logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (10 mins ago)
WMV*WWW.MATCH.COM/BILL
Unauthorized charges made on my debit card
2. (16 mins ago)
Balanced Media Services
They took money from me – no info about this scamming company
3. (28 mins ago)
USPS
RUDE PEOPLE AT USPS
4. (28 mins ago)
Prestigeskate.com
Blocked access to seller’s profile
5. (36 mins ago)
Garcina Cambogia & Digestit (Colon Cleanse')
Unorauthorised Deduction from my Visa Account

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

LA Fitness Complaints & Reviews - Inappropriate behavior at LA Fitness!

LA Fitness Contacts & Informations

LA Fitness

Posted:    Valerie

Inappropriate behavior at LA Fitness!

This morning, as I was working out on one of those hamstring machines that has you lying on your stomach, face forward and raising the weights with your ankles, a personal trainer approaches me from behind, puts his hand on my back and tells me that this position is exposing me, that I should preserve my dignity and there are other machines that I can use "without shame" that will exercise the same muscles (the machines he pointed to were for quads, not for hamstrings but that's just a small point).

I asked him to remove his hand and was touching a woman he had never met also a part of preserving her "dignity". When I complained to the general manager, however, that manager defended the personal trainer (who had interrupted a session with a paying client to monitor me). the manager said he himself touches people all of the time, that it's good to have someone stop women from being "exposed".

I think this is a terrible atmosphere for a woman to work out in, and I am now about to cancel my membership. Not that it's relevant, but none of my skin was exposed, nor should I feel restricted by what machines I use by someone else's (a personal trainer no less) mixed-up sense of "dignity". And to have his inappropriate touching and monitoring be supported by the manager? What kind of company is this...
Comments United States Sports & Recreation
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

9th of Jan, 2007 by   Valerie 0 Votes
LA Fitness has been running huge ads in the Dallas Morning News. I called the Rowlett Texas location to inquire about memberships.

The lady who answered the phone acted like she didn't know what to do. I also asked her if this was the closest club to me in Garland. She informed me that they will be opening a club in Garland. I inquired as to when it would be open. She said "I have no idea". She asked "Would you like to talk to a sales rep?" I answered "yes". The sales rep acted like he couldn't be bothered but informed me that the new Garland club will be next to South Garland High School. That is right down the street from me. He couldn't give me any specifics and talked so fast that I had to ask him to slow down when he was explaining rates, etc. to me. I asked him if I could purchase a membership now and join the Garland club when it opens. He said "yes". I asked if he could call me when he finds out when the Garland club would open and gave him my phone number. He said he would get back to me. He never called back. I encountered no financial loss with this experience but it tells me that LA Fitness could care less if they make you a customer or not. In other words, if they treat a potential customer so poorly, just think how they will treat a customer once they scratch up your money.
 31st of Jan, 2007 by   Elizabeth Carrillo 0 Votes
I must agree with the complains in this post. I have my own experience with LA Fitness in McKinney and it isn't pleasant. I signed up on November trying to take advantage of a promotion even when I knew I wasn't going the first month since we were going out of town. A week after we signed up, I decided to go and took my two daughters with me to check the kids club which turned out to be a horror scenery. First thing I saw when walking in, I baby crying scared at the corner of the club and non of the 4 sitters where even bothering to look. I figured "first timer" and let it go. Then left my daughters and starting working out. 10 minutes later I am called because they are upset crying. I go down and stayed with them to check what was going on.... surprise, surprise, within the 1/2 hour of being there, 1 of the sitters was yelling at a kid for being loud, the one that was supposed to be taking care of the non-walking babies is chatting with the other one and all the babies are crying at the top of their lungs and they were not even bothered by it. Of course the hole time, they are being bothered by me being there and staring at me like a weird bug. I took my 2 daughters and left, 2 days later came back with my husband and asked him to stay with the kids without saying a word to him of what had happened just told him "so the kids get use to the place". 10 minutes later in the workout he is calling me on my cell saying the same thing!! we took our kids and left. The next day I called the manager to complain and she only said to come and speak to her next time I am at the Gym... I mean, hadn't I just told her what had happened on the phone? Of course!!! the first thing on my head was "she just wants to know who I am for whatever reason" ... nothing was done, things at the same at the kids club. At the time I asked to cancel my membership and my money back since only a week had passed they refuse to do it because they have a 3 day only policy that the sales guy "forgot" to mention (my own fault for not reading through the contract though). I kept the membership but haven't been able to work out a single day because my 2 daughters are terrified of going in there. Today I wanted to freeze my account and I was told that I need it to give them 2 1/2 weeks notice to do so (no where in the contract says anything about that, nor in their web page. I called the corporate office and they said nothing could be done because the charge to my credit card was already done even when they are supposed to charge the credit card on the first. The explanation: "we sent out the billing (charge the credit cards) a few days before the first so by the first we have the clearing of the bank and your account won't go delinquent, in fact, we are making you a favor by doing this" I could not believe what I was hearing!! As of today we have spent $430 on dues and not worked out a single day... by the way, I also forgot to mentioned that they charge you with first and last month and year subscription to get you enrolled.
 12th of Feb, 2007 by   Valerie 0 Votes
I recently started working in a new area and wanted to join a gym. There is an LA Fitness very close to where I work in Sorrento Valley/Mira Mesa, California.

