logo

Kirby Vacuums
Kirby sales tactics solution
2. (6 mins ago)
DVDpearl
They tell fake promises and excuses
3. (28 mins ago)
Bad ad careless people

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Lincare Complaints & Reviews - Poor service!

Lincare Contacts & Informations

Lincare

Posted:    jane mudd

Poor service!

This is the 3rd time this co. has either forgotten to bring oxygen for my mother or an employee quits or was fired and their "orders" were miscommunicated. There is no excuse for this to happen. My mother is on liquid oxygen and they say they don't deliver on weekends due to no vessels to store in warehouse on weekends. My mother's doctor ordered her to have liquid oxygen and when "this " happens we have to hook her up on her concentrator that needs checked (lincare guy said he would next time he came.) Also she uses a bi pap machine and this has to be moved in order to use it next to her. This has really upset her and me. So what is the patient to do? This is how she lives and we don't take this lightly. Thank you for letting me complain.

Plan on changing co.s Tired of each delivery man saying and promising this won't happen again and then he quits or is fired. No more trust in Lincare's word.
Comments United States Health & Beauty
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

24th of May, 2008 by   EX LINCAREY 0 Votes
HI CAN I ASK WHAT STATE YOU ARE IN AND WHAT CITY. I AM NO LONGER WITH LINCARE JUST WANT TO KNOW IF THE CARE IS THE SAME IN OTHER STATE.
 17th of Apr, 2009 by   Furious In NH 0 Votes
Having similar issues with Lincare in my area. I was just recently diagnosed with SEVERE OSA (obstructive sleep apnea) and I have been on a CPAP for 5 weeks now. Got my machine from the local Lincare office, they did not have my prescibed mask in stock, they promised it within two days, gave me a loaner which fit horribly. It took 2 WEEKS to get it in. Then, 2 weeks ago, a piece of my mask broke causing it to leak. Went in on a Monday to order a replacement part, told me they only place orders on Fridays and it takes one week to receive orders from main warehouse! That's two weeks away and my Apnea is so bad it is life threatening. They said they could not order outside their order day and could not expedite shipments! So I waited, they called me on friday to let me know they were ordering it and to confirm my address for UPS and it would require a signature. I explained I cannot receive signature required packages as both I and my wife work full time. They said it had to ship to my physical address per company policy, but offered to have it shipped to their office so I could pick it up. Well friday came of the second week and no call from them, my wife was home sick and UPS showed up with a box from Lincare. I called them and asked what the hell was going on, they said, OOPS, we forgot to put the note in your account, sorry. Got home that night, opened the package, and it was not even the right part! It was parts for the loaner mask, not my prescribed one. Of course now they are closed and I can't call till Monday. Decided to go through my bills to see if there was a weekend number other than the answering service. I realized they were billing my insurance company for Home delivery plus mileage for my CPAP, loaner Mask, Oximeter, my proper mask two weeks later and they have never been to my home! I have picked up all of these items directly from the local office. I am done with them!!! The CPAP is a rental, so I just ordered everything from an online CPAP supplier for half the cost with expedited overnight shipping, will have everything on Monday. I am going there on Monday and returning everything that is theirs, then I am reporting them to my insurance company and to my local hospital who uses them frequently. Considering a letter to the editor as well...
 11th of Jun, 2009 by   It all catches up to you... 0 Votes
I am equally upset. My mother uses liquid oxygen and some guy named Stevie now is asking her to buy burned DVD's from him for $5? I called someone named Pam and she said she would look into is and I am still waiting to hear back from her. I have called my mothers physician, Medicare and CHAP . I suggest you do the same.
 14th of Jun, 2009 by   Gasping for Air 0 Votes
I'm so upset my blood pressure must be through the roof. I just finished a 2 page letter to the CEO of Lincare. I'll call the local office Monday and have them pick up their CPAP. My insurance already paid for the humidifier, mask and hose...they can have the machine back. I'm so done with these "no follow-up" fools and I've only been with them for a bit over a month. They gave me an Elite II that didn't work on the first night and then came back 3 days later (because they don't have them in stock) with an Escape and just swapped them out. Told me there was no difference. Well a month later my doctor is looking for the data to see if I'm at the right pressure and...you guessed it...Haven't heard or seen from Lincare for 3 weeks when they promised they'd be here June 4th to collect the data. Now I find out (through the internet) that the Escape doesn't even monitor whether the pressure is good or not...just the usage. GRRRRRRRRRR...they should change their name to LIN...because there IS NO "CARE"!!!
 8th of Sep, 2009 by   L.L.T 0 Votes
