logo

Silverleaf Resorts
Scam
2. (6 mins ago)
Zazzle
will not eespond to correct their mistake
3. (9 mins ago)
.opalannies.com
SICK KITTENS BAD BREEDER
4. (12 mins ago)
SafeWay
Minors touching alcohol
5. (15 mins ago)
Publix
Do they really care about the worker

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Kor Professional, Houston, Texas Complaints & Reviews - What a rippoff!

Kor Professional Contacts & Informations

Kor Professional

Posted: 2011-09-13 by    Shamerika

What a rippoff!

S. O Sales Inc.
5135 West Alabama, Kiosk 120
Houston, Texas
Phone: 7138508824
I'm at the Galleria Mall (Houston, TX) and was pulled by a salesman selling hair straighteners from KOR PROFESSIONAL brand. I insist that I already have one and showed me my CHI iron and insisted it wasn't "100% ceramic plates". The straightener HE was using worked fine and did various things to my hair so I negotiated the from $220 down to 189. I thought it was okay since I understand people are trying to hustle for their money so I didn't mind. When I got home this product did the exact oppsite. Not only does it smells like burn, it pulled my hair, is obviously from cheap material, and they guy told me if anything were to happen "we should simply give you a new one"... when in reality you have to send it to the headquarters along with $10-30 to have it replaced or fixed. What a rippoff. Next time I see then, I will give them the finger and make sure NO ONE BUYS FROM THIS COMPANY EVER AGAIN.

Ripoff company name is S.O Sales Inc. (S O Sales Inc) on the receipt it shows as HYT Sales Houston

I will file a complaint with the BBB and Attorney General because this is just ridiculous that "ALL SALES ARE FINAL" even when the product is not performing like it should and completely the opposite of what you were told.
Comments United States Health & Beauty
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

26th of Nov, 2011 by   Angie Katy, TX 0 Votes
Thank you sooo very much for your post.. as I was saving up to buy one of these straighteners and because of you taking the time to write this review.. it has saved me $. I appreciate that very much!
Angie- Katy, TX
 29th of Nov, 2011 by   BLC44 0 Votes
I would say you got a knock off and not the real thing! I have had my KOR straightener for about 3 months and I like it better than I did my CHI. I ordered mine directly from their website and when my daughter tried mine she wants one for Christmas and I was able to get it off the Moolala site that has the holder and shampoo and conditioner for only 55.00. Again I think you didn't get the real thing since the real thing is AMAZING! This week they have all their straighteners and curlers for 50% off. but go through the company themselves. Shipping was 13.00 from Houston to SLC.
 3rd of Dec, 2011 by   Iris T +1 Votes
Hello Guys,

I was also at the galleria (in Houston) and happen to run into this sales man and bought the KOR Straightener for $ 130.00 dollars. I tried it for several weeks (about 2 times a week) and I keep on getting the burn smell. I spoke to a Pro Hairstylists and she recommend to turn the temp down o 325 to 350 degrees. Which I did and Now it don't have the smell and my hair is even smoother. However, that day I bought it on my way out of the galleria there was a another KOR Sales rep with his stand. I ask him how much did the straightener cost, of course the same one that I just bought just to know the price difference. And guess what a TOTAL RIPPED OFF!!! he was giving it to me for $ 55.00 dollars. Stupid SOB sorry I'm really piss.. :( Anyways so far I'm happy with the straightener.