I went in there about three weeks ago just to look at the facilities. I was in no frame of mind to make any kind of commitment because there are a lot of health clubs in the area, and I wanted to check them all out before joining anything. Well, before they would let me even look at the place, they called this goon over who spent more than 20 minutes trying to sell me a membership. I told him that I wanted to see the facilities first. So he took me around for 5 minutes and then brought me back to his desk and proceeded to try to get me to give him a check and sign a contract. I told him that I just stopped in to see the gym and that was it! Then I asked about a free pass to try out the exercise classes. So he said he would put me in the computer for a 7 day pass. I explained to him that I didn't have time to try it out right away but that in a few weeks I would. He assured me that the pass was good for 7 days once I actually started to use it.

Well, last night - about 3 weeks later, I went to the gym to try out one of the exercise classes for the first time. They couldn't find my name in the computer, but I didn't want to miss the class so I gave them my info so that they could sort it out by the time the class was over. After the class, I went to see what happened. The General Manager, Joe, jumped all over me and told me that if I wanted to try out their gym it would cost me $40 for the week, and that a gym is a gym and that I should just go ahead and buy the membership. I explained to him that I am joining for the classes only, and that I want to make sure that I like them before I commit myself to $149 plus $35 a month.

(Do the math, that's almost $600 for the year!!!!) I told him that every other gym gives people a free pass to try out their facilities and he told me that the exercise classes are for members only and that the only way I could try them out was to pay him the $149 and if, within 5 days, I didn't like them, I could get my money back. Yeah, right. Why not just let me use the free f$#^$king pass??!!?!? Then I go on the internet and learn about all the horror stories about LA Fitness never giving anybody their money back or allowing members to cancel their contracts by not processing their paperwork!!! Why should I give these people $149 to try out their gym when they are supposed to give free 3,5, or 7 day passes to do this???!?!?!?!!! I was so mad that I called up their corporate headquarters and talked to some guy in the membership department. He told me that of course I should be able to get a free pass to try out the gym. Then he put me on hold and called Joe, the GM of LA Fitness in Sorrento Valley. When he came back on the line, he was extremely rude to me and told me that if I wasn't prepared to join the club the day I walked into LA Fitness then I should have never stopped by there in the first place. I was so mad that I asked to speak to his supervisor and he refused to put his supervisor on!!!!! What a way to operate a customer service department. And come to think of it, if you're trying to sell a gym membership, shouldn't you wait to be rude until AFTER you've condemned the victim to one of your never-ending contracts???!?!?

