logo

CHEVROLET ONLINE LOTTERY
email Scam from hileman.15@osu.edu
2. (1 mins ago)
TideStore.com
Not only are they terrible to customers, but the quality of their stuff is HORRIBLE
4. (8 mins ago)
CLAIM FOR PRIZE

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Leisure Time Savings Club / Direct Discount, Pittsburg, Kansas Complaints & Reviews - Unauthorized debit!

Leisure Time Savings Club / Direct Discount Contacts & Informations

Leisure Time Savings Club / Direct Discount

Posted:    Cecily R Stephens

Unauthorized debit!

Leisure Time Club
Pittsburg, Kansas
I received a phone call telling me I would be given a host of coupons, vouchers, etc. and wanted permission to mail them-told then I would look at mailing but would not agree to any charges or anything else until I had seen it. Assured me no obligation. Two separate mailings from these two different but obviously connected places came-both stated that I had already been charge $1.00(each) for the mailing and would be debited $29.95 unless I canceled. I called immediately-not only canceled but asked how in H_they got my debit number? I never gave to them or anyone else-never used it online. They both said that they got it from an independent marketer who stated I was a very good customer and that I had given my consent sell the number-NOT! I did no such thing and told them this and that they were using a stolen number. They agreed to cancel everything and refund the dollar but I am still reeling from the fact that they got it in the first place. Since then I have seen a number of charges from different places that all seem to be under the same umbrella-Galaxy Member benefits keeps popping up. I have canceled the card and alerted the bank but I doubt if I will ever see the money that has been taken out. They must be aware that they are dealing with stolen numbers-I'm sure I'm not the only one. I just received two mailings with identical envelopes-both thanking me for choosing their service one was Unlimited Blue Rate Long Distance Service and the other was Save Your Identity Now-ID theft protection program(!)-I never heard of either of them-can't contact them with numbers provided and the latter has already taken money from my account. I can only assume they are all connected somehow. How do you stop this...
Comments United States Unauthorized Charges
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

29th of Dec, 2007 by   Billie 0 Votes
How did you ever get the charges to stop?
 8th of Jan, 2008 by   Randal Mattocks 0 Votes
We too got the call to look over the Leisure Time and Direct Discount savings club information. After getting it in the mail I called and cancelled them as well. After getting our credit card statement this month I found a charge for Unlimited Blue Rate Long Distance service. The telephone number could not be dialed from our phone! Is it out of our country? We also have a charge for Direct Savings Club that we have no information on. We just finished talking with our credit card company and they are looking in to it. I am wondering as well how our number got out there. Do we change our number? It is very disturbing that this can happen.
 23rd of Jan, 2008 by   TJ 0 Votes
What ever you do....STAY AWAY FROM LEISURE TIME, DIRECT DISCOUNT & UNLIMITED BLUE RATE.
- 12/18/07 = They took $1.95 to pay for ship/hndlg ---> of items I NEVER RECEIVED!!!
- 12/27/07 = They took $49.90 from my account saying my free 30 day trial was up???
- I never received any packet or letter from this company
- No contact number to call to cancell
- I got charged full price before the 30 day mark arrived (It was only two weeks)
I ask you - why would I sign up for long distance when I get it free via my cell phone???
Basically - I'm out $50 for nothing!!!!

Spread the word!!!
Tell your friends!!!
There are Pirates afoot!!!!

Grrrrrrr

TJ~
 29th of Jan, 2008 by   christy morrison 0 Votes
I dont understand why you all bash leasure time? i've been a happy customer with them for more than 12 years...-Christy Morrison
 21st of Feb, 2008 by   LHH6R 0 Votes
I am still trying to figure out how these companies got my credit card number. Thankfully they are cooperating and reversing the charges right away or in the case of Savings Direct Club I have to request the refund in writing. But they all came within a couple of days.