Thanks,
Iris T
 30th of Dec, 2011 by   oremac1201 0 Votes
WOW!!! you were DEFINITELY ripped off. I bought the Kor flat irons from the same stand for $75.
 1st of Mar, 2012 by   Wilmarie Burgos 0 Votes
I'm shopping at the willow brook mall in Houston tx. And I get pull to sit and one of the Kor " sales man to try something on my hair I sit down and they curl my hair they use the flat iron to . they say the kit is 400 $ I kinda back off so he says ok I'll sell it to you for 300$ plus tax Im not really thinking I should pay that kind of money so as we are about to walk he says ill give youre mom a free one and I'll add two hair sprays to so we think about it and he says is " life time warranty " and if there is anything wrong with it I'll replace it for you or you can go on line and they will give you a refund . So we buy it the next day I try it and it didn't work it was smoke comminv out of it it didn't leave my hair the way the first one did at the mall so I went on line and found only one review saying it was a rip of and it sucked. Then I went on there website and o read the return policy and it said it if you buy it from there web site they be gladly to refund me the money if not then they can't so he lied to us with that to. I go back to the mall and demand a refund he says no and gave us a number to call and no answer
I got ripped off I belive it was a knock off and it's not fair these people are in business selling expensive hair machines that don't work when we get home it's unfair. I would understand if I had the machine for years and then turn around and he turn it but I didn't I brought it back the next dayeaa then 24 hr
I contacted my Amax credit card and they are trying to work with me to get a refund I hope I get my money off
 16th of Mar, 2012 by   yanwei 0 Votes
I walked by the stand on the 2nd floor at the Galleria and wanted to find out how much the straightener cost. The sales guy offered me the "professional" series model (top shelf items) for $140 initially. After I said, "I'll think about it", he immediately dropped the price to $70 and after further persuasion from him to make me buy, he dropped the price down to $55. He even had the story that this was his last day and he was going back to Venezuela when I told him I'll come back next week. His partner immediately turned his back to me once he heard that I would come back next week to buy after I had consulted with my girlfriend on whether she wanted it. I'm on vacation and will always consult my gf if I'm buying any cosmetic or hair stuff for her because the lady knows best. With his kind of attitude, and the reviews here, I'll definitely not buy from them because they don't deserve the sales at all.
 16th of Mar, 2012 by   Wilmarie Burgos 0 Votes
Wow yes don't buy it please they are fake I can't belive they have people still in that mall selling fake stuff to innocent people .
 10th of Apr, 2012 by   Jred91487 0 Votes
After reading these reviews I was scared I was ripped off too. I purchased mine at willowbrook mall and when I got home I tried it and it wasn't working like the one they used on my hair, so I let it heat for ten minutes and tried it again and it worked great!!! But I'm going to try to again tomorrow when my hair is back to its normal curly state. I got mine for 90 dollars
 10th of Apr, 2012 by   Jred91487 0 Votes
I also bought mine from willowbrook mall and when I got home I tried it and wasn't happy so I let it heat for ten minutes and went back and tried it again nd it worked great!!! The real test will e tomorrow when my hair is back to its natural curly state. I paid 90 and better not have got ripped off!!!
 19th of Jul, 2012 by   First Colony +2 Votes
i bought my Kor product from First Colony Mall, and that day my hair was a mess and needed washing, the consultant straighten and curled my hair and I loved it. I bought the the professional Kit for $250. I went home and washed my hair blow dried it and tried the flat iron. It didn't have a burn smell at all and my hair is gorgeous and so soft and silky today . I just love it .Maybe the guys in Willowbrook are selling fake ones you guys need to contact their company and let them know they have boosters out there selling their name but not their real products.
 29th of Jul, 2012 by   Leneva +1 Votes
I bought a Kor Professional Flat Iron from the Barton Creek Mall for $89 after some haggling. I didn't want to make the purchase that night but the price just kept going lower and lower when I said that I would come back. I just got done using the product, and it made my hair look spectacular! This is my first flat iron and I LOVE this product! I have to admit that I was skeptical after reading the reviews, but I couldn't be happier that I made this purchase. The flat iron looks well made and it's performance makes this a tool I will be using a lot from now on. I originally bought it because my daughter is going into Middle School and she wants me to style her hair for her. I'm happy that we both will be getting a lot of use out of it. I will be recommending this product to my friends!
 5th of Oct, 2012 by   Mktt2009 0 Votes
I bought one And 5 months later it stopped working. Could not find receipt, so now I can't do anything with it!!! Rip off!! Don't get one!!
 7th of Nov, 2012 by   iSPEAKTRUTH -1 Votes
DO NOT BUY THEIR PRODUCT. These people are a total scam. I was at the Willowbrook Mall in Houston and the girl dropped the wand on my shopping bag burnt plastic onto my new clothes I just purchased and insisted that she would offer me a deal because her owner's "wife" was in today. They offered me the wand for 99.00 dollars specially marked down for me and I ended up purchasing the quinoa nourishing serum for 30 bucks after she told me it was 70 bucks for retail. I checked online today and stumbled on this forum. The prices for the the serum and the wand were only 20 and 79 dollars.
 20th of Nov, 2012 by   SMARTSALES 0 Votes
THAT`S BECAUSE YOU ARE DEALING WITH JEWISH PEOPLE!!! THIS ISRAELIES ARE ALL OVER THE KIOSKS IN ALL OVER THE WORLD, , , SELLING CRAP THAT COST 1-10 OF THE PRICE THEY SELL TO YOU, , , , AND THEY CHANGE THE PRICE DEPENDS ON HOW INNOCENT THEY SEE THEIR CUSTOMERS...