People, do not join this club. They are only after your money, and once they get it, they WILL NOT GIVE IT BACK, nor will they cancel your membership, so you will continue to have to pay the monthly fee month after month, even after having sent in the paperwork to have it cancelled. The staff and management, from local to corporate, are extremely rude and unprofessional. I never thought the day would come when I would be insulted by a bunch of meatheads. They are worse than the proverbial used-car salesmen (my apologies to used-car salesmen). As for the class, it was crowded, nobody looked happy, and there weren't enough weights in the room for everyone to use - and the weights that were there weren't marked and looked like they came off some submarine from WWII that had been lying at the bottom of the sea for the past 60 years. You are better off joining a smaller gym where the staff and management care about their members and know how to treat customers. In Mira Mesa/Sorrento Valley alone, there are lots and lots of gyms. I am so glad Joe was such a dick to me because I started looking around and found a gym that was much better, friendlier and cheaper than LA Fitness!!!
 28th of Feb, 2007 by   Tenzin 0 Votes
LA Fitness is by far the most unprofessional fitness club I have come across. I joined initially because they were giving discounted membership and letting people use their temporary facility for free. However, it's been over two months since the promised "opening" date of their new and improved club at Springfield, Maryland. I didn't want to wait any longer and decided to cancel my membership, but they told me I'd have to wait till the club opened and then I can cancel within the first three days of their opening for a full refund. They kept giving me random dates for the opening with the same scripted response,"Oh, I know it's frustrating for you. It's frustrating for us too." I finally call on Feb.28, the last time I was told the club would open, and guess what? The club is still not open and the date has been moved to beginning of March!! This is ridiculous! Not only does the staff not know how to behave and talk professionally, they don't even look fit to represent a fitness club. I didn't think about it until I visited a Washington Sports Club (WSC) and was greeted by a fit looking, very professional and polite fitness trainer. I mean, a healthy and fit looking body is what a fitness club is trying to sell and if you don't look the part, what does it say about the business you are in? The people over at LA Fitness looked sloppy, chubby and definitely not someone I would approach to ask for advice on fitness.

P.S. I did get my money back after I yelled at the "General Manager" and told him I don't have the patience to call them back over and over again. He said it's done and that the money will be back in my account. I was surprised that he didn't ask me to come in personally like they did before to get my money back. I mean, if this could have been taken care of over the phone in the first place, why inconvenience their members (or ex-members is more like it)??? I don't know what business wisdom lies behind this tactic, but for sure now not only did they lose a customer, they also managed to lose potential customers because I will be advising people against joining this club.
 27th of Mar, 2007 by   Ernie S. 0 Votes
Do not join this club! Be warned! They are only after your money. If you do, you do so at your own risk. LA Fitness is by far the most unprofessional fitness club I have come across. And if you already made the mistake of joining , whatever you do, DO NOT sign up for any of their "personal training". Don't even talk to them about it or they may put your name in the computer, access and charge your credit card or bank account without authorization and then you will have to deal with trying to get a refund and the hell they will put you through.

I'm surprised they have not had a class action lawsuit or criminal charges brought against them yet.
 28th of Mar, 2007 by   Wendy Coleman 0 Votes
The staff at the call center is beyond sub-par. Everytime I call I get different information and they are doing this to delay my cancellation so that they can keep my money longer. They told me I needed a doctor's note so I provided one then they said it needed to say a specific phrase which they never told me i needed. Now I am wasting time and money due to their incompetence. I have really had it and there are no apologies, they make the mistakes and make the customer fix it. DO NOT JOIN LA FITNESS!!!
 12th of Jul, 2007 by   Stacie 0 Votes
I just wanted to put my two cents in since I saw that the Rowlett, Texas gym was mentioned. I work out at LA Fitness in Rowlett and have had nothing negative ever happen there. I am also in the personal training program and Jeff is my trainer. He is FANTASTIC! I have not had one problem there. When I first talked to the personal trainers, Noel and Ryan to be exact, they were very nice and very sincere and never once talked to me like they just wanted my money. They didn't even hound me about getting a personal trainer. I actually had to call up there and ask them when a good time was for me to come back in and set something up! I have nothing negative to say about the gym or the personal trainers what so ever. They are very professional and very polite. The people at the front counter are very curious as well! I did not sign any contracts either. Everything for me was done on a month to month basis and I can cancel at anytime as long as I give them 60 days notice. I give this gym two thumbs up and the trainers (especially jeff) two more thumbs up! Love it!
 13th of Jul, 2007 by   John Smith 0 Votes
My complaint is about their cancellation process which is totally designed to make as much money as they can off of you. I sent my cancellation form via regular mail and they never received it, they told me that I should have sent my letter with certified mail. I called and talked to their customer service and after being on the phone for almost 45 minutes, they told me that they canceled my membership and there is nothing to worry about, that I don't owe anything. Surprisingly two months after that, I received a letter from a collection agency that I have to pay $184. I went to the LA Fitness club next to my house and they said basically they could not help me and they would ask their corporate to call me back. They called me back after a few hours, and told me how much are you willing to pay to cancel your membership and stop receiving bills. It's like when you go to a car dealership and you want to negotiate on the price of the car, or when you go to the flea market to negotiate on the price of an item. Finally, I agreed to pay for one month and they told me that they will not send me ay other bills and that they will cancel my membership. I recorded my conversation with the customer service representative, in case they wanted to screw me over again, hopefully they will not. I found so many complaints online about LA Fitness, and their cancellation process, so people be careful. I DO NOT recommend this club to anybody!!
 7th of Sep, 2007 by   yohkos 0 Votes
I just want to say thank you for all the people who took the time to express their concern about LA Fitness. I am searching for a health club and was considering LA Fitness. They have recently built a nice looking gym in Arlington, TX.

