logo

Gigats.com
unprofessional
4. (22 mins ago)
Giftwithlove.com
This site is ridiculous and complete fraud
5. (25 mins ago)
Au Bon Pain Cleveland Clinic
Rudest cashier

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

lfg lease finance group, Arizona Complaints & Reviews - Will Not Cancel Lease Agreement

lfg lease finance group Contacts & Informations

lfg lease finance group

Posted:    dfpools

Will Not Cancel Lease Agreement

Desert Foothills Pool Service
Arizona
One of my employees signed a lease a year ago for a credit card machine that we never used. My employee was talked into it by a new Credit Card merchant company and did not realize or understand what she was signing. We switched to a new credit card merchant, and never used this machine, so we called to cancel the lease. They said we could send the machine back, so we did. A month later we realized they were still debiting our account so we called, and they said we can't cancel the lease so they will still be charging us. They didn't care that we sent the unused machine back.
We then cancelled our bank account they were debiting, so they could not get paid. Now they call several times a day asking for my employee by name and are calling her home phone and sending statements to her home address. This is rediculous and can not be legal.
Comments United States Equipment Leasing & Financing
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

4th of Feb, 2009 by   TJ Marks 0 Votes
Credit card equipment leasing is one of the BIGGEST scams and rip-off schemes known to mankind! It's unbelievable that a company and the people behind it have no problem sticking it to others by creating such long-term leases for equipment that costs mere fractions of what it's actually worth on the street. I wish to God there was a way for something to come down on these companies once and for all. The only way they lose is if their customers lose, i.e. file for bankruptcy or take a big hit on personal credit.
 26th of Mar, 2009 by   dave 0 Votes
They talked us into updateing our machine because the old one would not work and now for the last four months I get billed for both and no one knows anything.
 22nd of Apr, 2009 by   Reginald 0 Votes
I OWN MY OWN BUSINESS, I SIGNED A THREE YEAR CONTRACT WITH LFG AND I HONERED THAT CONTRACT, A YEAR AFTER MY CONTRACT EXPIRED AND THEM STILL DEBTING MY BANK ACCOUNT, I WAS ASKED BY MY BANK TO SWITCH FROM THEM (LFG) TO THEM, AND I CALLED LFG TO CANCEL AND THEY SAID I NEEDED TO WRITE A LETTER OF TO CANCEL AND SEND THE HARDWARE BACK, WHICH I DID AND I RECIEVED A BILL FROM THEM FOR 364.00, I CALLED THEM AND THEY SAID THE ONLY WAY I COULD CANCEL WOULD BE TO BYE THE MACHINE, WHICH WAS 364.00, I SAID NO AND I MADE IT CLEAR TO THEM THAT THEY CHARGED MY BANK ACCOUNT 16 MONTHS OVER MY CONTRACT DATE AND THAT WAS ALL THERE GOING TO GET, I CANCELLED MY BANK ACCOUNT TO STOP THERE PAYMENTS, THEY BECAME PERSISTANT ON GETTING THERE MONEY THEY DID NOT DESERVE, I DID NOT NEED THE HASSLE SO WE AGREED THAT I WOULD PAY THEM 364.00 TO CLOSE ACCOUNT(I RECEIVED A CONFIRMATION NOTICE FROM THEM AND I WROTE THEM A CHECK AND THEY CASHED IT!PRESENTLY THERE SEEKING 1008.00 FROM ME THROUGH COLLECTION.HOW CAN THAT BE?AND THEY WONDER WHY ARE COUNTRY IS IN THE SHAPE WERE IN!THE GOVERNMENT NEEDS TO STEP IN AND STOP THIS ILLEGAL PRACTICE!!
 21st of Aug, 2009 by   Ann's Greenhouses 0 Votes
I agree... They do need to be stopped. I am not quite sure how we got roped into signing their "lease"... Started out $49.99/mo for 4 years. Quickly turned into $55.74/mo... The contract ENDED 4/27/09. The "Equipment" was returned 4/24/09... They have continued to take $50.75/mo out of our account since the contract end date. I have a letter FROM THEM stating
the final pmt, WITH OUT THE EQUIPMENT returned, was $55.74 on 4/27/09. ...!!! How... can they now say they are continuing to take $50.75/mo.. for a "pin pad" that was not returned!!! (We never got a pin pad, never used a pin pad, and do not have service of a pin pad!!!) This whole thing is not making sense to me... Until I am reading all their SCAMS!!
We have had our account for over 45 years... and we will have to close it to stop these SCAMMERS??? How WRONG IS THAT!!!
 17th of Oct, 2009 by   AprilColon 0 Votes
I is strongly urge and suggested that ALL people ban together and file a massive complaint against LFG with the Attorney General's Office, demanding they first be investigated for their unethical practices, fraudulent charges, and consider a "Class Action Lawsuit" against them!!!

