logo

FAKEID REVIEWS ARE POSTING FAKE REVIEWS

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Legal Authority, Pasadena, California Complaints & Reviews - Incompetent, Ill-researched Contacts/Complete Lack of Customer Service

Legal Authority Contacts & Informations

175 South Lake Avenue, Suite 200
Pasadena, California
Phone: 800-283-3860
legalauthority.com
In April 2007, I contacted Legal Authority to perform an employment search based on their advertised expertise in providing thoroughly researched and competent contacts in legal job market. Legal Authority assigned to “Employment Advocate, ” Ms. Jennifer Jeffries.

Eventually, Legal Authority delivered a number of documents & cover letters with directions to sign and post along with résumés. Upon closer review & inspection, these cover letters & corresponding contact lists were found to contain gross errors and contacts that were seriously outdated. Further research on my part revealed that fully eight of 10 listings contained at least one error, such as old contact names, wrong addresses and wrong titles.

Over the course of next 12 months, Ms. Jeffries continued to promise resolution and discharge of the purported fee due to this continued nonperformance. Ms. Jeffries repeatedly assured forthcoming corrections & a resolution of the fees,
but 2 attempts and 18 mos later, I still have not received a product as they agreed to provide.

Based on this nonperformance & assurances from Ms. Jefferies, I believed the former agreement LA was constructively & effectively terminated, but LA continued to pursue fees for services they have never provided. To date, I still have not received a product.

Moast recently, I attempted to negotiate a resolution of this with LA. However, their tactic is that they are right, you are wrong. Instead of negotiating this matter with me, they sent the claim for fees to a collection agency & have threatened to sue for a service they have yet to provide.

I again attempted to resolve this matter by trying to talk in a reasonable and rational manner with Legal Authority & the collection agency, but again they would not discuss the situation beyond the "they are right - you are wrong" tactic. My proposal to them was that I would pay for the services as originally contracted if they correct the collection issue with the credit reporting agencies, waive the interest accrued while we attempted to resolve this matter, and get the product/services corrected & re-issued. They refused to discuss this matter, almost hung-up on me and said until I pay, they will not talk about anything, including providing the services they have not yet provided.

I would not recommend that anyone use this company unless they are prepared to overlook the poorly-researched data provided. They claim to offer a service that helps alleviate the time and money needed to invest in a job search. Instead, I spent hours researching and correcting the contact information they provided and still have been able to resolve this matter.
Comments United States Employment, Staffing, Recruiting Agencies
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

7th of Jul, 2009 by   and-r00 +2 Votes
Ms. Jeffries has provided and done all the tasks that she has said she would do.

I have on many occasions sat and talked with Ms. Jeffries about her resolutions, and have never found a flaw with them. Legal Authority has been a fantastic company, and a complete pleasure to work with when needed.

Do you really expect if you owe someone a sum of money that they will be completely civil with you? have you never lent out money to someone who took a bit to long to return it? Its not a good feeling is it?

In short, If you want a good company to deal with, deal with Legal Authority.
 7th of Jul, 2009 by   JonathanBelvoir 0 Votes
Legal Authority is not a scam, this is a wonderful website that I have used many times. I Love browsing through it all the time and have great experience using the site. I don't know how anyone has had bad experiences with Legal authority and would recommend Legal Authority to others anytime and have done so to fellows plenty of times. I am thankful for this site and all it does, it is so easy to use and have never had any problems with the site. Legal Authority is the best I have seen out there and plan on using it a lot in the future. Please give Legal Authority a shot, you will not be disappointed at all by the site and the services it provides. I was introduced to the site by a friend who knew that I would find it very useful and I have found it that useful and more! Legal Authority is professional and top notch. I am appalled that someone is reporting such an experience with Legal Authority for I have found a job with this site and been completely happy and thrilled with it. Thank you Legal Authority!!
 7th of Jul, 2009 by   yahiknow2 0 Votes
Legal Authority Has Excellent Service record. using the legal services provided from legal authority i was able to resolve any arguments i had. legal authority is a new site so by allowing the publishers to provide such a great and reliable site many people have been able to find jobs within the legal system and for anyone to be slandering legal authority for whatever reason it may be. perhaps for personal amusement or any other ridiculous perverted reason i really dont care because this site has me and many others. Keep it coming legal authority cause im going to continue using this site!
 7th of Jul, 2009 by   Rosemarie116 0 Votes
My experience was Legal Authority was great. Legal Authority is a leader in connecting jobs and law students, and proved this when they not only helped me find a job but also had professionals review my work first. I found their resume advice and cover letter assistance to be incredibly helpful in creating a more professional document that received nothing but positive results.

