logo

Job scam / fraud

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

kingsisle wizard 101, Ohio Complaints & Reviews - child made charges and they refuse to put money back in parents account

kingsisle wizard 101 Contacts & Informations

kingsisle wizard 101

Posted:    angela40

child made charges and they refuse to put money back in parents account

kingsisle wizard 101--complaint against these people
Ohio
daughter took bank card and used it. she is 10. wizard 101 is refusing to put money back in my account saying no refund they said information from card is supposed to be verification of age. My lawyer (my friend) has said that they cannot legally do this. That the agreement was made with a 10 year old who cannot be held responsible legally and that they had no contract with the adult. The adult did not give the child permission to be on the site or permission to use card. The 10 year old lied this is true but you cannot hold them accountable because of age and as soon as I notified them that the child was underaged that they should have closed the account as requested and given the money back that was not authorized. I really thought about letting this go but since they are forcing me to go through my bank which means I will have to get another bank card and report this one as having unauthorized uses and that it will take about 3 weeks for me to get another bank card I am thinking about starting a class action suite and will be searching the complaint sites for people who would like to be a part of the case. I am actually just interested in parents whose young children took their card without permission. Wizard 101 likes to say that it is the parent's fault but obviously they aren't a parent who is working, keeping a house clean, in addition to bringing home work and working most of the night at their job to make ends meet. It is impossible to watch your children 24 hours a day. I thought I had all the sites like theirs blocked obviously i didnt. I am going to give them one more chance to remedy this if they do not I will be searching all the complaint sites and leaving my email address so that parents in the same circumstance can go in with me on a class action. They cannot hold a child to any contract whether the child lied or not. once notified that the charge was not authorized by an adult and that the child is way below the legal liability age of 18. They cannot hold an adult to a contract that they had no knowledge of and have brought to their attention. They can keep going back to the terms of their contracts all they want...if the contract was not entered to by a knowing adult it cannot be enforced.
Comments United States Unauthorized Charges
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

29th of Oct, 2010 by   Macadotious 0 Votes
Hi Angela,

We had the same thing happen. What a disappointment. Please let me know if you get anywhere with this. We are out over a thousand dollars.

Thanks,

M
 9th of Nov, 2010 by   Jeff Pe 0 Votes
I had a similar problem with wizards101. Child used for 1 charge which I agreed to but somehow wizards stored the CC and apparently it was used to make about 10 more charges. I asked them for an explanation of the charges which they never provided. They did send me a transaction log of in game activity and claimed everything came from a single IP address. However I know some of the in game activity could not have occurred from my house as my child was at school and couldn't have gotten home to play the game on the days/times in question. They have refused to reverse the transactions.

Wizards101 is very shady
 23rd of Feb, 2011 by   GameHippie 0 Votes
There is ALL the information you need to protect your child's account and your pocket, available on the Wizard101 site... They now have a feature to SAVE the credit card when input- if this box is checked, all they need is a password to override. Wizard recommends creating a parent account and LINKING them, so only YOU are able to make these purchases, and verify password information. You can then have MUCH more control over their online time, as well as purchases and chat restrictions. Wizard gives you all the tools; if you don't use them, it's not THEIR responsibility to refund your account. Below are some reference sites Wizard provides to help keep these things from happening to begin with:

and via a seperate site:

