logo

Wig Salon
They Do Not Stand by their Word
3. (22 mins ago)
Aldi's/PurAqua Purified Water
bottles are thinner then they were
4. (32 mins ago)
monthlyyouth.com
They send only surveys, but not money
5. (41 mins ago)

poor/inconsistant customer service

International Hair Institute, LLC
October 12, 2011

Dear Hydroxatone/Keranique:

In the beginning of September I ordered the Keranique Product package after seeing the TV commercial. Upon dialing the number I was greeted by an automated recording that thanked me for contacting Hydroxatone. I mention that only because I am unsure of the company that I am actually dealing with.

A very friendly representative sold me your trial offer for Keranique for $7.95. He explained that I would automatically be signed up for an autoship program and that after the trial period $ 79.95 would be charged to the debit card I provided on a monthly basis for a monthly distribution of the product. He explained that if I was not satisfied with the product that I needed to contact the company before the trial period ended to cancel autoship. Conf. # 3323451152307. I am a reluctant consumer so I questioned the rep regarding the terms & conditions and asked him pointedly if I could trust that the company would charge no more than the $7.95 to my account within the trial period and that it would be cancelled as promised if I chose to do so. He not only reassured me that ALL I needed to do was call and cancel but he added that I could sue the company should they charge more than agreed upon. I felt reassured.

I received the product October 15th, 2011. By October 29th I called the 800# and spoke with a rep by the name of Crystal ext # 530 (@10:22 a.m. E.T.). I explained to Crystal that I had had a change in finances and knew that I would be unable to continue with the autoship program so I wanted to cancel. Crystal informed me that I would be charged $159.95 and that she would cancel the autoship. Of course I was immediately upset! She went on to say that “since I was upset that she would reduce the price to half the cost & only charge me $80.” I expressed that this was not the agreement, that I felt scammed and that I wanted to speak to a supervisor. Crystal went on to say that if I returned the unused portion of the product at my own cost for shipping that I could avoid any additional charges. I again explained that I was not made aware of these conditions upon ordering and that I would like to speak to a manager. Crystal informed me that I should have read the material received within the product box and refused to let me speak to a manager. I insisted on speaking with a manager. Crystal told me that I would not be permitted to speak to a manager and that if I insisted on being transferred that she would transfer me back into the que which would end in my being transferred right back to her but if that is what I wanted that is what she would do. Obviously I was very unhappy with the lack of professionalism, not to mention severe lack of rationale, but I felt at this point that I was at this persons mercy because I knew that this unprofessional, unethical company had my debit card information and I was fearful of how that information might be used. So in hopes that I had just gotten ahold of a horrific employee, I ended the call and called back. I reached Kyle, ext # 615 (@ 10:31a.m.) Kyle was as condescending and almost as rude as the previous rep but a bit more reasonable. After a brief explanation of my situation he informed me that Crystal had already placed a RMA# on my account. Let me say at this point that I had no idea that she had done this and if I understand your process correctly this began the return process and ultimately began a period of time in which I had to return the product before being “locked in.” THAT IS THE IPIDOMEY OF UNETHICAL. Kyle reiterated the terms regarding returning the items received. He provided me with the return address and advised me to write the RMA# on inside and outside of packing. He advised that I send the product with delivery conformation. (Which I believe will cost me extra.) He then went on to explain that my trial period was not up until October 19th. I began to understand that whether I returned the products immediately or waited until the end of my trial period I was still going to have to pay for shipping to return the products so I may as well keep them and get the use of them until the trial period was closer to over.

In case I have not been clear, it was my initial understanding when ordering that I would be able to keep the products and just cancel further autoship should I decide to do so. It was never mentioned to me that I would need to package and ship unused portion of products back at my expense or at all.

I then told Kyle that based on my understanding I may as well keep the products and get more use of them until trial period is over and then ship back after trial period. Kyle agreed, he then said that I would need to call back for a new RMA# on October 19th, he advised me to ask for his extension if I felt I needed a rep that would do as promised. He added that he noted the account accordingly and that I would have no further problems. Let me remind you that Kyle was just as condescending as he could be during our conversation.