My husband needs his CPAP machine and has been waiting three weeks for a repair! Call every week and was just informed that nothing has been done, but they have to send me a new one, I wonder how long that will take and I worry about my husband not having his machine!! We are also sent wrong filters and then they can't send us any more because we have already received some which we can't use. I want everyone to contact their DRs and tell them how bad they are! I am in CT and we never get a bill so we don't know what they are charging but there are a lot of charges to Medicare which I'm sure are over billing!
 9th of Mar, 2010 by   exlincareemployee 0 Votes
I worked for Lincare for 4 years during which time I learned that the vice president Lori Demello was more concerned with getting her 6 digit bonus every year. She also had us selling patients things they did not need to help her gain this. After we made millions of dollars for Lincare we get a bonus of $260...I was promised $5, 000 (It never happened) So much for Lincare. .
 8th of Apr, 2010 by   UNSATISIFIED EXEMPLOYEE 0 Votes
I am an ex employee and I have also worked for another oxygen company and I must say that I will never go back to work for lincare again! I worked in a fast paced office and after I lost 2 drivers all lincare was worried about was making 90% on conc. checks so that the area and regional mangers will make their bonus and they don't care how it got done as long as it got done! who cares about the 1 driver that is out working 12-15 hours a day and on the weekends!! I didn't see them working on the weekends to help out an office that was crying for help and never mind about that 1 driver that hasn't seen his family in 2 weeks!!! somebody should go down and look at how these offices are run by mangers and area mangers!! When you are down 2 drivers the big thing that suffer is customer service and the patients and personally i feel bad because I took alot of pride in my customer service! I'M VERY SORRY TO ALL MY PATIENTS WHO HAVE SUFFERED FOR THE BAD SERVICE!!
 17th of Sep, 2012 by   James H. 0 Votes
I would like to bring your attention to the managment you have here in Moab, Utah 84532.
I am 74 years old and have been around alot. I have been a foreman on many jobs I have worked, Supervisor for large companys. One of my bigges was a safety supervisor for a large trucking company called Hatchco, Hatch was the owners name and he added the co. they operated through several states.
I was also a manager for Western Rock Products in 1983. I am going to get so you wont get bored reading this. I do beleive you should investigate Marla A Greenhalgh. I am on oxygen, so I have been able to observe employees come and go. I am a good listener so I hear complaint's for leaving. For instance, One guy was real good at his job.
He could remember the tank number's from when he loaded his truck until he delivered them. When he delivered them he knew the tank numbers. He could carry two box's of four tank's with one under each arm.
He was a trained retired Military guy named Dan. Curtis got so fed up with him and Marla that he quit in the middle of deliveries while he was out of town and had to hitch hike back to Moab.
Marla rode him so bad he couldn't take it anymore. Especially training a guy that only wanted a part time job.
Fishing and his boat was the only thing on Dans mind, and to top it off he could only carry one box of four tanks. Like I said I am 74 years old and I can carry two box's easy!
Dan kept Marla buttered up real good then up's and quits to go fishing. So what does Marla do? She hire's another Military guy rom la Sal, Utah. This guy got on the computer and studied up on oxygen and Lincare. This made Marlsa real happy. he was being trained by a guy named Travis i beleive, anyway he told Travis he thought it was goint to be just a part time job. He never lasted long enough for me to meet hom. Travis was fed up with Marla's cpmtrp;;omg way's amd found a job in Grand Junction, Colorado.
None of these people give any notice so you know the managment must be really bad. Now marla hires Louisa Gibson, and Eric Edge. Erick is one of the laziest guy's I have ever seen, but knows how to butter up to Marla so he get's off easy. Louisa on the other hand is a very hard working woman that is nice to the customers. Louisa has three young children and need's this job bad, but yesterday she walked off the job because Marla was riding her.
Louisa is an African American. I do not think racism is the problem here as much is the problem she needed the job really bad. Marla took full advantage of it. she just got a divorce and had alot of problems with the husband stalking her. Louisa let Marla know way in advance she had court before labor day, so she needed off early. Louisa also had to work the day after Labor day and Marla made her stay real late after hour's.
I think it was to punish her for taking part of the day off. Marla is a control freak. I could spot this the first day I met her when she had an issue with a driver, and came with him on his delivery. Marla also had a confrontation with the driver in front of me that should have never happened.
When I was in managment I was taught to never have a confrontation with an employee in front of another employee, or in front of any person for that matter.I witnessed this happen.
I could go on and on over the issue's you have, I am really surprised you have not spotted it. I would think as much turn over as you have therein a short time, would tell you something. I can tell you there are quite a few people here that would use another source if they were bigger. They are however picking up alot of customer's you are losing due to this poor managment.
My name is:
James H. Hoffman
132 Walnut Lane
Moab, Ut. 84532
Phone (435)259-7994
