logo

Kirby Vacuums
Kirby sales tactics solution
2. (6 mins ago)
DVDpearl
They tell fake promises and excuses
3. (28 mins ago)

Savannah Distributing Inc
8833 South Redwood Road #B
West Jordan, Utah
Phone: 801-225-5270
I was told by the salesmen that they (Kirby Vacuums) belonged to Th American Heart and Lung Asso. and that if you have Problems with things such as Asthma that it would be a taxe rite off and that the Goverment would rememburst you the cost of the vacuum, so because I struggle with asthma and they told me that I bought the Vacuum ( which I could not afford but because of this program I would be able to get rememburst I did) when it came down to collecting on this I found out that there is NO such thing. I tried to call corperate on this matter only to find out that there is NO corperate all of the businesses are all independent and don't have to answer to anyone and can hire anyone and say anything that they want to and get away with it. I would not recommend Buying one because of the company behind the product or I should say the lack of one, that they can say anything and get away with it because they aren't responsibile for what their salesmen say.
Comments United States Vacuum Cleaners
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

9th of Mar, 2010 by   saynotokirby 0 Votes
In early 2005, I had the unfortunate experience of being recruited to sell for an independent Kirby distributor doing business in the Salt Lake City area as "Pacific Frontier Inc.". (This may not be or have been their only d/b/a name, as some independent Kirby distributors are known to operate under multiple names.)

This company placed a steady stream of advertisements in local newspapers with promises of high wages ("base pay"). They neglected to tell us that we would be expected to work 10-12 hours per day/6-7 days a week, stuffed into a vehicle to be taken anywhere from 25-40 miles away from the office, and that we were essentially trying to con our way into peoples' homes with the promise of a "free carpet cleaning" and attempt to sell them a vacuum that doesn't perform any better than a high-end retail model for many hundreds of dollars more than it would be worth on the retail market. (The secret to their profit success is that Kirby sells units to their distributors for well under $1000, and the independent distributor often places their initial offer to a potential buyer at well over $2000.)

Most importantly, they never disclosed to anyone that we were not employees. The foul-mouthed "owner" of Pacific Frontier even had a special speech prepared explaining why the sales associates were only paid in cash. The poor people who found a "Kirby salesman" in their home had no idea that Pacific Frontier did nothing even resembling a background check on their recruits, either.

More than one sales associate who stuck it out and managed to sell a unit would find no payout waiting for them, as the excuse used was "the financing didn't get approved". Of course, there was nothing wrong with the financing, just a "manager" who wanted to pocket all of the profit for themselves.

On a side note, as of a few years ago, the Pacific Frontier office at 3521 S 1950 W in West Valley City, UT has been closed and demolished. This company may still be operating in the northern Utah area.
 30th of Mar, 2010 by   Victom X 0 Votes
I allowed a gentleman into our house under the pretense of cleaning our couch, thinking it was another cleaning company doing a demo, wrong! It was a Kirby Salesman! After letting this man know we are not interested in such an elaborate system, at least four times, he persisted to continue the demo, Finally after an hour and a half, I helped this guy pack up his stuff which involved rinsing and cleaning his equipment and throwing out all the debris. Then his partner came and they left! The salesman did spit on our ground prior to getting into his vehicle. I would of liked a straight sales pitch and an honest price. They offered us a Kirby system for around 1, 900.00! (Marino Associates Martinsburg, WV) We goggled Kirby and found the whole system complete for 1, 200.00 on the internet.That is not a good thing and we are no longer sad for the would be salesman.
 22nd of Mar, 2011 by   coolranch 0 Votes
well i have alote to say about Kerby but i will keep it to a Minnaminnie i have put up with i think is too much, now my Husben has up and left his family for this company and i more or less am going to say that this Kerby company isn't just a company its a colt!!! and if some one would look into it more they would see that Kerby needs to be shut down and to all those people whom don't know Kerby only sale for 400 to all Kerby men that come to your door i at some point will post prof about it in black and while for the world to see
 3rd of Apr, 2011 by   wahm 0 Votes
Kirby came by today they offered to move and put back the furniture and shampoo the living room. They guy came in vacuumed and shampooed the carpet. My dad mentioned he was interested but would have to wait 2 weeks for a check and would pay in full and in cash. The Kirby guy packed up didn't vacuum the floor after shampooing and didn't put anything back. My dad asked "Can you please help me I have had two heart surgeries?" and they guy walked out!! It says a lot about the company poor customer service!!!
 12th of Jan, 2012 by   woahnow 0 Votes
coolranch maybe you should learn to spell the companys name befor you start bashing them.

Food Prices on the Rise