logo

Projects Abroad
No adult supervision!
3. (43 mins ago)
Booking.com
never give your credit card details to booking.com
4. (1 hr 7 mins ago)
EXACTUS INFOTECH SOLUTION PVT LTD
Fraud placement service
5. (1 hr 24 mins ago)
Oneplan Medical Insurance
Not authorizing my sons operation

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Posted:    Kroger675

Employee Complaint

Kroger
Aiken, South Carolina
I am an employee at Kroger branch 675. I feel as though the courtesy clerks are taken advantage of and paid hardly any respect. I realize the courtesy clerks' job includes more than bagging on the front end. The baggers are the stores custodial staff, the ones who run errands for the managers, the ones who push the buggies in throughout the entire day, and the ones who clear the parking lot of carts each night (this is assigned to one person). I realize this is part of the job and that's why this isn't my complaint. The managers at Kroger branch 675 don't respect the courtesy clerks in the slightest. Many times I've seen the managers take advantage if the baggers by asking them to go outside to push in buggies when they've just came in. Note that it has been extraordinarily hot this summer. 30 minutes on the lot sure does take it out of you. The managers ignore this and complain when we take our rests after pushing in a long line. They're fortunate no one has dropped from dehydration yet. The baggers have gotten sick in the parking lot, and are told to go sit down for 5 minutes and then get back to work. My outstanding complaint is not exactly about the parking kit but instead a matter if respect where it's due. The baggers contribute a kit to the store and I believe they deserve respect to a much higher degree than the managers are giving them.
As a footnote, the new manager up front has prompted me to finalize this complaint because she's just crossed the line in disrespect. I appreciate your consideration.
Comments United States Employees
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

18th of Sep, 2010 by   Jenaleee 0 Votes
I agree with you. Many years ago...when I was 19, I was a courtesy clerk at a local store (not Kroger). I worked my tail off and was only 98 lbs or so. I pushed those huge baskets up a slope into the cart area. The management was rude, some of the checkers were rude and other courtesy clerks wouldn't do the job so I was stuck with it (one particular girl was a good 250 lbs and much stronger yet I had to clean the parking lot). I told her off and it stopped. Anyhow, I was able to push 10 carts at a time. Customers were rude also in the parking lot and I nearly got ran over many times and yelled at for "being in the way."
I quit after a year. I will never do that again.
 4th of Jan, 2011 by   MADMAN4931 0 Votes
We haven't had anything like this at my store. Though the assistant manager never really has anything good to say about my work even though I'm nice to her and do the work I'm asked to do. What happens a lot at my store is what can be considered laziness. I call for code 3, code 1, stamps etc. And often those requests don't get dealt with until an hour later, or unless I keep callin for it. I don't have a problem with Walgreens because I've worked for two very horrible companies in the past so this is great compared to those
 4th of Jan, 2011 by   MADMAN4931 0 Votes
wow this website is smart. ignore my last post up there it's for a different place
 5th of Feb, 2011 by   AmberL 0 Votes
bagging does stink but it should be a stepping stone job to go into a different position. rarely are people kept as a bagger for longer then a year or two. discuss with your manager you are interested in a clerk position, such as cashier or grocery and hopefully they will let you move elsewhere when they feel you have proven yourself. i think most people that start at kroger start off as a bagger. it is just how the company works.
 18th of Sep, 2012 by   RarelyComplain 0 Votes
Isn't anything right in Aiken, SC? But... where's the cry of racism? I read the whole post and not a peep. Is somebody in Aiken SC abusing crackers for a change?

That place (and Augusta GA) have to be the most decrepit part of the US. This Yankee (doodle dandy, by the way) will surely avoid that hornets nest. Thank you Complaints Board for the travel warnings!
 20th of Jun, 2013 by   itsnofair +1 Votes
The Kroger store in Tennessee is all about the high up mangers and their rude attitude! thry want you to take whatever and jump when they say jump. Oh by the way the customer is always right no matter what, and you can't defend yourself agains them. The Union is no good at all because they side with manager and your voice doesn't matter, so why do we pay union fees? You work your fanny off and gey paid scraps and little hours and the mangement walks around with the big pay for doing nothing!!
 6th of Aug, 2013 by   kevin e.anderson 0 Votes
IM AT A KROGER STORE IN MEMPHIS, TENNESSEE..MY MANAGEMENT DOES NOT RESPECT ME AT ALL AS A STOCKER.I HAVE THE BIGGEST AISLE WITH THE MOST CASES EVERY NIGHT.WE HAVE A FULL CREW WHICH IS SUPPOSE TO BE COMPRISED OF TEAMWORK.IT DOESNT HAPPEN WITH ME.IM GETTING IGNORED BECAUSE OF OTHERS ON THE CREW WITH FAR LESS THE MAJORITY OF THE TIME.THEY GET ATTENTION ALL NIGHT AND GET HELP EVERY NIGHT.I GETS THROWN UNDER THE BUS SORT OF SPEAK.I LOVE THE COMPANY BUT IM FED UP WITH THE TREATMENT IM GETTING FROM THESE GUYS AT THIS STORE.MY VOICE DONT SEEM TO MATTER AND IM SICK OF PAYING UNION DUES EVERY WEEK FOR NOTHING.IVE BUSTED MY ASS SINCE DAY 1.HELP!!!

FBI Raid on Foreclosure Scam Artists