logo

OREO COOKIES
NO FILLING N TASTED BAD
3. (26 mins ago)
Euro Pro Shark Steam Cleaner
Machine suddenly stopped working.
4. (27 mins ago)
Ridiculous Shipping Charges

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Keranique Complaints & Reviews - anyone had any dealings wiht them?

Keranique Contacts & Informations

Keranique

Posted:    SisterGenny

anyone had any dealings wiht them?

Atlantic Coast Media Group
Has anyone tried this product or had any dealings with their promotional offers. I find no reviews at all anywhere on Google or Yahoo.

Comments United States Health & Beauty
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

3rd of Apr, 2011 by   Bickie 0 Votes
I've dealt with this company and I don't know what the problem is. I'll admit when ordering the "free" trail I got bent. It went from Kerinique to this product, that product and the other. But I recieved a phone call a few days later from a rep confirming my order. When my product arrived, I called them, I got a human, WOOHOO! Anyway, we spoke for a while, he was very helpful in answering my questions and after a while I was able to change my order status from auto to whenever I called in to order. The first time I used the product I notice a change, my hair felt softer, not limp. Shinier too. They smell great too! And as for the FDA well that part is true, but only for the monoxidil... which is the ONLY product approved by the FDA for hair growth. I truely feel bad for all you ladies that had such problems, but thus far my experience with this company has been pretty much good. All in all, I'll agree with BettyalwaysReddy, a pre-paid Visa/Mastercard would be the safest and best way to go for all those who want to try but are afraid to.
 7th of Apr, 2011 by   BettyalwaysReddy 0 Votes
Okay, so I told u guys that I'd get back to you & what I've found is that I LOVE THIS PRODUCT!!! Although, if read propoerly instructions say you won't see results until 4 months of use (as I stated before each individual is different), I'm seeing growth ALREADY & I'VE ONLY BEEN USING FOR ABOUT 3 WEEKS!!! So, THANK YOU KERANIQUE!!! To all those struggling with embarrassing hair loss try this and try it until you've used it all up before you make a decission as to whether it works for you. I gaurantee it will. If it's working for me surely it can work for you!!! I'll upload befor & after pictures soon.
 7th of Apr, 2011 by   BettyalwaysReddy 0 Votes
TO ALL THOSE AFRAID TO USE MINOXILDIL (spellcheck), PLEASE SEND TO ME!!! INBOX ME @ BVETTYJOHNSON@YAHOO.COM FOR MY HOME ADDRESS. THANX!!!
 12th of Apr, 2011 by   Just A 0 Votes
Hi! I have been trying this product for about a month and my beautician and i saw a difference the first time we used the shampoo and conditioner. However, I did not want to be charged automatically 80-90 so I called the number that I received in my email and told him I wanted to send the products back and if I decided i wanted it I would order on my own. He gave to a return authorization and told me to send back by a certain date which I did and I was not billed. However, I canceled that card anyway and had another one reissued. Now the problem. I started using the hair regrowth treatment and also notice a difference in my hair, however about the 8th day of using it I starting having SEVERE Chest pain and thought I was having a heart attack. Well after 3 trips to my doctor, a cardiologist and another doctor we finally figured out what the problem was. The Minoxidil in the regrowth treatment. I immediately stopped using the product Saturday (today is Tuesday) and the pain has almost completely gone away and i no longer have the sharp pains shooting throughout my chest area that i was experiencing. I will continue to use the other products and may only use the regrowth treatment once a month. My doctor said that if used in smaller amounts it will not harm you. (I was using it twice a day as it stated). But he said if I use it once or twice a month I should be fine. I will wait at least a month and until the pain completely goes away and try it once a month. I do like the way my hair looks for the other products. Once caution though-in all my research (after the fact) it seems that once you start using it, you will have to use it for the rest of your life so that's something you may want to think about-for me I probably will because I have to shampoo my hair every week anyway so i may as well us the same product. Thanks for listening and sorry so long--Just A
 24th of Apr, 2011 by   Kenjer711 0 Votes
You all need to try Nioxin. It's expensive too but it really works! You have to use the shampoo, conditioner and scalp therapy and cant skip one of those steps, but it's much cheaper than this junk and you can get it at Ulta.
