logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
PCH
You cant register for cash prize
2. (4 mins ago)
WIN PAYMENT CENTRE
HOW TO CLAIM YOUR WINNING PRIZE
5. (11 mins ago)
Awok.com
No value for customer complaints

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

LifeQuotes, Darien, Illinois Complaints & Reviews - Insurance Agents (Dont do It)

LifeQuotes Contacts & Informations

LifeQuotes

Posted:    agent4you

Insurance Agents (Dont do It)

8205 South Cass Avenue, Suite 102
8205 South Cass Avenue, Suite 102
Darien, Illinois
lifequotes.com
Stay away from LifeQuotes, Inc. If it sounds too good to be true, it is too good to be true. I know because I gave it a try. Yes, they will pay you $23 an hour for Talk Time but you will be taking incoming calls from customers who want to be transferred to their agent so you will be acting like a receptionist. Only thing, you'll be logged on 4 to 5 hours to generate 1 hr of talk time. You are required to commit 5 hours a week, but after I joined they increased it to 25 minimum. They will give you leads but you will be following up on old, recirculated leads who have been called over and over (these people don't want insurance, can't qualify for it, or don't have money to pay for it. Many of the leads are from insurance agents checking out the site so you will get bogus names, bogus telephone, email and mail addresses). You will actually speak to prospects who have heard their radio ads for buying $500, 000 of Life Insurance for $15 a month. When they tell you that they are 55 years old, Type 2 diabetic or 300 pounds and you quote them much more than $15 a month, they hang up on you. Lifequotes also wants you to sell a $300, 000 Accidental Death policy (with No Living benefits, that ends when the client turns 75) for over $30 a month or $45 a month for family coverage). Yes, if you are an experienced Life Insurance agent, you will actually sell a few policies. I actually sold 12 policies out of about 100 leads during my 2 months with them. And you will be doing all the grunt work (following up on APS, Paramed exams, missing client signatures, that LifeQuotes tells you that they do, but they don't. I actually received leads as I was logging in at night to try to get West Coast cases. But the leads were originating from NY, NJ and I couldn't call them because it was after 9 PM and the company prohibited us from calling after hours because of the DNC rules. I would leave messages the next day or sent emails that evening, but never received return messages. I suspect if they did call back, they were being routed to their own employees at their call center. And finally, after about 2 months while your cases have been underwriting, when the commissions that you worked so hard for (at 30% commission) start to come in, you get an email from LifeQuotes stating that they are dropping you because you can't close. This company is a revolving door. They know that they can get agents to do all the grunt work, terminate them, and then they keep all the commissions after about the 2nd month. They have a call center of full time agents in Illinois who get all the best leads as they partner with GEICO. They tell you that they have case managers, but in reality, you're doing all the grunt work and you only get paid $23 an hour for when you actually speak with someone. I've been selling Life Insurance for over 21 years so I know I can sell Life Insurance and close. Take my advice stay away from LifeQuotes, Inc.
Comments United States Work at Home
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

