logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (20 mins ago)
Balfour.com
Balfour's website is useless!
2. (30 mins ago)
Thrive Extreme Health
Seller didn't inform to cancel subscription
3. (35 mins ago)

Roofing Ripoffs

Houston, Texas
Phone: 281-227-8198
legacybuildersusa.com
This company is worst company on the planet. DO NOT GIVE THEM YOUR INSURANCE MONEY. They have this ploy where they tell you to "sign a contingency contract" and that they will go get your money for you. You sign a contract NOT for a dollar amount, but for what they call "RCV". That means that every penny of your insurance money goes to them and you have absolutely no say as to where the money is spent or how. The reason why is because they also tell you that there will be "little or no money out of pocket". All the salespeople are trained to do this because clients let their guard down thinking they won't have to pay for the work at the end. NOT TRUE. Once the work is done they can legally put a lien on your home if you don't pay them everything that the insurance has alloted for the job PLUS 100% of your deductible. Don't get screwed. A word to the wise is sufficient.

Comments United States Building, Construction
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

11th of May, 2009 by   Legacy Member 0 Votes
You will notice from Mr. Gautier, or Walter, as he is known, that not only is his English poor, but he clearly was a disgruntled and terrible sales person.

Mr. Gautier falsified documents to earn the sale of homeowners. But, when perfomance became an issue, he left our company and left us holding the bag.

I would urge anyone who reads this to call our office and ask for references. We have hundreds in Houston alone. Furthermore, feel free to talk to customers that started working with him and who were lied to by him.

We perform. We have too. Unlike Mr. Gautier, we do not run away from people with issues.

God Speed-
A member of Legacy!!
 27th of May, 2009 by   Dissatisfied Customer 0 Votes
I agree 100% with Joe Gautier. We were a customer of Legacy Builders and were "taken for a ride" by them. We were told the same thing about a "contingency contract" and "little or no money out of pocket" only to find out otherwise once we received our check from the insurance company. The lies start with the President of the company.
 28th of May, 2009 by   T.R. 0 Votes
We completely disagree...

We hired Legacy to come to our home and deal with our insurance company. We had never been through this process. Not only were they exrememly helpful, they did exactly what they said they were going to do.

I would say, to anyone who thinks otherwise, keep your comments to yourself. These gentleman know exactly what they are doing and exactly how to do it.

Keep up the great work Legacy!!!

T.R.
Humble, TX
 3rd of Jun, 2009 by   JHH 0 Votes
I have requested a refund from Legacy Builders USA and they have given me the run around for over 30days. Their reasons for not refunding are incorrect and now i can not reach Jon Parramore by phone or email.
If they do refund my money I will gladly return to this site and proclaim that but i don't have much hope of that happening right now...
Come on Jon...prove me wrong sir!!!
I will be the first to apologize as i deposit the money that is rightfully mine.
 3rd of Jun, 2009 by   JHH 0 Votes
Another comment to "Legacy member". You suggest we call the office for references of satisfied people in Houston. Why don't you give out a number that actually works??? a number that is answered by a person and not a voice mail. I challenge you to do that. I have not tried the Austin office yet but will do that now in hopes of reaching SOMEONE!! Jon is ducking my phone calls and emails. You way of doing business leaves a lot to be desired.
 3rd of Jun, 2009 by   Jeff 0 Votes
Well, I guess it has reached the point on this goofy site, where someone with some intelligent insight step in and comment...

Lets address these issues one at a time shall we!

Starting with the person who started this complaint blog in the first place...

Mr Walter (Joe) Gautier is a disgruntled employee of Legacy. Mr. Gautier is a bit of a "mother goose" story teller. He loves to embelish and lie to people to get them to pay for his jaded consulting services. He then bills them an outlandish amount of money, to which he says, are construction consulting fees. He is a liar and a swindler and if you have ever met the man, has a horendous hair cut. He is the poster child for a "shady salesman."

Now, lets address some of the other people who posted...

Trying to crush a legitimate company on a blog website is not only childish, but humorous. Do you people really think that getting on a bashing website is going to keep people from doing business with this company??? I know Mr. Paramore (for those of you who can't spell his name correctly) personally. He is a man of integrity and is a man who has completed over 500 construction projects in Houston alone since October of 2008! Could any of you on this blog even manage that kind of volume???

Come on people, GROW UP!!! If you have a legitimate complaint about something he or Legacy is doing, file a complaint with the BBB. You will notice, to this day, there are 4 complaints out of over 500 customers they have done business with. THAT IS IMPRESSIVE!!! And, furthermore, they are all from people who have CANCELED their contracts after the 3 day right to recision clause.

So, in short... for those of you who come across this blog, who are really concerened about Legacy, call them or email them. It is true, you may get their message system, but not because they are not answering, but because they are busy handling the large volume of calls they are receiving.