 5th of May, 2011 by   jacquis +1 Votes
I called to return the product BEFORE I opened any of the products because the shampoo, conditioner and another product contained ingredients I was allergic to. The lady was rude and said I should have looked into it more before I ordered. I have trouble reading due to nerve damage in my face which casued the hair loss in the first place, I explained this to them and told them that my spouse had to read the ingredients to me. I asked for a refund of the intial shipping charges and after a run around was told they would since the products had not been opened. I shipped the products back, after a few days no refund, I called customer service AGAIN, no note had been made regarding the refund, again I had to fight to get the refund of the initial shipping charges, I pointed out that it cost me nearly $12 to ship the products back. We will see if they follow through. I am very unhappy with their customer sevice representatives and their attitudes. They are snotty, hateful, disrespectful and very unhelpful. refunding the initial shipping is little to ask when returning UNUSED, UNOPENED product and treating customers with disrepect due to a disability is highly disrespectful! I don't recommend this company to ANYONE based on their customer service, they are out to get their money and do not give a flip about the customer.
 25th of May, 2011 by   blackrain 0 Votes
i also got ripped off, i order the free trial for 7.95 and at that time i told them that i didn't want to order any more and they said ok. less than 20 days later i saw where they had debited my account 79.95. i called my bank and they credited my account back. Now it has been close to 30 days since the bank credited my account. they said that i needed to provide them with the cancellation number. I have tried on several occasion to call customer service but has never got to speak to a live person. So now the bank is telling me that they were going to pay Keranique the 79.95 since i could not give them the inormation they needed to dispute the charge.T o make matter even worse I have not received the second shiment and it did nothing for my hair. I'm still fighting with my on charging my account back the 79.95> I will never go for the free trial scam again.
aeh...charlotte, nc
 25th of May, 2011 by   Sam1958 0 Votes
I received the product and both bottles appeared to be conditioner even though one was labeled shampoo and one conditioner. Has anyone else had this problem?
 4th of Jun, 2011 by   Texhns03 0 Votes
I suffer from hair loss as well and have not used this product but I was reading your reviews and wanted to shed some light on the minoxidil treatment. I have gone to a dermatologist because of my hair loss and he instructed me to use rogaine (which contains minoxidil) BUT only one application, 4 days a week. Minoxidil has many side effects for women when used in full dosage. I'm sure this product is great but they should really change their directions to keep from making women sick. 2 applications daily is just far too much
 8th of Jun, 2011 by   Happy Hair 0 Votes
I used Keranique and was very skeptical if it would work. I had two surgeries within one year, of which any anesthetic always causes me very severe hair loss, which is why I turned to Keranique. I only wash my hair once a week so within the 30 day time period I canceled (with no problems), not wanting extra product and also not knowing if it would help. I can honestly say that I fully endorse this product. I used the booster, shampoo and conditioner and highly recommend it. I plan to call and order product now that I know I like it. Nothing works complete miracles but there is a hugely noticeable difference in my hair.
 10th of Jun, 2011 by   pocketpam 0 Votes
Minoxidil isn't just for men. A good female friend of mine is using it after losing hair due to a medication, and it's a lot cheaper than Keranique! I think a trip to a good dermatologist for advice and a bottle of minoxidil (or whatever he/she prescribes) is a better use of our money than the Keranique is, plus most insurance pays for the doctor visit!
 27th of Jun, 2011 by   very very disappointed2 0 Votes
I ordered this product with a free trial period and was unable to use it. After returning the product unopened after receiving a RMA number from the company and sending it back via Priority mail. This company still charged my credit card for $85.54 10 days after receiving the product . I consider this theft and will be consulting my lawyer.
 19th of Jul, 2011 by   dlbrax56 0 Votes