14th of Oct, 2010 by   IBelieve 0 Votes
I'm very familiar with the Life Quotes program for outside life insurance agents and it's a nice program. They pay you $23 per hour of talk time + 30% commission under their Plan 23/30 and you can work your own days and hours, subject to 20 hours minimum per week. The action is fast and you'll talk to perhaps 75 people per day. It's a call center kind of a sales job for experienced life agents, so expect to be busy. And if you miss working your schedule 3 or more times, your new lead flow is cut off and you could be terminated. Life Quotes has contracts with 30 leading companies and they offer consumers a $500 Lowest Price guarantee, which is nice. Another nice aspect of the Life Quotes Outside Agent program is that you have no lead costs and ever lead given is an exclusive lead.
 2nd of Nov, 2010 by   Agent4Life 0 Votes
Sounds like IBelieve who commented above works for Life Quotes. She basically posted a commercial to combat the honest experience of the agent4you. LMAO Thats horrible PR, especially when it blatantly obvious that IBelieve is probably the recruiter for the position. Erin Hannigan is that you?
 12th of Nov, 2010 by   Agent4joy 0 Votes
There is no pain to describ what has happened to me at lifequotes. It is the worst thing in the world. THE WORST...if you work there get the hell out...if you dont DO NOT BELIEVE THE LIES!
 12th of Nov, 2010 by   Agent4joy 0 Votes
 12th of Nov, 2010 by   IBelieve 0 Votes
I like Life Quotes and think only former employees who failed are on this complaint board - why else allow anonymous names here?
I'm very familiar with the Life Quotes program and it's a nice program. New agents at Darien headquarters are given 10-15 new life leads per day and about 9 months to prove themselves. There's plenty of support, workshops and the team leaders are nice. The customers are also wonderful to work with. CEO takes chances on young people and even those with no insurance experience. One new agent made over $100, 000 first year and had no insurance sales experience. Another #1 agent was made a Sales Team Leader before her 26th birthday. It's not high pressure, either. They use scripts, of course, but encourage agents to develop personal relationships.
 1st of Dec, 2010 by   Agent4All 0 Votes
"I like Life Quotes and think only former employees who failed are on this complaint board "
Yea right ! If the agent fails it's because you the administration also failed. You people at Life Quotes just don't get it.
They take absolutely no responsibility whatsoever. They want you to think that all their leads have been refined in gold. I was only with Life Quotes for 3 months, then they canned me because I had 2 dry weeks. I sure wasn't given 9 months to prove myself ! During those 2 weeks I was flooded with calls of people who wanted the 500k super dooper preferred rate they saw in the article. These people were either poor or had some major health issues. I couldn't sell these people so Life Quotes threw me out like garbage ! Nice people they have there.
All I hear from IBelieve are just bells and whistles. Just to close, what Bland did to Michael P. was down right Trash. I spoke to Michael right before he quite, great guy. Life Q and Bland are buch of idiots to let a quality person like Michael to leave ! At least one good honest classy person stood up and spoke his mind. Good luck to you Mike.
 1st of Dec, 2010 by   IBelieve 0 Votes
I am very familiar with the Life Quotes program and it is a nice program. The leads are outsanding and you get 10-20 of them per day! New agents at Darien headquarters are given 9 months to prove themselves. Several of the top agents there have no insurance backgrounds and rose very quickly to $100, 000+ in earnings. Mgt. support is great and there are always workshops to attend.
The customers are also wonderful to work with. CEO takes chances on young people and even those with no insurance experience. He promotes young people all the time. A young #1 agent was made a Sales Team Leader before her 26th birthday. It is not a high pressure system, either. They use scripts, of course, but encourage agents to develop personal relationships. And the 30-company rater they built is out of this world because it gives accurate quotes for 30+ illnesses.
 1st of Dec, 2010 by   Agent4All 0 Votes
There you go. Typical machine like persona. WOW...your brainwashing young agents with no experience. OMG.
Thanks for the info. I will sure tell consumers to be aware of Life Quotes...these new inexperienced agent are making 6 figures. This tells the whole story with LQ...making money for God Bob is the goal. Keep sending more information...this stuff is good. THX
 1st of Dec, 2010 by   IBelieve 0 Votes
Here I go again. I am familiar with the Life Quotes program and it is a nice program. For agents, the leads are outsanding and you get 10-20 of them per day. New agents inside Darien headquarters are given 9 months to prove themselves. Several top agents there have no insurance backgrounds and rose very quickly to $100, 000+ in earnings. Mgt. support is great and there are always workshops to attend. The customers are also wonderful to work with and they save a lot of money because Life Quotes compares 30 companies' rates on every search. CEO takes chances on young people and even those with no insurance experience; he promotes young people all the time. I know of a young #1 agent that was made a Sales Team Leader before her 26th birthday. It is not a high pressure system, either. They use scripts, of course, but encourage agents to develop personal relationships and to do through needs analysis on every customer before making a recommendation. The firm's 30-company rater is out of this world because it gives accurate quotes for 30+ illnesses, which customers love.
 2nd of Dec, 2010 by   Agent4All +1 Votes
OK machine brainwashed Bland. Just keep in mind..get your cards in order for your future and prepare for a job change... just like Michael Pace did. I warned you !
 2nd of Dec, 2010 by   IBelieve 0 Votes
Who is Bland? And thanks for the threat. You don't know me and never will. That's why you're here - anonymity is your delight.
The Life Quotes program and it is a nice program. For agents, the leads are outsanding and you get 10-20 of them per day. New agents inside Darien headquarters are given 9 months to prove themselves. Several top agents there have no insurance backgrounds and rose very quickly to $100, 000+ in earnings. Mgt. support is great and there are always workshops to attend. The customers are also wonderful to work with and they save a lot of money because Life Quotes compares 30 companies' rates on every search. CEO takes chances on young people and even those with no insurance experience; he promotes young people all the time. I know of a young #1 agent that was made a Sales Team Leader before her 26th birthday. It is not a high pressure system, either. They use scripts, of course, but encourage agents to develop personal relationships and to do through needs analysis on every customer before making a recommendation. The firm's 30-company rater is out of this world because it gives accurate quotes for 30+ illnesses, which customers love.
 2nd of Dec, 2010 by   Agent4All 0 Votes
You have all this information about LQ and you do not know who Bob Bland is ??? You are either stupid or severely
dillussional . He is the CEO of Life Quotes Inc. Again, if you have any affiliation of Life Quotes..ask about Michael Pace who they rid of as if a piece of garbage!!! If you mistaken this company, than disregard these messages and go on with your life.
 2nd of Dec, 2010 by   Agent4All 0 Votes
My threat as you termed is not a threat...it's a warning, which means...look out for your own butt...because Life Quotes will cast you out as far as they can throw you !
 2nd of Dec, 2010 by   IBelieve -2 Votes
I'm already doin' it, you idiot -- and I don't need you to describe it to me. Who is Pace? The Life Quotes program is a nice program for agents, if you can sell. The leads are fresh and exclusive and I get 10-20 of them per day. I work the days and hours of my choosing and the training is excellent and thorough - Mike Bruce was wonderful and patient. I took about 15 hours of training - all from home. Several top agents there have no insurance backgrounds and make $100, 000+ in earnings. Mgt. support is great and there are always daily workshops to attend. The customers are also wonderful to work with and they save a lot of money because Life Quotes compares 30 companies' rates. CEO answers his own e-mails and takes chances on young people and even those with no insurance experience; he promotes young people all the time. I know of a young agent that was made a Sales Team Leader before her 26th birthday!! It is not a high pressure system, either. They do use scripts, of course, but encourage agents to develop personal relationships and to do through needs analysis on every customer before making a recommendation. The firm's 30-company rater is out of this world because it gives accurate quotes for 30+ illnesses, which life buyers love.
 2nd of Dec, 2010 by   Agent4All 0 Votes
Here you go IBELIEVE..one of your own