My ideal job hunting wasn't limited to the states, and Legal Authority even helped me look abroad. They helped me look for employment in several major corporations, law firms, government positions, community organizations... more places than I ever thought to look. The advise they provided was right on target for my ideal job interviews.

I've tried other job searching sites and resume services, but nothing was designed for law students like Legal Authority. I think all law students should use Legal Authority simply because it works!
 14th of Jul, 2009 by   Lauyer -1 Votes
Legal Authority is a scam. They post fake, non-existent jobs on job boards. When you contact them about the jobs, they admit they do not "have actual individual job listings." (Jennifer Jeffries told me this personally). They are merely trolling for job seekers so they can sell them their bogus resume services.

I previously bought their resume service and many of the addresses of the firms they provided were incorrect and non-deliverable. It is true that you can easily get the company names and addresses yourself. DO NOT GIVE THEM ANY MONEY. I have filed a complaint with the FTC.
 22nd of Jul, 2009 by   Beaster 0 Votes
The above two positive comments are complete BS posted by people probably paid by A. Harrison Barnes to cover up the many public complaints made about the company. I couldn't help but notice that yakiknow2 also posted a positive rebuttal to a negative blog about EmploymentCrossing on the same day that he posted the above comment. How is it that the same person is here defending a legal job website but is also defending a general emoployment website on the basis of successfully using both? The more this garbage continues the more exposed you become Harrison Barnes.
 3rd of Sep, 2009 by   silla 0 Votes
I have yet to reserve judgment. I've had good responses thus far. However, they have made mistakes on the resume and cover letter that I've had to correct. My cover letter and resume are currently in production. I will see whether they've made further corrections. I noticed, after submitting my resume and cover letter for production that the second page of my resume is misaligned. Each page should have my bold face name on top of it but I realized now that the second page has a carryover of information from the first page that I did not notice before. I am hoping that the production staff will catch the error and correct it before it is printed and shipped out to me.

I cannot verify yet whether the contacts that LA found for me are legitimate. I will know this once I've received the printed cover letter and resume that is supposed to be shipped to me.
 16th of Sep, 2009 by   chrisalex 0 Votes
Hi guys... I really wonder with the complaint from Erika Omundson... This compliant is completely unbelievable... I had a good experience with Legal Authority and I got a job through Legal Authority... No t only me but also many of my friends got job through Legal Authority... There is nothing but the good experience with Legal Authority... I can't tolerate Erika Omundson's statement that the Legal Authority provides poorly-researched data... There is no truth in it... There is no chance for poorly-researched data because Legal Authority is not just a job search engine... It is more than that... They are very careful in selecting job listings and the data provided to their customers... If Erika Omundson had some negative experience with Legal Authority then it is definitely not a fault of Legal Authority... It may cause because of careless... unlike many of its competitor's sites, Legal Authority hosts jobs from only employer websites and supports many more jobs than any other site. Legal Authority, quite simply, is the world's largest and best collection of jobs. With a worldwide staff of 600+ employees working around the clock to find virtually every job opening in existence, we employ proven, effective, and results-oriented methods to get you the job of your dreams.
So there is no chance for wrong data……

I selected this site because it stood out in front of me and I clicked on it and I got a job.
 30th of Sep, 2009 by   alexbob 0 Votes
There is no truth in Erika Omundson's Complaint... It is completeltly imagination... http://www.LegalAuthority.com is an awesome website if you are looking to find a job, also if you are an employer looking for employees. I personally used this site and found a good job out here in Idaho, and am still working for this same company making $13.75 an hour. THANKS CROSSING!!!

http://www.LegalAuthority.com is a site where you can find the job you are looking for easily. It currently offers more than 50, 000 jobs daily and it also provides many useful tools such as career alerts, my job list, saved searches, and more. The site also features a very strict privacy policy so you can be very confident that all information you give them is stored securely. If you need some help with your job hunting, the site provides you with how-to tutorials on resume writing, interviewing, networking, and salary negotiation. Other career resources include the possibility to ask a career advisor, research an industry, and find salary information. You can start with a quick job search by keyword and then refine your search by choosing a category, industry, location, and city. You can also select FastTrack job titles of interest to you, and have those jobs delivered real-time.

From experience I can say that http://www.LegalAuthority.com works very well. When I joined this service I could navigate its resources easily and managed to get back on my feet in no time. This service is also very good from the employers’ point of view in that it provides an excellent area to find able workers. There is no chance for wrong data...

