Employee Complaint

Aiken, South Carolina
I am an employee at Kroger branch 675. I feel as though the courtesy clerks are taken advantage of and paid hardly any respect. I realize the courtesy clerks' job includes more than bagging on the front end. The baggers are the stores custodial staff, the ones who run errands for the managers, the ones who push the buggies in throughout the entire day, and the ones who clear the parking lot of carts each night (this is assigned to one person). I realize this is part of the job and that's why this isn't my complaint. The managers at Kroger branch 675 don't respect the courtesy clerks in the slightest. Many times I've seen the managers take advantage if the baggers by asking them to go outside to push in buggies when they've just came in. Note that it has been extraordinarily hot this summer. 30 minutes on the lot sure does take it out of you. The managers ignore this and complain when we take our rests after pushing in a long line. They're fortunate no one has dropped from dehydration yet. The baggers have gotten sick in the parking lot, and are told to go sit down for 5 minutes and then get back to work. My outstanding complaint is not exactly about the parking kit but instead a matter if respect where it's due. The baggers contribute a kit to the store and I believe they deserve respect to a much higher degree than the managers are giving them.
As a footnote, the new manager up front has prompted me to finalize this complaint because she's just crossed the line in disrespect. I appreciate your consideration.
Complaint comments Comments Complaint country United States Complaint category Employees
Was the above complaint useful?

8th of Nov, 2008 by    0 Votes

Kroger - Bad experience
Kroger #330
1122 Powers Ferry Rd Marietta GA 30067
Phone: 404) 297-7882

This store is extremely dirty and appears to be poorly run/managed. Product with expired "sell/use by" dates are still on store shelves. I am shocked that the Kroger Company allows this store to operate in such a way.
 6th of Apr, 2009 by    0 Votes

Kroger - coupons
Kroger store
10306 S. Post Oak
Phone: 713 721-7691

I brought some items at the Kroger store and use my coupon at the store they only give me face value of the coupons. They would not double or triple my coupon like their sale sheet shows. This is the only Kroger store in the southwest area will not triple or double coupon like they advertise.
 31st of Aug, 2009 by    0 Votes
Does the coupon state anythin along the lines of "participation may vary"?

Corporate can request a store do something, but sometimes one does not. Not standing up for this store, as it sounds cheap to me!
 29th of Sep, 2009 by    0 Votes

Kroger - Awful customer service

The problem is most of the Customer Service reps can be jerks and have noticed they complain a lot on individual customers. There have been criminal situations by friends of this particular Kroger that often throw rocks during the day or night at individuals they dislike. Anger management issues, half the workers are simply drunks that are disgusted with anyone or anything "customer related."
 16th of Oct, 2009 by    0 Votes
I'm a cashier and some coupns just don't double. Some say right on it and also most store coupons don't double.
 23rd of Feb, 2010 by    0 Votes