I would prefer to be left out of this unless of course I could help get a couple of the good employee's back. I might add Marla is real good at talking her way out of a situation, and putting the blame on some one else!
 29th of Jul, 2013 by   Laurata 0 Votes
My husband has been referred to Linncare. I have not received one call on his CPAP like his dr office said and then after 3 weeks of waiting for the call. I called them. The person I spoke with was very friendly but telling me how over worked they were. I am so far not impressed with their office. I didn't know it took almost a month to check benefits and call the patient with benefits and an appointment. Already frustrated.
 10th of Aug, 2013 by   thebunny 0 Votes
James, great post - am a former employee who just left, too - area manager told me flat out in a conference call that our billing center was on crack; this was due to them not being able to bill for some medications due to an incorrect Patient Consent form on file - we had one, but it was incorrect, and it would have been breaking HIPPA laws for them to bill without it being corrected. Lots of work towards asking for help obtaining, and when I brought it up again on a phone call, that was his response. I was so taken aback, I didn't know what to do. I'm sitting here thinking he's REALLY saying I'm the one on crack. .Well, that was the final straw for me. I'm not going to be spoken to in just any kind of way, so...I just felt it better to move on. And no, I'm not just some disgruntled person...there is only so much one person is willing to take, and I guess that line is different for everyone, but mine was crossed that day. I'm the one in the so called hot water for not being able to bill for this patient's supplies, but the real problem started when important HIPPA compliant paperwork was screwed up, and we were unable to bill b/c of it. A simple matter that never should have gotten to this point. And I'm the one on crack??????????????? REALLY??????????????? By the way, the amount of money that was/is wracking up but that is still not billable is going towards $1000.00. there is absolutely no excuse for this. The issue that is holding it up is such a simple issue to fix. It was also an easy mistake to avoid, but apparently the office manager and CSR's, all the way up to the Area Manager, don't understand simple instructions. I understand mistakes happen, I make them too. But to not correct it long before this nearly $1000.00 threshold is absolutely inexcusable. I had even talked to the daughter myself, and she was livid because they were now getting billed for it...wow. I had written up a new/correct Patient Consent form, and gave it to the Area Manager, asking for help in delivering it directly to the patient's home, and instead of handling it, he brought me back the incorrect one. I had not looked at it closely, due to being spread thin, until a couple of days later. That's when I addressed it on a conference call. O well...if Lincare doesn't want to get their money, and get it honestly and correctly, then...neither do I . But I won't screw the patient's for it.
 26th of Aug, 2013 by   Arjaye 0 Votes
I'm sure there are some good and some really bad Lincare stuff. I'm living it now and wish for change and the industry the are in is "essential service" and some times it seems to be a money tree for the higher ups. It's like there a cult thing happening in where if you 'get on board' with their mentality you are given crack money to work over the bottom rungs. Seems almost shameful. I feel for my patients/customers.
 21st of Oct, 2013 by   AnonymousMN 0 Votes
Everything posted about Lisa J (Cadwallader) Ries (Area Manager in Minnesota) is true, Lisa is an evil person. Lisa does need to be investigated. Lisa is taking advantage of the Lincare company. She is using the company’s money to buy personal things for herself and her family. Lisa claims that she has to go on business trips for Lincare but the truth is that she uses the company’s money to go on free personal trips. She mails personal packages with the Lincare UPS shipping account number. Lisa’s son Mason needed a nebulizer machine so she stole two nebulizer machines from Lincare. Lisa is stealing money from the company. Lincare needs to hire an outside auditor to go through all the years that Lisa has been an Area Manager at Lincare and you will see that she has been stealing money and items from the company all these years. Because of Lisa Linecare is losing money, employees and clients. Really surprised that Lisa still has a job as Area Manager for Lincare. Lisa is very dishonest and grossly unethical. Lisa lies all the time and she lies to everyone. Lisa is on mental medication to try to treat her many mental illness. Lisa is an awful mother to her son Mason. She is always pawning her son on to other people. Lisa acts like she doesn’t even want to have her son around her at all. Lisa only married Bryan Ries for his money, she never even loved him. Lisa and Bryan had their son Mason then a few years after he was born Lisa divorced Bryan and took all of his money, she took the house and everything in the house. Lisa has always taken advantage of Bryan’s parents Gerry & Mary Jane Ries, rather is be for free childcare or money. When Lisa and Bryan were married Lisa was always cheating on Bryan. No man can ever seem to satisfy Lisa. When Lisa does go on business trips for Lincare she always fools around with guys. Last year one of Lisa’s brothers, Brandon Cadwallader got married and Lisa wanted to be the center of attention even though it wasn’t her wedding. Lisa and her family are nothing but a bunch of Alcoholics! Wake up people, Lisa Ries is bad news!

