logo

Afremov.com
SCAM
3. (9 mins ago)
LG Electronics USA
Warn your friends and family
4. (11 mins ago)

Posted:    Dennis Kearney

Hidden Charges

Loveme.com
Phoenix, Arizona
Many, many hidden charges. Women not real.
Comments United States Online Scams
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

20th of Jul, 2010 by   doublej19 0 Votes
loveme.com is a scam site. I met 2 women on that site who didn't want to give me their personal contact information after several emails, even though our communication was going exceptionally well, thus forcing me to pay $10 every time I wrote and received a letter to their women. I'm not even sure whom I was corresponding with. It may have been someone from loveme.com writing me, pretending to be the woman in the profile. When I wrote to some guy named Juan Carlos who works at loveme.com about this, he didn't even bother to answer my letter.
 23rd of Jul, 2010 by   Dennis Kearney 0 Votes
I paid extra for their private email address. After canceling my membership, I wrote to those addresses and never received a response. One lie after another. It's a scam to rip lonely people off.
 29th of Sep, 2010 by   curtisom1 0 Votes
yah, i suspect them too.
its like an auto mechanics shop: a profitable shop rips you off while at the same time fixing your car. also, they'll rip you off by replacing stuff that doesn't need replacing and sabotaging perfectly good parts. Then they fix your car, charge you and arm and a leg and you're down the road.

i send a letter to Jane. it is answered by site worker Bernard, posing as Jane. back and forth we go; ka-ching, ka-ching. I am being ripped off. However, another seeker, Tom, signs up for a tour; goes and meets a real woman and gets married. Tom's success story gets posted on the site. The site stays profitable and keeps a good reputation while robbing me because it fixed up Tom (by no good doing on its part, its just that Tom paid big bucks to take a tour to a foreign country.) I have no way of proving I have been sharing letters with Bernard and not Jane. ka-ching, ka-ching.
 25th of Oct, 2010 by   Prettyboy 0 Votes
I have identical photos sent to me by what is represented on the Loveme.com website as two different women. The photos are not just of the same model. They are identical photos send by two "different" girls. This is a smoking gun. You can look up the two girls by ID number on the site yourself. The ID numbers of the girls are 115719 and 115778.

I started writing several years ago and at the time the response rate from the girls was low, but when someone did write, she was genuine. I met two fiancees and and had great relationships with the girls I met in person. Now the response rate has skyrocketed. It is now much more difficult to tell the real from the fakes. You will have to pay a lot of money for correspondence to sort them out yourself. I am sure that with this system, the profits of Loveme.com have skyrocketed, but sadly they have made a conscious decision to sacrifice the good reputation they once had.
 9th of Nov, 2010 by   Von Paulus 0 Votes
They were sending lots of little short replies and I complained, but now the replies seem to be more genuine with your questions answered - but they still withold direct contact. I have written to many real women and also scams in the past, so I know the difference and it makes me very suspicious of this agency.
 29th of Nov, 2010 by   tom.sin 0 Votes
I been using afa for 7 years. I was corresponding with one girl with one girl for two years and she was real. Talked all the time on phone i even got a video she sent me the actual mini dv tape, but after two years she stopped contacting me it was my fault actually cause of the demands i was asking. Eventually she turned out to be a digger and i wont get into the exact details. So after a year to get over it i used afa again and found another lady and we been writing for 3 years. I didnt want to make same mistake with this one so i was very careful of what sent and requested. After i am confident she is legit i sent her a netbook and now we video chat for free. Yes the price of writting letters back and forth is robbery, but if find the one you think is legit and genuine then you can find an alternative to communicate at a lesser price. Some times id spend 80 bux a month and at least 40 a month for 3 years. I know its a lot of money. Now since i got her a netbook which cost me 262, we can video chat and send pictures for free. She understands all i done to make this work while cutting my cost as i no longer need to use the afa agency. So my point is you will hit or miss and it may cost too much at first, but if you find the one then you can find a way to make it work without the high prices the agency charges. As for me situation i tried to see her in her country twice but things came up. First time i had to cancel flight cause lost my job. Then this year she didnt want me to come during a time she will be busy with school and work. But now i am busy with nursing school. She will be done with her school next summer but i wont be free untill at least spring 2012. So i cant say how it ends but she seems genuine about giving us a chance at a happy ending. Hope this helps
 5th of Dec, 2010 by   CPED/Nurse2010 0 Votes
Just returned from a AFA trip. Had a great time. Best vacation in a ling time!
 21st of Dec, 2010 by   dunesurfer 0 Votes
Scam site. BEWARE!