From reading complaints here and elsewhere on the internet, no matter how great this gym looks on the outside, I am taking your warnings seriously and looking to join a different gym. There have been so many complaints that I have decided not to even apply for a free pass... I just do not want to be associated with a company that cares so little for the customer. We already have enough of that going around.

Thanks again for your comments and saving me from making a horrible decision.
 8th of Sep, 2007 by   Jamie 0 Votes
Thanks to all those who have publicly expressed concern about the horrors of dealing with the LA Fitness corporation. I have had a very similar experience with both LA Fitness and Body of Change, the gym's personal training service. I foolishly signed up for both a one year gym membership and a personal training program, after being unfairly persuaded with a "free trial" by their greasy and unknowledgeable personal trainers. I attempted to cancel the personal training contract after being promised a "no obligation, cancel at any time" policy. The crooks at LA Fitness and Body of Change continued to bill my credit card $312 for the past two years, amounting to nearly $5,000 over time. Beyond that, LA Fitness will not stop billing me for my one year gym membership, which expired over a year ago.

I have spent at least one day per week over the past two years on the phone with LA Fitness trying to get my money back and to ask that they simply stop billing me. My complaints have fallen upon deaf ears. I have spoken to everyone from LA Fitness corporate offices, local gyms, etc and nothing has changed. Everyone we speak with continues to make false promises of resolutions, but thousands of dollars still remain on my credit card statement after two years.

I've seen many of you say "LA Fitness should be sued." Well... today might be your lucky day. My family is considering filing a class action lawsuit against these bastards, and we'd love for you to join in the fight. If you've had a similar experience, I'd like to hear your story. You can leave us your contact information or remain completely anonymous. I'd just like to gauge how many people's time, money and credit has been affected by this horrendous excuse for a company. If we do decide to go forward with the lawsuit, I will email you back to see if you'd like to participate.

Please email me your story at LAFitnessComplaints@gmail.com.
 18th of Sep, 2007 by   TK 0 Votes
I was scammed by some sale associates at LA Fitness in Riverside, CA. I was doing a summer internship in the city and only needed membership for a few months. The sales associate persuaded me to sign up for personal training by lying to me and assuring that I can sign up for personal training for 3 months with no futher obligations after that. Guess what? After those 3 months I moved back to school and I was stuck with 9 more months on a personal training contract and LA Fitness would not cancel the contract.

My colleague who was also an intern talked to a different sale associate who gave him "special 1 month" pass, but he had to pay cash. I guess my intern got a better deal, but that just shows how shady the employees at that location are.
 26th of Oct, 2007 by   Debra Alanis 0 Votes
I signed up for the free training assessment that every club offers through their Body of Change program in August 2007.I talked to the trainer, Michelle Scott, and she told me it was a six month training, twice a week. I didn't sign up but she called me a couple days later to see what I thought. We talked and her manager (Jeremy?) was talking to her in the background. She said it would be $360, and I said that was too expensive. She then talked to her manager in the background and he said he would throw in 17 free sessions that I could use in the next six months. Hence, that would be 6 months x 8 times per month plus 17 more sessions, and it would be $160 to sign up and $200 more in two weeks, for a total of $360. So I agreed and the training started the next week. I asked at the first session if there was something to sign and she said no, it was taken care of, so I never saw a contract, never signed a contract, and the $360 was charged, which is what we agreed to. However, then I got a $211 charge in September, and another $211 charge in October. I tried to call a phone number from the website which told me nothing, I went to the club which referred me to the trainer, and the trainer told me she would email them and they would contact me because that's the only way she knew how to reach them. She had no phone number for them. When they finally called, they informed me that it was $200/mo in addition to what we agreed on, and didn't I know that? NO, I didn't. I had them fax me the "contract" I never saw, and that's what it said, plus you had 3 days to cancel, although there's NO signature from me because it was never discussed and I never signed anything. I would NOT EVER agree to $200/mo and they knew that in our initial discussions. I told them I want to cancel immediately and they told me to send a registered letter stating this, which I did. When I called the next week to check on it,(888-889-0984) they said I would have to pay half the remaining charges for the months not being used, namely another $300 according to the contract, and I would still have 6 months to use my 17 free sessions. WHAT CONTRACT??? I didn't sign anything. I had a grand total of 12 trainings and it's cost me $760 so far, and they want me to pay $300 more? NO!! This is a bait and switch FRAUD!

