logo

Posted:    G.T. Foster

Mechanism Warranty

Lane Furniture
Henderson, Nevada
The machanism on our rocker/recliner failed. The mechanism has a lifetime warranty. On the repairman's second visit (wrong part on first visit, even though we furnished them with the model and serial number), he replaced the mechanism in about 1/2 hour and charged us $150 labor. Yes, the parts were under warranty, but a $300/hour service call to install it is outrageous!
Comments United States Furniture
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

6th of Apr, 2010 by   ncmoore 0 Votes
We are just now experiencing the 'warranty". Our Lane recliner fell apart last week. A bunch of broken screws fell out when my husband was returning it to upright position. It is 15 months old. Yeh, it says it has a lifetime warranty. Then you read further down, and it says that labor is just one year... I really think this is deceptive. If you buy a car, it has a given warranty that covers parts and labor . If you buy a part from a parts house, of course there is no labor, tho, the part has a warranty.
We purchased an extended warranty on this chair that is suppose to cover it for five years. Waiting to see what they are going to do. I think I will go second hand, and check it out before buying. A similar chair is advertised for $75 in excellent condition. We have nearly $700 in this one.
 21st of May, 2010 by   LiveandLearnConsumer 0 Votes
I have 2 leather wing back recliners and the part that expands bringing the foot rest up has a broken metal bar, of course it isnt screwed in so it would be repairable. It has to be welded, then I turned it over and found on the other side ( left and right side) another black metal bar broken as well. Now sadly I am late 40's and my the only other person living here is 90, we have no dogs or children, so it isnt as if this furniture was used by someone jumping or being harsh. I spent close to $900 per chair, I know now that I wont purchase a lane chair again. My father swore by lazyboy maybe I should have listened to him and bought that brand. This chair is 9 years old and I can tell you the first 4 years it was in a formal living room and wasnt used as we never sat in that room, when we moved we put them in our family room as I thought they should be used more as functional then as decorative, boy was I wrong about function. The only reason the other one isnt broken is it isnt used because where it sits one can not view the tv, good thing since they arent sturdy at the purpose the chair was made for.
 28th of May, 2010 by   ronlrussell +1 Votes
The store had an excuse for fixing it, "Lieberman Furniture Harrisburg PA" Lane never replied
Overpriced JUNK!!!
I just bought a used Lazy-boy...
 28th of May, 2010 by   ronlrussell 0 Votes
I will never buy another Lane or anything from "Lieberman's Furniture Harrisburg PA"
They advertise that their customers "say it for them" but they have not heard from me...
 12th of Jun, 2010 by   mary brownie +1 Votes
How interesting, I thought I was the only one with a Lane broken recliner. I have a collection of about 4-5 broken springs that fell from the chair, so that the bar that supports a persons feet when reclinging swings loose. I too fell for and purchased the extended warranty which is worthless. I can live with the way mine are now, just keep pushing the one section out of sight, but I wish I didn't have to. My purchase was made at Haverty's in Clearwater, Florida.

If I were to buy again, I would buy less expensive or used chairs.
 21st of Jan, 2011 by   Janet.Smith 0 Votes
When our Lane high leg recliner mechanism broke, I contacted customer service at Lane Furniture via email. The representative notified me that a replacement mechanism would be shipped to my home address. When the mechanism arrived, my husband and I were able to replace it with a couple hours work. The chair works like new again. This chair is 10 + years old. We were very happy with the customer service that we received.
 21st of Jan, 2011 by   Ron Russell 0 Votes
Please tell me how and to make contact so maybe I can grit the same...
 13th of Feb, 2011 by   Sagebrush17 0 Votes
I was looking for a way to contact Lane because the same thing has happened to our recliner; the foot rest is broken and the seat tilts to the side. I'ts about 6 years old.
I would like to get a new recliner, not a Lane again, but don't know what to do with this one. The leather is still in excellent condition.
 14th of Feb, 2011 by   ronlrussell +1 Votes
The mechanism is lousy. the dealer will not stand behind it and the lane company won't either..
Do yourself a favor, DO NOT BUY ANYTHING MADE BY LANE!!!
 14th of May, 2011 by   EagleGrafix +1 Votes
On my Lane recliner, one spring broke in the first year. Four years later, the other one broke.
I contacted Lane customer service from their website. They were very nice, requested my serial number, told me where to find it and sent a complete set of springs to fix it.
Fixing it was a bit more challenging because It took me a long time but I finally found what I needed to learn where the springs go. I found the patent description with schematics here http://www.patentgenius.com/patent/6729686.html#show-first-page - search the page for "springs" and you will find the description of where the springs go and how they are supposed to work. The schematics at the top of the page helped me a little but the description was what I used. took me less than 5 min. once I found this. Took me 5 hours to find it.
 13th of Oct, 2012 by   Angie Hill +1 Votes
My husband was sitting in our Lane rocker recliner, and sat up and a bolt fell out of bottom. Lane says it needs a new mechanism part. We should get it in 10-14 days, and gave us names of two companies to call for the labor and gave us a "how to manual" to fix it ourselves. I don't think so. By the time I have to pay out of my own pocket for the repair, I could have bought a new rocker recliner. Their warranty policy is very deceptive. I DEFINITELY WON'T BY ANOTHER LANE! The problem with Lane is they are now making CHEAP products and using CHEAP parts. We have always bought Lane.
 22nd of May, 2014 by   Not Happy in Iowa 0 Votes
Paid almost $500 for my Lane recliner on sale. A little over 3 years later, I pulled the lever to sit up & a bolt & screw fell out of the bottom, both broken off. Junk. Do not buy Lane.
 27th of Jul, 2014 by   Lura Daffin 0 Votes
Only had chair since February 2012, and my Lane recliner broke too. Bought it at Sam's club

5 Consumer Tips for Tech Savings