logo

Quality Business Planning
Invester funding scam
5. (54 mins ago)
Speeddate.com
SCAM billing did not subscribe to it

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

LIBERTY MEDICAL SUPPLY, Port St. Lucie, Florida Complaints & Reviews - Diabetes suppplies

LIBERTY MEDICAL SUPPLY Contacts & Informations

LIBERTY MEDICAL SUPPLY

Posted:    claire M

Diabetes suppplies

Liberty Medical Supply
10045 S. Highway
Port St. Lucie, Florida
Phone: 8003172436
On December 1, 09, I spoke with a man named Alexander his extension is 75606. I was inquiring about mail ordering diabetes supplies for my daughter. After giving him my insurance information, I told him we have met our deductible so I'm pretty sure this might be covered. He TOLD me that he will check with my insurance company and call me back if there is a co pay. If you do not hear from me there is not a co pay. I waited for the call he never called me back. I received her medical supplies in the mail a few days later. The order date on the invoice is Dec. 3, 09 I thought, good everything is covered. A month later I received a Pending Insurance Claim Statement for 810.00!! I spoke with customer service, he told me he saw the conversation on the computer I had with Alexander, he sent me to the billing dept. She did not see the conversation I had on her computer, and pretty much told me it's my fault! That I should have known that this was out of network. I never knew that! She didn't want to hear that Alexander was to call me back and tell me this, her replied was, we do this as a courtesy. We went back and fourth. She didn't want to hear anything. I just received another Pending Insurance Claim Statement on 2/9/10, there is no indication that my insurance company was notified. I also never received an Explanation of Benefits from Aetna. I thought I would at this time. Please help me get through to Liberty, I would never have agreed to 30%-70% let alone paying the whole amount of $810.00. I would have gone back to CVS and pay 25.00.
Comments United States Products & Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

23rd of Feb, 2010 by   Lady'nTX +1 Votes
I'm buying my diabetic testing supplies from my local pharmacy right now. I have called Liberty three times, and emailed them once asking for a bill for my $135.00 Medicare Part B deductible from 2009. This deductible was met in the EARLY part of 2009. Now, I am facing another deductible for 2010 and I am not going to try to deal with Liberty Medical until they get my account straightened out. I wonder how there pricing compares to other testing supply companies. Anyone know??
 8th of Apr, 2010 by   Caring Guy +1 Votes
Our first time testing supply order was forwarded to Liberty which is owned by our insurer Medco. They sent too large a supply for someone with boarder -line diabetes. We got a log form to submit to Medicare and a phone call from Liberty. We were told the doctor ordered supplies to test 4x a day This was a lie. Dr. ordered 2x a day only. Medicare requires documentation for reimbursement for high use testers. Later received a call requesting our approval for a reorder. I questioned the validity of the 4x a day testing. She back tracked and said, " Oh, the Dr. only requested 2x testing." I could forget the form. I don't believe this was a mistake. I would assume they are trying this scam on lots of people. They are out to rip off Medicare( that is the American people). Liberty Medical has a poor reputation with the Diabetes support I attend.
 1st of Nov, 2010 by   Very_Upset +2 Votes
I order my diabetic supplies on Dec 22 of 2009 and since I had met my required amount it would be covered minus co-pay. LM purposely held off posting the order until Jan 6 of 2010 and expects me to pay the full price. When we finally were able to get someone on the phone, the little abusive snot blamed my doctors office for not returning the request/prescription until Jan 3 2010 and blames me for waiting until the end of the year. They were abusive and upset my wife greatly.
 2nd of Nov, 2011 by   81nanny +1 Votes
I received a bill from Liberty Medical and I spent most of the day looking up my statements etc.When I found that my checks had been cashed, I called Liberty Medical. Apparently what they do is when you pay a bill they credit it to your past account. I have always paid my bills on time but as they wanted my copy of the checks (back and front) which I don't get.Some of these charges are from 2009. Ridiculous!!!.Needless to say I told them to cancel my account...I will pay them what they say I owe BUT I know I don't owe them anything ..If everyone did business this way, how could you keep track of what is owed???? I'd like to see their tax records...
I will go to the local pharmacy from now on...
 29th of Nov, 2011 by   pattykake466 +1 Votes
Someone should look into their billing depart. I paid the dang bill but I know I didnt owe it, they are ripping people off I am sure. They did the same thing to me as to nanny 81, saying I owed money, they need to be investigated and hopefully someone will soon.
 22nd of Dec, 2011 by   challenders11 +1 Votes
My husband is a diabetic and has gotten his supplies from Liberty Medical for the past 3 years. We were told that most of his supplies would be covered by Medicare but if we owed anything, we would receive a statement. The first year, we did receive a bill, which we paid instantly online. After that, we never received any statements or bills from them. We received medicare statements showing they had been paying Liberty. He's had other health issues so his Medicare deductible was always paid towards other bills.. We thought nothing odd from not receiving a bill from Liberty, assuming the supplies were covered by Medicare, and never gave it a 2nd thought. He's a type 2 and only gets his testing strips from Liberty, nothing else.
A few months ago, we received a past due notice that he owed something like $386, threatening to send this to a collection agency. He called them and asked how that could be since we've never received a statement. The young man he talked to insisted that everything concerning our address was correct on our account and we were being sent statements every month. My husband very politely told him his computer may say so, but he's telling him we have never received any statements. If we had, we would have paid our bill. The young man insisted that we HAD received statements. My husband asked him if he was calling him a liar! The young man talked circles around my husband, who ended up just scratching his head. He was told they would send us an itemized billing.. We never received it. Despite questioning if we even owed them any money, we started making payments to them, but after a few months of still not receiving any statements or itemized billing showing why he owes this money, we stopped sending in payments.. We will be calling them again and insisting they send us an itemized statement proving he does owe them money.
In the meantime, he's decided to buy his strips from the pharmacy. Less hassle, and he knows exactly what they cost, no surprise bills 3 years down the road!
 22nd of Dec, 2011 by   81nanny +2 Votes
This company should be investigated..Their book keeping practices are not real..!!!
 31st of Dec, 2011 by   mchance945 +1 Votes
I am on the front end of dealing with Liberty over the exact same issue as 81nanny. My mother is the customer and is meticulous about paying her bills. Several days ago, she gets a bill from Liberty with charging dating back to January 2009. Liberty says the outstanding bill for 2009-2011 is $200.00. Yet this is the first bill she has received. Part of the secret to this mystery is this company is owned by Medco Health which has to be one of the worst companies in the known world to deal with.

