logo

LK Jewelry Designs http://www.promolk.com
Horrible Quality Ring, Worse Customer Service, RIPPED OFF
2. (1 hr 46 mins ago)
Jenna, the Astrologer
Don't fall for her emails
3. (2 hrs 11 mins ago)

Posted:    don't mess with Texas

shoplifting charges

Kohls
Brownsville, Texas
So my friend and I, for the first time ever, decided to shoplift from Kohls. What did we take?? Two shirts, full price value, hers were $36 and mine were $42. Both under $50. They ran after us from the store, we walked out of the store with the things we had taken, and a man ran up to us and stopped us before we reached my car. He said, show me what's in your bag, we didn't know who the eff he was, so were were like "umm...why?" he said we know you took something so show us what you took. We were confused because we didn't know who he was so we said no, go away. He said "look, we can do this the hard way or we can do this the easy way, I don't have to call the cops yet." so we followed him and the girl with him into a back room. They said, "ok, take out everything that wasn't paid for today", so we took out of our purses the two things each of us had taken. This was the first time for us to do this, so we were extremely nervous. We laid our things on the table and he lectured us about how shoplifting was bad and stuff like that. We asked what we could do, as in paying for the items or being banned from the store, he said we will talk about that later, no mention of calling the cops yet. My friend and I just said there scared out of our minds (we were 18). What they did was take a picture of what we took, totalled the prices and took a picture of us and filled in the blanks on a shoplifting document, still no mention of calling the police. He made us sign some papers saying we wouldn't come back, and fill out our personal information. Then he told us about Kohl's zero tolerance policy and how no matter how much the amount was we were going to go to jail. I tried to reason with him about how this was under $50, and how he never said anything before about calling the cops. We complied with what he said and what did he do, the exact opposite of what was expected. He and his female partner pretty much talked about how stupid we were for shoplifting and the male told my friend that she had probably shoplifted before, simply because she had like nothing in her purse. She's broke, she was coming with me so I could shop on that day, she left her wallet at home because she couldn't afford to buy anything. They were rude and didn't handle the situation well. During the whole process, the female was on her phone, made a phone call, and texted through out the whole thing. Any how, we went to jail and spent about three hours in a jail cell. Luckily, our friends came and bailed us out, $350. I will never shoplift again, but now I will never EVER shop from Kohls. Their management is classless and doesn't care about people, but simply meeting a goal of catching 4 shoplifters and sending them to jail. The police who arrested us didn't even want to take us in because the offense was so small. One female officer thought the case was so minuscule that she wanted us to be charged together so that we would move from a class "c" misdemeanor to a class "b". Bitches, all i have to say.
Comments United States Clothing, Shoes & Acc
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

21st of Nov, 2010 by   Fiona - A +4 Votes
Shoplifting is shoplifting, you stole something and it doesn't matter how much it costs, it was wrong and you got punished. If you shoplifted at any-way, Wal-mart also gives no one a break and why should they. Think about it, if you owned a store and everyone that came in shoplifted one thing, will you allow them to get away with it?
 21st of Nov, 2010 by   emmiesmommie +4 Votes
You are a moron and need to be removed from society and placed in jail. Please lend me comfort in knowing that you have no offspring?
 21st of Nov, 2010 by   Heatingbrush  Best Advice +4 Votes
OMG your letter has to be the dumbest thing I have ever read and wasted my time too!!! Thank goodness you are not allowed to shop in Kolhs, that makes me feel better. You talk about classless...you two are the classless ones. You should have spent a few days in jail, maybe then you would have seen how classless, rude, and ignorant waste of flesh you are.
I think you made this story us, as nobody can be this stupid. You just want attention because your life is worthless!!
 22nd of Nov, 2010 by   CAYMANIAN -4 Votes
Recently purchased Oro Gold for fine lines around eyes/mouth. Did not like the dry feel at bedtime and saw absolutly no difference after a few weeks, so returned product to mall kiosk. I'd been told I had 30 days to return for full refund if I did not like product. I then saw NO REFUND stamped on the bottom of my receipt! I asked salesperson to once again tell me about the guaranatee as I had friends interested in the product. He then repeated the 30 day policy. Then I asked why my receipt had No Refund on it and he said that was for customers who take it home and return it the following day without trying it. Bullshit!! Got my money back cuase I tricked his ass!!!
 22nd of Nov, 2010 by   CAYMANIAN -4 Votes
Meant to say "cause"...good speller...terrible typist...;-/
"guarantee"...jeez
have no idea re: I' WHAT the hell????
 22nd of Nov, 2010 by   pobarjenkins +3 Votes
This HAS to be a joke. No one could be so stupid as to think that when you are caught stealing, the cops won't be called and the store that catches you will be nice to you about it. Shoplifting is one of the dumbest things anyone can do.
 13th of Dec, 2010 by   Aidan 0 Votes
Um...what?

