logo

Eli Fine Cars
rip off
4. (1 hr 31 mins ago)
dresses1000.com
Ignore communication and no delivery
5. (1 hr 49 mins ago)

Posted:    jatin pathak

LG sucks

LG
India
I have 200 litres LG intello cool fridge bought 6 months back from Dass electronics, pune. 5 days back it stopped working, no cooling and no compressor sound. I got the service after 3 days on 15th March. The serviceman detected that compressor is shot and came again with a new compressor on 17th March. The so called new compressor was not sealed packed and when asked, he said, He broke the packed seal for testing the compressor. He went ahead and replaced the compressor, which got shot again in 2 minutes. Now the question is "Was the compressor really new?" OR "Are LG compressors so bad that they stop working in within such a short time". I am really pissed of with the LG product and the service. I have been living in this hot summer without fridge for more than 5 days now and that too guest at my house.

To all of you out there, Beware of LG products...
Comments India Consumer Electronics
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

25th of Mar, 2008 by   Pamela 0 Votes
I too have had problems with the LG, model LFX25960ST, french doors refrigerator with lower drawer freezer.

I bought it in June 2007, it started having ice making problems, not working, food loss, leaking from the ice maker, floor damage.

Every month a new repair person would say it was the fan, the mother board, the compressor, the something.

It is now March 2008, and now the refrigerator has stopped working totally. no freezing, no cooling, no nothing. Nice easter dinner for my family ruined.

I do not want a replacement, I want a total refund.

I will never, ever buy LG again. And I will tell everyone that life is not good with LG.
 19th of May, 2008 by   louis 0 Votes
Refrigerators used to last 15-20 years.

LG builds them to last 5 years...so they break down after the warantee. My LG (GR-621R) builds ices like crazy and blocks the freezer door if I don't defrost it with a knife every week.

I also bought a LG DVD, that had a great design, instead of getting a no name brand from Wallmart at 1/2 the price. My LG DVD player died a few days after the warrantee finished. I guess it was designed to last just long enough, just like the refrigerator.

I had 2 very bad LG experiences...and I will NEVER buy LG products anymore.
 4th of Sep, 2008 by   Steve 0 Votes
No, you may have just gotten a bad serviceman. There are alot of companies out there that try to scam people by replacing broken compressors or other parts with "new" parts, that may have actually been salvaged out of other fridges.

But I do have to say this, LG's compressors ar efar better than anything you will find out on the market, in fact, they are used in many other refrigerators because LG manufacturers and/or owns a lot of the patents for refrigerators. Look in the back of a GE or Maytag refrigerator, or even a Magic Chef Compact Fridge, all the compressors sport the LG logo. They are definately the most reliable.

So, before you start jumping all over a company with a PROVEN track record, please think about what if it was just the repair guy possibly scamming you, or maybe it was even a mistake, and he accidentally picked up the wrong one. A lot of compressors are remanufacturered (except for the new machines). They cost a lot of money to manufacture. The same thing goes with alternators in cars and compressors in cars, they cost way too much money to buy a new one, and that's why most of them a reman.

Also, LG does not do the reman process, it is actually from a 3rd party companies that buys parts from LG and are rebuilt by hand. So it may be a reman process error.
 26th of Oct, 2008 by   Attiq 0 Votes
I must say, I have also lost trust in LG. I bought a really nice looking american style fridge freezer GRL207TUJA which has broken down 18 months of service, it had a 1 year warranty, so I guess it was built to last 12 months? is this really good for the enviroment..
 4th of Nov, 2008 by   hi tracy 0 Votes
grl207tuja lg american fridge freezer that has also broken down after one year it knocks all my electricty off when it trys to switch on bloody spitting feathers last lg i will buy also if they will not fit it
 20th of Feb, 2009 by   Bruce 0 Votes
To be more politically correct, the LG french door fridge LFX25960ST all and customer service suck. I am on my third service call for the ice maker and just had the update for the energy efficency that was falsely advertised costing more than it should. I also had the light melt down as well. At what point is LG going to accept responsibilty for this piece of shit and every one that has been put out by their neglegence. Just three words, CLASS ACTION SUIT.
 23rd of Jun, 2009 by   C S Porter 0 Votes
I bought LG refrigerator in April 2005. It worked well. Only today i.e. 23.6.09 it is not colling stuff. Light is on but no compressor sound. The defrost button when pressed comes out immediately. What could be the problem. Is compressor alright? What could be the reason? Cn any one suggest remedy please.