Kroger - Meat/Deli Dept Employee

Employee Female White 45 refusal to package fish item for customer but miniutes before packaged item for fellow employee on February 22 about 745PM at the Wesrtern Hiulls store on Glenway Ave in Cincinnati Ohio
 3rd of Aug, 2010 by    0 Votes
I was in the Kroger on Hebron Rd in Heath, Ohio and a cashier told us to go to isle 7 for checkout because they were really busy. We went to isle 7 and unloaded our groceries, we stood there while several employees passed us by and left us stand there for about ten minuites. we finally went to someone and asked if anyone was going to check us out and they said that no one would answer the phone???? whatever that means. the last time i was in the store they had a sign next to some lucky charms that read $1.98 I thought that lucky charms were on sale for that price... well upon closer inspection it was actually kroger brand stars and treasures cereal and not lucky charms but guess what there was not a box of kroger brand stars and treasures in sight... that againt the law its called bait and switch. i will never shop there again and i will recommend to all of my friends that they not shot there either
 3rd of Aug, 2010 by    0 Votes
i think it is wrong to ask for you e-mail address and physical address
 3rd of Aug, 2010 by    0 Votes
i walked out of the store never to return
 18th of Sep, 2010 by    0 Votes
I agree with you. Many years ago...when I was 19, I was a courtesy clerk at a local store (not Kroger). I worked my tail off and was only 98 lbs or so. I pushed those huge baskets up a slope into the cart area. The management was rude, some of the checkers were rude and other courtesy clerks wouldn't do the job so I was stuck with it (one particular girl was a good 250 lbs and much stronger yet I had to clean the parking lot). I told her off and it stopped. Anyhow, I was able to push 10 carts at a time. Customers were rude also in the parking lot and I nearly got ran over many times and yelled at for "being in the way."
I quit after a year. I will never do that again.
 4th of Jan, 2011 by    0 Votes
We haven't had anything like this at my store. Though the assistant manager never really has anything good to say about my work even though I'm nice to her and do the work I'm asked to do. What happens a lot at my store is what can be considered laziness. I call for code 3, code 1, stamps etc. And often those requests don't get dealt with until an hour later, or unless I keep callin for it. I don't have a problem with Walgreens because I've worked for two very horrible companies in the past so this is great compared to those
 4th of Jan, 2011 by    0 Votes
wow this website is smart. ignore my last post up there it's for a different place
 5th of Feb, 2011 by    0 Votes
bagging does stink but it should be a stepping stone job to go into a different position. rarely are people kept as a bagger for longer then a year or two. discuss with your manager you are interested in a clerk position, such as cashier or grocery and hopefully they will let you move elsewhere when they feel you have proven yourself. i think most people that start at kroger start off as a bagger. it is just how the company works.
 28th of Feb, 2011 by    0 Votes
I know a meat cutter who tells me not to buy anything from Kroger meat or deli. He sat they're are several integrity issues stemming from higher up. They grind outdated product ro sell and give things a longer shelf life arfter it expires
 9th of Mar, 2011 by    0 Votes

Kroger - No cashiers open
New Albany

Feeling the need to boycott Kroger. On Monday morning, the only cash register line open was self-serve. All those empty cashier lines!!! This is an outrage. Prices keep going up and they don't provide any customer service! Funny part is my local Jay-Cee store, also owned by Kroger, keeps 6 lanes open all the time.
 10th of Mar, 2011 by    0 Votes
And what time are you grocery shopping on a Monday morning? Peek time have much to do with stocking the store with checkers.
 18th of Sep, 2012 by    -1 Votes
A year and a half later... Kroger has actually been doing some good price competition with the other stores around here. How about 2 red peppers for a buck and they were large and beautiful; pepperjack cheese - $2.49 for a huge brick with lots of peppers visible in it. I made a slew of stuffed red peppers. The meat costed 10X what I paid for the red peppers -the reverse opposite of the way it used to be. Also, Kowalski smoked Polish sausage (best of the best) costs over $1.50 less then what you pay at the Kowalski store. They are trying to do something about prices, probably because in the past Kroger was considered expensive and a lot of people are on the skids these days.
 18th of Sep, 2012 by    0 Votes
Isn't anything right in Aiken, SC? But... where's the cry of racism? I read the whole post and not a peep. Is somebody in Aiken SC abusing crackers for a change?

That place (and Augusta GA) have to be the most decrepit part of the US. This Yankee (doodle dandy, by the way) will surely avoid that hornets nest. Thank you Complaints Board for the travel warnings!
 5th of Dec, 2012 by    0 Votes

Kroger - refusal to reconize kroger card
2495 n. cedar street
Phone: 5176944119

my kroger discount card was refused because the new scanner would not recognize it the clerk was to lazy and refused to enter the numbers manually was told to just leave and get a new card. question why would i get a new card when i will never shop kroger again.
larry lincoln
 17th of Jan, 2013 by    0 Votes

Kroger - Inquiry
Kroger Corp. in TN

Are you going to charge a credit card fee used for payment of products and/or do you already incorperate the fee you have to pay compamy card company for processing? I would appreciate hearing your response as I'm sure many customers would.

Contact Us