What gives you the nerve to steal something, and then complain about the fact that you got in trouble? That's so stupid. So you didn't steal anything that was over fifty dollars. So what? If I stole a pack of gum for 92 cents, it would still be stealing! I would hope they would treat that the same way! What you did was illegal! Why shouldn't they call the cops on you? It did the job, it taught you a lesson. Unfortunate that your parents didn't teach it to you, but not everyone is that lucky.

Also, you signed documents that said you'd never go back to Kohl's. They don't want you back there. They don't want your business. They don't even want you to stand outside their store. You stole something. Who's to say you wouldn't try that again?

And you know what? It sounds to me like they were very generous. You didn't mention any yelling, they didn't touch you, and sure, they embarrassed you, but they didn't touch your belongings or yell at you in front of a store of customers. Hell, they didn't even call the cops until they needed to. You could have had more people in the office watching you be berated. You should be happy about the AP officers that dealt with your 'case'.

Do me a favor. Grow up.
 30th of Dec, 2010 by   lPguy +2 Votes
Kohls has policies in place, He would have had to of introduced himself as Kohls Loss Prevention and asked you to step back inside to talk about some Kohls property. The fact the Police were called it is Kohls Policy that anything over 19.99 Kohls will prosecute. Loss Prevention is no joke in any retail, and Police Agencies are very stern about this. If you mess with LP you mess with PD. So lesson learned, but you are never allowed to shop at Kohls again since you were Trespassed.
 20th of Jan, 2011 by   drmoses +1 Votes
This might be the worst complaint on the site. You are a criminal, you stole from them and you are mad because they weren't nice enough to you. Grow up.
 28th of Oct, 2011 by   lambchowder2 -1 Votes
who cares if they were shoplifting these two managers were retarded corporate drones. and yes in theft amount does matter. stores steal too, they just do it in a less suspicious way (30% clearance on a marked up item for instance.) To the idiot who thinks these girls deserved a month in jail for petty theft - i hope you have seizures for life.
 3rd of Jul, 2013 by   Jnash1989 0 Votes
I got caught by loss prevention at kohls shoplifting, after I actually purchased $520.00 worth of merchandise. I had about $130 worth of stuff in the bottom of my cart. He approached me walking towards my car. I went back inside to the security room, and they let me go. No police called, no trespass warning, nothing but don't do it again. Thank God.
 19th of Jun, 2014 by   Incasethemayanwasright -1 Votes
Hey all of you that are saying that these two are waist less pieces of flesh can fuck the fuck off! Considering that all these clothes were made for under 1 dollars and being sold for $36-$42 dollars non the less sewed by chinese/pakistanian/tawian children, Not to mention they have NO WORKERS COMPENSATION over in those countries. AND most of the children fucking die everyday in those factories because of harsh dyes and the shitty fucking condition they're working in & YOU HAVE THE NERVE TO are saying it is 'classless and they are ignorant'? You should be ashamed of yourself and quite frankly I hope non of you fucks don't have offsprings. Girls don't be ashamed of what you did, The government deserves this. The industries that are doing this are evil. and so are these brainwashed people. I hope you have a wonderful and do some research on where your 'classy' shitty clothes actually come from.

How to Sell on Craigslist and Not Get Scammed: 4 Great Tips You Need to Know