The girl either responding is people working at this site, OR, the girls get a cut from the money you pay to their replies. This is to encourage to the girls to keep you writing!

Don' t bother. Their support don't even answer emails. If that's not a sure sign these guys are fakes, making money off the tours, then you're going to be had.
 1st of Jan, 2011 by   Zeke41 0 Votes
Caveat Emptor! Don't be fooled guys. They took me for well over $400. The girls started sending the same text to several different men. Me and a buddy tested this out. Done by staffers to be sure. Go to the supermarket or laundromat to meet chicks, at least they are real.
 4th of Jan, 2011 by   ckgroub 0 Votes
They are for real and the women are wonderful I met my wife in Russia at a loveme.com socail, can't imagine my life without her and my children!
 4th of Jan, 2011 by   ckgroub 0 Votes
I have to disagree with the customer service comment as well. They have always gotten back to me promptly, normally within 24 hours, and resolved any issue I was having.
 24th of Mar, 2011 by   Alex2myfriends 0 Votes
I checked this sight out, and have looked at for years. I have found that the support is slow, and information is very sparse. I have also seen girls on there, same pictures, different names. Or even same name, but on twice in two profiles. You wonder, did they move so put up a new profile, or they weren't getting good results from one so put up another? I have tracked girls that have come and gone, and it seems the legit girls aren't there long. I have also asked what happens to them over time, no answer. Can they show all these girls got married? No. They say they "fall off" meaning they stopped paying dues at their end. The only way to do it is go there. The president of the company told me years ago, don't do the mail, get on the plane, that way you meet real girls. There is an option to fly there with your own arrangements, which are cheaper than theirs, and then pay an admission price, that works out a little cheaper. But you have more freedom. Good luck, I found mine in US on the web.
 26th of Mar, 2011 by   joseph wilson 0 Votes
The site cost much money, The lady I met and after 4 years of visiting and helping her she ran off with everything, We went to Botoga for her visa she lied about her past but the process cost about 4 big ones. Beware of the latin ladies they will scam you . I pay for my lesson in latin ladies. It best to meet her and go vist her . Joe
 22nd of Jun, 2011 by   whammy737 0 Votes
I am currently in contact with that company and speaking with VP bud patterson... I am having issues with there email.. but some of you people should be more rational.. If they have slots on numerous news channels including oprah and the today show I don't think they are a scam agency... Nothing is ever gonna be scam proof.. individual people posting pics that are scammers are gonna happen... they are in effective and recognized affiliations and saying the company is scamming you is a very tall order.. who all do you think they are scamming?? if 10 plus years of national media coverage is not enough. . . your not going to be convinced lol.. I think they are learning to be functuional in some instances.. and they might not be MSN but the VP is responding within 48hours... every single time and I am wearing him out.. lol he probably hates my address by now.. and they have been profesional, respectful and very prompt...with this they have been so good that I feel offended they're being bashed... I think they have issues they are technical issues if they are there and not in anyway scams associated with this company... Human error will happen.. objectivly look at your situation before you call scam... IMBRA plays a part in the emails . If you sent personal information she has to ok it 1st off... you are writing over international lines... how much of this did you consider?? did you consider that maybe if you waited until your stuff cancelled to write a woman on a site that avg 7 engagements a day.. maybe you waited to long?? did you consider women there often will not say not interested because they can be labelled as scams out of anger? it's a very valid issue on the other side of the pond.. and a lot of men are that shallow... If you meet someone and spend multiple years knowing them how do you attack the company?? I can't even tell if there is anyone who has an actual complaint because of all the ones that are just.. lack of thought
 6th of Jul, 2011 by   Gribbs 0 Votes
I have spent many many hundreds and I decided to ask the girl to send me a pic of her holding a piece of paper with my name on it...she stopped messaging me immediately!! I asked the next girl to do the same and she almost got angry and sent me studio shots again. I cant even seem to get pics of the girls with their family or friends even when I ask!! And once I got an email with zero text in it so I asked for a refund of $14.49...twice and still no reply from AFA. My faith in this company is running very low. Given they control the whole communication between us men and their women, in my eyes, it makes them 100% responsible for any scamming that may occur! The other websites like Cupid or Sugar Daddie or Millionaire Match allow the exchange of contact details which then helps you to weed out the scammers from the real people. I have ZERO possible way of confirming the legitimacy of AFA and their girls...sad that people in this world will rip people off when they are emotionally vulnerable :(
 10th of Jul, 2011 by   Jay - 0 Votes
I have been reading some of the posts here and I thought I would chime in and respond. A Foriegn Affair is not a scam. The women are real. Just like if you were to send an email to an Ameican woman you saw on match or eharmony; you may or not get a reply. These women do get a lot of emails and they have had a lot of guys waste their time. I guarantee if you said you were coming to their city within 2 months; your chances of getting a response would be much greater. You would show them that your not a as AFA would say a "Keyboard Romeo". Your a man who takes action. AFA estimates that only 10 % of the guys writing will ever get on a plane and meet them.

