logo

Percom
Unprofessional, lazy,and incompetent instructors
2. (2 mins ago)
pobama25@europe.com is Legit
fake id and fake passport
3. (3 mins ago)

Posted:    H0lle

Scam and cheating

LoveFilm
lovefilm.com
I was a LoveFilm member. When I decided to cancel my account I sent all my DVD's back to them. 6 months later I got a letter from their debt collection agency stating I still owed them the DVD's and that if I didn't pay up within 1 week they would take me to court and damage my credit rating.

I called up the debt collection agency, all their attitude was that I had to pay the £80 there and then and sort out the dispute with LoveFilm. I was also told that I was responsible if the discs got lost in the post, not LoveFilm.

At first I refused to pay but the woman on the phone warned me that if I didn't pay they would add more money to the account as an administration charge, I was also re-assured by this company that if LoveFilm do find the discs they would re-imburse me the money.

I paid the £80 to save any further charges and then contacted LoveFilm regarding the amount. LoveFilm confirmed they had received 2 of the 3 films that had gone missing in the post back months ago, they also told me that they were liable for them going missing in the post, and that they'd re-imburse me the £80.

This promise to re-imburse me was made in 2007, it is now currently 2009 and I am still awaiting payment from LoveFilm for the £80.
Comments United States DVD Order & Rental
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

9th of Feb, 2011 by   Adam_L 0 Votes
Cancelled my membership back in July 2009. They confirmed that by email. But it didn't stop them debiting my account, over and over again. At least six times. Finally I wrote requesting a refund. They didn't reply. I complained again. They told me to wait. I waited two months. They didn't reply so I wrote again. This time no reply at all. UNLAWFUL SCAM. AVOID.
 14th of Feb, 2011 by   NIGELSL 0 Votes
New customer, 30 days free - Exceelent - NOT, they started trying to bill me form the start, but then thier payments system went down and they tried 4 times to take from my card, this blocked my card, they then sent me to a debt collection company for £10 (ten pounds) because thier patyments sytem wouldnt take my payments, when t=the system was running, they took 3 payments from me which sent me overdrawn, costing me £55, when I called them, the customer advisor said, its not our fault your card doesnt work with us.
DISGUSTING, NEVER GOING BACK, NEVER RECCOMMENDING THEM, BAD, HORRIBLE COMPANY