So don't believe Erika Omundson and check http://www.LegalAuthority.com, find the truth...
 9th of Oct, 2009 by   mohammedilyas +1 Votes
I am shock to this compalint abotu a well reputed company like Legal Authority. This is not true according to my experience with the LA authorities in the past. They are having a very good website and it is not all a scam in any manner. It is one of my favorite website and I love surfing this site for the services they provide. I will recommend LA for anyone wants Legal Services they provide. I never had any issues with this website. They always provide very good customer service about the products they sold on the LA website. In my opinion you can trust Legal Authority to greater extent and do business with them without any worries. I visited this LA website for the website through google and find out more about this site through my friends. Even my friends have recommended me for buying products and services from this website as they have very good experience with this LA website. The poster of this complaint is wrong according my experience wit the LA.

From my past experience with this Legal Authority website is that they provide very good services and also provides very good customer services. They have designed the website very user friendly and any new person will not get confused with the services LA provides. So I must say you should not go with the words of Erika and instead you should try Legal Authority once to see their true face. They are professional people in the business and they provide very good services.
 14th of Oct, 2009 by   jefflason 0 Votes
Very Good Joke from Erika Omundson...

Actually I used http://www.LegalAuthority.com in my past and I got a legal job easily and quickly.Nothing but good things to say about http://www.LegalAuthority.com. I posted my resume on the site and was contacted immediately. I have an Interview coming up!!! They have enhanced the site so much. If I were you, I would check it out. You have the ability to set up a profile, a web page and so much more. Their formula is very easy and clear. There is 0% chance for miss data and some problem like that...

When you are looking for a part of what you want to do is examine the various ways that you can figure out what you are looking for. When you want to become a process you want to think about the ways in which you are able to get the jobs of your dreams is transforming the careers and lives of thousands of people each week, each day, maybe people you know So let us go to work for you.

http://www.LegalAuthority.com gives you ins and out, places to look and places to avoid. I like to use this site to look for jobs. It has jobs only from employer websites and far more jobs than you will find on other job boards. But do not take my word for it, check out their website for yourself, they helped you to find a job which eventually turned your career.

what about you...?

20th of Oct, 2009 by   Totem 0 Votes
You people and your taskmaster are pathetic. All of the coincidentally timed and identical sounding statements sound like nothing moe than an attempt to manipulate someone from expressing a legitimate complaint. If anyone wants to get an idea of the skills of the people who work on resume then take a look at all of the glowing comments written here and elsewhere by people with no familiarity with the english language. Does anyone really want to pay for that type of quality from a company who has to pay its own people to say something positive about the company?
 23rd of Oct, 2009 by   shamiul 0 Votes
This is a very popular website in job market. LegalAuthority is not a scam, this is a nice website that I have used more than 10 month. I Love browsing through it all the time and have great experience using the site. I don't know how anyone has had bad experiences with Legal authority and would recommend Legal Authority to others anytime and have done so to fellows plenty of times. I am thankful for this site and all it does, it is so easy to use and have never had any problems with the site. Legal Authority is the best I have seen out there and plan on using it a lot in the future. Please give Legal Authority a shot, you will not be disappointed at all by the site and the services it provides. I was introduced to the site by a friend who knew that I would find it very useful and I have found it that useful and more! Legal Authority is professional and top notch. I am appalled that someone is reporting such an experience with Legal Authority for I have found a job with this site and been completely happy and thrilled with it. Thank you Legal Authority!! LegalAuthority Has Excellent Service record. using the legal services provided from legal authority i was able to resolve any arguments i had. legal authority is a new site so by allowing the publishers to provide such a great and reliable site many people have been able to find jobs within the legal system and for anyone to be slandering legal authority for whatever reason it may be. perhaps for personal amusement or any other ridiculous perverted reason i really dont care because this site has me and many others. Keep it coming legal authority cause I am going to continue using this site. I got a job through Legal Authority.