C.S. Porter, Pushp Vihar, New Delhi
cyrilsporter@gmail.com
 19th of Aug, 2009 by   Dutchcurl 0 Votes
I purchased the LG refrigerator model # LFX25960st. I had no problem at all until I had the upgrade done and the bottom left drawer contents started freezin and now everything is freezing even with the temperature set at 40 degrees. My electric bill has gone way up the last two months. LG's tech said that my refrigerator needed to be replace because it was unfixable on August 12th. The compressor runs nonstop. The resolution person called on August 18th and said it would be 7-10 days before the freight company could deliver another refrigerator. Today I threw away 3 pounds of apples, 2 pounds of grapes, a watermelon, dozen eggs, and a pound of baby carrots. LG will not refund me for any food or the extra electric for the last two months. They did send me a check for $44 because of the energy rating. If you are not having any problems do not get the upgrade done. I also have a top load LG washer that has had the door replaced once because the bleach runs under the pan onto the door and rust forms. It has rusted again but LG will not replace it because the warranty is up and they say I am putting in to much bleach. I will never buy another LG product because of the bad quality and the customer service is lousy.
 21st of Aug, 2009 by   sidneyphillips 0 Votes
My fridge is rusting thru from what I feel was improper preping of the steel before paintingh. I found out there is no one in my service area to look at this. 2 1/2 years ago when I purchased the refrigerator we also purchased a microwave and dishwasher. One week ago we bought lg washer and dryer steam top of the line. The only majoe appliance not lg is our range. Since speaking to Lewis and his manager Carla who basicly said they will do nothing about this since it is out of warranty. I feel that no appliance should rust at 2 1/2 years with no damage causing this. You'll be hearing from me more as I advertise your product. My friends, family and anyone that wants to listen on the net will be a more informed shopper.
Dissatisfied
 30th of Aug, 2009 by   sharongy 0 Votes
I have a kenmore trio refrigeration made by LG. It is a piece of garbage. Everything in the rear of the frig freezes and the fruit and veg drawers and the shelf above them as welll. I have thrown out hundreds of pieces of produce in the last 2 years due to freezing. I have replaced rollers on the cheese keeper because they froze and broke. ITEMS ON THE SHELF BY THE LIGHT SPOIL DUE TO EXCESS HEAT FROM THE LIGHT. MY ELECTRIC BILL HAS SKY ROCKETED. I AM FED UP... I do not want their repair nor there $8.00 A YEAR. I want an energy star refrigerator that was represented to me when I bought this one. I am concerned about energy conservation and read in consumers report that even with their repair the refrigerator would still not quality as energy star. Sears has refused to stand by their product. I have been a loyal customer to Sears and bought many products from them but they have lost me now. If you call sears for repair they either do not come on the day promised or they won't come for weeks. I am tired of wasting money on frozen produce and excessive enegy to operate this misrepresented piece of garbage AS WELL AS STORES THAT WILL NOT STAND BEHIND THEIR PRODUCTS..
Sharon Young
 15th of Jun, 2010 by   Neha Mattoo 0 Votes
seriously EVEN I WAS CHEATED BY LG.
I BOUGHT A LG TELEVISION AND WITHIN A WEEK IT STOPPED WORKING...LG HAS GOT NO QUALITY AND ITS JUST CHEATING ITS CUSTOMERS BY ITS BRAND NAME..WE PEOPLE R BEING FOOLED BY THIS COMPANY ND THE WORST PART IS NO ONE IS DOING ANYTHING ABOUT IT..SOMEONE PLZ SUE THIS COMPANY IN CONSUMER COURT
 2nd of Jul, 2010 by   Atoz123 0 Votes
LG - KARMA IS A BITCH! I LOOK FORWARD TO YOU GETTING YOURS. I SPENT OVER $1400.00 FOR MY LG BOTTOM FREEZER STAINLESS FRONT. WENT OUT OF TOWN TO WORK FOR 2 MONTHS DIDN'T LEAVE ANYTHING BUT WATER IN FRIG. BUT HAD STUFF IN FREEZER...GUESS WHAT I HAD WHEN I GOT HOME?????

