logo

Posted: 2012-04-23 by    L.E.O

Interview process

kmart
Fort Pierce, Florida
I applied for their loss prevention position. Mind you I'm a prior experienced law enforcement officer and armed security. I explained I have an arrest on my record but it was dropped and did not interfere with me being an officer. immediately their demeanor changed and I was denied employment.just in case your asking, I did not want to go back to law enforcement full time because I'm tired of the politics and favoritism. Apparently kmart is worse. where they went wrong was having an HR person that knows nothing about the job or basic law for that matter, do my second interview. the Glpm was very professional and stated several times he would like to work with me. This is a joke ..after doing my research i found they replace lp people faster than any other employee. I also found in several instances they denied employment to prior officers because it was later found that the people that denied employment were arrest for theft from their stores or fired for stealing. I think they don't want qualified people working there because of the theft by upper management.
Comments United States Employment, Staffing, Recruiting Agencies
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

23rd of Apr, 2012 by   L.E.O -3 Votes
 24th of Apr, 2012 by   Thud 0 Votes
If it's as bad as you're describing it, why did you want to work there in the first place? Or did it only become a horribly ran place after you were denied a job?
 19th of Jun, 2012 by   lorena cooper -3 Votes
you know it sad when Kmart cut hours for people that come in when need them have family to raise and still hire new people that last 2 weeks and quit i think all employee's should get the hours not 4 hours a weeks to pay bills i would love for some one from corp to live on 14 16 hours a week to pay there bills and raise a child singles parents to support there kids when you work so hard for company that could care less about them but they have assoc that care so much about the customers Kmart corp need to wake up and see what there doing to people any body can work at Kmart but assoc that have the heart to go that extra mile and do for Kmart take a look at corp realize what is going on with hours !!!
 17th of May, 2013 by   lp3381 0 Votes
I am the previous lpa for the store.. trust me bro you do not want to work there. K marts policy has changed they are not allowed to chace nor are u even allowed to use reasonable force to detain a shoplifter anymore it is agenst there policy. So with that in mind working in the hood in ft pierce it out right dangerous. They won't even let u pat down a shoplifter for your safety. One day a loss prevention officer will lose his life because of these ridiculous policies has. And the dlpm is a JOKE, Ray, the guy micromanages way to much. He demands stats but watches to make sure u are following policy to a t. Also he loves to b little his loss prevention managers in front of each other on weekly conference calls. Ray DLPM for kmart has no business being in charge of a disrtict and is runninh the loss prevention team to the ground.

Beware When Shopping Online