logo

SBI ATM Card
Transcation declained
3. (10 mins ago)
myticketsonline.eu
Lost money, not received tickets
4. (10 mins ago)
Incomplete Products

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Low Pay Card, Los Angeles, California Complaints & Reviews - Scam and rip off!

Low Pay Card Contacts & Informations

Low Pay Card

Posted:    Valerie

Scam and rip off!

Low Pay Card
Los Angeles, California
Phone: 800-815-6952
www.lowpaycard.com
This outfit collects $400.00 for which you get nothing but a card and a catalog to purchase their junk... NOT NAME BRANDS. The appeal, I guess, is that you can buy this junk on a monthly basis at no interest. They are very uncooperative when trying to get out of it. The $200.00 yearly membership dues is owed to them even if you want to discontinue the membership.

I received a catalog on the 13th of the month and the 14th was the cut-off date for canceling. One of the rules of cancellation is that all the 'stuff' that is sent with the catalog has to be received back within 30 days. I believe they plan that so you can't get out without being tied up in their contract.

The fraud department of my bank is working on getting part of it back, but I'll probably be stuck for $120.00.
Comments United States Department Stores
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

22nd of Feb, 2008 by   oreo.cookie 0 Votes
I didn't fall for the scam. I received their card about a week ago and did not have time to check them out so I left it laying on my desk until i did (even though it says ACTIVATE TODAY! )

The internet is a wonderous thing if you use it! I found this site in my search for information on this company. I went looking after I found their site and when you clicked on an item it wouldn't show you the price. As soon as I found this site and read the first two or three complaints, I turned around and put the whole thing, card and all through the shredder here at work! Case closed.

I would advise any and all offers to be checked out before signing on the dotted line. This world is so full of scams and scums!
Watch you backs and your wallets!

Have a happy day and an oreo cookie!
 6th of Mar, 2008 by   jimmy 0 Votes
I do agree. Does anyone wanna start a class action against this company.
 17th of Mar, 2008 by   James Parish 0 Votes
I just got mine today and i was checking it out on the internet with the what was on the back of the card and then I google it on the internet and be hold there it was in red and white as a ripoff.
Good thing i checked on it.

Belive me it wa tempting with the credit limmit. I had enough bad luck so i am glade i red it.

I belive it anyone is going to give you a credit card with a limmit you should not have to pay monthly or yearly dos.