As far as the fees charges to use their email system. When you use their email system, it also includes translations.. It is a business and it's not a charity, If they didn't charge, the women would get much more letters and it would decrease everyones chances of getting a response. Also if you don't want to be the one who initiates the first email you can check a box in you AFA profile that you would like interested women to contact you first.

The alternative to sending emails through their system is to order email address through their Platinum membership $95. It would give you the option to order 100 email addresses, if you would like to continue the membership the following month they will charge you $29.95 for another 100 email address. How it works is you write your letter and email it to a virtual address. The woman accepts the email and when she resonds you have her real email address and you can email each other. If you sent 100 emails and only got a 5 % response, you now have 5 real women that you can communicate with. The only issue is that there is no translation service involved. However there is a free translation software at translate.google.com

For the person who claimed that AFA Profiles 115719 and 115778 are the same from 2 different prolifes. When I checked their profiles, they are 2 different women and it is not the same woman for both profiles. They are the same age and they live in different cities in the Ukraine.

As far as making special requests that the woman take a picture holding a piece of paper with your name. The woman may not have access to a camera and may think the request is weird. If you really would like to see the woman in a different picture, you can send her a gift through AFA and for an additonal $10 you can get a picture of her holding the present. It will cost you some money, but if you are serious about meeting this woman with the intention of bringing her home and marrying her, it a relatively small cost to pay. I have done this a couple of times and it is a great way to prove that the woman is real and that your gift was received.

Emails are great, but there is nothing like getting chemistry face to face. That's the trick meeting them face to face.

I did the Latin Club in Peru and I had dates with at least 12 women from their website. They are real and they are beautiful.

I hope this helps
 10th of Jul, 2011 by   Jay - -1 Votes
One more thing that I forgot to mention in my earlier post. It's regarding the women sending the exact same introduction letter to every guy she writes. It is possible that someone in the agency office where the woman is located helps the woman compose the letter and then translates it for them when it's written. If a woman had to write 20 original letters that she was going to write to 20 different guys, it could be quite time comsuming and challenging. I know when I sent introduction letters to women, I used the same introduction letter, so I wouldn't be surprised if a woman did the same thing.

It's when you get the 2nd and 3rd letters from the woman it needs to be original because she is responding to your letter and things you have asked about her and she is replying about things you wrote about yourself.
 11th of Jul, 2011 by   Art Vandolaye 0 Votes
Jay must be in need of some stronger old man bifocals. Those girls in IDs 115719 and 115778 are clearly either the same girl, or identical twins. If you cant see this redflag, then you must be blind or desparately looking for love. -Art Vandolay
 22nd of Jul, 2011 by   loveme scam 0 Votes
Floriane (111194)

My name is Mark and I’m from Ofallon, MO. USA.

You think loveme.com or A Foreign Affair is not a scam? Read this.

I thought you might like to know a about that site and how they set me up with a 16 year old child.

I’ve been using AFA for many years and have spent thousands and thousands and thousands of dollars. I started chatting with a girl last year, 2010, and she said her name was Floriane, a 20 years old girl from the Philippines. After months and months of online chatting through AFA I decided to fly to the Philippines and visit her. On my third trip and almost $10, 000 later I became good friends with her family. It was on the last trip I found out the truth.

After a family member confessed while profusely crying, she told me Floriane was never the one corresponding with me from AFA it was the agency’s staff (AFA) that was writing all the letters to me. Floriane never even knew I existed until a short time before I decided to go there. AND to make things worse Floriane was only 16 year old, now only 17 and I’m in my 40’s, she was suppose to be 20. I flew half way around the world to a third world county unaware I was meeting a child, I could have been thrown in prison over there, one attorney I’ve spoken with suggested that may be considered child trafficking.