Please take responsibilty for teaching your children- don't hold Wizard responsible for online purchases made by your children. Most ten year olds are smart enough to figure out how to do these things behind your back, and with access and temptation, don't think they won't! I would have been tempted, if this had been available to me as a child and I was fairly honest, as kids go!
 23rd of Feb, 2011 by   GameHippie 0 Votes
...Also, a charge on your card issues in-game currency that can be spent immediately; if the purchase was made in your home by a family member, there was NO fraud, and Wizard is NOT responsible and currency in-game can be spent immediately, therefore is NOT refundable.
 8th of Mar, 2011 by   Angeljedi 0 Votes
Yes, I have had a problem with there services to, I am not trying to be rude but their customer support SUCKS! They have been so mean to people that i know. Even me, I have spent over 800$ on their site and they can't pay me the least bit of respect. They were so mean with me i found a flaw in there in-game trasactions and it interfeared with my game play and they would not replace the 25$ that i spent. They are very annoying to deal with i am thinking about reporting leagal matters about them. Because, my friend got banned for having "Too Strong" Characters which i think is HORRIBLE to do to someone. She worked very hard on this. Something needs to be done about their cyber bullying of gamers.
 1st of Apr, 2011 by   VERY VERY ANNOYED 0 Votes
Wizards is always messing with people, they need to stop
It used to be a good game now they have just become money hungry.
I paid last year with a card and this year instead of just returning the membership account to a non-membership account the billed the card again without permission and I told the bank this was unauthorized and they took the money back Kingsisle banned the account which I have had for 2 years. They would not give it back as a non membership account they would only give it back if I paid them for a membership, this is so wrong. They act like they are gods or something. DO NOT DEAL WITH WIZARDS find a different game to play It isn't as good as it was anyway. There are lots of flaws and mess ups in the game and everything good now they just want more money for, one big rip off. Don't waste your time and money dealing with these people.
 3rd of May, 2011 by   TeachYourChildRightFromWrong +1 Votes
When are people going to take responsibility for their children's actions! I understand you cannot watch a child 24 hours a day but you can raise them in such a way as they do not think it is ok to steal your credit card. Being 10 is not really a valid excuse in this situation either. Most 10 year olds know right from wrong. I certainly would not have stolen my mother's credit card at 10.

I really don't understand how Wizard101 can be held responsible for this. Take better care of your credit card. Better yet teach your child right from wrong and then there will be no need
 17th of May, 2011 by   gaffer511 0 Votes
Wizard101 is a big rip off! They just care about money. Kings Isle is a big greedy company! They make their money by taking advantage of children. They hope kids will get addicted to wanting to be a high level wizard in this game. Kings Isle's goal is to get parents and kids to buy crowns to get items that KI makes " The things you got to have " to be cool on W101. Parents do not let your kids get all addicted to this game! Try to motivate your kids to get into other things like reading, and sports! Wasting all your time playing W101 so you can " Level Up " is a total waste of time and money. Stay away from this game!
 18th of Jun, 2011 by   DontLetThemFoolYou +1 Votes
I am so tired of this game Wizard101. I am a 13 year old whose played this game for 3 years, (2 months afteer it started) And it turned out to be not so money hungry and not so much of a scam. Then later on about a year later, I started buying game cards and all the play, with my own money. Then one time all of my birthday money went to those game cards, then my christmas money, And after I started getting outta the game. I realized I have been truly scammed and ripped off, Just for a little entertainment. I think it should be Illegal too have a subscription to a game truthfully. Because its scamming yooung children who just looks for a little something to do. Then about 2 years later, I've noticed that more and more they started adding into this game, the more you had to pay! Can't a children's game just be free for once? And not having to use any real money to have fun? And especially reoccuring every month or so in fact! I'm so tired of this game, and its creators going after young children, for their money! It's sick!
Also, They started posting sales on the announcement boards all of a sudden?! Like how about let children buy the game once like normal video and computer games, and not keep having to pay!
Lastly, They do way to much with the chatting system which gets on my last nerves. They started out with filter chat, that you could only turn on if your under the age of 13 with a subscription, then turn off if your under the age of 13 with a subscription, and this is what they do to the Filter chat:
1.) Eliminated all sex terms, and swear words which is highly agreeable.
2.) Eliminated all words that was spelt incorectly, and/or words that children likes using and isn't inapropriate, but isn't added. ( No reason to!)
3.) Eliminates places (such as were you live, where your from, what country your in, ect.)
which is Highly agreeable.
4.) Eliminates all numbers, or words that could be used for numbers in a row (understandable)
5.) Eliminates all Capital letters, because the children found a way to talk around filter chat using capital letters. (NOT CONSIDERABLE!)

And then you have to pay with a credit card, If you wanna get rid of these factors of chat, and you gotta be 18+ for them. Don't you think parent's could just tell them if they want their children to have Open chat or Filter chat and not having to pay?! I certaintly Agree.

