logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
Listia.com
This site is badly administered by a group of moderators who have little or no sense of logic, or fairness
2. (31 mins ago)
BridesOfUkraine.com
I paid money for nothing
3. (1 hr 21 mins ago)
ATT
job offer rescinded
4. (1 hr 29 mins ago)
DTDC Courier Service
Non Delivery of letter and wrong claiming of delivering the same.
5. (1 hr 53 mins ago)

Lazy Boy Contacts & Informations

Lazy Boy

Posted:    Susan Zimlich

Warranty no good

We purchased a very expensive leather set from LazyBoy. After waiting months to recieve our furniture, and purchasing a warranty, the back of the sofa began to rub off. We contacted the warranty company and lived a nightmare waiting on them to arrive to "exam it". They finally decided to replace the piece (only after the salesman pushed for this) and then the replacement piece did not match in our livingroom.

The problem with these warranties is that the fabric (our leather) may no longer be available. If not, you have to pick from what they have. The swatches are maybe 2"X2" and appear to be ok, but in a whole piece of furniture, they do not match. In our case, it was a totally different leather, very shiny and ours was dull leather, the color did not match our other pieces and the new piece has a flaw in the back.

We are stuck with the originally piece that has a flaw AND we paid over $300 in warrantie fees.

DO NOT SHOP AT LAZY BOY AND DO NOT PURCHASE THESE WARRANTIES. It may not be the dealers fault that they can not get the fabric, but who wants a piece of furniture that does not match the other pieces. Most people do not even think of this. They assume the warranty will make it right. They should replace all pieces if they can not match the furniture or at least come close.
Comments United States Furniture
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

10th of Aug, 2008 by   Wanda 0 Votes
I purchased a couch and two recliners, within the first month the two recliners were making an awful knocking noise everytime you would sit in them or rock. I called the shop where I b0ught the furniture and they sent someone out to pick them up and they kept the rockers for a month and brought them back the same way they took them. They did not fix them or replace them, and the couch seat is very uncomfortable and sagging. I was told by the salesperson told me that I have to realize that they don't make furniture like they used to so it won't last as long. I will never buy anything from lazy boy again and I tell everyone the same thing
 21st of Apr, 2009 by   Regrn5@rcn.com 0 Votes
I too had purchased a sectional from in 2005, with the understanding of Lifetime guarantee from Lazyboy for structure and replacement of mechanisms. The salesman stated everything would be covered including labor . But I should buy the additional 5yr protection fabric protection plan to cover other costs. Myself and my husband live in the house no children. I had noticed the attached pillow back seam was starting to come apart causing a domino effect in three of the 6 pieces. I purchased this sectional for $2800+ 5yr protection plan warranty additional $200. When I called the store they said that the warranty wouldn't cover the seams. However, it would cover a burn, cut if it happened within 5 days. The representative of Lazyboy stated that "Unfortunately the warranty company is very limited on coverage and alot of time they null and void warranty if any attempts of self repair". Basically agreeing with me that the whole warranty is a scam. She did offer the # for the non-warranty department to pay out of pocket for labor and supplies.
What is going on with American Companies? Do they not have any pride in their workmanship. How about making good for merchandise that is not worth $3000.00. Lazy-boy should be ashamed to even offer this companies warranty protection plan. Obviously no one cares about the consumers hard earned $$$.
 18th of Oct, 2009 by   Tiger lady 0 Votes
I have three recliners and they are so loud when I use the handle to recline. Does anybody have any ideas for me. Can't afford to buy three new ones.
 27th of Dec, 2009 by   Ernie Satterthwait 0 Votes
I purchased 2 lazy boy recliners in 2006. Within a week I had blisters over most of my body. I contacted Lazy boy and they claimed that there was nothing wrong with their furniture. Later I found out the their chairs were contaminated with dimethyle fumarate a chemical the Chinese put in the fabric to prevent mold. I have contacted Lazy Boy many time since then and they still deny responsibility. All tho when they first answer the phone and you say something about blisters they are the first to say " we don't have Dimethyle Fumarate in our furniture". Oh! they will not answer any e-mails either. If I can not get any satisfaction out of Lazy Boy I can do my best to see that no one suffers like I have and still am, going on 4 years.

FBI Mortgage Fraud Crackdown