logo

Lifestyle Lift Contacts & Informations

Posted:    Bits

Facelift

lifestylelift.com
I went in for a consult 3 yrs ago. I met w/ a consultant who determined I was a good candidate for this one hour innovative new procedure, so easy, you can go back to work the next day. It was deemed a lunchtime procedure. The consultant I found out months later was not in the medical field & had no expertise to say I was a candidate. She showed me w/ her fingertips where the incisons would be, in the ear, a small incision. I didn't book that day, but went back a week later after being reassured the Dr was a Plastic Surgeon. I met w/ the DR. He also did the finger pull in front of the ear& told me it would take 7-10 yrs off your face & kast 10 yrs or more. It was a high sales pitch by the consultant, offering a nice discount if you book then w/ immediate financing at 0% for one year. No side effects, no anesthesia, no nerve damage, easy procedure, go back to work the next day. IMPOSSIBLE!!!
eI had to eat tha next 3 days thru a straw. For over 6 months (approx) I couldn't hold a phone to my ear.
They had given me a lower facelift w/o my permission. I had been cut all the way around my ears& to top that off, my left ear was stretched down& my earlobe was sewn to my face. My ear is misplaced, The top sticks out, bottom is attached to my face& my earphones no longer fit. They don't keep surgical records so you have no clue what they do to you. The Dr offered a revision, but when I asked what that entailed, he said 'I will sew your right ear to your face. OMG!!!
There are currently 50 girls I met on a website called Realself. Our stories are all basically the same. Some are worst off than me with huge ropey ugly scars, mis-shapen ears& eyes. Their infomercials on TV cleverly minimize the results you will get. This is not saying they don't have some good dr's there, but there are many there that give horrible results! Be warned to check out your DR if you go there or anywhere. Check for board certification, check for a dr in good standing. Ask all the right questions.And above all else please MAKE them show you where the incisions will be!
Altho I was told, get it in writing... What I got I never bargained for. Small incisions to basically dissecting my ears was not what I bargained for. The 10 to 20 shots in your face hurt like heck. I have been in chronic pain a long long time& they won't say what they did to me!! Most other plastic surgeons won't touch me because of this. Be aware, be careful& be smart.

Comments United States Plastic Surgery
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