mchance945
 22nd of Jan, 2012 by   MoarBrainz +1 Votes
What I don't get is why you folks on Medicare are paying *anything* for your supplies?!? Medicare Advantage plans are available in almost any area of the country for a $0 monthly premium, you do NOT lose your Medicare & you get your supplies for FREE!

Why on Earth would you pay Medicare deductibles & coinsurance when, FOR NO ADDITIONAL COST TO YOU, you could have a Medicare Advantage plan? Your age does not matter as long as you have both Part A & Part B.

Do yourself or your loved one a favor. Call Medicare and ask them if there are advantage plans in your area. Stop spending money you don't have to spend! 1-800-633-4227.
 16th of Nov, 2012 by   jerseypenny +2 Votes
Same as issue as 81nanny. However, I kept a record of the person I spoke to (Letitia) who gave me a number to call and a confirmation number to indicate the bill had been paid - this in August, 2011. Today I get a bill, Nov. 2012, and am told they have no one by the name of "Letitia", no record of my phone call, and no such confirmation numbers. I was also told the number was most likely Medicare. I goggled the number and sure enough it is a disconnected number associated with Liberty Medical. I am reporting them to the Attorney General and good luck if they think I'm paying them - AGAIN!. I think this is a company that realizes most of its customers are seniors and are taking advantage.
 26th of Feb, 2013 by   Don Simpson +1 Votes
Four times I have ordered my supplies from you. I have been told they would be sent. I am a long time customer of yours and I don't understand the delay. I NEED MY SUPPLIES as I am running low. PLEASE check into this immediately.
Simcerely
Don Simpson
 11th of Mar, 2013 by   Hobbesmom +1 Votes
My husband has ordered testing supplies from Liberty Medical since year 2010. We have Medicare as primary ins., & Aetna for secondary. We never received nor been required to pay out of pocket, a bill from Liberty until Dec. 2012, for $55 which we paid immediately. We also have not received any supplies since the $55 was paid.We received a bill for $148 this week. I called for an explanation & were told auditors came in middle of January & went back two years & looked up unpaid balances from past two yrs & we owe it. I asked why it took two yrs to bill for uncollected balances. Actually because we have a secondary ins co. We did not owe them anything. I asked the lady to waive the balances, whoever heard of billing two yrs later for bills accrued so long ago which our secondary insurance co. Had already paid. I was told balances could not be waived, however, payment plans are offered. It galls me that they are ripping us off this way. Also, they call our house many times a day & late at night. I requested that all phone calls cease, we had enough sense to order supplies when we need them. Something is wrong with the CEO of the company that would allow this 2 year billing scheme to take place. How many customers are they going to loose over this rip off. I know we have quit them. I guess $148 is more important to them than an ongoing acct. does anyone know how far back a company can go back & change the prices to collect unwarranted fees?
 3rd of May, 2013 by   bobbo9 +2 Votes
Liberty Medical Company is a bunch of scamming defrauding piece of shit azzholes! BEWARE of them and do not get hooked up with them or you will end up being billed for hundreds of dollars that you do not owe, and they WILL NOT RESPOND or work out complaints!
 28th of May, 2013 by   simonize +2 Votes
I have had many complaints including their not posting my payments. Though I sent them evidence with my credit card payment bills by registered mail they never responded. But they kept sending me more bills. Talking to a rep I was told I owed about 5 $ and if I sent that amount no further payments were needed. I sent it. They cashed it. But bills kept coming. The irony is Medco referred me to them automatically and they do not seem to do anything about the complaints. In fact they did not inform me the customer that Liberty was under investigation or bankruptcy. Great way of doing business - millking sick customers! - simonized
 26th of Jun, 2013 by   Helen Toby 0 Votes
