logo

Fraud

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

LIVING SPACES FURNITURE STORE Complaints & Reviews - SELLING DAMAGED FURNITURE AND FRAUDULENT CONTRACT

LIVING SPACES FURNITURE STORE Contacts & Informations

LIVING SPACES FURNITURE STORE

Posted:    Jackie31

SELLING DAMAGED FURNITURE AND FRAUDULENT CONTRACT

LIVING SPACES FURNITURE STORE
BUYER BEWARE!!! LIVING SPACES FURNITURE STORE FINE PRINT TELLS YOU THAT YOU CAN REFUSE TO TAKE DELIVERY OF DAMAGED FURNITURE . IN CASE THAT HAPPENS, YOU WILL NOT BE CHARGED RESTOCKING FEES.
WHAT LIVING SPACES DOESN'T TELL YOU IS THAT FIRST, THEY WILL TAKE BACK THE DAMAGED FURNITURE, AND THEN THEY WILL TURN AROUND AND CHARGE YOU NOT ONLY A $99.00 FEE FOR DELIVERY BUT AN ADDITIONAL $150.00 "RESTOCKING FEE, " IF THEY DECIDE THAT THEIR FURNITURE WAS NOT DAMAGED ENOUGH TO WARRANT YOU REFUSING TO TAKE DELIVERY.

RECENTLY, I BOUGHT AND ATTEMPTED TO TAKE DELIVERY OF A LEATHER COUCH SET ANS A COFFEE TABLE, NOT ONCE BUT TWO TIMES. BUT BOTH TIMES, I GOT DAMAGED FURNITURE -- THE LEGS OF THE SOFAS HAD MAJOR DINGS, THE LEATHER STITCHING WAS FRAYED, AND THERE WAS EVEN A RIP UNDERNEATH ONE OF THE PIECES. THE TABLE HAD MULTIPLE SCRATCHES. THE DELIVERY PEOPLE HANDLED THE FURNITURE VERY ROUGHLY, ALMOST THROWING PIECES DOWN ON THE ROAD WITHOUT PROTECTION. WHEN I COMPLAINED TO THE CUSTOMER SERVICE PERSON WHILE THIS OCCURRED, HE SIMPLY DIDN'T CARE. HE EVEN CONFIRMED THAT I WOULD NOT BE CHARGED FOR THE RETURNED FURNITURE NOR FOR THE RESTOCKING. YET, A MONTH LATER, THE BILL REFLECTED THE CHARGES ANYWAY, AND WHEN I CALLED TO CLEAR IT UP, THEY WERE RUDE CLAIMING THAT "THEY" DID NOT SEE THE DAMAGE I HAD IDENTIFIED AND SO, I HAD TO PAY FOR RESTOCKING. THEY FURTHER CHALLENGED ME TO GO TO SMALL CLAIMS!!!
Comments United States Furniture
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

25th of Aug, 2009 by   leoandme 0 Votes
I HAVE THE SAME EXPERIENCE TOO. AND THIS IS A SOFA THAT WE HAVE SENT BACK BECAUSE OF TEARS . THE TEARS WERE ON DIFFERENT PLACES. THE CUSTOMER SERVICE EMPLOYEES ARE RUDE AND I AGREE, THEY DONT CARE ABOUT IT. I TOOK PICTURES OF THE DEFECTIVE ITEMS AND I WILL BE MORE THAN HAPPY TO TAKE THEM TO SMALL CLAIMS COURT IF I GET ANY CHARGES. I WILL KEEP EVERYONE POSTED WITH MY EXPERIENCE. I DONT HAVE THE SOFA YET...
 8th of Apr, 2010 by   paco_01 0 Votes
I do not agree with you guys. My experience at LSF was wonderful I think you guys are picky sons of bitches. You nick pick for the stupid shit. Get a fucken life fuckers.
 10th of Apr, 2010 by   leoandme 0 Votes
I dont think that your lenguage is welcome and it will not sove anything. You must work for LSF and your commision is now less. I will report your (bad) comment to the appropriate individuals and investigate if you work for LSF and may press charges. BTW you need to seek help.
 26th of Mar, 2011 by   annym1 0 Votes
I worked in LSF call center and i can tell you I answered over 600+ calls a week, alone in a basketball court size room, we are all over worked, the call center is located at the la mirada area...dont ask for the owner..we cant give that info. After working there a year..the furniture is very low quality..shop around you will get the same quality as a mom and pop store..
and forget the warranties...we want you to get it..so when you call...we can tell you that you voided it. I work there and I feel sad for my co-workers
that would want to give you the service you need, but the owner says different..he wants profits. so well just tell you to please hold..
hey and the the main guy you want to talk to for call center is...lol...we cant tell you that either. but i think his name is? louie espitia...oops
 26th of Mar, 2011 by   annym1 0 Votes
I worked in LSF call center and I can tell you I answered over 600+ calls alone in a week, in a basketball court size room, we are over worked, the call center is located at the la mirada store, dont ask for the owner, we cant give that info and he wont take calls. After working there a year..the furniture is very low quality..shop around you will get the same quality as a mom and pop store and forget the warranties...we want you to get it, so when you call, we can tell you that you voided it. I work there and I feel sad for my co-workers that would want to give you the service you need, but the owner says different, he wants profits.so well just tell you to please hold..and come up with an excuse that wont cost the company any money. Hey and the the main guy you want to talk that runs the call center is...lol. We cant tell you that either. but i think his name is? louie espitia...oops
 18th of Dec, 2011 by   loretpaul 0 Votes
They sell used furniture for new. We bought a Dresser for 860 $ Went in to pick it up it had dents in it was informed by the person helping us that it probably was a floor model for if it was a new dresser they would receive it in a cardboard box. Well we paid for a new piece of furniture. Went to talk with the Manager she could have cared less as to my satisfaction. But what they did I would call switch and bait or fraud. So buyer be ware this is not an honorable company. For if they try to take advantage of an old lady what will they do to you, never go into store 04. if you do good luck. Living Spaces furniture is not Honorable...
 20th of Dec, 2012 by   Hwy111 0 Votes
I have also had a horrible experience with this furniture company. They too sold me a damaged used piece of furniture that I was told was suppose to be brand new in a sealed box. The $820 server I purchased was not in a box and only covered with a thin piece of saran wrap. There was damage all over and scratched glass and warped doors that did not close. The back panel had screw holes that were re-drilled numerous times and drilled right into the veneer.
I refused to accept the piece and called the operations supervisor for the Rancho Cucamonga store where I purchased it and he said he would refund my money. He refunded my money after 8 days but not the full amount. He did not give me back the $69 delivery fee.
I called him and asked why and he said it was because upon inspection of the returned piece, they found that their was nothing wrong and therefore I had to pay the delivery charge. I told him that was BS and he knows it and the little twurp hung up on me...he couldn't handle the heat and wimped out.
This company is a scam and yes, they sell nothing but used low quality furniture. I called the call center and reported the operations supervisor, his name is Charles BTW, and they told me that they are going to refund the delivery charge.
I have already notified my charge card company about these scammers and if they don't refund back the delivery charge, they will take it off anyway.
People, don't buy anything from this company, they will rip you off and when you confront them with a problem, they don't have the balls to deal with it. They either put you on hold or hang up on you.
I am telling EVERYBODY I know about this company and their practices. Everybody they hire are all low-lifes...appropriate for the low quality furniture they sell.
Please stay away from them!
 14th of Jun, 2013 by   LoydPogi 0 Votes
DO NOT BUY FROM LIVING SPACES!