For what it's worth, I filed a complaint with the BBB and I've cancelled my credit card number so they can't bill me anymore.
 5th of Nov, 2007 by   Thomas Smith 0 Votes
Hi. This is a personal trainer . I am here to defend all fitness facilities. All we hear is your pissing and moaning. Basically, you people are trying to whine your way out of what you owe. Why? Ever hear of the expression: "No pain, no gain"? Its exactly that. Sometimes the pain will be physical, but sometimes it will be financial. You cant get something for nothing. Just deal with it and stop crying like bitches. Lets be honest here folks... you (pathetic slobs) members come in here for training and expect us to somehow get you into some sort of human shape (not possible, your disgusting and WAY out shape). Day in and day out, we personal trainers make every attempt to reshape your flabby, greasy, out of shape bodies into something that will not make the rest of us projectile vomit. We do what we can, but to add insult to injury, we have to hear you snivel and cry about how much you have to pay. To be honest with you, I think you should be paying double what you are. If you were not so pathetic, you would actually drop that hamburger, pick up the weights and DO IT YOURSELF. But no... you think you can just buy your way out of your wretched physical existence. Look, we cant do it all for you. Maybe we should schedule you some surgery to have your mouth sewn shut? Guess we cant, because you would have to reach into your pocket and pay for it. Heavens forbid.

Well, I hope this clears some things up for you zipper heads. Have a nice day, and remember..
 5th of Nov, 2007 by   Alexandria Whitby 0 Votes
I'm sorry, I just have to disagree with that. "Inappropriate touching"? That's ridiculous. You have a messed up sense of dignity if you think just by touching someone to get their attention is being a pervert.

Also, I find it hilarious that you people complain about the costs when you could do it for FREE and do your own work. That's just being stupid, whining about how much it is to PICK UP A GOD DAMNED WEIGHT.
 15th of Nov, 2007 by   crazyforcoke 0 Votes
As to the "trainers" response to the complaints about the "cost" the "slobs" are speaking about...

"Trainer", I guess you are all "muscle" and "little to no brains". If you could read you would have heard the emphasis of the complaint to be with the intentional deceptive practices of this outfit in general. If a health club was honest they would have contracts that would be easy to fulfill by both parties. A club would not want to make money for a service the other party (for whatever reason) chose to no longer take advantage, or felt the club was not adequate in supplying what they agreed to. As for the lady that never signed the contract and was still charged (who bone-head "Trainer" was first referring to?), lady, I would be suing this club as well as the notification to the BBB.

I work in contracting and we recently gave this same club some steep discounts to get more business. It worked, they wanted us to do more work for them. But one thing, they are not too good at paying their bills when they owe. Really? Surprised? Not really. Look at the history of most major health clubs and you find they are notorious for deception and simply put "legalized robbery".
Go ask your banker if they have clients coming in trying to get the banks help to stop payment to a particular club. They will tell you they are the worst. Might find the club you are ready to join on the top of their list?

Want to join a club? Do it on a month to month contract... in cash. You like them you can save money by making a longer arranged payment (ie. pay for 6 or 12 months). If they won't accept monthly and want your bank account or C.C. number with authorization to rape you monthly (worse than the meager polite hand on the back, by the way you would have thought she would have liked someone letting her know some things she wasn't aware of being exposed were in view, but maybe in the meat market that was her desire), you may chose to find a different club.

Smaller clubs seem to be more honest, and not mind your cash business.

Food for thought.
Oh hopefully diet food, without all the fat.

Happy weight pumping!
 14th of Dec, 2007 by   Laura 0 Votes
This is in response to THOMAS SMITH - the "Physical Trainer" who posted garbage like this:

"All we hear is your pissing and moaning." "No pain, no gain"? Its exactly that."