So Today You Sign up this site and search your suitable jobs—

28th of Oct, 2009 by   cxn805213098 0 Votes
Today, I saw these arguments, I want to express my views.Firstly, I have to say that I have no corruption in this website,I want to express my own opinion,I told you I was LegalAuthority old customers.i must to say everyone Legal Authority is not a Scam,Why do I say so--------At first I was the site of the customer,I have some experience on this website,I think that if a website is a scam,This website can't exist for a long time,if A website is scam so his life will be very short,Because of this website will be less customers.But now, please check LegalAuthority.This site has been living a very long period of time.LegalAuthority-----This site has numerous customers,If a man tell you LegalAuthority is not a scam,You may not believe it, If two men tell you LegalAuthority is not a scam,You may not believe it too, but Very many people all say LegalAuthority is not a scam you must believe it. I think some people said LegalAuthority is a scam, This is because they are their own reasons,They misjudged the website,This is a very good web site, This website service attitude is very good. I really appreciate them.I don't allow anyone to slander this website.This website is a very good job platform.I think this is a scam ago, but now I must tell you this website is not a scam.
 29th of Oct, 2009 by   Enam 0 Votes
Legal Authority is not a scam, I got job on legal authority.Legal Authority clients have proven thousands of times over that almost all legal hiring organizations hire people who approach them looking for jobs-regardless of whether or not the employer has an advertised position. Our clients also know that not all legal hiring organizations advertise their positions. Because of this, Legal Authority is able to benefit our clients in a way job boards, recruiters and others simply cannot match.
Legal Authority assists attorneys and law students in initiating customized, targeted mailings to groups of legal employers in areas they are interested in working. After a comprehensive market evaluation, our professionals will redo your resume and cover letter and prepare a customized mailing to the hiring contacts inside the legal hiring organizations you are interested in applying to.
The Legal Authority process works. Since starting in the year 2000, we have assisted tens of thousands of attorneys throughout the years. Does our process work for everyone? Of course not. However, in the substantial number of cases if you follow our recommendations you are going to be far better off than if you did not
 29th of Oct, 2009 by   humaun06 0 Votes
This is such a website where we can find our solution of job related problem, new job, job interview details, searching facility of particular job etc? It is a strong job search engine where we can found job in a click. There has a good system for new job seeker such as any job seeker can participate to justify their skill or try to adjust in that job field. Here job are found directly from the carrier pages. For searching any job firstly we have to go to the carrier page and have to search for required job and then apply. This site does not advertise on other site but it gives information directly to their client website's pages. So this is not a public activity but it is more private and that’s why there is a less competition to get job and man can easily get a job from this site. "Legal Authority is not a Scam”, it is more trusted, rich and helpful site for job seekers.
I think you should follow this website. I believe everyone deserves to have the job of their dreams. You should be everything you are capable of being. It is a site where all kinds of jobs available and it is exceptional than other site because of its resource and proper services. This site has some positive feature such as it maintains a strong security about the profile of its members. So putting any complaints, any comment is so safe here. I personally very satisfied about this site for its helpful and dedicated service. It is an amazing place to search for jobs and careers stress free. Unlike other sites that just show the same old jobs day after day, it shows a wealth of new and little-known jobs that I could never have found before! It has saved my career and I would recommend it to anyone who is currently out of work or just looking for a change in their career! I have found a lot of job information here and still now I am serving a job found by this site. I think and suggest people who seeking job now, this site will help them to find there expected job. It works twenty four hours for its clients. Also we can learn more about sports and updated news. Available tips & tricks are included in this site which can help the new people to find job, solving any particular problem. It also supports us and gives us to through any kinds of questions without any hesitation. This site don’t advertise and receive fewer applications and (2) there is no middleman (recruiter) forwarding your resume to the employer and (3) there are more jobs on employer career pages than job boards.
This job site never advertises like other job site. It collects job information through the client website on their carrier pages. So there is a less competition to get job. As a result this site is developing day by day. It does not take any charge from the job seekers for their advertisement. It is totally free. So the viewer of this site is increasing daily. It provides a lot of tips and tricks to get job easily. It collects job from various job resource such as job every board, news paper classified ads, fortune 500 and fortune 1000 companies. It provides a great opportunity to improve self efficiency to take part in the risk free trial job section. Financial crossing is sub site of employment crossing.
Thousands of programmers are working 24 hours for bring jobs from 50, 000 thousands carrier pages, other job boards and more. It is a fastest growing company in America and it has some eye catching characteristics which makes a far difference between this company and others. That's are as follows:
#It's resource is so vast and enrich because it collects job from 10 thousands of employer websites, government sites, news paper classified sites, public interest sites and also use effective technology and man power for collecting jobs .
#This Company calls the employers and paid them for their job posting.
#it offers for job seekers a 7 day free trial job for testing successfully.
#it filters all jobs and published those which are suitable and matches with the choice of seekers interest.
#this job site allows any job seekers with internet connection free access aggressively advertises the job site to bring as many job seekers as they can.
This site has also some various activities like as entertainment by sports. I am personally satisfied about this site, because I have found many suitable jobs from this site as I like. For more details about this dedicated site just visit the link above and see the wonders of this site.
 28th of Nov, 2009 by   itssahil +1 Votes
Dear Friend,

