logo
search

Ladies Home Journal, California Complaints & Reviews - Sneaky Way to Get Your Subscription to More Magazine

Ladies Home Journal Contacts & Informations

Ladies Home Journal

Posted: 2011-04-12 by

Sneaky Way to Get Your Subscription to More Magazine

MDC
California
I went online to Ladies Home Journal website to renew my subscription.
I didn't notice until I had entered my credit card information and pushed enter that there was a box that I was required to UNCHECK next to More Magazine. Subsequently, I was charged $20 for a subscription to More Magazine because I didn't uncheck the box. I am currently waiting for a refund of my $20 which their people say could take as long as two bank statements to credit back. That in itself is bogus as my bank processes the credit within 72 hours of receiving it. I will be on MDC's (Ladies Home Journal and More magazines owner) back until they refund my money. I think it is a very sneaky way to get subscriptions and unethical.
Complaint comments Comments Complaint country United States Complaint category Magazines & Newspapers
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

16th of Apr, 2011 by    0 Votes
What does the online store have to do with the complaint. Why is it posted here?
 21st of Jun, 2011 by    0 Votes

Ladies Home Journal - over charged
Ladies Hoooooooome Jurnal
703 N. Central
Crandon
Wisconsin

I was sent a renewal notice for a two (2) year renewal for which I sent a check for $14.97; this was on5/3/2011. Then on 6/9/2011 my debit card was charged $30.00 (unauthorized) for this same magazine.

Credit Card Skimming + ATM and Debit Skimming