Laser Spine Institute

Overcharge / Underservice

Tampa, Florida
I was a chronic pain sufferer (neck pain) and traveled from Texas to Tampa in March 2009 for surgery at LSI. The treatment I received was less than acceptable and the only thing I gained was debt for having this surgery. I had to take $15, 000 out of my (early retirement) because I am only 40!! I learned later that the healthcare services could have been performed for a fraction of the cost that LSI charged, in my local hometown! Their surgery did NOTHING to improve my condition and I left with the same pain, I entered their facility with. My surgeon didn't even have the bedside manner or a minute to come and speak with my Mom after my surgery, as she requested. LSI wanted payment in full BEFORE the surgery ($15k) then, overbilled my insurance with inflated prices that exceeded reasonable and customary charges. In my own personal opinion, LSI doesn't care about their patients. They only care about making money and growing their bottom line. Thank God, I am nearly pain free now with a new product that I found. I no longer have to take prescription pain medications and have had 2 major neck surgeries. Alice energypainsleep@yahoo.com 210-232-8220
Complaint comments Comments Complaint country United States Complaint category Doctors
Was the above complaint useful?

11th of Mar, 2012 by    0 Votes
To Alice in Texas I also had their so called surgery in Nov 07. My experience was very similar to yours except that I had to put up 30k and was assured that ins would completely reimburse. After over two years of fighting only received about 6k. My operation was also a complete failure except to pad their pocketbook. Hard to believe a co like this is allowed to take advantage of people so desperate for help.
 13th of May, 2012 by    0 Votes
I tried your email address, but it didn't work. I'd like to talk with you. I have advanced cervical stenosis, and was wondering what is causing your neck problems, and what kind of success you've had with surgery. If you read this, please up date your email address so we can talk. I'll check back now and then..
 4th of Jun, 2012 by    0 Votes
Alice, my surgery was a completed failure and I now have new, unbearable pains. There is no reason for the kind of negligent care that LSI provides.
 19th of Feb, 2013 by    0 Votes
trying to get in touch with GeoNOregon about pcg. How did you do a qwr if they say I only have an internal number, no acct number?I'm in foreclosure & chap 13. how do I fight them?

Laser Spine Institute Logo Laser Spine Institute