My advice to ANYBODY!! BEFORE you go giving your money, credit card or bank account information to people you have not done business with and are not familiar with-PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE check with the BBB-(Better Business Bureau) and see if these companies are members and if they have any complaints-especially unresolved complaints. And of course check the reviews. We are not that desperate that we have money to just give away!! I'm NOT!!
 19th of Jul, 2011 by   dlbrax56 0 Votes
288 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 140 closed in last 12 monthsComplaint Type Total Closed Complaints
Advertising / Sales Issues 73
Problems with Product / Service 151
Total Closed Complaints 288
FROM THE BBB IN HOBOKEN, NJ PULLED 07-19-2011
 2nd of Aug, 2011 by   lfru 0 Votes
The active ingredient in this stuff is the EXACT same ingredient that's in Rogaine. My dermatologist told me to use the men's strength Rogaine foam once a day. Forget all this foolishness - just go to the drugstore and buy Rogaine.
 4th of Aug, 2011 by   Balding In Baltimore 0 Votes
First of all, I want to say that I am true NON Believer. Normally! I read Kerinique's spill. I read the reviews and the horror stories. Then, I reluctantly decided to order the trial anyway. The plan was to use it for a couple of weeks and send it back before I had to pay the full price. Of course, I forgot to make the call and return the product. I called. I got through the very first time. I was a day late and, I believe, $80.00 short, plus the other $80.oo that he said I owed. Afterwards, I figured I better use the product since I have to pay $160 for it. Eventually, I tried it. I was severely balding in the crown. My barber would be ever so gental when cutting in that area. (I'm a female who wears my hair very short due to hot flashes). Now, I have my hair back. My short cut looks very nice and FULL. I have no reason to be ashamed anymore. I sure hope Kerinique is reading - this is great advertisement. I am unemployed now and can't afford to purchase anymore product (hint hint).
 13th of Aug, 2011 by   gong 0 Votes
I bought this product and have been using it about two weeks now. I only purchased the conditioner and shampoo and the root booster. I am happy so far..maybe my imagination but I do believe my hair is looking a little fuller already. But I did not buy the product directly, I purchased it from Dermastore.com and therefore no scam...just an outright purchase from an impartial company.
 21st of Aug, 2011 by   dcg1259 0 Votes
Many of these coments sound like they are made by people working for the company. . . please... I want real reviews not made up ones bent on selling the product.
 8th of Sep, 2011 by   nurse comments 0 Votes
I first heard the infomercial last night for Keranique. I am one of those who got sucked into the Hydroxytone scam with auto ship. We actually were able to speak to a real person when I called to cancel. After a gazillion questions I fInally stated, "I don't want it and I won't pay for it. I don't like it so don't send it anymore!!! Would you believe the current ads state that Hydroxatone is now sold in stores. The original infomercials stated that they had sold 1 million jars--can you imagine how much money the company is bilking the women who have become caught up in this scam? This is truly a buyer beware product!!! The infomercial is carefully worded--A risk free trial-- of one expensive bottle- that they don't want you return after it has been opened. Also they want you to contact them before you return it, to try to intimidate you into keeping it along with a monthly ship. They are barracudas who are ripping off the public. I hope I have learned my lesson. At least I checked it out on the computer before biting. CW in Virginia
 10th of Sep, 2011 by   KimKis 0 Votes
I had just ordered Keranique. About an hour later a representative called me from the number that they gave me in the recording. I specifically asked him to expalin to me again if I am only being charged the $7.95 s/h trial for 30 days. He said that is the only charge that I will be charged until after the 30 days are up, then if I don't call to cancel before that time and send in the empty bottles then I would be charged $79.95 next month and each month after that. I will wait and see if this is all true and get back to about my experiencel. Some of you had some bad experiences and maybe it depends on who you have and how well they do their job. I guess I will find out. I will check back with you all later when I receive the product. Good Luck!

The 5 Things You Should Never Do When Filing Bankruptcy