logo

Scam ?

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Louis Vuitton, San Jose, California Complaints & Reviews - Defective Merchandise and Poor Customer Service

Louis Vuitton Contacts & Informations

Louis Vuitton

Posted:    Tina

Defective Merchandise and Poor Customer Service

Louis Vuitton
San Jose, California
Phone: 1-866-884-8866
Louis Vuitton bags carry poor quality and worst customer service I ever experienced with a luxury merchandise retailer!!!

In April 2010 I bought a brown LV bag over $1000 from Westfield Mall San Jose CA. In June I noticed the top edge of leather trim is starting peeling off. On June 12 2010 I took it back to the same store I bought it. I waited over 30 minutes alone to finally speak to one of managers Danielle. She looked at the bag and told me that the bag was not defective and it was the way I wear the bag (my body rubbing the bag) and caused the peeling. She also said the bag was not made from steel. She said the natual leather is fragile and should be taking good care of (??? I guess to take a good care of is to put on the shelf and do not use it???). I told her how could I caused the peeling as I totally wear the bag just for two weeks because I exchang bags from week to week. I also told her that I have all the designer bags and none of them have the problem within months after I purchased and used it. she did not listen. She said she could send another manager for a different opinion. I said OK. Then I was left alone for another 30 minutes. Another lady manager Neu (asian???) came and inspected the bag. She said the same thing. No matter how I explained it, they just said it was not a defective merchandise. They did not offer repair even I asked for it. Their attitudes were careless and rude. Of course they felt uncomfortable while I was standing there alone as other customers passed by me and eyed on my bag. They told me good luck. The two managers also told me to lower the voice and be quiet. How funny! Since I was going no where with them, I left the store and called the corporate office. A lady called Jusin (???) told me to take the bag to Palo Alto or San Francisco for another inspection. My godness. It must be kidding! I have to make another trip, wait for a manager to inspect the bag, take picture, send it in to determine it was the merchandise problem or reject me again!!!

LV bags are supported by a lot of asian people. Somehow asian clients are the royal clients to them. However, from now on, I will NOT buy any LV products at all!!! I don't like the way they treat customers: rude and ignoant and take no responsibility. It also the poor quality of the bag that no employees seem to care to solve the issue. I own many top designer bags and none of them like LV bag worn out that quickly. Frankly I use them very carefully and the bags look almost new every time I take out from the dust bag. I put the clean bags in the own dust bags and put them in the dark closet on the floor. Any how I will be calling my credit card company to get it involved ASAP. I am just tired to be ripped off by big corporation who just want the money but no responsibility!
Comments United States Clothing, Shoes & Acc
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

16th of Jun, 2010 by   midge87 0 Votes
The above person is off their rocker. I have many leather items, bags, coats, shoes, etc. and have never once used leather cleaner or moisturizers on them and they are years old, in perfect condition. A bag someone spends hundreds of thousands of dollars should not fray when only worn a couple hours here and there. My cheap bags don't do that so there's no way in hell my LV should.
Something tells me LV is trying to cut costs in these trying times and are turning out poor quality items while continuing to raise prices. I'm thinking people need to boycott them. I have had nothing but poor CS as of late and if they can't be bothered to treat the customers (who are paying thousands to them) with a bit of class then screw 'em.
 16th of Jun, 2010 by   midge87 0 Votes
Stealth, you're wrong, honey. I'm saying my expensive bags don't get special treatment and they are in perfect condition. My cheaper bags which are REAL 100% leather also don't do this. So it's poor quality that LV is shelling out right now. You shouldn't have to coddle a bag in order for it not to start shredding itself. That's poor craftsmanship that does not reflect the price tag.
 16th of Jun, 2010 by   Tina -1 Votes
Reply to "midge87":

yes I do own leather coat, leather pants, leather skit, top designer leather bags from all the designer names you mostly could think of. I do clean them and take care of them. However I never ran into problem that a brand new bags only wear 1-2 hours here and there and started peeling on the edge of the leather trim just days after I bought it. 99% of leather goods I have no complaints at all!