MAGETS...YOUR FRIG I BOUGHT WITH IN THE LAST 2 YEARS JUST DIED. I CAME HOME AFTER A HORRIBLE
JOB AND TRIP HOME AND WELCOME...I AM SO PISSED RIGHT NOW I HOPE YOU GO OUT OF BUSINESS. YOUR CUSTOMER SERVICE IS HORRIFIC...HAVE A LITTLE PRIDE IN YOUR PRODUCT...

YOU SUCK!
 15th of Aug, 2010 by   HOGWASH 4 0 Votes
LG IS GARBAGE, THEY SHOULD JUST STICK WITH ELECRONIC FOR COMPUTER. A COUPLE OF CHINA MAN HAD AN IDEA OF MAKING THEIR TIN HOUSE INTO A FRIDGE AFTER THEY INSTALLED A WINDOW AIR CONDITONER. SO JUST REM YOU ARE BUYIN A TIN BOX WITH PARTS SALVAGE FROM AIR CONDITIONER. DON'T BE FOOL WITH THIER FANCY ELECTRONIC GADGET FOR DISPLAY. MINE SIDE BY SIDE LG NEVER WORKS RIGHT, SOMETIME THE ICECREAM WOULD BE ROCK SOLID, REQUIRED AN PICK AXE. THEN FOUR YEARS LATER IT DIED FOR GOOD. MAKE GREAT TOYS TO TOSS AROUND IF YOU HAVE A BACKHOE.
 10th of Mar, 2011 by   Renniegal 0 Votes
LG Side by Side French Door Refrigerator is an over-priced, faulty, energy-sucking, fire-hazard of a refrigerator!!! Don't buy this fridge or even accept a free one at a garage sale...it's that terrible!!! We bought our LG Model LFX25960ST french door fridge 3 years ago, brand new for $2, 229.00 (before taxes and delivery). Biggest mistake ever!!! The ice maker has been a problem from the beginning and often just doesn't even make ice. There's a special "ice plus" button that you can use before having a party so that it starts making ice immediately. It's a scam! It has never worked! Now, our lights in the fridge are not coming on yet are heating up so hot that the plastic on my tupperware feels like it's about to melt. If you touch the plastic cover over the light bulbs, it's extremely hot. So much so that I'm afraid it may catch things in there on fire and start a fire in our home. A couple of times the lights have come on, so we know the bulbs are not burned out. They may be coming on when the doors are closed. We purchased a 3 yr. extended warranty with this fridge which just expired 6 days ago (3 years after purchase). While waiting for our own repairman to come out to look at it (he can't come until tomorrow), I went online and discovered that there are endless blogs about people having the same problems and some even having fires started from this piece of junk called an LG Top-of-the-line fridge. I'm amazed that there's still no recall after several years of people dealing with this issue and complaining to LG!! I did discover online today that LG has also scammed its customers by advertising this as an Energy Star fridge, which now, come to find out is a LIE!! As a matter of fact, this fridge sucks so much energy that LG is now forced to contact customers (we haven't been contacted by them, of course) and let them know about their scam. They're required to send someone out to modify the fridge to lower the energy consumption & to pay customers a one-time payment for past energy usage that was above & beyond energy star ratings. You can go to http://www.lgrefrigeratoroffer.com/program-details.html to get more info and to register. I just did that today after I took the light bulbs out of our fridge, hoping to save our home from fire. Honestly, I'd just like to pull the fridge out of the house and drop it over a cliff. Loss of a whole lot of money but lesson learned! We will NEVER PURCHASE AN LG PRODUCT AGAIN!!! Save yourself a lot of grief and don't buy LG!
 7th of Apr, 2011 by   Ashu1981 0 Votes
LIFE IS HELL WITH LG
 8th of Aug, 2011 by   LGpissed 0 Votes