As far as my I have seen Legal Authority is a very great website with excellent track record. I am saying this with my own experience and I have recommended it to many of my friends who all are well satisfied with the services of LegalAuthority. I can't understand why you are so negative about this site. Legal Authority is not a scam and I have got a job through Legal Authority. They do post latest jobs and all the jobs are genuine one. A lot of people are getting benefited by this website that is why it is gaining more and more popularity. I have so many Advocate friends and they keep on searching for more jobs on this great website.
This site also provides latest updates on various topics related to sports activities and other latest updates on various legal issues in the market which definitely is a beneficiary for legal students and job seekers.
Legal Authority not only help you hunt jobs in the country but also provides jobs abroad. There may be some misconception among some people thats why they are abusing this site. But the fact is that this is a freat site for all the people who are seeking legal jobs.
So I will definitely recommend this site to others. I will say that instead of believing on the negative points that some people have posted here you must try this site yourself and you will know how good is this site.

Thanks
 27th of Dec, 2009 by   Niloy 0 Votes
I fully disagree with this.This site is definitely not a scam site.I have been their member since 5 months and I have no problem with them.I think they are the best job site I have ever register.I don't know why you are posting lies on scam forum.They are definitely not a scam.You must research before posting anything wrong about somebody.They also never except any advertisement from any unauthorised person.They only accept what is legal and they also provide tips which can be used to get very better jobs than you have ever imagine.I recently got a job from their site.The job is very legal and have very high salary.Please remove this thread.YOU ARE MAKING THEM SCAM.My friends and family also have no problem with the sites because they are simple the best.They site is found by a millionaire from USA.Trust me they are the best I hope you get a job soon from them.Just sign up with them and the rest will be done by them.You don't have to do anything at all.I guarantee you that they are scam free and your next platform for your desire job.Their site is also very user friendly to surf than anyother job site I have found out.
 6th of Jan, 2010 by   MUMBOTRUTH +1 Votes
LEGAL AUTHORITY IS A SCAM. THE RESPONSES POSTED ON THIS SITE IN SUPPORT OF LEGAL AUTHORITY ARE BEING PAID FOR BY LEGAL AUTHORITY THEMSELVES VIA A WEBSITE CALLED SHORT TASK. HERE IS A COPY OF THE TASK THAT HAS BEEN POSTED, USERS ARE PAID TO COMPLETE TASKS:(PLEASE SEE ATTACHED SCREEN SHOT). THE TASK READS:

Instructions: If you have had a good experience using the service http://www.LegalAuthority.com please go to this site and do a review of the service: http://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/legal-authority-c129356.html

You will need to "disagree" with the original comments of the original poster and should express the reasons you had a good experience with the service and why the original poster is wrong.

In your review, please use at least one of the following phrases "Legal Authority is not a Scam" "Legal Authority Works" "I got a job through Legal Authority" or "I had a good experience with Legal Authority" or "I would recommend Legal Authority".

Please insure your post is at least 200 words and is original content expressing your positive opinions about the service. Please do not cut and paste content from the site or other reviews. Provide the URL of you posting for immediate payment. Thanks!
 19th of Jan, 2010 by   vshamu 0 Votes
Hi, i am vsham.LegalAuthority is one of the largest job search engine in USA as well as in the world.It provides the employment opportunity for your career development and also gives your career advice with law jobs.
As other site LegalAuthority is not a scam site.Because it is an old and existing with very good job.LegalAuthority is a 300+ employers like as manager or recruiters jobs aggregation company -the largest company in the world dedicated solely to aggregating jobs from every source we can find. I had a good experience with Legal Authority.There is no advertisement on the site.All kinds of law jobs are available that any one can find a job their own need.
I would recommend Legal Authority, LegalAuthority is a welcome change from the job hunt we typically do when searching newspaper want ads. The opportunity to have so many resources at hand, and the knowledge that someone cares about what I am in search of is great. This website is an easy interactive site that provides current and new jobs that aren't easily found in other resources. Choose type of job kike as executive jobs, location of job, salaries, resume and you can get a job listings to choose from. It's like picking flowers! Legal Authority Works had helped me a stay updated with the jobs available in the market. well. it is a fast, easy and efficiently to find a job that suited any one needs perfectly.The online job sites performs amazingly well.

Help for Homeowners: HARP 2.0