my friend has a colostamy. Her condition is so severe that she uses 3 or 4 bags a day. Liberty will not send her medical records to Medicare to get a waver for the large # of supplies she needs. Medicare will not take the records from her or her Dr. She is house bound as a result of the horrible people at Liberty Medical Supplies.
I wish I knew a lawyer who would take her case/
 29th of Oct, 2013 by   Rcumba 0 Votes
I have been receiving supplies from liberty for several years. My wife's insurance is primary and I only have medicare part A. I have never received any statement that said I owed anything until3 days ago. I answered their irritating 2 to 3 times a day computer calls and selected that I wanted to speak with someone about my insurance and bill. I got a recording that someone would call me within the next few days. They say I owe 221.58 dollars. No explanation and covers from April to August this year. Remember, I have never been billed before!!! I wonder if they will call me back? All of the complaints astound me!!! They must be controlled by the incompetent government!!
 12th of Nov, 2013 by   Gail J 0 Votes
It has been a nightmare trying to get insulin from this company. I have been trying to have them ship insulin to me, since the 1st. It is now the12th. Yesterday, they said they received my prescription and would ship out the insulin. I called today to see where it was and those snotty women (I talked to more than 1), told me although they received the form from my doctor, they cancelled my order. They proceeded to tell me they couldn't say why. HORRIBLE COMPANY as well as terrible customer service.
 11th of Dec, 2013 by   fall chicken 0 Votes
I get continuous glucose monitoring supplies by mail from Liberty. I am now getting phone calls from them about once a day - they are offering to send me all of the supplies for which I am eligible - but when I go through the "choose which supplies you want" they are only listing supplies I have never ordered from them (lancets, insulin, test strips, etc.). When I go through the whole thing and say no to each option the call ends. Then next day they call again. Sure seems like a scam.
 14th of Jan, 2014 by   MLVh 0 Votes
I have been receiving my insulin pump supplies from Liberty since 2009 NEVER have I had a problem until November 2013. My doctor's orders had expired and had to be renewed. I called my doctor's office on November 26 and asked them to FAX new orders. Two weeks later still had not received supplies. Called Liberty again. They told me they had faxed the doctor's office 3 times and had received no response. Again I called the doctor's office and was told the orders had been FAXED TWICE. Liberty and I went round and round and I still have not received supplies. Finally called the doctor's office again and they told me they would call Liberty. In the meantime we (Doctor & I) received FOUR different FAX numbers. My doctor's office called me on Friday, Jan 10 and told me they had spoken with Liberty and verified they had received the Faxed orders. Today, Jan 14, I called Liberty to verify the supplies were on the way. Liberty told me they have the order but they don't have a primary insurance for me. I have Medicare with a supplemental and nothing has changed in four years. Was told I would have send them the insurance information again. Normally, I am a very calm person but today I lost it...told Liberty they have all my information and have had it for 4 years and they better ship my supplies NOW.
I cannot understand what is happening with Liberty. All I know if I get these supplies, it will be the LAST ONES I GET FROM LIBERTY.
 27th of Jan, 2014 by   Unhappy in Fla 0 Votes
I put an order in through them in December. They sent 2 of the 3 things wrong. I called back, clarified the order, returned the 2 wrong supplies, was on hold for 1 3/4 hours. NO EXAGERATION... This company is a joke!!! There is only a note of "received wrong supplies" nothing more. If these supplies were for myself it wouldn't be so irritating, but they are for my 6 yr. old son. I have NEVER complained publically before, much less on the internet, but this is the worst company I have EVER dealt with in my life. I PLEAD with anyone reading this...RUN!!! I am in shock that this business is still in business, and wish I had checked this site out before I placed my order. NEVER AGAIN!!! Straight to the local pharmacy where I had NEVER had a problem...

Chinese Nuke Scam