I do believe the quality of LV bag that I purchased is poor! My credit card company also agrees with me too!
 16th of Jun, 2010 by   midge87 0 Votes
I never said you didn't, I was simply saying that even if you weren't to do such a thing they shouldn't start falling apart like that.
So by your last statement does that mean you got a refund? Hope so, though if you did I hope you also sent the bag back.
 20th of Jun, 2010 by   MichaelAIL -2 Votes
I can honestly say that I do not own any Louis Vuitton bags due to the fact that i am a guy. So due to the posts on here I can safely assume that everyone else of womanhood. Which in turn, anything I say will sound brutish and mannish but here goes.

My first question to you is,
If you've got all these bags that you own that are also of high quality, or top brands, what is the defining factor in you purchasing a bag? Is it the necessity or use of the bag? is it the look of the bag? the NAME of the brand that your are purchasing? Is it the color or shape of the bag? or is it the quality?

Most of those questions were rhetorical, for the simple fact that, since you own so many bags, I am sure it's safe to assume that you buy bags because they 'look good' or desirable in the sense that it matches with your shoes, or attire. Or even something as unimportant to the sense that you 'just don't have it'. I can say with complete conviction that you did not buy the bag because you NEEDED the bag because it served some necessary purpose in your daily, weekly, monthly livings to where this said bag would change your lifestyle or even your day excluding how well you match. This Louis Vuitton bag was purchased because it looked good. And I reiterate my last statement, it LOOKED good. Looks do not always equate to quality. In fact most high end items have sub-par or even lower quality than 'cheap' items that you'd find at Wal-mart, K-mart or any other location not listed. So you were buying on the premise of looks alone.

Which leads me to my next subject,

When you're walking in to a store where everything you buy there is for luxury not necessity, their customer service my not always be up to par, because let's face it. When you spent $1, 000 dollars on a purse, you just spent probably their monthly [or at least 2 weeks] income on a PURSE. They are looking at you like, you're some sort of crazy lady, who can spend 1, 000 dollars all 'willy-nilly' but complain about thread counts or lack-thereof. I don't say that to be mean in any way. I say that, because it's the truth, honestly, they could care less about your 'problem'. It's like when someone has a friend, this friend has a boyfriend [or in my case a girlfriend] where they are complaining that all they want to do is have sex all day, and they are mr. kingkongdingdong and that he makes her finish 2-6 times each time, but her major complaint is 'sometimes I just need some sleep'. Obviously, I am being sort of fecetious in that last statement. But the moral of the story is still the same, you have no 'real' sympathy for her 'problem' because if you were in their shoes, you'd love to have that same 'problem'.

But finally, If you have the money to buy a purse like that, if and when it gets damaged aren't there tailors... that deal with purses, or repairs of purses. I would assume that in a market that is 95% woman driven [reserve 5% for transsexual, cross dressers, fanny pack wearing men] there would be someone smart enough to start a purse repair place... Does a location such as this, not exist? If not, I know where my next business venture will lead me.
 20th of Jun, 2010 by   midge87 +2 Votes
So, Michael is an asshole, I get it now.

Listen, it is the rare male who shops for LV that is a "transexual". The company produces briefcases, wallets, and the like. What, a big masculine man like you does not use such things? Are wallets above your daily use, good sir? Thought not.

What you are telling this person is that they shelled out lots of money and they should expect it to fall apart. What makes sense in that statement? That's right, nothing. You buy a bag from such a company for the quality.

Also, the sales clerks are NOT judging you based on how /much/ you spend but more on how /little/ you spend. They expect that you will be buying a lot there. You realize they work on commission, right, princess? No, of course you don't because you don't actually take the time to /know/ about what you blab on about you just like to type up a dickless rant.

I find it odd that you would bring up your friend's getting some while you are not. That's sad for you, I'm sure, but no reason to start hating women.
 20th of Jun, 2010 by   MichaelAIL -2 Votes
Midge - As I stated in the beginning, I was talking about Louis Vuitton purses. Not wallets, not briefcases, not suits. Purses, which again, I stated before beginning what I had said. If that statement I made didn't clear it up, you can call me whatever you like. But, I already made it clear for anyone reading. I guess I should have mentioned it 4 or 5 more times.