"I lost everything to lifequotes...or as it was then called INSURE.com...i was a team leader and bob the owner ground his heel into my face and told me to choke down the new reps that they are a pipeline feeder "just push them through". Never in my life have i experienced anything like this. I could see the joy and hope running out of the faces of enthusiastic young people. I still shudder." Sounds like Michael Pace to me !
 2nd of Dec, 2010 by   Agent4All 0 Votes
Brenda...interesting enough...go to Life Quotes Web Site and watch the video. The guy on the video says Life Quotes compares quotes with 25 insurance carriers. You stated that LQ compares quotes with 30 companies...just as I was told. Well..who's right ! Can you quote or even name the 30 companies ? This is advertising...or is it false advertising... You and me are the agents with E&O insurance and could be liable with false advertising information...I could go on and on about how unethical this company goes. Hey, if your happy and doing well..than God Bless you and take care !
Sorry Brenda..my last post was for IBelieve
 31st of Dec, 2010 by   IBelieve -1 Votes
The Life Quotes program is a nice program for agents -- if you can sell. The leads are fresh and exclusive and I get 10-20 of them per day.
I work the days and hours of my choosing and the training is excellent and thorough. Mike Bruce was wonderful and patient. I took about 15 hours of training - all from home.
CEO answers his own e-mails and takes chances on young people and even those with no insurance experience; he promotes young people all the time. I called him several times, even off hours and he loves his agents.
 24th of Mar, 2011 by   dramafree 0 Votes
I just got let go at Life Quotes, Inc. I am happy... a lot of hard work for absolutely nothing... I had commisions due to me and everyday it got worse and worse and worse... IT issues... noone to help me with my cases... it was one problem after another... and a complete waist of time and money to get going... everything these people said is true about the leads and the case management and they won't answer your questions... training... oh please...every day the training was canceled or you would wait on a web ex for no one to show... they are only spinning people out... they are horrible.. have serious IT issues... they are a bunch of bunk...they tried to bash me too and say it was me that they are fast paced...but I wouldn't let them... I told him to stop bashing me. I am an ethical agent and I wouldn't allow it... I just told him to pay me and let me go because I think he scammed me... I feel like an idiot... I can't believe I fell for this... never again.. I am working on growing my business and securing residuals for my retirement... the guy is spinning out good agents and it is not an equal opportunity employer... an outside agent doesn't have a fair chance...I also caught them selling my clients GI from a carrier the OA did not have access too... bad news... total waist of time and energy...
 7th of Apr, 2011 by   YOU CANT TRUST A PIG WITH LIPSTICK 0 Votes
THIS COMPANY IS A BIG SCAM. JUST REMEMBER ITS HARD AS HELL TO MAKE 100 GRAND. IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN FROM THE PRIVACY OF YOUR HOME, BUT IF A 1oo THOUSAND PEOPLE FALL FOR THIS SCAM AND SELL JUST 4 POLICIES WHILE YOUR NEW AND PUMPED FOR A GOOD TWO WEEKS, YOU WILL MAKE THE HEAD HUNCHO BOB BLAND 100 GRAND PLUS. THINK ABOUT THE PYRAMID SCEME HERE. DON, T FALL FOR THIS IN THIS ECONOMY. START YOUR ON WEB BASE INTERNET COMPANY TAKE WHAT YOU CAN GET .DON'T BE A VICTIM OF GREED. EVERY ABOUT THIS COMPANY IS PHONY. I LOST 4, 000 DOLLARS ON THIS WORK FROM HOME CRAP.

FREE iPAD 3? Scams!