Thank you.
 26th of Mar, 2008 by   ripped off 0 Votes
this is totally boguss..i would have never known i had not looked it up..they got me but i cancelled..and recieved a cancellation notice. how horrible is that people scam people who are not knowing of the situation. the lady i spoke with to activate the card never once told me about the catalog. so i called and cancelled thank God i was able too:(
THIS IS A SCAM- RIP OFF!!
 7th of Apr, 2008 by   eric 0 Votes
this was so helpful you just sved me alo of money thanks
 7th of Apr, 2008 by   karina araujo 0 Votes
LPC sucks!!!
 17th of Apr, 2008 by   Jennifer 0 Votes
Thank you for the info. This has saved me money
 25th of Apr, 2008 by   Helga 0 Votes
LPC Is NOT a scam, read your damn letter. and the company makes complete sense. people only read what they want to see.
 28th of Apr, 2008 by   Mellissa B Day 0 Votes
I worked for Low Pay Card and feel that the way the program is set up is nothing but legalized robbery. When you call to activate the card activations won't answer questions on the program nor will they give you the customer service number until you are activated and there is no other way to get the number. When you activate you agree to have the $79 Non refundable processing fee the refundable $120 activation fee and the first year membership fee of $198 debited from your bank account. Once you are activated you owe $79 processing fee even if you decide to cancel right away at that point everything else is canceled. Now if you cancel after your activation fee is submited to the bank you are canceling out of contract and that fee becomes non refundable. At this point the customer is advised they can cancel at any time and given the choice of canceling now with no refund or waiting for the package to come with the refund request form and to call at that time for refund number to get the $120 back. The problem now is when the customer calls they find out that once the activation fee is paid they now owe the non refundable first year membership fee of $198 and are given two choices get the $120 back and pay the $198 or let LPC keep the $120 and the $198 is wiped out. Other problems with the program is when you activate the reps talk so fast customers miss most of what is said and when they ask questions are told lets get you activated then we'll get you to customer service to answer those questions at which time it is to late they are out the $79. Customers are also told the welcome package will arrive in 7 to 10 days or 3 to 5 days if they select rush processing for an additional $19.95 after activation which most customers believe is from the date of the call but is actually from the date the activation fee funds with LPC which is 8 business days after the date the activation fee is submitted to the bank. The bad thing is even if you pay for rush processing it can take 3 to 4 weeks to recieve your package and the post office is blamed for the delay when in fact its because there is one guy that puts the packages together and mails them out. Customer service reps are discouraged from giving out to much information unless it is asked for and to keep calls to 3 minutes. I can no longer work for this company and keep a clean conciense and I apologize to everyone I ever talked to while working for LPC.
 29th of Apr, 2008 by   Benjamn Reeder 0 Votes
Man am I glad that I checked this out before activating. As i sat in front of my laptop, check book in hand, waiting for the "great deals" to be showered upon me I ran across many testimonials of the poor individuals who were scammed by this company. As much as it sucks to hear about your losses not only did it save me but I'm sure it will save countless other poor souls before they are suckered into this mess. As I put my check book back into my pocket I thank all of you for your comments.
 13th of May, 2008 by   Bob 0 Votes
As a former employee, I can assure you 100% that it is in fact a scam. LPC's president actively monitors these sites and posts stuff on them like "LPC is great!" "LPC is not a scam!" Unfortunately for him, the majority has spoken. It is a scam. No ifs, ands, or buts about it. Read the comments from the other former employee. They are 100% accurate. Don't be fooled by Dan Afrasiabi and his band of crooks.
 22nd of May, 2008 by   gabriellb 0 Votes
i just got the lpc universal 1 today saying i was up to 7, 500
i knew right away this was not right . they got ahold of my email my address and phone number i went to check out the site but this card is going in the trash sorry no activation today. i hate scams
 22nd of May, 2008 by   LATOYA TRUEBLOOD 0 Votes
GLAD I LOOKED UP THE SITE BOY OH BOY SCAMS ARE EVERYWHERE!
 2nd of Jun, 2008 by   kulwant klair 0 Votes
i triee to get my refund back from one month, it seems like this is a big scam . next thing i will do close myaccount
 6th of Jun, 2008 by   Jared 0 Votes
I feel so stupid. i was hoping that i would be able to use this card to purchase stuff from their catalogue and sell it to pawn shops so i could raise money to get back into school. I knew it was too good to be true.
 7th of Jul, 2008 by   Amber 0 Votes
I am really upset, with the fact they took my money out of my account not the way that was arranged and then i try to get in touch with them and i cant. No number. They took my money in May and i have yet seen a catalouge or the card. This is a huge ripoff. It has to be they wont even give you a number to reach them. So if anyone knows a number please post. The number they use to take the money out of your account, is not a number to reach them, its out of service.
 8th of Jul, 2008 by   Kyesha 0 Votes
 8th of Jul, 2008 by   Jonathon 0 Votes
I recieved the card in the mail today. It does seem like a good deal but I think that if you have to give them your bank account information, it is a rip off. This should not be legal.
 11th of Jul, 2008 by   Charee 0 Votes
I strongly agree with everyone that thinks the card is a RIPOFF because it is. There is no way someone is going to give you a 8500 limit unless you have perfect credit. Try Capital One!!
 2nd of Aug, 2008 by   dexter 0 Votes
I recieved the LPC card a few days ago. I did not have time to activate it or read into it right away. When I got the time, I went online to see the products that were offered and immediately all of the bad comments and bad reviews came up. Thankyou to everyone who posted comments, you saved me from a headache and a finacial loss.

What's New in Smart Phones