I didn't tell her that buying this bag is of low quality, I stated a fact. The fact is [which was also stated in my post] just because it is a name brand product, doesn't make it superior to a non name brand product. I didn't tell her that she bought an inferior product, nor did i even imply that. Because it is not an inferior product, but for someone to have the notion that just because it's a LV bag that it should be the best made product in the entire universe is just a giant misconception.

Midge - Sales clerks are judging you based on how much you spend. They WANT you to spend more of course, it's a business, and yes, they do get commissions. I don't know if you know this though, they only get a very, very, very, small commission. So a person who is buying the bag for 1, 0000 dollars the person who rings up the purchase earns a whole extra 13 dollars if even that. Ask if you don't believe me.

I type up a dickless rant? haha. I like you more and more as I read on. I realize exactly what I am 'blabbing' about considering I own my own business. My family has their own business as well [which I am not affiliated with]. So I understand all of it from a business aspect. But if you would have read my entire post [as i've stated several times] I don't own any purses, don't know much about purses in general but understand business.

I think you may need to re-read my entire post, because everything your typing is misconstrued from what I actually said. I never brought up MY friends getting some while I am not. I am a guy... the ENTIRE thing read:

"It's like when someone has a friend, this friend has a boyfriend [or in my case a girlfriend] where they are complaining that all they want to do is have sex all day, and they are mr. kingkongdingdong and that he makes her finish 2-6 times each time, but her major complaint is 'sometimes I just need some sleep'. Obviously, I am being sort of fecetious in that last statement"

The whole time as i stated at the end I was being FECETIOUS, which that means joking, kidding, having fun with. Ultimately I was not being serious with that post in any way, nor was it a representation of myself and / or conversations with myself or any friends involved. Firstly, because I am a GUY which again was stated in the beginning of my original post, and the beginning of this post. The story also had to do with GIRLS as in a conversation AMONGST girls, ABOUT one[singular] Guy. Not about guys talking about girls... Why in the world would I call A girl that I'm [or my friend] having too much sex with 'mr.king-kong-ding-dong?

This paragraph [in original post] was to convey one thing and one thing only - that to some other girls who aren't getting any [I will be a dick at this point in the conversation] which, in your case, you DEFINITELY aren't or at least not enough. Will wish that they were having the same problem, because she's talking about having sex too often, when you're not get it at all. Which side would you prefer?

In the end of my post, I gave a concrete suggestion and solution. Which is what this website is also for. Someone has a problem, we [should] help come up with a solution. You all are babbling about leather and taking care of it and lotion this and lotion that. What kind of solution does that give her? Does that fix her frayed purse? does that change the situation she is in? I told her take it to a tailor [now again as i said, i don't know if these exist, people who fix your purse] but that's a solution, and it's better than ranting about some dumb ass lotion.

And on a final note, I don't hate women, I love women. I really think you hate men, because everything you've responded back to me was directly to me [a man] everything that you claimed I said, was not true in any way. You took it that way, because you have some problem with men in your life. I'm sorry for that, but don't take your frustrations whether it be sexual or menstrual out on me. I did nothing to you, nor did I make fun of Transsexuals or gays or midgets or giants or blacks or whites or fats and skinnys. I stated nothing but facts, with some of my opinion and ended it with a solution.

What the fuck have you done?
 20th of Jun, 2010 by   midge87 +1 Votes
Hmm, yes, you must be right, because you have a penis. All you go on and on about is how you're a guy and you are the end all be all. Princess, that just ain't true.

I like how because I called you out on your bs YOU'RE (are you unable to use the proper your/you're as well? Sad since YOU'RE the perfect buisness man, right?) trying to turn it around on me. Try not to project, hmm?

Ooo, and a strike and a miss on both counts. Darlin', I get enough sex and am on a shot so I don't do the PMS thing (do you know what PMS is, hon? I know you're just a man and can't be bothered to understand us gals) so my response to you was just based on pure fact and you've got nothing to pin it on otherwise.

