logo

Nissan Murano transfer case
Problems with Transfer case
5. (32 mins ago)
Flowers 1-800-770-7404/FTDfloristsonline.com
no delivery, waiting on refund

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Posted: 2013-03-13 by    anainus

SCAM

LIGHT IN THE BOX
San Francisco, California
I ordered several electronics and gadgets over two years ago from this Company for my boy and they NEVER sent it! I had asked them to put the money back into my account they never did- I said, either way, send me my order or refund my money. During this time I had been busy with my investments that it required me to travel every three months so I never checked if it was put in and they never did, they just 'forgotten'. This time I have a bit more free time and I asked them to put the money back and they are offering me a coupon. I dont want a coupon, I want my money back and that's a problem.
This company is a scam- if you are an American be careful! I will make time to write the Better Business Beureau abut this and file a complaint once and for all. If you are an American and knows a way to stop this company from scamming into our country please let me know, because that is what I am going to try to do, stop this company from doing what they do. One thing I did that's right was to keep all their emails to prove their scam. Be careful buying online people!
Comments United States Scam & Fake Checks
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

29th of Dec, 2009 by   NasH78 0 Votes
Want to throw your money away real fast and get frustrated at the same time? Order something from Lightinthebox (dot com)! They are a Chinese company that lures internet shoppers with fantastic deals. I had to gamble with them because I couldn't find a video door phone anywhere at a decent price. My first hesitation was having to use my PayPal account. Stupid me. But for $140 (compared to $500 elsewhere), I bit the bullet. They put emphasis on pre-sales promises, so you feel good until you commit your money.

Product that arrived didn't even have a U.S. compatible plug. It took weeks of delayed email back and forth to clear that one little mistake they made. It took more weeks for them to ship an adapter. It took still more weeks of slow, delayed, annoyingly bottom priority email that they hardly read or understand to get a tracking number for the adapter. Sorry but they got your money already. You get the slowest parcel post mail without tracking. In the meantime, they repeatedly send you the refund form to fill out because that's they first reaction. Or maybe they're so used to it. But you won't get your $40 shipping cost refunded. And you have to pay your own $40 shipping to send the item back. And they won't refund until they get back their crappy item.

Lo and behold, the rinky *** power adapter arrives. It's the cheapest plastic thingy ever. And still, the device does not work. It compares to a pop-up toy that comes out of a gumball machine. So yes I have to consider shipping it back at my cost because there's no warranty.

I'm a loser. I gambled, and I lost.
 17th of Jan, 2010 by   LightInTheBox 0 Votes
Dear NasH78,

LightInTheBox.com would first like to take the time to apologize for the unpleasant experiences that you have had while shopping with us. Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback and comments, as we truly appreciate any opportunity to improve.

As there was no order number included in the complaint, would it be possible for you to provide more details? Please email contact@lightinthebox.com with your order number and contact information and we will begin the process of looking into your complaint.

Again, we are very sorry about the device not functioning as expected, and sincerely hope that we can fix this problem for you in some way.

Kind Regards,

Grace
LightInTheBox.com
 18th of Dec, 2012 by   hodgepodge 0 Votes
Horrible experience!!

I purchased my item on December 4th to use them as a dropshipper (as they advertise). It is now December 19th and the item STILL has not been shipped and MY customer is irate, when I inquired they insisted on me providing them with a scanned copy of my credit card despite the fact that I paid via Paypal!! I explain this to them, and AGAIN they respond insisting on a scanned copy of my credit card or they will not ship my item. I will not be scammed of my credit card info! I have put in a Paypal claim and will not stop until I get my money back. I do not believe half of these reviews, and 100% believe these are employees writing them, just go look around the internet - and notice how they are patrolling all the review sites. Whenever someone writes a bad review new 'Fabulous' ones appear within hours to up their ratings. Proceed with caution!!" Stop doing damage control by responding to our complaints on review sites! We've already put in our tickets and THAT was your chance to make it right! Not when we publicly out you!
 18th of Dec, 2012 by   James LightInTheBox 0 Votes
Dear Customer,

Thank you for shopping with us and telling us about your experience. Please send us your order number, so that Customer Service can find you in our system. In the meantime, you can open a Customer Service ticket and you will be able to check the progress of your request by accessing My Tickets on our website. Follow this link to view the ticket center: http://www.lightinthebox.com/index.php?main_page=ticket_center, and our customer service team will help you there.

LightInTheBox
 14th of Mar, 2013 by   James LightInTheBox 0 Votes
Dear Customer,

LightInTheBox
 10th of Dec, 2013 by   paula giannetta 0 Votes
ive purchased an item for Christmas present it sad guaranteed processing time less than 24 hours. its a tattoo kit for a Christmas present I paid for it on the 6th of dec and they are saying it won't be shipped till dec 24... I don't know how a clock works were there from but 24 hours is only one day... the it says 3 to 5 days shipping I guess that means 3 to 5 months... they refuse to give me a number to call them back at I guess that is normal poor business .. I now read nothing but complaints about them.. id like to thank light in the box for probably ruining a sons Christmas that he has waited all your for this tattoo equipment... I will NEVER buy or recommend anyone to you EVER..
 13th of Dec, 2013 by   Miggutiman 0 Votes
I knew I had a bad feeling about them. Hmmm Thanks to all for the clarification.
 29th of Apr, 2014 by   trishelldotson 0 Votes
I dont know for sure if it is a scam just yet. I placed my order a little over a week ago and everytime I check my order, it says "processing". I must admit, the customer service is terrible. All I ask is, "When will my order shipped?" Now that I am seeing these reviews, I think I may contact PayPal ASAP and just get my money back. I will definitely be contacting my credit card and just avoid doing business with them ever again!!

Fight Back Against Identity Theft