 8th of Sep, 2009 by   Carrie3440 +1 Votes
Im just saw a preview on tv for this product. Im just looking around to see how other people like this product. I hope its better than what people are saying. I couldent wait to try it, but now Im not so sure. Goood customer service is just as important as the product working well.
 12th of Sep, 2009 by   RippedOffToo +1 Votes
RippedOff,
I had a very similar situation as you did with Luminess and 7 other companies. My debit card number was stolen from an online site and several charges were made to my account for Luminess and colon cleansing products. In my case, I believe my Myspace account was phished and I had entered my debit card into that account to enter a karaoke contest (I needed a premeir karaoke membership because I had used up my "plays" for the month). My address matched, but the phone number they had on file did not, nor did the email address they were provided. Now that I have heard your story, I am not sure that Luminess is not a party to some fraudulent activity. They also fell just short of calling me a liar, but once they were asked to play the recordings to match the voices, they backed off. I too received the product, along with several other products I did not order. The interesting thing is, the other companies have refunded my money and one had already issued the refund before I even called and recognized it myself because THEY identified it as fraudulent!! My problem has not been escalated to the "helpdesk" as of yet, but I am sure it will be soon. What they don't seem to understand is that I DO NOT want to pay even $10 to send back a product that I did not order. The other places have not asked me to send their products back or do anything with it. Some of my items that were ordered were sent to my address and others were sent to places in Georgia. Luminess is not a helpful company. They would rather call you liars than to cooperate. It's no longer my problem as justice will be served when they are contacted by the authorities, up to and including the FTC.

And by the way, I checked my call log to make sure I wasn't "sleep ordering" (as I do not have a landline, only a cell phone...even though I don't take sleep aids and I thought I'd check) and I did not place any orders or call any unknown numbers in that time frame.
 14th of Sep, 2009 by   Kimmie0566 0 Votes
I can understand why a company would think that you ordered this if your address and name matched and the product shipped to you. I know that I have "sleep ordered" items before Luminess being one of them. I think that I yelled at a few of their customer service representative because I honestly believed that I did not place this order. Once I heard my recording last Wednesday, and it was a groggy Me ordering everything Luminess that I could, I was soooooo embarrassed. It does look kinda cool though, maybe I will try it before deciding to keep it or not. I have already paid for it anyways.

Hope this helps.

Kim
 14th of Sep, 2009 by   RippedOffToo +1 Votes
With all the online fraud that occurs nowadays, it is very easy for someone to get your billing address and have items shipped to you. When orders are placed online, that chance for fraud increases. After seeing complaints from other websites on Luminess Air, it seems that I am not the only one who has never ordered from Luminess but have obtained unauthorized charges and have received the product. My billing address matches, but my phone number and email do not. If it's "only $10" to send a shipping label, I do not understand why they cannot send it, rather than me purchasing one AFTER my bank account has been drained by them and 6 other companies. I believe they will refund my money as much as they believe I did not order their product. When they compare my phone calls, they will find that it was not me. Like I said, other companies have systems in place to prevent fraud and of the 7 total companies, the only one I have had any trouble with is Luminess. The rest have refunded my money after I called them to explain the situation, or in the case of one company, had already refunded my money and identified it as fraud before I did. Online fraud is no joke. These people know what they are doing. They may not be looking to directly benefit by ordering the product for themselves, but are targeting people to wreak havoc in their lives. Some companies have better safeguards than others and will catch orders that are trying to be shipped to somewhere other than the billing address. My guess is the person that obtained my information got "hung up" when asked why the shipping differed from the billing and decided to keep it the same as the billing address. If you have not experienced something like that, consider yourself lucky. It is a nightmare to clean up a mess that someone else made with little to no understanding from those who received your hard-earned money illegally.

Taxes 2011 - Refund Anticipation Loans