In addition to the above, if there were enough complaints filed with the Better Business Bureau, they would take matters into their own hands and investigate them as well.

If you are willing to pursue this wholeheartedly, email me. We will STOP them! Angyl444@gmail.com

Sincerely,
April Colon-Pagan
 2nd of Nov, 2009 by   Edward C. Noonan 0 Votes
My complaint started back in 1999. I opened my computer shop in 1999 and I needed a credit card company. I signed up on the internet with these scumbags. (I never signed a contract.) LFG was partnering with a credit card outfit that was part of the deal.

I took in a credit card transact for $99. The credit card company called and said I could not have such a large amount on the internet. I told them that was unacceptable and I was a computer sales outlet and need to have the credit card transaction equal to the amount of the USED COMPUTER that I was selling. They said that could not be done... and cancelled my account.

I kept getting billed for the credit card machine. I called LFG and told them it had been a breach of contract... the credit card company had cancelled me, I DID NOT CANCEL THEM! They said too bad! I still was obligated to pay the $37.14.

That was in 1999. I stopped paying them but my bank will only honor a STOP PAYMENT for any particular item for only 6 months at a time. Hence, I have been paying $37.14 a month for 9 years... That's about $445 per year, and I have paid over $3500 during that time.

Let's go after these bozos and get our money back!

530-743-6878

233 North Michigan Avenue
Suite 1800
Chicago, IL 60601
Dear Sirs:

You have been billing my bank account for $34.17 for over 8 years. This will cease immediately. You no longer have permission to debit my account. Any further debits will be considered thief and fraud.

In addition, this is a final demand to repay $3500 plus interest for the scam you have pulled by continuing to bill me for a service you have not provided. Interest on the $3565.44 is calculated at 20% compounded daily.

The interest accured is $18, 059.23 plus the principle of $3565.44 or a total of $21.624.67 . Please issue a check for this amount immediately to prevent criminal charges being issued against the officers of your company.

Transaction ID: 148865280
Date 10/7/2009
Description: LFG LEASE PYMT A FAMILY INT

Sincerely,
 9th of Jan, 2010 by   ABSOLUTE PERFORMANCE LLC 0 Votes
ABSOLUTE PERFORMANCE LLC STOP PAYMENT DOES NOT WORK!!! THEY WAITED A YEAR AND DEBITED MY ACCOUNT OVER $800

THE ONLY WAY TO STOP THEM IS TO CLOSE YOUR BANK ACCOUNT AND CHANGE BANKS !!!