Your suggestion was oh so marvelous, I do declare! This person just shelled out big bucks on a bag that HAS a warranty, what should she do? Well, according to your big manly words she should just play dead, cough up another hundred bucks or so and have someone fix it. Why, that is the dandiest suggestion yet. No, let's not have her stand up for herself and make the retailer honour their warranty. She's just a woman after all.

You keep on with your misogyny, sweetie, it suits you perfectly.
 20th of Jun, 2010 by   MichaelAIL -1 Votes
Haha, I made one error in 'you're' your. I'm the end all be all? Wow, I didn't really think I didn't know that we were that far in our relationship, sweetheart. I appreciate the compliments, and I know that I may have lead you on in to thinking that me and you could be boyfriend and girlfriend but unfortunately for you, I'm not a chubby chaser, so I'm going to have to say thanks, but no thanks. I will keep your number in my telephone just in case you drop a couple ham-hocks.

I don't think I am a perfect businessman (it's not business man by the way, one word.) I never said or implied, the only one implying it is you. And again, I thank you for the compliments, but I'm not a into girls who have a terrible personality and think that just because a man makes a comment on something [even if it's true] is a misogynist. I can tell from the way that you type that you are a total butch. Southern Belle Butch [minus the belle].

You may want to re-read her post as well, she never once said 'I have a warranty'. In fact, based off of her post, she doesn't have a warranty. Because if she did she could have just returned it with no problems. but also your last words 'let's not have her stand up for herself and make the retailer honour [are you british?] their warranty. She's just a woman after all.

The woman OBVIOUSLY did not stand up for herself enough because she didn't get a new purse.
I didn't say I wasn't going to honor her purse, the store did. The same store that was full of women, not MEN.
So you can say all you want about me being a misogynist, when it's quiet apparently that you're a butch, misandrist.

Oh and P.S. She never said whether she had a warranty or not. That means it's safe to assume that she did not. Considering she's a woman, and a woman is not smart enough to pay a couple extra dollars for the warranty. [There's your misogynist comment].

She never once mentioned she had a warranty.
 20th of Jun, 2010 by   midge87 +1 Votes
Oh, my dear, you're still trying to make assumptions. How cute of you. Darlin', no, not Southern nor British I just know the english language and like to be sweet. Not sure how you got "butch" from me calling you sweetie, but alright, doll, whatever you say, babe.

Now, honey, what did I say about you being wrong? You just continue to be so, yes you do. It's like watching a child thrash their chubby little fists in the air, face turning red, as they scream "I'm riiiiggghht.. I ammmm". Well, sug', it just ain't true. You are indeed wrong.

Why are you wrong you may ask, well, princess, I will tell you. Louis Vuitton bags, when bought from the proper retailer, ALWAYS come with a warranty. Something your mighty big man-brain would know if you'd bother to educate yourself. Though with the way you write and carry yourself I can see you are lacking in the education department. That's alright, hun, I like your pathetic little attepmts at wit amusing any how.

Since you just continue to fail to dig yourself out of that misogynistic hole you've dug yourself into perhaps you should take a break from the internet, hmm? I know it's probably past your bed time and your mother is going to be quite cross with you if you don't hurry off soon.
 20th of Jun, 2010 by   MichaelAIL -1 Votes
I think that me and you have built up too much sexual tension. We just need to fuck it out.

I'm a misogynist because you want me to be a misogynist. I bet every guy you know is a misogynist. By the way you talk, there has never been a man out there who has ever broken the mold from ape to man.
But you time and time again prove that, your are my perfect counter part. I'm the guy who loves to fuck a girl and leave her. You're the girl who's been fucked by too many guys and left every time. We are complete soul mates. Let's review the case:

"...don't do the PMS thing (do you know what PMS is, hon? I know you're just a man and can't be bothered to understand us gals) so my response to you was just based on pure fact and you've got nothing to pin it on otherwise." - Midge87

" ...according to your big manly words she should just play dead, cough up another hundred bucks or so and have someone fix it. Why, that is the dandiest suggestion yet." -Midge87

"The company produces briefcases, wallets, and the like. What, a big masculine man like you does not use such things? Are wallets above your daily use, good sir? Thought not." - Midge87

"... on commission, right, princess? No, of course you don't because you don't actually take the time to /know/ about what you blab on about you just like to type up a dickless rant." -Midge87

"So, Michael is an asshole, I get it now.

