logo

Posted:    JustTreatMeRight

Limoges Jewelry
New York
LimogesJewelry.com
I ordered a pair of earrings and a simple personalized ring from Limoges Jewelry online on 1/19/2010. The ring needed to be made, so they sent the earrings to me as they were in stock with a notice that my ring would be sent as soon as it was finished. A few weeks later the ring arrived as expected. This isn't fancy jewelry-my total bill was only about $20.

Imagine my surprise when I received a "bill" a few weeks later for the cost of my ring. The bill said they had "accidentally" mailed my ring without putting the charge through, and when they tried to put it through later, it was denied. After much investigation on my part, I finally figured out what had happened. They charged me twice for the earrings on two successive days, so when they tried to charge the additional cost of the ring, it was denied because it was past the amount i had okay'ed.

I emailed them on May 1 explaining what had happened and asking for assistance in resolving the matter. I never heard ANYTHING back from their customer service department, even though their bills clearly list the email address for which to send inquiries.

Today, I received yet another bill telling me that my account is past due/DELINQUENT, and that if I don't pay the $15.98 they say I owe them, I will be sent to collections. I don't owe them that much, it's actually less the cost of my double charged earrings.

I would've been happy to pay the amount I owe them if they would correct the bill and help me. They do not include a phone number to call them to speak with a human person about this.

I am copying and pasting my email(s) to them. It was sent on 5/28/10. I will update this complaint if I ever hear anything back from them.

On 5/28/2010, I received yet another bill from your company in regards to the money still owed on my account. Below is a copy of the email that I sent you on 5/1/10 explaining why that amount is incorrect and requesting assistance with the matter. I have never had a reply to this email. Your bill explicitly says "If you have any questions about your account, please email us at: CustomerService@LimogesJewelry.com, which I did. As I say, I have not received any communication whatsoever from your company regarding this, except repeated bills demanding payment.

I am requesting the information I need to return both of my products (one pair of earrings and one ring) to your company in order for this matter to be resolved. Directions on how to return the products and receive a full refund is requested to be sent to this email address as soon as possible.

**** *

To: CustomerService@LimogesJewelry.com
CC:
BCC:
Sent on:

Sent from the Internet (Details)
Internet Address Card Attached

Hello,

I received a letter from your company stating that I owe $15.98 to your company because although you had an authorization code for my transaction, when you tried to put it through it wouldn't go through. This is in reference to Order # *****.

I have researched through my Paypal account to try to figure out what is happening. I discovered that you have charged me twice for the first part of my order. A pair of earrings was sent to me and was charged to Paypal in the amount of $4.79 on two consecutive days-on 1/20/10 and 1/21/10. For this reason, there was not enough money left of the authorized amount for you to finish the charge for the ring I had ordered.

Therefore, the correct amount that is left due on the account is $11.19. ($15.98-$4.79).

I do not appreciate receiving a letter telling me that *I* need to do something to "avoid further collection efforts" over something that was your error. It's very interesting that you could find the fact that I owe you money, but you haven't sent me anything about the fact that you charged me twice for the same item.

The money to pay for my full order was available through Paypal if it had been handled correctly. I have now had to spend half an hour of my time going through my debit card receipts, figuring out that it wasn't a problem on that end, going through my Paypal history to find when all this happened (since your bill doesn't give me that information) etc...

In my opinion you should zero out this account and consider the matter finished since this was all due to your error and I have had to invest so much time of my time into it. If that is not your choice, then let me know and I will send the amount through Paypal. (Again.) I'll be sure to let my friends and family know how the situation is resolved. Perhaps your company should consider instituting a couple of changes-don't send out items until you have cleared the payment, and before you send collection letters to customers, you should look back at the account to ascertain what happened and ensure it wasn't a mix-up on your end.

**** *
Comments United States Jewelry & Watches
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

29th of May, 2010 by   ASchneider 0 Votes
Hello,
I am the VP over LimogesJewelry.com and I am happy to help you get this straightened out. Please email me directly with your order number and I'll look into this for you first thing after the holiday weekend.
Thanks,