Same problem, different appliance. We bought our steam Dishwasher (LDF7932ST) 14 months ago. 6 months ago we started having problems: main console went out, standing water in the tub, seals weren't working properly...and we were unable to wash dishes for a week. When the LG tech came out he did a few things, but then said he was unable to replicate the problem and suddenly the console worked again! Now we're out of warranty and the console is dead and LG says they can no longer send out the LG tech! Now my only option is to select a local company and have them reimbursed for the parts, if they are willing. From the estimates we're hearing for repairs, it is likely we will just buy a new machine from a different company rather than repair this piece of crap.
NEVER NEVER NEVER AGAIN WILL WE PURCHASE AN LG APPLIANCE! We have an entire kitchen full and are just waiting for the warranties to expire, followed shortly by the appliances themselves...
 5th of Dec, 2011 by   wegenerb 0 Votes
I bought an LG dishwasher and now after having fixed it 5 times, it's broken again. NEVER AGAIN will I buy an LG product. PERIOD!!!
 5th of Dec, 2011 by   wegenerb 0 Votes
I bought a $900 LG dishwasher from HOME DEPOT. THEY highly recommended LG dishwashers. The salesman touted it as the best (he forgot to mention best profit margin). It ran for about 6 months before it broke the first time, we got it fixed. About 7 months later it broke again, this time costing about $150 to fix, then again $400, and again and now its broke again for the 5th time. I have replaced the main board, this part, that part. I am sick of fixing a $900 dishwasher. SO far have spent about $900 fixing it. DONT BUY LG, their support team could care less, you can almost hear them laughing in the background. I will NEVER BUY ANOTHER LG PRODUCT EVER!
 14th of Mar, 2012 by   nomorelg 0 Votes
I bought a LG LED monitor and it stopped working in no more than 3 weeks. It was sent to LG for service since 2 months ago and I still haven't received it! LG said it was delay of parts. One CS person replied me and said it will be sent to the manager for decision. Then no more feedback. This is totally redonkulous! LG sucks.
 28th of Mar, 2013 by   DFWTX 0 Votes
LG
Ok. French door frig. I remodeled my kitchen and designed around an upcoming purchase of all LG products- top of the LG line- French door frig- microwave- electric range- dishwasher- washer - and dryer. Dishwasher broke- it was melting the rubber sealing - leaking-- After 6 visits I gave up and threw it in a trash dumpster and bought another brand. Micro-wave stopped working. Replaced the computer board 4 tines and then was told they did not make parts anymore and offered a settlement of $300 on what originally cost $1, 200 and was 2 years old with an extended warranty from Home Depot. I purchased another brand. Now refrigrator stopes cooling. After 4 trips by LG technicians and parts shipped 3 times, I was told they did not make the parts anymore and offered me a settlement of $800 on what cost $3, 800 four years ago. Warranty states 7 years on closed system compressor. No help from LG or the extended warranty with Home Depot. Washer needed 4 seals repaired and took six weeks to get that done. Electric range dining ok, but I am holding my breath. I assuming if one buys ANY appliance from LG paying for the top of their line, you can only use them for 3-4 years and then they cannot be repaired and deemed unusable! No parts! Parts not made to repair the product. I spent around $10, 000.00 for new appliances -LG- and three years later they are unusable and heading to the trash dump. Consumer relations witb LG are poor at the least. We got your money- you got screwed! Also he very aware of Home Depot, their appliances support, and extended warranties! Another screw job. Well, live and learn.
m