So I bought a dining set from them worth $2k+. Their sales guy offered me to buy the VIP warranty for 5 years so if something happened to the furniture, they'll fix or replace it, no questions ask. They will even send a technician to my home to fix it without any costs - parts and labor. And so, I bought the extra warranty.

After 3 months, 5 of the 7 furniture (4 chairs, 1 table) broke. The legs became loose and they shake -- table and chairs. My wife even almost fall when she sat on the defective chair. And so I called their Warranty department. I reported issue, they asked for photos which I sent to them. Then, after a few days, I received an email from them that it will cost me $99 for them to pickup the furniture. I was like "what the hell!?", I bought the extra warranty for this. Their explanation was, transportation - pickup was not part of the warranty!?!?!?!. So I told them, okay then, have your technician come to my home to fix the furniture. They told me that it will still cost me $99 for the technician's transportation to go to my home?!?!?!?! what the hell?!?!? They said the only way to get away with the $99 fee was if I drop off the furniture to their facility in Rialto, CA. I told them are you guys nuts, your facility is about 90 miles away from me and why can't I drop them off on the store? They said no and it has to be in Rialto. What a nightmare!
 10th of Jan, 2014 by   Decemberrose 0 Votes
Good service inside the store but the worst service after they deliver your furniture and breaks two weeks later. I submitted an email Monday with pictures as I was told, along with detail summary of the problem and no phone calls from living spaces warranty dept yet. I sent a second email yesterday too. Purchased a memory bed and after two week my box spring broke. This tells me what cheap product this store sells. I had my previous mattress and bed for 17 years and never had any problems. I will never ever buy at living spaces again. They sell trash.
 28th of May, 2014 by   Mesaice 0 Votes
They delivered an end table with teeth marks in it from a saw blade, since I signed the delivery release they, would only replace it if I paid a restocking fee and another delivery charge, that was a lot more than the price of the table.
 13th of Jun, 2014 by   Eilen 0 Votes
Has anyone had any success in getting their money back from Living Spaces for defective furniture? And if so, how did you do it?
Has anyone taken them to small claims court? Has anyone put in a complaint with the Better Business Bureau?

Please share any successes you have had so we can follow suit.
 19th of Jun, 2014 by   Maryace 0 Votes
Please don't buy living spaces furniture they sold me defective furniture and they wanted to
Charge me 500$ after 2 weeks of waiting for a manager call back and dealing with horrible customer service . I went to the showroom with pictures of the damages they wanted to get rid of me so they agreed to exchange the furniture . Now three weeks later the send me the wrong furniture and now they want 600$ to take it back I really feel they did this on purpose they were going to keep my money no mater what. I spoke to Martha the manager and she said we have your signature so you have to pay..
How can they get away with this:(
 8th of Oct, 2014 by   cdub1 0 Votes
I just bought a recliner and 6 weeks later it stopped reclining...motor broken I guess...cannot get anyone to help...ultrashield will not respond and living spaces just keeps telling me to call ultrashield...never never buy from this place and do not buy any silly warranties because they do not honor them...

Tips How to Save on Moving Costs