So what It comes down to. Is this so called "family game" Everyone enjoys. Is a COMPLETE SCAM! One day all of the players of Wizard101 needs to show these people We can't keep getting Scammed, Scammed, and more SCAMMED, There are starving people out there! There are people's family who can't afford this little entertainment, Because I don't know? Maybe there are Medical Costs to cover for a sick loved one in the house hold? There's a family whose parent/gaurdian lost a job and worries how they might make it through for a week?
I truly think one day all of the players of Wizard101 needs to Boycott this game! To show we can't afford just a little entertainment, So they can go spend it all! Subscriptions to games online should be illegal! And products they try selling for real money through a game should be illegal as well!
 26th of Jun, 2011 by   Copyright finder -1 Votes
yes they mostly are scammers and hackers and they have stolen Sound files from games i think wizard101 is a horrible exepensive not worth it game
 26th of Jun, 2011 by   Copyright finder 0 Votes
well i found something that Bethesda Softworks can SUE Kingsisle for Stealing Sound files from their games aka some of the spell sounds are those from ElderScrolls 3 Morrowind and Kingsisle has stolen sound files which is illegal so yeah and kingsisle is evil and stuff they should make wizard101 free and the game is a scam everyone is struggling to afford basic needs and kingsisle charges 15 dollars a month and there is crowns so kids buy crowns and it can end up to cost around 100$ to play and i they are just horrible and i really hate how restricted the chat is and i hate how they target a younger audience so parents have to end up paying lots of money because little kids and i really do hope Bethesda Softworks Sues kingsisle for everything they have and closing down wizard101 forever and/or making it COMPLETELY free so excuse my laungauge F*** you kingsisle you make me sick
 26th of Jun, 2011 by   Copyright finder 0 Votes
i have a way to boycott wizard101 aka create a new account and spam on important message boards WIZARD101 IS A SCAM and when your account gets banned create a new one and keep doing it
 7th of Jul, 2011 by   Ravendreamer77 0 Votes
I bought crowns for my grandson $20 and the next day there were 2 more charges $50 & $60! The weird thing is, my grandson was not around the PC at the time of the purchases, and he never saw any more crowns after the $20 purchase. Furthermore, he would never misuse a credit card. He was so shy when he asked if he could give me cash for the $20 purchase and was very appreciative that I would do that for him. I complained to KI about the bogus charges but they also made it sound like we were the ones making the bogus purchases or that a child had done it. But, while looking at the game from 2 different computers, I could see the big purchases and his father verified that they were not seeing anything other than my $20 purchase. So KI agrees to refund all my money but they are banning my grandson's level 60 account. So an 8 yr. old has to pay the consequences for something he, nor any of us had anything to do with.
 3rd of Oct, 2011 by   T M A 0 Votes
DO NOT USE WIZARD 101!!! This site has fraudulently charged me and will not respond to my emails. I purchased coins for my son on this site and they never appeared. The site told me how to resolve this issue, but it didn't work, now they are charging me a monthly purchase and I specifically told them to stop this account. WIZARD101 IS A SCAM!!! PARENTS BEWARE!!
 21st of Oct, 2011 by   PAUL B... 0 Votes
I AGREE ONE HUNDRED PERCENT KINGS ISLE SHOULD BE SUED AND BANNED... THEY ARE A RIGGED GAME .. I HAVE BEEN IN SAFETY ZONES AND ATTACKED... THE QUEST ARE GETTING LONGER AND LONGER TO COMPLETE... I HAVE BEEN ON ONE FOR OVER 2 WEEKS AND ITS JUST A SMALL PART OF A LARGE QUEST... WHO DO THE F--- THINK THEY ARE .. I AM RETIRED AND CAN PLAY UP TO HOURS.. I HAVE BEEN PLAYING 2 HOURS AND MORE A DAY AND CAN NOT GET PAST THIS ONE QUEST... I HAVE KINDLY WRITTEN THEM THAT PERHAPS THEY SHOULD GO A BIT EASY...AFTER ALL THIS IS A CHILD'S GAME// I GOT SOME ONLINE HELP FROM THERE MEMBERS WHO WILL HELP IN BATTLES BUT STILL DID NOT WIN... I IMAGINE IF I WAS YOUNGER I WOULD BE VERY UPSET TO POINT OF CRYING TO TRY AND TRY AND JUST BE DEFEATED... THEY ARE USING YOUR KIDS AND MAYBE THERE IS MORE BEHIND THE SEEN THAN WE NO WITH ALL THE FLASHING AND SOUNDS... YEAH IT USED TO BE FUN BUT WHEN A GAME BECOMES A CHORE IT SUCKS... I WOULD NEVER LET MY KIDS PLAY WIZARDS 101 BAN THEM FOR GOOD .. LOOK ON OTHER BLOGS GOOGLE HAS A SIGHT IS WIZARDS A RIGGED GAME .. WAKE UP KIDS AND PARENTS THEY ARE TAKING YOUR KIDS SOULS...
 2nd of Jun, 2012 by   Justsayingiagree 0 Votes
I under stand you are all upset. But really do you think you can get rid of a web site as big as this one just by spamming, sueing, or boycotting. I enjoy playing and once had trouble much like you all had. I was hiven a full refund and the whole thing was forgoten. If you do not want a bogus charge, just dont let your kid play the game any more or maybe change your master password. I enjoy playing and i am upset people want to ruin a game that so many people enjoy.