Jeff Braswell, G.M. for Legacy- Jacksonville, FL
 9th of Jun, 2009 by   truth 0 Votes
the afore mentioned description of walter (joe) gautier is spot on. He is a con to the core. Legacy Builders is just one of many who have fallen victim to his lies.
 10th of Jun, 2009 by   JHH 0 Votes
Jon Paramore,
We have scheduled and re-scheduled over and over again. Presumably to exchange the refund for the paperwork that you requested from me. I have been side stepped once again today. When i posted last time you responded very quickly so i am using this venue again.
Please get in touch with me and let's complete this refund process.
By the way, if any of you staunch Legacy supporters: Jeff, Legacy member or "truth" (thats a good one!!) know how to contact Jon by phone, email or mail service or get any of their so called office numbers to pick up, i would appreciate any information you can provide.
Thanks.
St. Louis mobile: /removed/
Work: brianr@legacybuildersusa.com
St. Louis: brian@routthomes.com
 24th of Jul, 2009 by   anti legacy 0 Votes
To the pro LEGACY on here. You are all lieing through your teeth and you know it. You are no longer a member of the BBB, have disconnected your numbers, and are refusing to reply to emails and voicemails at the St. Louis number. This is not childish as people who have posted here have run out of options trying to reach Legacy or even get a respo nse from Mr. Paramore. You have been outed by several of your employees other than Mr. Gautier. This will continue and all the com plaints I have personally made will continue. To anyone who reads this contact the attorney generals office imediately. And we all have no choice but to go from there...
 14th of Sep, 2009 by   Scammer11 +1 Votes
Jon Paramore is the biggest scam artist out there. He is another bernie madeoff. He has stolen more than $400, 000 from clients and Investors. He Has stolen from employees and sub contractors. He tells one lie after another to everyone. Cheats on his wife with employees. I encourage everyone to continue to call the attorney general office and have him put in jail for fraud. If we don't keep Persueing him he will get away with it.
 15th of Sep, 2009 by   Jon Paramore +1 Votes
Good one...

Anyone who feels like he or she has been taken advantage of can contact me any time via email @ jonp@legacybuildersusa.com. If there is real and just cause, and your case is not in any kind of dispute or litigation, I will do my best to make restitution, if that is what needs to be done.

There are/were a total of 4 clients of Legacy's where contracts or refunds were in question. 2 of those have now been resolved and the other 2 will be resolved shortly.

Again, anyone who reads this blog or feels as though they have been wronged by Legacy or any of its members, please contact me directly via email. Those of you, and you know who you are, who have legitimate contracts or disputes will be restored.

Again, feel free to contact me via email so that we can come to a real resolution. Bashing people on a complaint board and posting heresay is not going to accomplish anything. IF there is a dispute to be resolved, as adults, we can work it out.

Sincerely,
Jon Paramore, Member
 28th of Sep, 2009 by   jgs 0 Votes
All parties that have had problems with Legacy please respond here with your emails. Myself and a few others have been successful in tracking down Mr. Paramore. Our attorneys have joined up together and we will be taking him down. We have several past employees that will testify in court of what went on and the illegal acts performed by Jon Paramore. Our attorneys have found out that even his investor is sueing him for 10's of thousands of dollars. He has filed bankruptcy to try and get out of this. Our attorneys said that does not matter. We will be filing criminal charges. He has scammed and lied to everyone. He will not get away with it. Post your emails here and i will have the attoneys get in touch with you and take your statements. This WILL be going to court.
 28th of Sep, 2009 by   wwjd_316 0 Votes
I would love to know where he is. Can you please contact me via email and I will forward you my personal information so that you can have your attorney's contact me!

Thank you!
wwjd_316@live.com
 16th of Apr, 2010 by   Mr. Wadsworth 0 Votes
Legacy Builder's USA must have changed it's name to Paragon Builder's USA. Brian Routt of Missouri is still involved. I hope anyone on this site would contact the Missouri Attorney General's Office concerning Brian Routt and his companies. They promise to do the work for the insurance estimate and refuse to make any repairs to make the structure to code, or repair leaks, and later plaster damage. Paragon Builders USA "owned by Brian Routt, " of O' Fallon Missouri, screwed over numerous customers in Arvada, Colorado.

Mr. Wadsworth
 3rd of May, 2010 by   brimr 0 Votes
Mr. Wadsworth,

This was brought to my attention. I am very sympathetic to your outstanding issues. I want to first clarify the air that I had no part or ownership in the Legacy Builders company I was only a employee/consultant for the owner Jon. I have tried to right many of the wrongs that were done to many people. I myself was left with an outstanding bill due to me for services rendered. In fact you have responded to me on this site regarding locating him. Please feel to contact me directly with any that you feel I maybe able to help you with. My door is always open. Unfortunely there was a wake of diappointment left behind myself included in the aftermath of Houston. I assure none of it was my doing. I have contacts to the investor that Jon used and screwed for hundreds of thousands. Paragon has no conection what so ever with Legacy or Jon. If i find him I have something special for him. Lastly, please reframe from making false statements regarding Paragon. I would request that you contact me and speak with me and post a positive response back on this site. I have not made any bad practices or screwed anyone over and I assure you all repairs that are needed have and will always be repaired. I stand behind my warranties.

Sincerely,
Brian Routt
 2nd of Sep, 2010 by   DAGCO 0 Votes
Brian, Brian...Brian
This is you worst nightmare I see I am not the only one you have successfully SCREWED. Here is my deal the internet is a very powerful tool, you pay me what I am owed and I go away, You decide not too and I pop up every opportunity and tell my story.
 25th of Sep, 2010 by   CfromTX 0 Votes
First of all.Its is a crime/fraud for the homeowner to profit from Insurance Proceedes. If the homeowner intendes to profit from an insurance claim, then how can he say that a salesman is a crook and a cheat when he himself is looking to cheat the Insurance company. Many homeowners do not unserstand this. Clear communication with the homeowners help them to understand that, it is in the intrest of the homeowner for thier job to be done right, as well as the salesman.

The Coming 1099 Tsunami