"Just deal with it and stop crying like bitches." "expect us to somehow get you into some sort of human shape (not possible, your disgusting and WAY out shape). Day in and day out, we personal trainers make every attempt to reshape your flabby, greasy, out of shape bodies into something that will not make the rest of us projectile vomit."

"Maybe we should schedule you some surgery to have your mouth sewn shut?"

THOMAS - you are exactly a representation of why Corporate America is in the state that it's in. You whine & complain about having to work to earn the almighty dollar and yet to fail to understand a vital point : YOU WOULD NOT HAVE A JOB IF IT WERE NOT FOR THE CUSTOMER.

No pain, no gain???? How about "IF IT HURTS, DON'T DO IT"... physically, financially or otherwise, you idiot. Some physical trainer you must be.

And I'm sure you must be in stellar shape, you egotistical man-slut. You probably stand up straighter because your head is so full of hot air.

Get a grip, get a life and get a job more befitting of your attitude --- like a garbage collector.
 19th of Dec, 2007 by   Connie Lee 0 Votes
I agree with what people are saying on this site. Peopl at La fitness are the rudest people I've ever met. With the exception of a few. I WAS a member of La fitness in Mill Creek Washington. I went into the hot tub after a long days work to relax my muscles. Came out took a shower went home. The next day I find all these little red dots on the top part of my body. Starting from my lower back , Down to my bottom. frot of my upper legs, up my back to my arms and stomic. I went to my doctor to show him. He then told me it was an bactiral infection and that the bacteria is only found in Hot tubs and Lakes and had I been swimming lately. I told him I was in the hot tub at my gym for a bit. I then told the managment staff at the gym. Some IDIOT and Bitch named Shawn, and Sarah. Those two morons had the NERVE to say it was an allergic reaction to the chemicals in the pool and that the hot tub was clean. I got my doctor to write a note stating the bateria that cause the affection lives only in hot tubs. They once again stated that I am allergic to the chemicals in the pool its like I've been swimming since i was 2 im not allergic to the chemicals in pools plus i was a member of that club for 2 years before the hot tub insident. I had to threaten them with legal action just so I could quit the gym without paying that cancelation fee.
 18th of Mar, 2008 by   Deborah 0 Votes
Not only do I have a monthly membership that I thoroughly enjoy, but I also have a training membership with Body of Change. I work out with an awesome trainer from Coral Springs, Florida, (Umberto) and am happy to report that I have seen substantial improvements. Am I working hard for those improvements? Yes! With Umberto's help!

As to membership practices, I never felt that anyone was being deceitful in the least. The Body of Change representative not only got me the best possible deal, but he spelled out the entire financial obligation! If you work out the details, I am paying about $20 for each 1/2 hour training session, which is incredible if you do any research and check out the much higher prices out there.

Honestly, I was so impressed by this company, that I have started working there myself one hour per week conducting an Aqua Fitness class.
 24th of Apr, 2008 by   Mia 0 Votes
LA fitness needs to educate its training managers on proper customer service. I was scammed into a full year of training sesssions by an unscrupulous, money-hoaring woman. They show you pictures of how fat they were and brain wash you into agreeing to training sessions with unqualified people. They claim that they are all certified trainers and some can't even speak english!!! Then, their billiing practices. They double bill you, claim innocence and give you the hardest of time to get your money back, making you provide sensitive, personal bank information. Don't trust their billing practices, they are deceptive!!
 9th of Jun, 2008 by   Ryan 0 Votes
This place's business practices are the fitness equivalent of the mafia.

I joined a new location in New Brighton, MN. I went there for maybe 3 days, then went on vacation for 3 weeks.

Coming back, I noticed cheap paper signs had been put up in the locker room informing members that lockers there were for day use only. No overnight storage... can you see where this is going?

Of course, my locker had been cut already and upon checking with the front desk's lost and found, my stuff was nowhere to be found.

I requested 3 months of paid membership since I estimated the total value of the contents of my locker to be about $100.

I also expressed considerable concern that they would throw out or "donate" a brand new member's belongings within a month of opening!

I received word that if I could prove that it was in fact L.A. Fitness that had cut my lock, in a court of law, I could receive one free month of paid membership dues.

Upon hearing this, I instantly informed them I no longer wished to be a part of their club. I strongly urge anyone considering a membership at L.A. fitness to look elsewhere, or better yet buy a bench and some free weights.

WARNING!! DO NOT JOIN!!!