logo

3. (3 mins ago)
Socal Events Inc
Deceptive hiring practices
4. (29 mins ago)
Chennai Govt. MTC buses - (formerly PTC)
Crowded buses & worst roads

Posted: 2011-02-28 by    Jeremi

unclaimed money

lost money locators
Alabama
I submitted my name on this unclaimed money website called lost money locators and immediately after, a message pops up stating that, I have unclaimed money available. They sent me a telephone number and a confirmation number and told me to call. Well, I called and gave them my debit card infomation, they told me to call back in 72 hours so they can gather up my infomation which I did. And today when I called back, they said I didn't qualify.Because I didn't accept any of there vendors, But the 3.95 cents had already been debited out of my account. So when I asked the guy why was the money debited from my account if I didn't qualify. He gave me another 877 number to call and of course it was an automated service in-which no one answered. How could I have fell for that one...
Comments United States Unauthorized Charges
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

28th of Feb, 2011 by   va_girl 0 Votes
I hope that this is a joke...You gave your debit number to a pop-up website. You are lucky that you only lost $3.95. I would think about cancelling that card.
 9th of Apr, 2011 by   Alonzo Harris 0 Votes
We have not been able to do much direct research into this issue because of the lack of consumer information provided. Nonetheless, we can speak generally regarding what this customer experienced.
While customers are placing their order, we authorize the registration fee of $3.95. This money is not removed from any customers account until the order has been verified by a third party quality assurance company. During the confirmation process, customers are offered additional services and programs provided by our marketing partners. These partners allow us to offer our services at grossly discounted rates but are not mandatory. Customers may be offered additional sponsors or choose different payment options but orders are not typically declined simply because no affiliate was accepted. If for any reason an order is not completed, the authorization for the $3.95 is removed in 48 -72 hours. "Jeremi" may contact us directly and we will be happy to look into this further.

Lottery Scams