While I was in the office of Loveme.com/AFA in Cebu City, Philippines, I was told by the AFA staff that Floriane was a very popular girl, meaning at $9.99 for every email a guy sends AND $9.99 for every email received, their making a lot of money from scamming people like me. Of course I have proof of all this.

Now I’m going public with my story. I’m going to write each and every one of the news agencies (over 100 they claim) and every other well known TV agency not listed on AFA and tell them my story and I’m going to keep sending this letter out until someone does a story on the real truths behind the over seas dating scam sites like loveme.

I did talk to the owner John Adams personally and of course he said he is very concerned about this and didn’t know she was 16, AND sometimes the agency DOES send letters on the girls behalf but the girl knows about that, which is all bullshit. First of all, it’s costing me $9.99 to speak to their staff? No one told me I was speaking to the staff…

Well I knew within the first half hour of meeting Floriane that something was wrong because she didn’t even know anything about me. The things we have been talking about for the last 6 months she couldn’t remember, why? Because she didn’t know me. She told me personally she never knew me or wrote one litter to me the staff was doing it all so the company could make $9.99 a pop off me.

But John Adams was so nice to me on the phone, he even offered to give me all my money back that I spent talking to Floriane Which was about $700 in letters but he didn’t feel he should pay back the airfare and hotel expenses I paid going back and forth on 3 occasions because of his scam site. Now why would he pay back the $700? Was he trying to be nice? HELL NO he knows all I have to do is call my credit card company and dispute the charges and he will be forced to give back the money and that don’t look good for his site. AND you know what? it looks like that’s what I’m going to have to do because to this day they have not sent one red cent to me.

So all you people on this blog that says AFA/loveme is not a scam your either working for the site or you got lucky and met a legitimate girl. My advise, NEVER SEND MONEY TO A GIRL OR A SITE UNLESS YOU CAN PHYSICALLY SEE HER ON A CAM AND EXCHANGE PERSONAL INFO. And if you have to pay to see your girl on cam you know your being scammed.

John Adams, you know your site scammed me and is scamming people, you lied to me about sending my $700 back. You keep it, I’ll get it back through the credit card companies BUT I’m going to be a thorn in your ass for a long time just for the fact you lied to me.

Also, I never want anyone else to feel the pain I felt because of this this scam site. So I’m going to flood the internet with the truth.

Just for the record, I was also scammed about 5 years ago by a girl from this site. It turned out she was scamming people and I was just about to fly over to Ukraine to meet her when I found out. I already paid my $4000+ to AFA for the social I was going to attend, they did refund about $1200 of the $4000, their so fair!

The fact is, about 95% of the guys talking to these girls never go to meet them, they just keep paying the $9.99 a letter on a hope one day they will go there. The other 5% that do go, 3% get fooled and never know they where scammed and leave there thinking it just didn’t workout with the girl and the other 2% really do find love. It’s a very expensive and time consuming gamble.

A big red flag is, you can NEVER exchange personal info and you cant physically talk on live video. They do everything they can to keep you from physical contact to keep you on the hook. Use your common sense people. This is the most expensive site out there and your being scammed, still don’t believe me? Keep paying like I did, you’ll find out just like I did or you’ll just run out of money.

While I was heart broken staying in my hotel room, the guy that went with me was dating 2 girls a day using Cherry Blossoms, he never used AFA. I did finally find a very sweet girl from the Philippines and on Cherry Blossoms and now we are getting married, were just waiting for her visa to be approved AND I think it cost me about $60 total to meet her. Use a site where you can video chat and talk and exchange personal info.

Here is the girls name and AFA number. Floriane (111194)

I’m told she is a very popular girl, I hope your not one of the guys that was scammed. But I’m sure if you were, your refund is in the mail.

Need pics or have question? Email me at AFA_Scam@yahoo.com
 27th of Jul, 2011 by   jennysong 0 Votes
I want find my true love and I also sign in lots of sites but some sites always let me disppoint because my criedt card always was paid in vain. There also some fake profile.But when sign in the site:SUGAR''CU'''''PID.com. I found my true love. The site is a serious safe site and the best for online dating beginners and serious people. I found my love here. I have to say it's he best site I have ever joined so far. They verify all members. Unlike other sites, NO scammers or fake profiles here, and you can meet many rich or beautiful singles as well, including celebs, famous stars.BEST OF LUCK! It 's where you have the opportunity dreaming about dating a millionaire and make it true.

New American Dream: Rent, Not Own?

Latest Groups