P.S if the game were band, everything you bought on your accont would be gone so think before you act.
 20th of Sep, 2012 by   silentangels32 0 Votes
I had started playing wizard 101 because of my now ex boyfriend got me into it. I was playing on one of his accounts to see if I would really like the game before spending any money on it. Wizard 101 is does nothing but scam people out of money. I had played on my ex's account for a couple weeks and finally created my own account, I made 2 purchases on my own account and had only logged in a couple times. When I went to go back to log into my account 2 days later it wouldn't allow me to log in. I had changed my password and still nothing. I emailed the company and they asked for my screen name and last 4 digest of the credit card I was using. Wizard 101 emailed me back stating my computer was banned due to Violation of their terms and rules.. I had asked what violation was this and they wouldn't respond back,
They even had banned my ex's account and wouldn't give him a reason why.. I had read their rules before starting his game and haven't violated any of them. Which game to question on one their rules it states "Do not give out personal information" OK so what IF my 2 children lived in another state ( thus they do) and wanted to play this game and I pay for it. My kids can not log into my own account because it would knock each of us off, so I had created another account and linked it to mine. Since I'm the one paying for the accounts ( mine and theirs) when either of us log in to our games it would come up 2 separate IP ADDRESSES.. Even if they was in my own home and on their own computers it still would come up 2 separate IP addresses.
I had asked for a refund back since they couldn't tell me WHY or what rule I had broken to banned and they replied back telling me that they was not going to refund my money because the ban was my fault. I will be filing a report with the BBB.

I have talked to my ex about this and do know that they allow sex offenders to play on their website as well..
 20th of Sep, 2012 by   silentangels32 0 Votes

Website:http://www.kingsisle.com/
Phone:512-623-5900
Email:support@wizard101.com
 29th of Sep, 2012 by   kingsisle fan 0 Votes
silentangels you were banned for sharing an account. That is against the rules and should be because it is cheating the company. You deserved the ban and I hope your ex was too because you both broke the rules. They have a very generous free to play area with no time limit if you want to try out the game to see if you like it so that's a crock. As for the rest of you, wow, try teaching your kids some basic morals. No way would my offspring even dream of stealing my credit card for anything, even an utter emergency, let alone this. The fault lies with you, not Kings Isle. Good luck with that law suit since anyone could make such a claim and get their money back before desiring to quit the game anyway.
 1st of Oct, 2012 by   silentangels32 0 Votes
Kingsisle Fan

You need to get your information straight before making comments about others comments being a load of crock. I didn't know about Wizard 101 until my ex had allowed me to play on one his accounts. I have already emailed Wizard 101 and got my situation cleared. We didn't share accounts because you can not play on the same account without logging the other person off the computer. We've tried it.. When I had gotten use to playing the game on one of his accounts he had created, ( IE HE HAD MORE THAN ONE ACCOUNT THEY WAS JUST JOINED TOGETHER) I had created my own. His account was banned because I had reported him on other reasons and he had managed to gain access to my account and thus it was read off of his IP address and thus they banned my account too. Future more I have read other complaints against this company for miss use of credit cards without given permission on other websites and complaint boards.

I did also point out something to the company that if My own 2 kids wish to play the game and I had their accounts linked to mine it would still cause a problem due to the fact the IP address is different on each computer and on the router they use. You also need to take into consideration about your so called loved Kings Isle they DO NOT screen their players since there has been more then one registered sex offender playing on their website. Reasons I know this is because I had reported one. During my time I was on this site I would not allow my own to 2 kids to play on this game, their MODs is very poor and I've seen more than my fair share of bulling others and people posting to sell their accounts( As in paying with real money) which is against the Rules.

Cheapest Overnight Shipping