BE CAREFUL WITH THIS PEOPLE, , , JUST AVOID THEM...DAMM JEWISH THEY ONLY CARE ABOUT THE MONEY!!!
 25th of Nov, 2012 by   blaahhhh -1 Votes
I went to the Kor stand in the Willowbrook mall to buy the straightner & curling iron for 140 both because I have a friend that got both of them for 120. I went and the sales man stated the kit was 250 or something & I said no! He wanted to sell it for me for 160 & i was getting mad cause they are always ripping people off. My other friend got her curling iron for 80 but she over heard the "manager" selling the same thing to another woman for 65. She got mad & wanted to buy it for the same price he was offering her, but he said he couldnt but he would give her a deal to buy it for 80. She did and she loves it but I HATE that they are always ripping people off!
 27th of Nov, 2012 by   jmmmarie 0 Votes
My Aunt and I tried to return a defective product at Memorial Mall in Houston and were told only exchanges could be made. We were not satisfied with the product and wanted a full refund but were informed that no refunds were to be made. There is NO return policy posted anywhere and we've got this on camera and it isn't until you purchase the item that it reads no refunds at the bottom of the receipt. The salespeople were very rude and as we read them the law stating that we have the right to receive the refund within 3 days of a purchase over $25 they became very irate and as we pleaded for the managers number to resolve this issue they called us a "crazy bitch." I found a customer service number on their corporate website and called but was redirected to a manager of the wrong kiosk. Nothing was resolved and we're left stuck with this terrible product. Every part of this situation was unprofessional.
 12th of Dec, 2012 by   austinsunrise +1 Votes
I went to Barton Creek Square mall in Austin, Texas and had the same experience...I haven't used the product yet but bought it because the salesman was very pushy, I got the straightener and curling iron for $220. The salesman also gave me his number and asked me to "hit him up, " the whole situation seems very unprofessional. I think a lot of the kiosks hire immigrants who are new to the country and take advantage of both the salespeople and, more so, the customers.
I definitely wasn't intending to buy this product. I'm not entirely dissatisfied but I'm angry at the outrageous prices and unprofessional workers.
 15th of Dec, 2012 by   riley86 +1 Votes
The other day I went to Barton creek mall the other day & bought too of the best Christmas gifts for my sisters ever! They''ve been using the chi & some cheap wand from target. I''ve been a customer for years & they are the best. I always have a great time with the employees they always do my hair wIth my membership. I highly reccomend this product.
 16th of Dec, 2012 by   Tutu77 0 Votes
OK I really don't know from who and where you purchase this AMAZING flat iron but I have it for 2 years already and I LOVE it! so sometimes there is one defect in one series in every company cause nothing is perfect but I went to the kiosk that I purchase mine when mine cracked and yes they charged me 20$ for shipping and handling and I got a new one on the spot! with my chi after only one month of purchase it brake and they said I haft to buy a new one. I LOVE KOR COMPANY and they are the BEST!!!
 1st of Feb, 2013 by   Shamerika 0 Votes
I posted this more than a year ago and I cannot believe people are STILL being ripped off! I truly think this company needs to stop selling these flat irons and we should definitely get people's attention to make them suffer! I still have this flat iron, brand new, in the box it came with along with the small gadgets they "put in there for free". I can't believe I paid $189 for that crap!

Pay As You Drive Auto Insurance