Listen, it is the rare male who shops for LV that is a "transexual"" -Midge87. I am going to ask what you mean there, since it's apparent you have no clue yourself.

"Something your mighty big man-brain would know if you'd bother to educate yourself. Though with the way you write and carry yourself I can see you are lacking in the education department. That's alright, hun, I like your pathetic little attepmts at wit amusing any how." -Midge87 I guess you as a woman, you don't know how to spell check do you?

It looks to me based off all these posts that If I'm a Misogynist, what the fuck are you? Every comment you made is condescending to all men, like you're the best thing since sliced bread.

I am so infuriated that tomorrow, every woman I see is going to get slapped, especially my future ex wife and her mom too :) They have you, my lovely E-bestie to thank for it. We should stop side stepping in our internet love quarrel, and just get hitched. I'm willing to look beyond your weight, because I can see the inner beauty you have. And I need it.
 20th of Jun, 2010 by   midge87 +1 Votes
Sweetheart, you seem to think you are all men because it is only YOU that is the asshole here. I have a boyfriend, have best friends who are male and have only one ex-boyfriend, who is still my friend. So no, I don't have hatred toward guys, only you, honey.

Poor dear, you do seem out of sorts. Even childhood comprehension skills are failing you. Go to bed now, darlin', your mother will explain all the facts that you've missed and the mistakes you've made when you're old enough to understand.
 20th of Jun, 2010 by   MichaelAIL -1 Votes
If you only 'hate me' then what's with all the comments about 'men' and not me specifically. Did you read those comments, you said MEN cant be bothered understanding women. Answer me that, cat in the hat.
 21st of Jun, 2010 by   midge87 +1 Votes
Wow, you are that dense. I mean, I knew you were dumb, but wow.
 21st of Jun, 2010 by   MichaelAIL -1 Votes
You didn't answer the question Rue paul. Please just answer the question.
 23rd of Jun, 2010 by   MichaelAIL -1 Votes
Guess I was correct.
Chalk 1 up for men! 16- total
Ladies 1, 123, 980
 20th of Jun, 2011 by   morphmaster +1 Votes
I wont be going to any LV stores again. Tried one in Westfield London - the staff had a chip on their shoulder and would not serve me, infact told me I was not allowed to stand where I was and had to move immediately, there where people to each side of me. I fired of an email to cust serv, doubt I'll hear back.
 14th of Sep, 2012 by   Palatio 0 Votes
Christ this is worse than reading YouTube comments...
 8th of Jan, 2013 by   hyhyh 0 Votes
If you are anything but an Asian female, you will be treated as a second class customer. That is my experience shopping at LV.
 22nd of Jan, 2013 by   Louis Vuitton no longer -1 Votes
I am disgusted with the quality and customer service at Saks Fifth Avenue (Troy, Mi.) and Louis Vuitton (Somerset Troy, Mi). I purchased a Retiro Bag from Saks Fifth Avenue in Sept. 2012. I was wearing it and it began to drizzle rain, by the time I got home approx. an hour later, the purse had tiny rain spots on the lighter color of the bag. I took it back and explained my concerns regarding the spots and Saks Fifth Avenue said that was normal. They wouldn't do anything, not even exchange for a purse that would be more durable. I then noticed this purse I had spent $1, 700.00 was no longer a "so called" structured bag. it became a floppy mess that collapses because the zipper was not stitched correctly, therefore buckling has occurred. I now have a spotted floppy mess of a purse. I have spoke to a manager at Louis Vuitton (Troy, Mi) and the manager at Saks Fifth Avenue Troy, Mi.) to no avail. My last resort was to email Louis Vuitton. Please Louis Vuitton don't disappoint me. I have bought your product since I was 18 and now am 53. I have purchased purses, Belts, wallets, a check book cover, change purse. My $1, 700.00 purse is defective, this needs your attention.

Back to School Savings