logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
Sheridan Labs
Charging my Debit CArd without Auth.
2. (44 mins ago)
Rogers
Overcharge on bills
3. (56 mins ago)
3vuecs.com
cutting money from the bank`
4. (1 hr 12 mins ago)

Posted: 2012-08-02 by    bwlworl

Misrepresentation for Modification

KEL
Florida
My husband and I paid $3, 000 to KEL for the purposes of getting a modification on our home after being abruptly denied by our lender. I contacted them and spoke with Joshua Smith who was an intake specialist. I explained to him what had happened with our lender denying our modification and he proceeded to tell me what documentation they would need, which was everything the lender had requested just a month earlier. I went to their local office the following day with all the paperwork that was requested from the e-mail I received from Joshua Smith and paid the $3, 000 and was told that the fee was for a 12-month period and that KEL was very good at getting modifications done before that 12-month time period was up. I hardly ever heard from any litigators, paralegals or attorneys unless I called at least once every three months to get a status on my case or they needed some sort of documentation and I always got it to them in a timely manner. When the lender did make an offer and we denied it because it was almost $200 more than original mortgage KEL didn't make any attempt to mitigate to get a reasonable modification. All they said was that was the lender's last offer. I had so many people from KEL working on my case that I don't think any of them knew what they were doing. I spoke to two different attorneys at KEL eight months after I hired them right before my husband had major back surgery in 2011 and they told me to call back after my husband's surgery had been done and they would go back to the lender to negotiate a modification based on my income only. When I did call back they said they couldn't do anything because I didn't make enough money. Well, duh, that's the point of doing a modification. Then about a week or so later I do believe someone called and told me that if I wanted to continue to have them represent us we would have to pay more money. Well, that didn't happen. They didn't do what they said they were going to do and we were not going to pay them more money for nothing. Since then I was able to hire a new law firm who did, in fact, get our modification for us and it only took them four months. And I also heard from my paralegal, either by e-mail or phone, at least once a week with a status on our case and an attorney once a month would call to update the status on our case. KEL never called with an update on a weekly basis or a monthly basis. Like I said before, I only got status updates if I called them then it would take more than a two or three days to hear back from anyone. That is not a very good business practice if you're taking that kind of money from people and not doing what you say can be accomplished in the time period or sooner. I have heard a lot of complaints about KEL and their ways of doing business and none of it has been good. Oh, my the way, they had some nerve to call me about a month or so ago to do an survey to see how satisfied I was with their law firm and I told them they did nothing to help us get a modification like they said they would and we were entitled to get the $3, 000 back that was paid to them for a job not well done.
Comments United States Lawyers and Attorneys
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Home Resale Fees Sparking Outrage Nationwide