logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
Isagenix
This blender is absolutely useless
2. (2 mins ago)
product

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Liberty Financial Svc/Griswold Special Care, Los Angeles Complaints & Reviews - Sweepstakes scam

Liberty Financial Svc/Griswold Special Care Contacts & Informations

Liberty Financial Svc/Griswold Special Care

Posted: 2014-02-03 by    kmjkk23

Sweepstakes scam

USA Mega
8255 Victoria Ave
Phone: 1-778-237-6348
My elderly Uncle received a letter from Liberty Financial Services 8255 Victoria Ave Los Angeles, CA 92356 stating that he had won 2nd prize in the USA Mega (under international Sweepstake)draw held on January 6th, 2014. Serial Number 4892017 attached to your name matched the first five lucky winning numbers 49-13-33-25-39, you have won $355, 000.00 (Three hundred and fifty five thousand dollars). Liberty Financial services have been assigned by the international sweepstake organization to inform you about your winning and your payment. Your payment will be made by a CERTIFIED CHECK, which will be delivered by our special courier company. Enclosed is a check of $4, 650.00 (Four thousand six hundred and fifty dollars) which is provided to help you pay for the processing fee. Processing Fee: $3, 850.00 DOLLARS. You are advised to contact your CLAIM AGENT: David Morgan @ 1778-237-6348 Monday-Friday: 10am-5pm and Saturdays 10am-1pm to start your claim processing and to activate your check. NOTE: Please do not act on this notice until you contact your claim agent to avoid cases of misappropriation and mishandling of winning. We are very pleased and excited for you, Sarah Mayer Promotion Manager. Please Sign and detach this part to give to our representative after you receive the rest of your check of $355, 000.00. Then enclosed was a check for $4, 650.00 from Griswold Special Care 308 Main Street Everett, MA 02149 issued by Citizens Bank, Riverside, RI 02915. My Uncle is continuously receiving fraud mailings of this type. His name and address have apparently been victimized by these people/organizations out to make free money. He believes that he is really going to get money from these people. My Aunt has started "intercepting" the mail before he has a chance to send them any money. I have printed fraud information out for him to read, but he still has the belief that these people don't exist! He is 86 years old and I hate the fact that these people prey on him. As far as we know he has not given out any financial information to anyone of these characters. Hope this helps someone who has been told the same lies!!
Comments United States Scam & Fake Checks
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

8th of Mar, 2014 by   Ghirat 0 Votes
My wife recieved the exact same letter, except the check was made by aetna life insurance company, backed by citibank n.a
 8th of Mar, 2014 by   Doreths Croker 0 Votes
have the same letter as well II Aetna life insurance and his name is David Morgan he was telling me to cash the check n then call him back and someone will come out with a Certify check, I call him n he pick up under a differ #
 9th of Mar, 2014 by   lisa-d 0 Votes
Got the same Letter with a different contact number-Can we refer this to the authorities to investigate?!?!
 3rd of Jun, 2014 by   Anonymous in So. Cal. 0 Votes
I received a very similar letter and check today. I knew right away it was a scam, since the name of the company that issued the check is spelled incorrectly "Horwoood Marcus & Berk Chartered" (three "o"s). I googled "Liberty Financial Services scam" and multiple sites with similar comments are out there. Have your dad read some of those comments. I'd like to take this to my local police department to see if they will look into it.

Tips How to Avoid and Report Consumer Fraud