Liberty Pass
US Patriot Card
Car Express
WC *FUNSOURCE
WC *VALUE PLUS-V
SAVINGS DIRECT CLUB

Several of them are the same company with the same number. I have canceled my card and consider myself lucky that I got my money back (most of it so far). But watch your statements carefully. The most irritating thing is that when I called the customer service people were put off that I wanted to cancel and that I wanted my money back. I didn't want it especially since they just took my money. I think they still call that stealing in some parts of the country. Oh well... If they are such legit companies why be such bullies. Take my money without my permission and then give me greif when I want it back? What is their card number? Let's see if they like it.
 17th of Mar, 2008 by   Priscilla Hoaglin 0 Votes
I just want to say that these services do NOT debt your account with out your permission and if you look at your statement monthly you will see that the company name is on there with the phone number to cancel. F.Y. I a scam would not leave a contact number!! Also they make you well aware of monthly charges and cancellation process. Pay attention and you will not get yourself in a situation that you will blame on someone else later.
 26th of Mar, 2008 by   Kathy 0 Votes
To Priscilla,

The number on our statement, Listed as Savings Club Direct 866-694-0367, goes to a tow truck service (who strangely had the number I needed. Does that seem weird?).

It is a scam and the bank agrees with us. Thankfully the bank has canceled the card so that no further withdrawls can be made (since we have requested cancelation three times and continue to be charged). Thankfully, the bank has covered our costs.

We have names, dates, times, and exstension numbers for each phone call. Strangely, every time we called we were told that we must have been calling a different service (at the same number?) and that no one by any name that we have spoken with previously works there nor are any of the exstension numbers we have valid (again from the same number).
This is so very obviously a scam. Especially if you never sign up for their service in the first place. What a load of crap.

We found out that if you go off and rain verbal hellfire on them (good luck getting a manager) they will eventually give up and offer a refund. I say it is probably better to go through your bank first as they will likely be aware of this company and ...they have the internet too and can find lovely enteries like this one.
 2nd of Apr, 2008 by   Anti- Scam 0 Votes
THIS IS HOW YOU CANCEL Savings Direct Club:

Customer Service: 1-866-253-0258 Menu option 5 for cancelation.

Tell them all the charges you have and If they say they can't refund you, tell them you will take this up with your credit card/bank and file for a fraudulent charge dispute, then proceed to ask for a supervisor if issue is not resolved. You gotta fight dirty to get your money back.

Other creditor scams:

---Leisure Time Savings: 1-800-307-4149
---Direct Discount Club: 1-800-293-1155
 5th of Apr, 2008 by   Amanda 0 Votes
I have Got to Charges on my Bank Statement that i did not Authorize one is from My Leisure and Savings and the other is Smart Shopper and i can not Figure out how to get ahold of either one of the places i have phone numbers but they are not available no matter when i call...
 10th of Apr, 2008 by   fred 0 Votes
I got a marketing call which normally I dont tend to answer. This gentlemen told he is from american express platinum rewards. I told i dont want any rewards but he was persistently telling that i am a great customer and he is giving it for free.

So after a long talk i agreed to get the package with a reward but never in the conversation i was mentioned about a membership from a different company nor i gave my credit card info.

I saw two charges from liesure time savings and direct discount club for a couple of months.

I called them and immediately played my last 1 min of the talk with the rep agreeing for the parcel to be sent. when asked about to play the entire conversation was refused. Then they told they will refund which i hope to get in a few days.

After I dropped from the conversation with the rep immediately I got another call from platinum rewards this time requesting to talk my wife.

the customer service person when confronted about how she got this number immediately she cut the phone.

