Scam and cheating

I was a LoveFilm member. When I decided to cancel my account I sent all my DVD's back to them. 6 months later I got a letter from their debt collection agency stating I still owed them the DVD's and that if I didn't pay up within 1 week they would take me to court and damage my credit rating.

I called up the debt collection agency, all their attitude was that I had to pay the £80 there and then and sort out the dispute with LoveFilm. I was also told that I was responsible if the discs got lost in the post, not LoveFilm.

At first I refused to pay but the woman on the phone warned me that if I didn't pay they would add more money to the account as an administration charge, I was also re-assured by this company that if LoveFilm do find the discs they would re-imburse me the money.

I paid the £80 to save any further charges and then contacted LoveFilm regarding the amount. LoveFilm confirmed they had received 2 of the 3 films that had gone missing in the post back months ago, they also told me that they were liable for them going missing in the post, and that they'd re-imburse me the £80.

This promise to re-imburse me was made in 2007, it is now currently 2009 and I am still awaiting payment from LoveFilm for the £80.
Complaint comments Comments (4) Complaint country United States Complaint category DVD Order & Rental
Was the above complaint useful?

9th of Feb, 2011 by    0 Votes
Cancelled my membership back in July 2009. They confirmed that by email. But it didn't stop them debiting my account, over and over again. At least six times. Finally I wrote requesting a refund. They didn't reply. I complained again. They told me to wait. I waited two months. They didn't reply so I wrote again. This time no reply at all. UNLAWFUL SCAM. AVOID.
 14th of Feb, 2011 by    0 Votes
New customer, 30 days free - Exceelent - NOT, they started trying to bill me form the start, but then thier payments system went down and they tried 4 times to take from my card, this blocked my card, they then sent me to a debt collection company for £10 (ten pounds) because thier patyments sytem wouldnt take my payments, when t=the system was running, they took 3 payments from me which sent me overdrawn, costing me £55, when I called them, the customer advisor said, its not our fault your card doesnt work with us.
 27th of May, 2011 by    0 Votes

LoveFilm - arrival of ones last dvd during free trial
United Kingdom

when one takes out a free trial with this company they appear to delay sending one the last dvd until it is near impossible to cancel your account within the allotted 30 days . i posted back a dvd to them on friday 20th may and was wondering why i did not receive anymore dvds until today.27th nay .quite simple really my free trial ends on the 28th. Beware folks this has happened to 3 of my friends and YOU CANT CANCEL WITH THIS LOT ONLINE., and can wait for an eon to get through by phone, and when one finally gets contacted you are hit by a barrage of special offers, and you are paying for the call i would suggest that anyone thinking of signing up to jot down on ones message board etc. the start date. and cancel any package at least 7 days prior to end of agreed timespan. what part of cancel do these people not understand..stick with blockbuster.
.by the way ta for saving me cash by not signing up with Drivefetch
cheers all...macsquawk
 8th of Jun, 2011 by    0 Votes
I took 30 Day free subscription with LoveFilm and the same thing happened to me. I phoned to cancel and they said the payment was due in 3 days and they had already dispatched a DVD but I hadnt had an email to say it was on its way. So I paid for a months subscription and sent the DVDs back from the free trial then phoned to cancel and they said again the DVD was on its way and I wouldnt get a refund from the months subscription. I can see whenever I phone to cancel they are going to say a DVD is on its way. I have cleared any DVDs on my want list and will try to cancel again. BEWARE!!

Contact Us