I WILL PARTICIPATE IN ANY PURSUIT TO GO AFTER THESE RIP OFFS...ABSOLUTEPERFORM@AOL.COM

DO NOT BANK WITH VALLEY NATIONAL BANK AS WELL THEY MISSED THE OPPORTUNITY BY SITTING ON THERE A*** AND IGNORING THE PROBLEM OR PROTECTING MY BANK ACCOUNT. LIVE AND LEARN!!!
 13th of Jan, 2010 by   ecojack 0 Votes
I got screwed with the same lease. Unforunately I didnt' realize it was an "uncancellable" lease. I started with $35 a month and it also quickly went up to $45. I have 3 months left and then I have to pay more money for the piece of junk machine (I stopped using it after one year and have been stuck with it for almost 4 years now). THen it will be done. After I pay it off I will go to my banker and get the paper work completed to make sure any permission lfg has for auto withdraws is removed permanently.
Bottom line... do not lease from LFG. Its cheaper to buy the machine or rent it from your merchant provider.
 10th of Feb, 2010 by   D1sgusted 0 Votes
OMG I wish to GOD I would have seen this site and read about this before I got screwed...There needs to be something DONE about lfg...I am disgusted...
 19th of Feb, 2010 by   Jimbo1234567 0 Votes
Our company got involved with LFG through our Credit Card service, Global Payments. Once we discovered that Global was retaining thousands of dollars under the guise of "suspicious transactions" for months, we cancelled the service and requested to have the cc terminal removed. Years later I find out that LFG had charged my personal account for this debt, when I was only an employee. I argued that this was a corporate debt and that I should have no personal business with them. They showed me a copy of the contract, were in very fine print says that the person who signs this contract is "personally responsible"!!! I've been fighting to get this item removed from my Credit Report to no avail. THis has cost me thousands in additional interest because it's posted as a negative item, which is just as bad as a bankruptcy! This should be ILLEGAL!
 26th of Feb, 2010 by   saharrison003 +2 Votes
I've never heard of this group, BUT, yesterday they tapped my son's bank account for over $900 - I am in total shock! Now we have to file a dispute to get the charges, including insufficient charges, reversed. this is unbelievable.
 26th of Feb, 2010 by   Les Durkin +2 Votes
I unfortunately had an employee who had signed with these dirtbags.I expect many problems after reading your letters.It is hard to believe that the Canadian government allows these thieves to exist, in my case false statements were made by ELAVON and Tangerine Payment Solutions that were just plain lies.The contract was whited out AFTER it was signed so LFG has an agreement that we believe can not stand in a court of law.I do not believe that any sense can be talked into this scum as their game is well thought out.eg the transference of all complaints to their selling agents in theory relieves them of entertaining any wrong doing.When I get my day in court I will first establish the connection to this group of sellers, they hire them and train them.Then I will introduce the false documents, I have the original and ask the court to recognize that collusion and fraud have indeed occurred.I will post the results when available.It really is too bad that these parasites are preying on small business owners.I will contact my MP for the federal government and see if I can get him to recognize the possible loss of federal revenue that occurs when this type of nonsense absorbs the time energy and money of small businessmen.Good Luck in your battle with these lowlifes.
 3rd of Mar, 2010 by   DADEJEKA 0 Votes
I dealt with LFG in October of 2001, I signed up to have them for my Cafe business. I went out of business in March of 2001 and closed my business checking account. They called and I made a couple of payments from my personal account, big mistake. My dad had been sick and lost his leg in February 2001, so I finally talked them into taking the equipment back. They tried to ACH my personal account in December of 2001 for $ 194.00, my bank reversed it due to it being and unauthorized transaction.

Never heard from them again, no phone call or letters and not even on any of my credit reports as of last week. On February 25th 2010, someone tried to put an ACH through my personal checking account for 1927.00. Luckily I didn't have any money in the bank to cover it and my bank didn't honor it. It's been over 8 years. What's that all about. I filled paperwork out at my bank for a revoke against them.

If anybody knows anything about the legality of this, I would appreciate a posting about it. I agree that we should be able to do something about it. I also think the statute of limitation was up.
 16th of Mar, 2010 by   JZD 0 Votes
My name is J, we have lots of trouble with LFG and TMG(Merchant Account Services Company), they are harassing my partner everyday, even though we sent the terminal now they are claiming that they haven't received the package from us. This is a big mess, I am inviting everyone of you to contact me and open a class action against LFG. I promise you we will stop them.