25th of Jun, 2009 by   kidfromnyc +1 Votes
most of all the consultants that show the videos, talk about the procedure
are only there to convince of the surgery and add as many procedures as they can, whether or not you need them sort of like used car sales
people and the doctors most of them foreigners only look at you as a piece of meat, , , in fact they call seeing the patient as a meet
some doctors really co a good job but most of the others are using patients
to learn on since most have little or no experience
 25th of Jul, 2009 by   EVE HOLT +1 Votes
If any physician performed a procedure on you "without your permission" that is gross malpractice under the law and you can sue them. Any of you patients who are NOT satisfied and have visible/ emotional symptoms or issues, you have met the burdon of proof for "damages". Any decent attoreny who handles medical malpractice should take your case on "contingency", meaning you do not pay, until the case is settled, then the attorney takes his percentage [usually 33.3%] out of the total settlement. You can also recoup your money through the courts, many times settling in "arbitration" outside of the courtroom. Act NOW, there are time limits on these types of cases, and you need to start it NOW. Good luck.
 8th of Aug, 2009 by   McKen58 +1 Votes
I had my "revolutionary new procedure" (and I quote them, not me) in Dec. of 2007. There is a class action lawsuit that has been filed in Federal Court against them because of their deceptive advertising. Please call 1-888-LSL-suit for more information and pass the word. Thanks.
 2nd of Sep, 2009 by   Gail T +1 Votes
My mom just had the lifestyle lift procedure and the recovery was very difficult. They do not give you enough info. about how serious the procedure really is. Since the surgery, we have been told to do different things by the technicians and the doctors. It has been 2 weeks since the surgery. She has had fluid build up behind her ears and it has been drained 4 times already. One doctor talked about putting a pressure suture to collapse the empty cavity, but then the other doctor said no and that it would go away on its own. The paperwork they give you also has special post op instructions and the doctor today told us totally different instructions than the ones written on the paper. I'm just praying that everything will turn okay eventually. I don't know who to trust in that office.
 29th of Sep, 2009 by   lady one 0 Votes
every one who has had a bad experience with this company so they can be SHUT DOWN, sound's like a class action Law Suite to me ---Mikla Ann
 30th of Sep, 2009 by   RON S +1 Votes
Glad I checked this website before contracting with them. Commercial shows that you can get this great look in an hour and go back to work. WHAT A JOKE!! not only is this NOT and easy, one hour procedure, but there was significant surgery, takes a lot longer than one hour, and takes at least a week to recover. The doctor was supposed to meet with us after this salesman's pitch, but said that he wasn't here - he left, even though we had an appointment with him. I have difficulty believing his credentials. JUST DONT DO IT
 29th of Oct, 2009 by   Deane May +1 Votes
I agree with everything that these people have said. Some of doctors do not have the expertise it requires to do this surgery. ... and YOU don't know which one is using your face for "practise". I made an appointment, went thru the video and sales pitch and asked to see a surgeon. I was taken to see a young black man whom I began questioning about the procedure. He became frustrated with the details of my questions and called the "office manager" to answer the questions. I asked her if she had a medical degree and how many times she had done this procedure. Of course she said no to each question. This breif visit confirmed my beleive that these people are not qualified to do face lifts.
 29th of Oct, 2009 by   Dawn44 0 Votes
Well, i was thinking about it and I am glad i looked this up...I WONT BE GOING!
 29th of Oct, 2009 by   Dawn44 0 Votes
Well, i was thinking about it and I am glad i looked this up...I WONT BE GOING
 14th of Nov, 2009 by   abirdsbrain +1 Votes
Thanks for sharing your story with us!
 14th of Nov, 2009 by   diane turner 0 Votes
You know i had seen their commercial on alot but as of recent I cant remember seeing any advertising about them anymore. I wonder if they are having to "regroup" due to these complaints. Touche ladies - i think you have them on their toes now!
 18th of Nov, 2009 by   K-town 44 0 Votes
It's Nov 18, 2009 and the advertisment is still showing.
 28th of Nov, 2009 by   toabs 0 Votes
There ought to be STRICT and EXACTING LAWS in this country to protect us from ALL of these companies that make false claims about their products. I mean ALL of them from the cereal commercials to the Life Style Lift commercials. As long as they can pay for the air time the broadcasting companies don't care what kind of lies they're selling. They sleep at night because they have a disclaimer at the beginning of each of the "paid advertising" info mercials. Thank you all for putting your experiences with these frauds out here for the rest of us to see. This is an utterly disgusting side of free enterprise.
 6th of Dec, 2009 by   SUSAN 1225 +1 Votes
I had a Lifestyle Lift about four years ago. My scars are just horrible and I wish I would have understood how white, long and lumpy the scars down the side of my face were going to appear. I cannot tie my hair back or lift it up behind my head. I was only 51 when I had "the procedure" done. Literally everyone told me that they could see absolutely no difference after the procedure - outside of the scarring. I have seen three surgeons who tell me that there is nothing that can be done about the scars.

Now, for the really awful part. I am not a "baby" when it comes to medical procedures. However, this surgery was absolutely torture. I did not think I would I would finish without passing out. I asked, during the procedure, for help and was given several more huge shots. The doctor repeatedly gave me more injections. He also let me know that if I didn't "calm down", he would have to call the hospital, have me picked up by ambulance, and "closed up" there. Believe me, I "calmed down" real fast.

After being "wrapped up", the nurse told me that they were "out of ice" and could not give me compresses for my ONE HOUR RIDE HOME!!! OMG, a medical surgical office is OUT OF ICE???? Now, if any of you know how important ice is to prevent swelling after a surgical procedure, you will know what happened to me.

Without ice, my swelling was unabatted and within the hour before I arrived home, I had swelled horribly. Within the first week, I had my face turn completely black!! I could not lay down. I slept for two weeks sitting up on a pillow. I threw up the pain pills.