Its really scary how they got our card number. any ideas how to stop this
 19th of Apr, 2008 by   Sam 0 Votes
The same thing happened to me with direct savings club... i called and canceled, yet they still took the money out of my account. i called back and told them, and they said they would give me a refund. The money is still not returned to me. Im getting extremely frustrated because im short on cash right now, and really needed that money...
 24th of May, 2008 by   Mr and Mrs David S Milligan, J 0 Votes
We regret that we haven't looked closely to our monthly credit card bill but we recently did and found My Leisure Savings and Direct Discount Club charges on it. When we contacted them they said David agreed to it and he did NOT. We never have used and don't desire to use this type of company. We feel very scammed. They only agreed to reimburse 2 months. We are disputing it with our company. I would like to know how they got our credit card information. We NEVER give out our number on the phone.
We have been lied to and stolen from and I feel very upset about that. I do hope we can get back the money.
 4th of Jun, 2008 by   C. T. 0 Votes
OMG. They are still at it. I just got a call from Leisure Time Savings Club" aka "Direct Savings Club" . Gee whiz those people are persistant! No matter how many times I said "No. I do not want your service. Do not send me anything." the guy wouldn't let up. I am usually more abrupt however, this company had so much personal information it was SCARY and I wanted to know how they got my info! He wouldn' t tell me where the call was coming from nor would he tell me how he got my information or where the company was located. As soon as I got off the phone with him I called my bank (within 30 seconds) and there was a charge for $29.95 on my account. That has been resolved and I have cancelled that card and will be issued a new one. We (the people) shouldn't have to go through this!
 4th of Jun, 2008 by   C. T. 0 Votes
To anyone who found this post by doing a google search...PLEASE READ ALL OF THE PREVIOUS POST!!!

"Leisure Time Savings Club" "Direct Savings Club" "Synergy" "877-807-2392"
Scams! Please read all of the above post. Contact your financial institutions. Do something. Don't wait to have money stolen from you.

Add any other numbers and names of the company to a post so we can warn others and put in quotations in your message. Thanks:)
 28th of Jun, 2008 by   Greg Rogers 0 Votes
We had the same problem-It all started when I replied to a letter from "Time Warner Cable" saying that my contract could be canceled if I did not call to confirm things with the contract. Well, I called the number and I, unfortunately obliged my way through a converstation with the guy on the other end-unfortunantly, I supposedly obliged my way into contracts with Savings club direct, essential medical insurance, essential dental, Galaxy, and maybe others. I have over $300 in charges on my card that is now canceled and am willing to pay $500.00 to take these companies down by the principle of the thing. I have since called Time Warner and my contract is a 3rd party affiliation contract -whatever that means-and this may be the means by which they got our credit card number. The other avenue that they may have gotten my card number is from the home shopping network as my wife bought something the very same month that we go the notice. This is absolutely sick that companies can get away with this in this country.
 13th of Jul, 2008 by   Cecily R Stephens 0 Votes
I posted a comment 12-2707 listed on this site-after a lot of grief I finally got this mess straightened out-or so I thought. Just recently I have been getting mailings to these companies-addressed to ME!-I first got an email with a complaint about the charges-then a threaatening letter from a law firm in CT about someone else's charges-and yesteday a letter from the BBB with a complaint from yet another person! They are directed to Leisure Time and Discount Travel & Leisure-but to MY address! I have nothing to do with this thieving SOBs other than being another victim. I don't know how or why this is happening but I am not associated with them in any way. I thought I was finally free of this mess-and I would like to know why my address is being listed for them in the first place.
 14th of Jul, 2008 by   Angie 0 Votes
A week or two ago my credit card company actually CONTACTED ME!!! about these charges. We were actually on vacation at the time so I figured they noticed out of state charges, and I took my time getting back to them. Come to find out I was charged... $2.48, $1.00, $1.00, and $2.28... from 1st ID Protect, Discount Direct Savings, Discount Travel Savings, and Dinner Club Save.com. However different from others posting on here, I NEVER got a phone call asking to be signed up for something... NEVER have gotten anything in the mail... these charges just mysteriously popped up without me doing ANYTHING. IT IS A SCAM, and just goes to show I should've taken it more seriously when my credit card company CONTACTED ME!!! Stay away people.
 17th of Jul, 2008 by   Jennifer Pries 0 Votes
WHY DID YOU TAKE 29.97 off my debit with out my permission, please credit my accountASAP.I dont even Know who your Company is.716-284-0175
Jennifer Pries
 18th of Jul, 2008 by   Linda M Mabry 0 Votes
I don't know about anyone else's problems other than what I read up above, but I for one am not taking this lying down. I received a call back at the end on June of 08 from some man with a very strong accent asking if I was Linda. I answered yes and asked him what he wanted. He went on to inform me that because of my GOOD STANDING with what I thought he said was the name of the people I have my car loan with ( remember he had a very thick accent) that they were going to be sending me a Walmart card for $25.00. Yea right something for nothing, but he also in that same sentence said the last 4 digits of my debit card. That got my attention real fast, so I kept on talking to him trying to get out of him where did he get the last 4 digits of my card. He just kept talking about all the great benefits and such, and I just kept asking WHERE DID YOU GET MY LAST 4 DIGITS OF MY CARD? Well finally I figured that he was not going to tell me anything so I asked them not to call me anymore, I am not interested in joining anything and when he still would not shut up I hung up on him. Now fast forward 24 to 48 hours later, I get on the net and check my bank balance as I do at least every other day and I see a charge for $1.95 from WC Funsource M on my account has been debited. So I called the bank right then and explained what had happened. The kid I talked to said to stop using that card right now and he put a new one in the mail with a new number that day. About 3 days later I received my new debit card. Then yesterday July 17 2008 while checking my banking on line I see that I have a $19.95 pending transaction on my statement and I called the bank immediately. They informed me I needed to come right away and file a fraud case against these people. I did. This is what they said. First of all they gave me my $1.95 back, whooptee dooo, then they said that the same day that they the bad people had milked my card for the buck ninety five, that they had also put a hold on the twenty bucks that is pending now on the old card. As soon as they, the bank, proccess it they would refund me my money and use the $19.95 as proof that I had been scammed and use it to press charges later down the road. Yea yea right. I got my money back but I feel as though my bank was a willing partisapant in helping the bad guys steal my money. Even though the bank reimbursed me I felt as though if they would have stopped the second payment it would have alerted the bad guys that we knew what they were doing and to back off. Before I left the bank yesterday I told them that I would be keeping a close watch on my account. If by some chance or way they managed to do this again next month that not only would I be going to the ST. ATT. office about the scammers I would also be telling them that the bank is now a knowing accomplace. Hopefully this will be the end of it. Oh and by the way, I never recived anything in the mail. Darn and I thought I was going to get a free Walmart card, haha, just kidding. Well I hope this is a done deal and I never have to go through this again but I'm not holding my breath. Well that is all I have to say. Thanks for letting me vent.