Please call me: 757.232.5712
 17th of Mar, 2010 by   Jcrunningbrook 0 Votes
These people are hideous!! They are rude and nasty people and I am sorry I have ever done business with them. I paid my lease in full and was never late and they keep reporting to the credit agencies (TransUnion, Equifax, and Experian) I was late and I owe them money. Each time I file a dispute they verify the information. The one girl I talked to didn't even have proper English - It sounded like she was smacking gum and living in the ghetto, total slang. I wish these guys would get taken out of business, they are HORRIBLE!!!
 18th of Mar, 2010 by   saharrison003 0 Votes
lfg - lease finance group - 19 days ago I posted to this board reporting that lfg had tapped my son's savings account for over $900 and that we'd never heard of these people before. Well, it happened again! The bank was supposed to close the account and open a new one and they forgot! So, a couple of days later, lfg tapped his account again!! This time they took over $1700.00!!! We disputed as fraud both these charges and got them reversed, but I just don't understand. We have never used a credit card company of any kind except for our debit cards - we have never "taken" credit card payments from anyone through any kind of business. And, there was no "card" attached to my son's savings account. I just don't get it. This is NUTS! My son has closed his accounts and I am in the process of doing the same.
 22nd of Mar, 2010 by   Toni Nelson 0 Votes
My dad's account was deducted $780.00 on the 17th of March. He is deceased and I am trying to finalize all of his medical bills, etc. I have all his paperwork from up to 3 years ago on everything. His business has been closed about that long. He had no credit card machine of any type in his house when I packed everything up. Nor did he have any other LFG deductions in the past year on this account.

I now have to file a fraud transaction. Everytime I call LFG there is convienantly no service representitive available. I have to keep leaving voice messages.

Let me know if any of you have had any luck with these idiots. sctonitag@cox.net

Toni
 23rd of Mar, 2010 by   TifferWiffer79 0 Votes
Toni you can try that # in my post to Wendy Civil, but she is a b**** and absolutely useless. I would suggest disputing the transactions and closing the bank account if possible. If you are dealing with the estate through probate, let probate know what is going on so you can get authorization to do this. Seems like LFG is going back through very old accounts right now. Thinking we don't have proof or our contracts anymore and debiting accounts. Print out all you can from the net if you have too and take it into the bank when you dispute and also to the probate judge. Good luck and sorry you have to go through this.

My business shut down 8 years ago, only 3 months after opening. I paid off my lease sent back my machine and never heard another word...until last week. There was a $1400 ACH withdrawal on my bank account. Now, there is nothing on my credit from them (because this was rectified years ago) I have had the same bank account the last 8 years and they never tried to withdrawal a dime until recently. It is obviously fishy because if I infact still owed them money (which I don't), having my banking information you would think they would have went after it yearssssssssss ago and put something on my credit report. I haven't even gotten letters in the mail. No contact with this company at all in 8 years. I called my bank told them it was an unauthrorized transaction. They refunded my money. After reading about LFG online I closed my bank account. I tried calling LFG the day it happened, I was told I needed to speak with Wendy Civil (1-800-683 5433 Ext 6442). I called and left messages and didn't hear back, I was giving them the benefit of the doubt this was an error. After reversing their transaction I got a call from them today go figure. I proceeded to tell them I got my money back and didn't need her assistance. Boy was she ever mad. Try to get the funds back from your bank, no court in their right mind would take their suits seriously. 8 years and nothing on my credit, and even if it did end up there, dispute it and make them send proof of debt, THEY DONT HAVE IT!!! Good Luck LFG your going to need it, everyone is onto your SCAM!
 24th of Mar, 2010 by   L. Clark +1 Votes
Wow...this is scary! I signed 5 and half years ago and my lease was up 4 years ago and they are still charging! I have been scammed also. Waiting now on the phone to speak with someone. Will be back at this site to read everything this evening.

Rental Cars: 5 Tips for a Better Deal