My brother in law is a retired surgeon who specialized in reconstruction surgery of the face and head. He saw the pictures of my "wrap" that the nurse had done after my surgery and told me that it was so poorly done that it was useless. That poorly done wrap had also contributed to the massive swelling.

When I returned to the office to have my stiches removed, I was told that the doctor was "out of town". Yeah, sure he was. A nurse removed my stitches. I was never contacted AT ANY TIME by the doctor that performed the procedure, nor did I see him again.

This Lifestyle "business" is handled in a certain way. They will get you in the door, take your money first, cut you up, and get rid of you in a fast and efficient way.

The surgeons are ENT surgeons, not reconstructive plastic surgeons. Research this for yourself.

Be smart. Go and meet with a qualified surgeon who will be honest with you, determine the best course of treatment for you, and will follow up with you afterward to make certain that you are satisfied with your results. I wish I would have researched this better than I did.

AVOID THIS PLACE LIKE THE PLAGUE!!!
 16th of Dec, 2009 by   cruisinsmooth 0 Votes
I am a white male, 58 years old. I went to the Atlanta office today for a one hour free consultation . The one hour consultation they offer took over two and a half hours and I never got to talk to a real doctor. I was told the doctor was tied up in a procedure, which begged the question, "Why the problems and delays?".
The consultation visit is very much like a "time share" sales pitch. If you've ever been through one of those you know how cheesy and painful to endure this must have been...maybe some thing like surgery with little anesthetic. The offer of "schedule today!" and save money seems so unprofessional and desperate that I kept waiting for them to offer to throw in a free cruise or round-trip air to Europe.
This was mainly a fact finding mission for me. I honestly can't say what the results may be, but when I asked how many of their clients were male, the consultant told me "...about 35%". When I asked to see " before and after" photos of male clients they were only able to produce two.
I spent 20 years in the medical field (sales and marketing) dealing with professionals on both the nursing, administrative and physician level. Truly professional medical groups encourage you to take your time, do your research and even seek a second opinion before endulging in any elective surgery procedure. I encourage you to do the same.
I think I'll table my vanity and go back to St. Augustine and sit through a "time share" pitch...at least there's no no danger of leaving with scars ! And who know's???? I might even get a free round of golf! LOL
 29th of Dec, 2009 by   anonymousconsumer 0 Votes
I am so sorry y'all had to go through this toture. I appreciate your honesty. I don't have the money to waste nor want to walk around looking like Jack the Ripper had gotten to me. I will keep all of y'all in my prayers. I pray that these butcher shops get closed down. Thank you for keeping me from making a huge mistake.
 29th of Dec, 2009 by   Bits 0 Votes
There are some good doctors there, but please, as with any procedure, check him/her out w/ the American Plastic Board, The Osteopathis board, AMA, and your atate medical licensing board.
When I had mine done, I never knew this was an option for me. I believed everything they told me.
As far as the commercials, someone commented they haven't seen them lately.
Try watching during the #1 rated soap opera, "the Young & Restless', '''The Glen Beck Show' on Fox and The hit show, "The Doctors'. They have an awesome marketing team.
 1st of Jan, 2010 by   Lorrita 0 Votes
I had my face lift in 2008 and thats when the nightmare began. They did the procedure again in 2009 to fix the failures from the first procedure with the same effects. I had my eyes done and they had to do the procedure again and the results are terrible. This was the worse nightmare of my life. I would like to join a class action law suite against this company for false advertisement and the pain and suffering I went through. Please don't make the same mistakes that I have.
 3rd of Jan, 2010 by   tonisentyou 0 Votes
Wow! I saw their ad in the Sunday Parade-type magazine we get locally. Several years ago I had the "threadlift" (which sounds a lot like the Lifestyle Lift) done by Dr. Cynthia Boxrud of Santa Monica, CA. She did a terrific job! I look at least ten years younger. Dr. Boxrud has a conservative approach to plastic surgery and the result was very natural. I highly recommend her. Even if you have to travel, it's worth the extra time and expense to have your "work" done by an experienced professional.
 3rd of Jan, 2010 by   Bits 0 Votes
You were lucky, Thank God...
Happy New Year