20th of Feb, 2014 by   Born and raised in the U.S. 0 Votes
I am upset how aggressive Lincare Corporate was to my employment references. I understand calling references on potential employees, but be professional about it. They're a German owned company, so I guess I am not surprised.
 21st of Feb, 2014 by   Arjaye 0 Votes
No excuse. If you feel they crossed the line, find a way to report them!
 11th of Jun, 2014 by   LinDONTcare -1 Votes
Lori Demello is the worlds worst boss! She gives no support, no compassion, nor has any understanding of the actual work involved to get the numbers on paper. Numbers are her main concern. She thinks "it's simple! It's simple!"

Working for Lincare under Lori Demello - you better watch your back! This washed up hussy fired her own friend! Lori Demello covers all of Florida and Georgia and needs to be fired! She has the worst attitude. She is like a fat, rich, mean, cheerleader in highschool who failed home ec and math class!

You might be reading this thinking.. Well a good boss does care about numbers?

Well, I had the best numbers but she treated me like shit! She is a cold heartless bitch. She has no respect for anyone below her pay scale. We are the common people.

If you work for Lori Demello... Good luck! She will chew you up and spit you out!

She is part of the reason Lincare sucks!!

Do not work there! Do not refer there! Do not do business with them. They will let you down .
 12th of Jun, 2014 by   LinDONTcare 0 Votes
Lori Demello is a great boss. Lincare is a good company.

Please remove the previous post.

I should not have wrote the previous post and I have tried to delete it.

I loved working for Lincare. I should not have wrote the previous post.

I apologize.
 12th of Jun, 2014 by   LinDONTcare 0 Votes
remove the previous comment!
 12th of Jun, 2014 by   LinDONTcare 0 Votes
remove the previous comment!!!

Why cant I delete?!?!?!?
I love Lincare!!

I did not mean to post previous comment.

I was upset and now I want to DELETE IT!!!

I do not mean what I said. Those statements are not true!!! Delete Delete Delete!!!

Remove previous post!!!
 12th of Jun, 2014 by   LinDONTcare 0 Votes
Lincare gives great service and cares about their employees and patients. I truely enjoyed doing business with them. I would recommend this company.

Food Prices on the Rise