logo

Hyundai Motor Finance Company
Unsolicited phone calls
3. (12 mins ago)
Upworkptr.com
Stay away from these crooks
4. (19 mins ago)
UNABLE TO REDEEM TOKENS

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

King Koil/Sleep Design 1000 Firm, New Hampshire Complaints & Reviews - Crippling Back Pain

King Koil/Sleep Design 1000 Firm Contacts & Informations

King Koil/Sleep Design 1000 Firm

Posted:    bella

Crippling Back Pain

Blue Bell Mfg.
New Hampshire
I purchased a King Koil Sleep Design 1000 Firm mattress that was manufactured by Blue Bell Mfg. in Connecticut. I've had crippling back and shoulder pain and have gone back to the store where I purchased it who said that it was just "my body adjusting to the new mattress and to give it time." I'm not 10 years old, so I've had a few mattresses in my lifetime and have NEVER had this happen before. It's so bad that I dread going to bed at night knowing how much pain I'll feel in the morning. Before I go back to the store again, anyone out there have this type of problem with this? It's a urethane foam material - one of those "non-flip" mattresses. BTW, also found out that King Koil discontinued this model...hmmm. wonder why? Anyone? Thanks!
Comments United States Mattresses
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

3rd of Mar, 2009 by   Bedding Sales 0 Votes
Have you tried the Tempur-Pedic mattresses? I find the help with a great deal of back problems and degenerative bone desease.
 26th of Apr, 2009 by   Valerie 0 Votes
I purchase a firm Lexington King Koil mattress manufactured by Blue Bell also - and had the same problem. After using it for a few night it sagged in the middle. I can no longer sleep on it! Unfortunately I was naive when I purchase it at a store that stated to warranty! Live and learn - I'm guess the "no warranty" was there way of telling me that the mattress was defective. I don't know how some people sleep at night running a business like that, but I do believe that what goes around, comes around. It was a learning experience for me!
 6th of Feb, 2011 by   Mary Tom 0 Votes
We purchased a King Koil built in Detroit Michigan in 2003. The first few months it was good after that it began to break down. We have had no success in getting it replaced. 8 years later we still have it because we cannot get it replaced. It is lumpy saggy and you feel the koils in it. Which when we purchased it from Art Van Furniture Company, 8 years ago we were assured that would not happen. It is the worst most uncomfortable bed I have ever owned. I would not recommend this bed and I routinely let my friends and family know not to purchase that bed because of our experience.
 4th of Apr, 2011 by   Tracy in Michigan 0 Votes
We purchased a King Koil in April, 2009 and have regretted it ever since. We have made several complaints and had their "representative" out to the house where he "measured" the bed for depressions to see if it met with the factory requirements for replacement. I have never in my 44 years on this earth slept on such an uncomfortable matress. PLEASE PLEASE if you are looking to buy a new matress do NOT go with a King Koil. I have had severe back pain and hip pain since I purchased this mattress. It only took approximately 6 months for an impression to form where when you are sleeping you can't move out of the hole created unless you fully wake up and lift yourself out or you pull yourself out from the edge of the bed. I am at this time saving my pennies so I can ditch the King Koil and go with a more traditional matress. I am extremely disappointed with the customer service received from Art Van where I purchased the set on the recommendation of their salesperson as well as extremely disappointed with King Koil for their lack of customer support. I will never go back to Art Van to purchase a new mattress nor will I ever buy a King Koil product again. This was a costly lesson made and shame on King Koil for not backing their product 100%. You have to many customers writing complaints not to admit that there is something wrong with your product!!
 4th of Jun, 2011 by   Angele 0 Votes
We purchased a King Koil Comfort Sensation Memory Foam mattress for $1937 from the Dump in April 06. For the last year I have been trying to get King Koil to honor the warranty. However, I have been informed that the mattress is supposed to sink down because it is a memory foam. So, no matter how many pictures I send them it will not help. The mattress sinks down on the sides & there is a huge hump in the middle. Its like sleeping on a rock. I hurt all over when I wake up. I weigh 125 lbs & he weighs 185 lbs. We turn the mattress & there is a hypo allergenic cover on it. It looks like new but is truly the worst mattress we have ever owned. Buyer beware. If the mattress fails you are probably out the money. In our case their warranty is not worth anything. FYI I attempted to process the warranty through The Dump. When rejected, I contacted King Koil directly who then passed me right back to The Dump. What a tremendous waste of sleep, time, & money. I will never purchase another King Koil Mattress.

Samsung Mobile Unpacked - CTIA 2011 Conference Highlights