I have had a knot in my stomach since dealing with your reps. This uneasy feeling coupled with my not being satisfied with the product anyway caused me to go ahead and call early to get an updated RMA# and just send the product back early before the trial period ended. So I called today, October 12, 2011 @ 10:40 a.m., I reached Tina, ext# 740. I asked Tina for an RMA# in order to return the product. Tina, who was as consistently rude and unprofessional as the previous reps, informed me that there was already a RMA# on my account. I briefed Tina on my interactions with your company and asked that I be transferred to Kyle @ ext # 615. Tina put me on hold. When she failed to return I disconnected and tried the call again. While I was calling in Tina called me back. She informed me that Kyle was busy & could not take my call. I asked to speak to a manager; she then told me that managers would not take calls. Again I felt at the mercy of this unprofessional company with ridiculous representatives. After further explanation Tina informed me that there were 2 RMA#’s already on my account, that I would have to use the last one, and that I would have to still return by October 19th. I asked why Kyle’s information differed from hers. I also pointed out that if she was correct and Kyle had given me misinformation that when I did call Kyle back on the 19th that I would be unable to return the product BY the 19th therefore I would have been deceived even further and ultimately charged the $80 or worse the $160. She explained that the only way Kyle could have given me a new RMA# if I called back on the 19th is if he “wiped out” my balance and that he would “get in trouble for doing that.”

At this point I simply asked her what I needed to do. She continued in her unprofessional, rude tone and explained that I needed to return the products using the RMA# 1565488, there are more rude details and inconsistencies but I am so done with this that I will ask you to just pull the calls and listen for yourself. Surely I have provided enough info that you can easily pull each of the calls.

So I am returning this product. I am putting a copy of this letter in the return box, I am also lodging a complaint via email with a copy of the same letter and I am going to personally make sure everyone I know on a personal level has a full explanation of my experiences with your company so that they themselves don’t fall prey to your unethical practices.

Thank you at least for reading the entire complaint. Although I hope this reaches someone within your company that cares about customer service and that person does something in an attempt to rectify the treatment I received I do not expect it. If your company charges anything more to my account I will spend every dime I have to ensure you are held accountable.

Most sincerely,

Rebecca Bledsoe
Comments United States Scam & Fake Checks
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

13th of Oct, 2011 by   CVL 0 Votes
Your dates don't make sense. You say you received the product on Oct 15, 2011 and called the 800 number on Oct 29, 2011 but today is only Oct 13, 2011. I'm really trying to find out what others think about this product before I try it. Comments like this make me wonder if competitors are having people post bad reviews!!! I'd really like to know the truth!
 28th of Oct, 2011 by   katjudah 0 Votes
I had a bad experience with Keranique customer service reps...they were rude, condescending and uninformed. I should have gotten a free fortifying mousse (as stated on the invoice) for taking up the trial offer but didnt receive it. The reps then tried to convince me that the mousse is actually in the hair regrowth treatment (hahahahaha)...then she apparently checked and said she will send it out to me next week...(day 1 and im waiting..lets see if i will every receive it)...im satisfied with their products but not happy with the overall service. It really sucks.
 9th of Nov, 2011 by   Tami Hope 0 Votes
I'm not a rep of the company for Keranique, however if I were you I would go back and look at the dates you have posted. You said you ordered the products in September and received them on October 15 and made your first call to the 800# on October 29 all in 2011; you later change your dates. That to me is VERY ODD. The only way to be sure they won't charge you any additional fees is to contact your bank and request to close that account or ask for a new card with a new number. If you take any further action with the company YOU NEED TO GET YOUR DATES FIGURED OUT so you don't look like more of an idiot.
 29th of Nov, 2011 by   ChasDnai 0 Votes
Obviously she meant September. It's a simple mistake others make. She had a horrible experience with the reps and I'm extremely glad I read this post before ordering. Sorry everyone else is so worried about your dates..
 14th of Dec, 2011 by   Terry C - NJ 0 Votes
Those "free trials" are never free. They're all scams.
 31st of Dec, 2011 by   LindaOH 0 Votes
Thank your Rebecca for sharing your entire history. I know the month was the mistake. I intended to order the product but I wanted to read the reviews first. I will not order the product.
 13th of Feb, 2012 by   Kruebbes 0 Votes
Thank you for the review. I was considering ordering it tonight but I won't now. Thanks.
 2nd of Mar, 2012 by   alr816 0 Votes
It's a bit naive to think that a company is going to just give you a full set of products for $7.95. You have to read the fine print which most people don't take the time to do and then bitch about it later.
 7th of Jul, 2013 by   Pearl 09 0 Votes
I thank all who provided a review about the Keranique Co. I am interested in how the product actually works. However, I do not want to my credit card to be automatically deducted, especially if the product does not work. From past experience, the Hydoxatone cream did not work for me.
 18th of Oct, 2013 by   feedupwithcrooks 0 Votes
Keranique's autoship policy is nothing more than a scam. I agree totally with Rebecca. DO NOT purchase this product. Buy Rogaine instead. It has the same active ingredient as Keranique - 2% monoxidol. You can purchase Rogaine from Walmart and most drug stores so that you can control when you are charged. No surprises.

Do It Yourself Car Diagnosis