Linda
 21st of Jul, 2008 by   Markan 0 Votes
I too, have been scammed by these companies (or this company). I generally do not even answer unsolicited calls, but did this time because I was waiting on a response from a legitimate concern. The questions after the lengthy sales pitch were 'do you want to participate?' The answer was NO, thank you, no.

Two months later, when close to my cc limit, I overpaid, thinking to leave myself a bit of flex room on the card. Imagine my surprise when I discovered that even though they had received my payment and the card had not been used, I was still over the limit! approximately $80.00 had been charged to the card from three companies which never received acceptance or confirmation from me. To add insult to injury, I never even received any of the items (mail or otherwise) described to me before I said no to the offer. The three companies and the numbers which show up on my account:

WellnessWatchers: 800-591-6383 - NJ
Smart Shopper: 800-315-3904 - KNA
My Leisure and Savings: 877-478-0591 - CA

Needless to say, I did not give these people any personal information, but I did assume that because they had my number, they had to have called from one of my legit card accountholders. When they asked me to confirm an address or other personal info (at the beginning of the pitch), I told them that it had not changed from record. Perhaps that's why I didn't get material?

I called each of these numbers immediately and went on terminal hold before being disconnected (by them). I then called my cc company to request that these recurring charges be denied at any upcoming date. They refused, telling me that I must have agreed to services online (even though I explained that I believed this was initiated from a phone call). They persisted, telling me that I would have to contact the companies to discontinue the service. Service?

I noticed that one kind (and righteously angry) person posted a number above. I will add that to my attempts. If anyone has found clear resolution specifically to any of the three that I mentioned, I would appreciate hearing about it.

To the person who posted above that they were satisfied with whatever it is these people are offering, I would say only one thing:

Obviously they had some information, but not enough. In order to provide you with 'good service', they probably got information which you thought you were confirming. They are frauds. If I were you, I would watch very closely.

Now I'll have to spend the rest of the night going over bank statements, cc statements, and worrying over how they even got my number, much less my cc number in the first place.

Federal Government Job Fraud